Whats your definition of a bodybuilder?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not quite sure what mine is. Oddly, I feel i'm not yet a bodybuilder, but i'm on my way there. For me I guess the low bodyfat (say under 12 maybe?) is part of the definition. huge size isn't really necessary, my personal goals are along the lines of the grecian ideal to the steve reeves size. Not huge but looks good

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One who builds their body to a higher level than what they currently have?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was this inspired by my thread?. I don't consider myself a bodybuilder. A bodybuilder is someone who does this type of thing(lifting weights) professionally. A BB has sponsers pay for all their supplementation, shaves all bodyhair, has a "Cutting" and "Bulking" diet, plus "Pre-season" diet, "Competition" diet. Gets tans, and enters competions when "in season". They get down to extremely unhealthy levels of bodyfat, and I don't think they are "Healthy"- far from it!.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would consider myself more of a "Weekend Warrior" (even though I'm in the gym much more than 2 times/week). I have no aspirations to ever compete, or the talent for that matter however I like seeing what I can achieve with my body. Changes in both look and performance are self gratifying.

I sorta agree with you easy on the look your shooting for, although I wouldnt be upset if I looked like Frank Zane either. :thumbsup:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have no aspirations to ever compete, or the talent for that matter however I like seeing what I can achieve with my body. Changes in both look and performance are self gratifying.
i feel the same way. Its nice to see that you put in hard work and dedication and changes can be seen and felt.

A bodybuilder in the general sense is someone who does excersize to change their body to their own liking.

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
Bodybuilder: one who competes in bodybuilding competitions.

Wow. That was tough.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Someone who's diet and workouts are based solely on the idea that it will add muscle to improve the APPEARANCE of the body.

Bodybuilding is all about looks.

That dude in the second picture is pretty solid looking. I like that look more than the completely shaven, pre-contest look. Sort of a buff and muscular Grizzly Adams.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Was this inspired by my thread?. I don't consider myself a bodybuilder. A bodybuilder is someone who does this type of thing(lifting weights) professionally. A BB has sponsers pay for all their supplementation, shaves all bodyhair, has a "Cutting" and "Bulking" diet, plus "Pre-season" diet, "Competition" diet. Gets tans, and enters competions when "in season". They get down to extremely unhealthy levels of bodyfat, and I don't think they are "Healthy"- far from it!.
That would be a Professional Bodybuilder IMHO

Polynomial

Polynomial

Awards
  • Established
Bodybuilder - noun.
A bodybuilder is characterized by an insatiable desire to complicate all training and diet regiments in hopes of having bigger muscles then "the next guy." Between training sessions, male bodybuilders can be found on internet forums looking at pictures of oiled up dudes and wondering what cycle and bench grip can produce the most symmetrical looking manboobs.

Antonyms: powerlifter, strongman.

I mean this in the nicest way possible.

Jet

Awards
  • Established
Bodybuilder - noun.
A bodybuilder is characterized by an insatiable desire to complicate all training and diet regiments in hopes of having bigger muscles then "the next guy." Between training sessions, male bodybuilders can be found on internet forums looking at pictures of oiled up dudes and wondering what cycle and bench grip can produce the most symmetrical looking manboobs.

:toofunny:

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Bodybuilder - noun.

Guilty as charged!

A bodybuilder is someone who is dedicated to diet and fitness trying to perfect there body, to push there limits and beyond.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Bodybuilder: A man looking for a socially acceptable excuse to wear smaller-than-his-girlfriend's underwear, and rub oil all over himself. Usually characterized by a desire to shave his legs.

JOKING!

I've competed before, but being 100% honest w/ myself do not consider myself a bodybuilder..... as I do not make it a daily part of my life per se.