What is your favorite exercise out of the 'big 3' ?

• Total voters

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I hated DL for a long time, but lately I'm loving it. Squats beat up one of my knees too much and bench is a little boring for me.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift. The best test of overall body strength, especially these days with the squat suits and bench shirts.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
bench, but before i hurt my lower back it was deads. squats is the friend that gets on my nerves but i see him anyway.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift. Oh god, I love deadlifting. I can't wait to deadlift. I get random urges to deadlift all day long. It's ****in weird.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Voted for squats because deads are still too new in my regime. Ask me again in a few weeks and it'll probably change. With squats I always find new veins poking out, good times.

sbv

Awards
Bench no doubt

im surprised bench is losing...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I love deadlifting. Just like you bound, I could do deads ever day.

I don't like squats as much because I have to be overly careful with my knees which are slightly shotty from playing soccer for 12 years.

Bench press my strength goes up way too slowly.

Deadlifts I can make the most improvements the fastest. It is the best exercise out of the 3 that I do well.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I am a deadlift man, myself.

I've never been fond of benching, not even in high school. I suppose that could be why my chest is a tad underdeveloped compared to my back.

I used to LOVE squats. But, one day, the great God of Iron struck me down... lower back blew out during a semi-light set (~265). Haven't done them since.

I feel I can control the weight better on DLs, and I can't risk injuring myself again... I just had a baby boy this last summer and he needs his daddy to be able to pick him up.

But, I don't go heavy on DLs. I use them more as a rehab type exercise. Usually 185-225, depending on how I feel. But, I do them very slow and controlled... trying to keep my back up to snuff.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift is king...deadlifts feel good

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deadlifts, it's the only lift intense enough to really bring out the beast in me. I'm not a grunter, I breathe heavily, but I don't grunt... except for when I'm deadlifting massive weights. I don't think I do it on purpose, its simply a reaction to high intensity.

sbv

Awards
come on guys, you know you like to bench

what i like about it is precisely that it's not too intense like the deadlift. I can put 100% intensity in my bench every week, but if I put 100% in my deadlift im going to faint and my heart is going to explode

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
benching (esp really heavy) puts a lot of strain on my shoulders. This is probably my limiting factor.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
deads bring me to life man... im not sure what it is, but everytime i do them no matter how worn out i am, the second or third set i just rage... and i feel really awake the rest of the day.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
deads bring me to life man... im not sure what it is, but everytime i do them no matter how worn out i am, the second or third set i just rage... and i feel really awake the rest of the day.
Word

typeOnegative

typeOnegative

Awards
squats... with deads a close second... I am better at keeping good form in performing squats...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

what i like about it is precisely that it's not too intense like the deadlift. I can put 100% intensity in my bench every week, but if I put 100% in my deadlift im going to faint and my heart is going to explode
That is really lame.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i had to chose between bench and squat...really probably a tie but went with bench. Deads i dont like too much because i get some uncomfortable pain in my back sometimes, with good form. I dunno i dont think it suits my tall frame to well.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
i had to chose between bench and squat...really probably a tie but went with bench. Deads i dont like too much because i get some uncomfortable pain in my back sometimes, with good form. I dunno i dont think it suits my tall frame to well.
I think deads are easier than squats for the taller framed type. I guess it depends on arms length to some extent though.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Squats n Deads separate the men from the boys....literally!

I love squats because of the test / libido rush the next couple days. Deads I love because they make me feel strong like bull!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

Going too hardcore in working out can suck. Probably should just skip deads all together.

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
if i dont almost die of a heart attack during deadlifts.. i dont leave the gym satisfied.

that like the best part about deads, is how intense they are..

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you are trying to avoid intensity in the gym then you are wrong!!!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think deads are easier than squats for the taller framed type. I guess it depends on arms length to some extent though.
Most definitely. I've seen a lot of 6'4"+ guys pull a good bit of weight, very rare to see those guys squatting a lot. Short guys squatting a lot of weight is about as impressive as Rodja's standup:yawn:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most definitely. I've seen a lot of 6'4"+ guys pull a good bit of weight, very rare to see those guys squatting a lot. Short guys squatting a lot of weight is about as impressive as Rodja's standup:yawn:
Ouch, that stings. I have been working almost exclusively on my stand-up since the shin healed. I can't throw any HKs right now, but my combos are really improving.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Ouch, that stings. I have been working almost exclusively on my stand-up since the shin healed. I can't throw any HKs right now, but my combos are really improving.
Just fvcking around, but I knew it would sting a little. You should post some of your training vids, if possible. I wouldn't really know if you had standup or not, cause in your fight vids everything was pretty much crazy scrambling, which you are very good at.

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
Squats, they just make me feel like a beast when I get done doing some atg.

I'd say deads but my back is ugly weak. I'm working on it.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats mainly why i like squats because you just feel like an ox with big weight on your shoulders.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I don't deadlift as much as I should but when I squat I feel like a man. Nothing makes me rage in the gym like the squat!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
DEADLIFT. i just learned how 2 spell it.
DL 455x4

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
It's not on there but I got to say weighted dips are my favorite out of everything. I think that gets my Test flowing. But the one on the list is deads love pulling that big weight up.
yea figured i'd bring this thread back from the dead I was gonna post a poll almost the same.