How to stop gangs like MS13?

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I am just curious as to what everyones imput is on this subject. Our country doesnt seem to want to tackle the problem of illegal immigrantion and 95 percent of these gangs, MS13, The latin kings, and the mexican mafia consist of illegal aliens. Ive seen several cities attempt to enact ordinances penalizing anyone housing or employing illegal aliens however the NAACP came in and fought them tooth and nail. These cities are now at a standstill. South American countries needed military action to combat MS13 how long will it be before our military is required to combat these gangs in our own country. I honestly dont know what can be done. The future is somewhat scary to think about.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Illegal immigrants don't bother me none. They're coming here, wanting to live the American dream like many other individuals who come to the US. The gang members, however, oughta be dealt with. It's up to the state governments and police, though. Most of these individuals probably reside in Southern California. What would Arnold do?

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion it would be very difficult to tackle the issue of gangs like ms13 without taking care of illegal imigration. More funding would need to go to ICE and The border patrol. They would need to keep track of illegals alot better. For example an illegal comming from el salvador could have killed 100 people in his home country and is now roaming the streets of America without any known name, criminal history or record of his exsistance, there is no way for law enforcement to deal with the gang problems until the have an idea of who the gang members are. I think once they are identified and do not have gang tats or affiliations they should be entered into our systems and allowed to work legally.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Or we could suspend habeas corpus and throw them in jail, without a trial. It's been done before.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Despite what illegal immigrants do for America, they are still, well 'illegal'. If they want to come into America they need to abide by American laws. Simple as that. There's no point in splitting hairs over the matter.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i live in a border town in AZ and theres alot of illegal aliens here but we dont have gang problem or people from MS13.

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
The History Channel has been showing a show called Gangland on tv alot. Really a good show. Same thing seems like a common thread in each one, most of the kids have no family structure at home so they find the love of family through a gang.

Gangs have been around since the beginning of this country. The only way to dismantle them is by taking out there upper heirachy and the rest of the members fall apart from lack of leadership.

Is there a way to truly get rid of gangs? I'm not sure. You could make it so people were all unable to have children until they could prove they would be decent parents, but that's at the cost of everyone losing a lot of their freedoms. You could ship all violent offenders off to a far away island and lock them up forever, but then you're violating their rights and you'll have the ACLU after you.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
You will never get rid of gangs so long as poverty, child abuse, broken homes, and a myriad of other factors exist.

Everybody needs to have an identity -- many people have loving, caring families in which they find security. Many people have a solid foundation of friends or constructive peers with which they can feel a sense of belonging. But, there are people who have neither of these -- lost individuals with nobody to confide in. Gang life offers a sense of "family" (albeit twisted) in lives where belonging to a group is non-existant.

As long as you have down-trodden, mislead youths and adolescents, you will always have gangs.

Also, I agree with Reaper 100%. Illegal = Not Legal.. get it? Go through the process like you should.

How about we just build a realllllly tall wall all the way across the Mexican border like 300 feet tall and 50 feet wide. That would work... right?

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
Or we could suspend habeas corpus and throw them in jail, without a trial. It's been done before.
If we can hang them without trial too, my vote goes here. :twisted:

Come in to my country legally or not at all. I don't have a problem AT ALL with legal Mexican (or otherwise) immigrants. But illegals? Get the F*CK out! I don't care about why you're here or what your sob story about your family back in Guadalajara has to go through. You know the rules, now :FUfinger:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Most of these individuals probably reside in Southern California. What would Arnold do?
They are widespread in NC as well. My friend near about sh*t himself when two MS13 were standing behind him at the drug store at 8:00 one evening. He said he thought he was going to die.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
They are widespread in NC as well. My friend near about sh*t himself when two MS13 were standing behind him at the drug store at 8:00 one evening. He said he thought he was going to die.
They are becoming wide spread everywhere. They are all over the place in Virginia, DC, NY, PA, NC and even Ohio. My concern is this the bloods, crips, and even the outlaw motorcycle gangs are different, our law enforcement knows who these people are. They are citizens and have records and can be kept track of. These gangs like MS13, Latin Kings, Mexican mafia and so on cannot be accounted for. Most of their members are not even on record being in this country.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
They are becoming wide spread everywhere. They are all over the place in Virginia, DC, NY, PA, NC and even Ohio. My concern is this the bloods, crips, and even the outlaw motorcycle gangs are different, our law enforcement knows who these people are. They are citizens and have records and can be kept track of. These gangs like MS13, Latin Kings, Mexican mafia and so on cannot be accounted for. Most of their members are not even on record being in this country.
:goodpost: I wish you weren't right, but you're absolutely right.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
It is ridiculous. Gangs think they are 'keeping it real' or try to associate 'honor, respect, and dignity' with their violence.

Too bad that 'honor, respect, and dignity' are reserved terms for our armed forces and real heros in the US, not a bunch of punk kids who deal drugs, then inevitably get killed/hurt in the process. They chalk it up to 'keeping it real' through self-inflicted struggles. I suppose getting a job and earning honest money is too difficult ? Apparently.

It is all a big joke.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
If we can hang them without trial too, my vote goes here. :twisted:

Come in to my country legally or not at all. I don't have a problem AT ALL with legal Mexican (or otherwise) immigrants. But illegals? Get the F*CK out! I don't care about why you're here or what your sob story about your family back in Guadalajara has to go through. You know the rules, now :FUfinger:
Allowing illegal immigrants into the US without reprocussions greatly undermines the integrity of our laws.

Furthermore, this is a big slap in the face for immigrants who go through the process of legally entering the US. What's the point in having immigration laws when you are not enforcing them ?

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
Allowing illegal immigrants into the US without reprocussions greatly undermines the integrity of our laws.

Furthermore, this is a big slap in the face for immigrants who go through the process of legally entering the US. What's the point in having immigration laws when you are not enforcing them ?
Plus it shows immigrants who might want to come in illegally that there's no reason to try and obey the laws. If it takes a few months to get in legally, why waste your time? The rest of the people on your street just crossed over the border and now they're sending home $500 a month to the wife and kids, while you're still waiting on your papers. Makes them think, why bother?

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
MS 13 are really CRAZY. A good deal of these cats are ex-military from some country (Nicaragua?) and their brutality is un-matched. This is a really really dangerous situation. The living situations where they come from are so abysmal that even our worst jails don't deter them. There is nothing our legal system can do to them that gives them any pause or fear. What to do, indeed. Mara Salvatrucha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

natekills

Awards
simple solution... extermination

god saves, natekills.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nuke them from orbit...it's the only way to be sure.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
m16s and pump actions
X2. Gangs like that have no business here. If there was a definite way to determine who was a gang member it would be easier to employ an open season like they do with gophers and coyotes.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Well we seem to have gooten off track here a little with the subject of illegal aliens. My thoughts are put a large fence up keep them where ever they come from. I have no problem with people coming here to work. However there are a larger percent that do not work and collect benefits. I am not saying they are all bad because I know of plenty of Americans that do the same thing. Sit around and do nothing except for mooch of our pay checks.

But as far as the gangs are concerned we definitly need to be aware. Th drugs today are so wide sread and more dangerous than 10 or 20 years ago. Kids todoy are hooked on crystal meth and heroin. Back in the day it was cocain and pcp. So the death toll is up because these pieces of **** are willing to kill for a fix or just for fun. Where I live we are seeing a number of gang related incedents so they say in the news. That is why I love N.H. live free or die. Yup right to bear arms and shoot first ask questions later. As far to what to do about the gangs well I do not think there is an easy answer. Historically there never has been.

If we are making arrests and these gang members are not citizens why are they in our jails using our tax dollars. Deport them back to their own country. I do feel that the U.S should be concerned though it is getting more dangerous on some streets.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Ripped 1, i agree from my experience ICE agents are extremely overwhelmed and unless its a huge raid on 100's of illegals they will often ID them and let them sit in Jail. My concern is this, other countries have had to use Military action in their own streets to control these gangs. How well do you think it will go over with the ACLU and the tree huggers when our military is at war on our own streets with military oriented gangs like MS13.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ripped 1, i agree from my experience ICE agents are extremely overwhelmed and unless its a huge raid on 100's of illegals they will often ID them and let them sit in Jail. My concern is this, other countries have had to use Military action in their own streets to control these gangs. How well do you think it will go over with the ACLU and the tree huggers when our military is at war on our own streets with military oriented gangs like MS13.
That's what the National Guard is for.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
It is sad we are such a great country that we have to actually think like this. Look at countrys like Africa that are over run with war lords and scum. They are now hiring private security companies to protect them. We are a large enough country and should be able to stop these half as panzies. The only thing that is scary is that they do not care who they kill, rob, or rape. Why not join the military which is a true gang and learn what brother hood is really about. Not some clan of clowns that beat the crap out of you or rape you to hang wityh them. Ya that sounds like fun

What the government needs to do is focus on this more than steroid busts and dumb crap

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
It is sad we are such a great country that we have to actually think like this. Look at countrys like Africa that are over run with war lords and scum. They are now hiring private security companies to protect them. We are a large enough country and should be able to stop these half as panzies. The only thing that is scary is that they do not care who they kill, rob, or rape. Why not join the military which is a true gang and learn what brother hood is really about. Not some clan of clowns that beat the crap out of you or rape you to hang wityh them. Ya that sounds like fun

What the government needs to do is focus on this more than steroid busts and dumb crap
While that looks good on paper, it doesn't scream out 'for the children'.

Case in point....

Here in Utah the powers that be think they need a new soccer stadium to the tune of something like $60,000,000 to complete. Yes...for a 12 year old girls sport.

The city of Sandy has put up a bond for about $10,000,000.

Where is the rest of the money coming from?-you might ask. Well they figured they'd raise the 'transient room tax' on hotel rooms. They're words were "The people that live here won't pay it. The people that travel through Utah, stay in a hotel room, will."
Awesome solution. It took them a week to announce it.

Meanwhile, we are 50th in the Union on spending for education. Not much they can do for that it seems. Soccer=FOR THE CHILDREN! Education=FOR LOSERS!

Looks like f you need a ****ing soccer stadium, the moneys flowing.

And you can bet your ass after that ****ing stadium is built, the tax isn't going away.

But I digress....
If there was a way to say getting rid of gangs was indeed 'for the children' they'd find a way to get rid of them.

If they get rid of gangs, people would lose their jobs. Crime is a very lucrative business on both ends.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
While that looks good on paper, it doesn't scream out 'for the children'.

Case in point....

Here in Utah the powers that be think they need a new soccer stadium to the tune of something like $60,000,000 to complete. Yes...for a 12 year old girls sport.

The city of Sandy has put up a bond for about $10,000,000.

Where is the rest of the money coming from?-you might ask. Well they figured they'd raise the 'transient room tax' on hotel rooms. They're words were "The people that live here won't pay it. The people that travel through Utah, stay in a hotel room, will."
Awesome solution. It took them a week to announce it.

Meanwhile, we are 50th in the Union on spending for education. Not much they can do for that it seems. Soccer=FOR THE CHILDREN! Education=FOR LOSERS!

Looks like f you need a ****ing soccer stadium, the moneys flowing.

And you can bet your ass after that ****ing stadium is built, the tax isn't going away.

But I digress....
If there was a way to say getting rid of gangs was indeed 'for the children' they'd find a way to get rid of them.

If they get rid of gangs, people would lose their jobs. Crime is a very lucrative business on both ends.
huh

what do soccor stadiums have to do wtih gangs:wtf:

I agree with you as far as the politics to. Have the same problem here

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sadly I think violence might be the only way to handle the issue, I have seen a great deal about these groups as I am from NY and the gang situation in certain areas of LI and NYC is out of control

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I think most of these ideas are quite right.. does anybody think that any of these groups could grow large enough to be recognized as threat to national security and have military action be implemented against them? It seems like they could keep growing and growing without any clear limit..

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I think most of these ideas are quite right.. does anybody think that any of these groups could grow large enough to be recognized as threat to national security and have military action be implemented against them? It seems like they could keep growing and growing without any clear limit..
I read somewhere that the FBI was concerned because Al quida has started to contact MS13 members and other street gang members. They are all anti government and in my opinion unless something is done its only a matter of time before they all realize they can do alot more damage together rather than fighting each other.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
huh

what do soccor stadiums have to do wtih gangs:wtf:

I agree with you as far as the politics to. Have the same problem here
The point was, alot of the times, the government cares more about its own interests rather than the people. Something already know about. That particular story showed how much Utah cares about soccer than education. They care more about the money it will bring in rather than fixing a problem, with the exact same solution. Having no soccer stadium wasn't a problem, having poorly educated kids is. The solution for the stadium would have been an excellent solution for the education problems.

With gangs, you won't be able to get rid of them, because alot of people will lose their jobs in return. No crime means less police forces, which means alot of people either collect unemployment, or move out of state to find work. They'll keep enough of the gangs around to keep people employed fighting them.

Not really an across the board comparison......but the underlying points are there. I think.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think this is horrible...the streets will be overrun by gangs of 12 year old soccer playing girls in NO time.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
The point was, alot of the times, the government cares more about its own interests rather than the people. Something already know about. That particular story showed how much Utah cares about soccer than education. They care more about the money it will bring in rather than fixing a problem, with the exact same solution. Having no soccer stadium wasn't a problem, having poorly educated kids is. The solution for the stadium would have been an excellent solution for the education problems.

With gangs, you won't be able to get rid of them, because alot of people will lose their jobs in return. No crime means less police forces, which means alot of people either collect unemployment, or move out of state to find work. They'll keep enough of the gangs around to keep people employed fighting them.

Not really an across the board comparison......but the underlying points are there. I think.
Point taken

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Sad but true. Whoever said crime doesn't pay was not thinking about law enforcement agencies. I would pay LE bonuses if crime was going down in their city in proportion to population changes.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Im tellin you the 300' by 50' fence/wall would work

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
Im tellin you the 300' by 50' fence/wall would work
If we make a wall I think it should be like the one in the movie 300. We'll use the dead bodies of illegals and gang members like they used the Persians.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With the leading candidates on either side, none of this will be tended to.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Sad but true. Whoever said crime doesn't pay was not thinking about law enforcement agencies. I would pay LE bonuses if crime was going down in their city in proportion to population changes.
What's sad is that there was a scandal in NYC a while ago where thay said that crime was going down, with statistics to support it, but it was alleged that the seeming down trend in crime was just because of major crimes not being documented giving the illusion of less major crime.
Some say that Mayor Guiliani had the right idea and while it was effective, it lead to major problems with police brutality. Let's say you are a decent hard working individual that lived in a poor area, you would be just as susceptible to police harassment which sucks BIG TIME! I'm actually speaking from firsthand experience.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
X2. Gangs like that have no business here. If there was a definite way to determine who was a gang member it would be easier to employ an open season like they do with gophers and coyotes.

Aww C'mon!!! You know this is your REAL gun!:twisted:

Attachments

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I am just curious as to what everyones imput is on this subject. Our country doesnt seem to want to tackle the problem of illegal immigrantion and 95 percent of these gangs, MS13, The latin kings, and the mexican mafia consist of illegal aliens. Ive seen several cities attempt to enact ordinances penalizing anyone housing or employing illegal aliens however the NAACP came in and fought them tooth and nail. These cities are now at a standstill. South American countries needed military action to combat MS13 how long will it be before our military is required to combat these gangs in our own country. I honestly dont know what can be done. The future is somewhat scary to think about.
Shoot to kill policy on the southern border. If they know they're taking their lives into their hands by crossing, perhaps they will think twice and stop coming over in masses.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
The only way to fully control the Mexican gang problem is to first address the issue of illegal immigration. Build a large fence, and it will certainly curtail illegals from coming over so easily.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
A great big wall seemed to work wonders for the Chinese.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
A wall is going to be the ONLY way to stop illegal immigration, short of putting an armed person every 10 feet along the entire Southern border, which definitely isn't feasible from an economic point of view.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Start an AM petition for the wall :study: