Kashi Cereal

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Is there any reason that they put "about 8" servings per container? I'm sitting here with a couple boxes of their cereal, one being GoLean Crunch Protein & Fiber Cereal w/ Honey Almond Flax.

I'd say that I have a good one serving left, after eating it for the past 2 breakfast meals. Oh well, at least it's healthy!
:rofl:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
They put "about" because the exact measurement is off from box to box due to the packaging process.

Thats a lot of cereal for breakfast but if it works lol

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
They put "about" because the exact measurement is off from box to box due to the packaging process.
Haha yeah i know, I was just messing.

Have you seen the boxes? Small as fvck...

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This cereal, without a doubt, is the single largest source of global warming bar none. The gas it causes me could fuel a third-world country.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
lol i love that stuff, i'm a ceral junkie and i don't have to feel bad about it when i eat kashi

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I love the honey almond crunch...

but the sh1ts about $5 a box here and like was said, the box is small.

I only get it if it's on sale.

There's another company...Natures Path...they have good stuff too, but again, small boxes big prices. They have one called Optimum Zen that's yummy...another called something like Optimum Power thats good and another I think is called Optimum Rebound that's real good.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
This cereal, without a doubt, is the single largest source of global warming bar none. The gas it causes me could fuel a third-world country.
same, but only when i eat their crunch type, not the heart to heart type. hmmm :blink:

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
It's actually not 'healthy' for you.

99% of cereal is like candy. Eziekiel Cereal Original or with Almonds probably has the best profile I've seen.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
It's actually not 'healthy' for you.

99% of cereal is like candy. Eziekiel Cereal Original or with Almonds probably has the best profile I've seen.
what part isn't healthy? This box is looking quite good nutritional wise.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
what part isn't healthy? This box is looking quite good nutritional wise.

word... high protein, high fiber, low sugar, complex carbs... looks pretty damn healthy to me

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
word... high protein, high fiber, low sugar, complex carbs... looks pretty damn healthy to me
And thank god it doesn't taste like the original all bran. When I was a short sh1t back in middle school, I wanted to "eat healthy," and parents mixed all bran with some other cereals. Well my smart self wanted to go all in, and decided to pour myself a nice ole bowl of all bran.

That didn't pan out too well. ;)

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
And thank god it doesn't taste like the original all bran. When I was a short sh1t back in middle school, I wanted to "eat healthy," and parents mixed all bran with some other cereals. Well my smart self wanted to go all in, and decided to pour myself a nice ole bowl of all bran.

That didn't pan out too well. ;)
Is that the bran cereal that looks like little pellets like rabbit food?

I hate that ****.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
How about grape nuts? That is some delicious road gravel.

Worst cereal in the history of the world.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Is that the bran cereal that looks like little pellets like rabbit food?

I hate that ****.
Naw thats grape nuts. I tried mixing that **** with water and it was horrendous. Agreed with Renegade worst cereal ever. (I actually like all bran with skim milk...) Best semi-healthy cereal is Raisin Bran imo but is high in sugar from the grapes (every once in a while though it won't harm anything.)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I use a small Shredded wheat bowl of cereal with my protein for breakfast. It's pretty much the only cereal I would eat.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the Jedi mind trick...

..after responding to the thread yesterday I had to go to the store and by some Rebound. $4.89 for a 11 oz box. :(

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I've just lowered my taste expectations while increasing my definition of nutritional... don't mind me... :trout:

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Beat this:

INGREDIENTS: Organic Sprouted Wheat, Organic Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Millet, Organic Sprouted Lentils, Organic Sprouted Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Spelt, Filtered Water, Sea Salt.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: ½ cup (57 g)
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories 190
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1 g 2%
Saturated Fat 0 g 1%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 200 mg 8 %
Potassium 200 mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 40 g 13%
Dietary Fiber 6 g 24%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 8 g 16%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Vitamin B6 10%
Calcium 0%
Thiamin 15%
Niacin 15%
Folic Acid 6%
Phosphorus 20%
Zinc 8%
Iron 10%
Riboflavin 6%
Pantothenic Acid 4%
Magnesium 15%
Copper 10%

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Beat this:

INGREDIENTS: Organic Sprouted Wheat, Organic Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Millet, Organic Sprouted Lentils, Organic Sprouted Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Spelt, Filtered Water, Sea Salt.

Nutrition Facts
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories 190
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1 g 2%
Saturated Fat 0 g 1%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 200 mg 8 %
Potassium 200 mg 6%
Dietary Fiber 6 g 24%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 8 g 16%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Vitamin B6 10%
Calcium 0%
Thiamin 15%
Niacin 15%
Folic Acid 6%
Phosphorus 20%
Zinc 8%
Iron 10%
Riboflavin 6%
Pantothenic Acid 4%
Magnesium 15%
Copper 10%
You throw a picture of Shattner on the box, and I'm there.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen their cereal, even at trader joe's.

Beat this:

Nutrition Facts
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories 190
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1 g 2%
Saturated Fat 0 g 1%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 200 mg 8 %
Potassium 200 mg 6%
Dietary Fiber 6 g 24%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 8 g 16%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Vitamin B6 10%
Calcium 0%
Thiamin 15%
Niacin 15%
Folic Acid 6%
Phosphorus 20%
Zinc 8%
Iron 10%
Riboflavin 6%
Pantothenic Acid 4%
Magnesium 15%
Copper 10%

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GIANT carries it, along with HOOD's calorie countdown milk...
hmm ive seen the bread at Giant before i will look harder for the cereal next time

Wolfenstein

Wolfenstein

Awards
  • Established
Ezekial cereal is The Best because of its amino acid profile. There Products are flourless except for their hamburger buns. Their english muffins are awesome but the bread and cereals are bland in flavor. If that bothers you?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you look at the kashi cereal, you will notice that alot of the protein actually comes from soy seing as it's the second ingredient .
" Ingredients: Kashi Seven Whole Grains and Sesame® cereal (whole: oats, long grain brown rice, rye, hard red winter wheat, triticale, buckwheat, barley, sesame seeds), textured soy protein concentrate, evaporated cane juice, brown rice syrup, chicory root fiber, whole grain oats, Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame flour (whole: oats, long grain brown rice, rye, hard red winter wheat, triticale, buckwheat, barley, sesame seeds), expeller pressed canola oil, honey, salt, cinnamon, mixed tocopherols (natural vitamin E) for freshness.

Allergen Statement: CONTAINS WHEAT AND SOY INGREDIENTS.

That being said, I love the taste of the Kashi Go Lean crunch when I used to eat it. I avoided away from soy almost completely, although after reading a article compiled by the precision nutrition team I have started allowing a bit more soy into my diet, although infrequently at best.