Poll: What is your favorite exercise out of the 'big 3' ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

What is your favorite exercise out of the 'big 3' ?

  1. What is your favorite exercise out of the 'big 3' ?


    What is your favorite exercise out of the 'big 3' ?


  2. I hated DL for a long time, but lately I'm loving it. Squats beat up one of my knees too much and bench is a little boring for me.

  3. Deadlift. The best test of overall body strength, especially these days with the squat suits and bench shirts.
    •   
       


  4. bench, but before i hurt my lower back it was deads. squats is the friend that gets on my nerves but i see him anyway.

  5. Deadlift. Oh god, I love deadlifting. I can't wait to deadlift. I get random urges to deadlift all day long. It's ****in weird.
    The Truth is, there is no Truth.

  6. Voted for squats because deads are still too new in my regime. Ask me again in a few weeks and it'll probably change. With squats I always find new veins poking out, good times.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  7. Bench no doubt

    im surprised bench is losing...

  8. Deads baby, very Deads

  9. I love deadlifting. Just like you bound, I could do deads ever day.

    I don't like squats as much because I have to be overly careful with my knees which are slightly shotty from playing soccer for 12 years.

    Bench press my strength goes up way too slowly.

    Deadlifts I can make the most improvements the fastest. It is the best exercise out of the 3 that I do well.

  10. I am a deadlift man, myself.

    I've never been fond of benching, not even in high school. I suppose that could be why my chest is a tad underdeveloped compared to my back.

    I used to LOVE squats. But, one day, the great God of Iron struck me down... lower back blew out during a semi-light set (~265). Haven't done them since.

    I feel I can control the weight better on DLs, and I can't risk injuring myself again... I just had a baby boy this last summer and he needs his daddy to be able to pick him up.

    But, I don't go heavy on DLs. I use them more as a rehab type exercise. Usually 185-225, depending on how I feel. But, I do them very slow and controlled... trying to keep my back up to snuff.

  11. Deadlift is king...deadlifts feel good

  12. Deadlifts, it's the only lift intense enough to really bring out the beast in me. I'm not a grunter, I breathe heavily, but I don't grunt... except for when I'm deadlifting massive weights. I don't think I do it on purpose, its simply a reaction to high intensity.
    NSCA - CSCS

  13. come on guys, you know you like to bench

    what i like about it is precisely that it's not too intense like the deadlift. I can put 100% intensity in my bench every week, but if I put 100% in my deadlift im going to faint and my heart is going to explode

  14. benching (esp really heavy) puts a lot of strain on my shoulders. This is probably my limiting factor.

  15. deads bring me to life man... im not sure what it is, but everytime i do them no matter how worn out i am, the second or third set i just rage... and i feel really awake the rest of the day.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by arjun4 View Post
    deads bring me to life man... im not sure what it is, but everytime i do them no matter how worn out i am, the second or third set i just rage... and i feel really awake the rest of the day.
    Word
    NSCA - CSCS

  17. squats... with deads a close second... I am better at keeping good form in performing squats...

  18. Quote Originally Posted by sbv View Post
    come on guys, you know you like to bench

    what i like about it is precisely that it's not too intense like the deadlift. I can put 100% intensity in my bench every week, but if I put 100% in my deadlift im going to faint and my heart is going to explode
    That is really lame.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  19. i had to chose between bench and squat...really probably a tie but went with bench. Deads i dont like too much because i get some uncomfortable pain in my back sometimes, with good form. I dunno i dont think it suits my tall frame to well.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i had to chose between bench and squat...really probably a tie but went with bench. Deads i dont like too much because i get some uncomfortable pain in my back sometimes, with good form. I dunno i dont think it suits my tall frame to well.
    I think deads are easier than squats for the taller framed type. I guess it depends on arms length to some extent though.

  21. i dont ever use a belt either, for anything.

  22. Squats n Deads separate the men from the boys....literally!

    I love squats because of the test / libido rush the next couple days. Deads I love because they make me feel strong like bull!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i dont ever use a belt either, for anything.
    Just be careful not to do them like Alexander.


  24. Quote Originally Posted by sbv View Post
    come on guys, you know you like to bench

    what i like about it is precisely that it's not too intense like the deadlift. I can put 100% intensity in my bench every week, but if I put 100% in my deadlift im going to faint and my heart is going to explode

    Going too hardcore in working out can suck. Probably should just skip deads all together.

  25. if i dont almost die of a heart attack during deadlifts.. i dont leave the gym satisfied.

    that like the best part about deads, is how intense they are..

  26. if you are trying to avoid intensity in the gym then you are wrong!!!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I think deads are easier than squats for the taller framed type. I guess it depends on arms length to some extent though.
    Most definitely. I've seen a lot of 6'4"+ guys pull a good bit of weight, very rare to see those guys squatting a lot. Short guys squatting a lot of weight is about as impressive as Rodja's standup

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Most definitely. I've seen a lot of 6'4"+ guys pull a good bit of weight, very rare to see those guys squatting a lot. Short guys squatting a lot of weight is about as impressive as Rodja's standup
    Ouch, that stings. I have been working almost exclusively on my stand-up since the shin healed. I can't throw any HKs right now, but my combos are really improving.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  29. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Ouch, that stings. I have been working almost exclusively on my stand-up since the shin healed. I can't throw any HKs right now, but my combos are really improving.
    Just ****ing around, but I knew it would sting a little. You should post some of your training vids, if possible. I wouldn't really know if you had standup or not, cause in your fight vids everything was pretty much crazy scrambling, which you are very good at.

  30. Squats, they just make me feel like a beast when I get done doing some atg.

    I'd say deads but my back is ugly weak. I'm working on it.

  31. thats mainly why i like squats because you just feel like an ox with big weight on your shoulders.

  32. I don't deadlift as much as I should but when I squat I feel like a man. Nothing makes me rage in the gym like the squat!

  33. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Just be careful not to do them like Alexander.

    haha jesus...he has back problems for sure after that video

  34. DEADLIFT. i just learned how 2 spell it.
    DL 455x4

  35. It's not on there but I got to say weighted dips are my favorite out of everything. I think that gets my Test flowing. But the one on the list is deads love pulling that big weight up.
    yea figured i'd bring this thread back from the dead I was gonna post a poll almost the same.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What is your favorite TV show?
    By Dwight Schrute in forum General Chat
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 02:47 PM
  2. What Is Your Favorite Equipment At The Gym???
    By FOOFAC in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 05:55 PM
  3. What is your favorite ALL THE WHEY FLAVOR of WPI?
    By Big Matt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 11:37 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Log in
Log in