- 12-13-2007, 07:28 AM
- 12-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Probably the OS hogging resources
- 12-13-2007, 07:50 AM
4G is quite a bit.
12-14-2007, 06:36 AM
4gig is indeed a lot but it is probably the software that's on their as someone noted above. Sad to say but thats how it is with all Ipods.
12-14-2007, 07:10 AM
I see people workout with their ipod videos and I cringe.
Not only are the ipod videos expensive, but they are essentially a hard drive that is being jarred around like that on ppls arms/waist.
I have a shuffle I use for working out, so I don't have to use the video.
12-14-2007, 09:46 AM
As with any HDD, formatting takes up space. This is on top of the OS that would be included on your ipod. You will never have the advertised memory available on a fresh HDD.
12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
If you take off all of the preloaded games you can get some of your space back, but besides that, it's the OS.
12-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Its not the OS that takes up the space, its drive formatting.
In hard drive terms 1000 bytes = 1 kilobyte. In computer terms 1024 bytes = 1 kilobyte. 1024 kilobytes because formatting the drive for use by PC's requires this. This is about 2% loss. As the drive gets bigger, more information is needed for formatting so the bigger the drive the more you will lose. A gigabyte = 1 trillion bytes to a drive manufacturer but 1,073,741,824 bytes to the PC. This is about 7% loss.
12-14-2007, 12:00 PM
12-14-2007, 12:03 PM
I feel greatly decieved.
12-14-2007, 12:23 PM
12-14-2007, 12:30 PM
12-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Mulletsoldier in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 01-06-2008, 12:28 PM
- By windwords7 in forum General ChatReplies: 10Last Post: 06-02-2003, 09:23 PM
- By Matt T in forum General ChatReplies: 10Last Post: 04-19-2003, 03:37 PM
- By LakeMountD in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:10 PM
- By windwords7 in forum General ChatReplies: 30Last Post: 02-15-2003, 12:57 AM