RANT : GYM EGOs

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I just had to vent this:

Ok so Im off to the gym today, stop by the Vitamin Shoppe for a water, only to find that some douche bag has parked his new 07 Landrover sideways over 3 parking lanes (none left for me).

Finally get to park, and hes (35+ year old) in there chatting up some female clerk while his GF (about 20 yrs old) is sat buffing her nails in the Landrover.

He continues to point out to everyone in the store and the clerk how hes been working out for years and flexing his biceps at every opportunity. So im stood in line waiting for a drink when i slide by him and place my drink on the counter. He looks at me ( i swear he flexed his pecs at me!) and then decides against saying anything, but mutters something and walks out.

Anyway so this guy has COMPLETELY pssed me off for the day and then I finally get to the gym and whos there...none other than Mr Pec Flex, grunting his way though what can only be described as an over-exagerrated bicep curl.

So my point is, is it only me that runs into these type of people and why do they bother me so much.

ITs the type of guys who :

1) Grunt through an entire set letting the whole gym know they are lifting something "heavy"
2) Swagger around the gym like oversized apes
3) Are Overly tanned
4) Stand over you during an exercise to let you know "they're next"
5) Think their gods gift to women by eying up every woman breaking a sweat and making her uncomfortable
6) Think every guy in the shower needs to have full view of "little timmy"

:numbered:

sorry:)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
LOL. Sounds like he deserves a 45lb plate to the foot.

Did the douche even have any size to him?

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I hate seeing a guy with a tad bit of size just go in do a couple of sets and talk for an hour to the girl working there.

The grunting like a beast is just retarded, even with my heaviest sets I don't do that. I also hate as u pointed out the guy that does lat pulldowns and all of a sudden has 747 wings on him:frustrate :rofl:

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
LOL. Sounds like he deserves a 45lb plate to the foot.

Did the douche even have any size to him?
Thats the thing. He looks like he done 1 cycle and been going to the gym for 6 months - max.

About 6"1 and 160LBS. Really nothing to shout about.

Thing is, the guys who really look great and work out hard, are quiet like me and dont bother anyone.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I mind my own business at the gym and out of the gym. Other people bring up my size and lifestyle, but never me.

what pisses me the **** off is when people are like
1. WOAAAA ARE YOU EATING CARBS!!!!!
2. YOU ARE GOING TO DIE IN LIKE 2 YEARS

1. i am not on ****ing atkins. you dont break 270lbs by eating salads and drinking water. you ****ing ignorant prick. you do not have half of what it takes to live my lifestyle. you are a lazy **** and your jealously shows.

2. And you probably play online poker tournaments all day and jerk off in between rounds. ****ing do something with you life you unathletic inbred.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
I mind my own business at the gym and out of the gym. Other people bring up my size and lifestyle, but never me.

1. i am not on ****ing atkins. you dont break 270lbs by eating salads and drinking water. you ****ing ignorant prick. you do not have half of what it takes to live my lifestyle. you are a lazy **** and your jealously shows.

2. And you probably play online poker tournaments all day and jerk off in between rounds. ****ing do something with you life you unathletic inbred.

Now thats what im talking about!!

These feelings have been held in too long, its time to rant :numbered:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

my gahhd jomi..........a little hostile today.......:)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
LOL @ "little timmy"

I must say the only thing that perturbs me at my gym are the apes throwing the weights down...hard! And causing me aural disturbances of the loud crashing kind. If you can't put em down reasonably quietly then they're too heavy.

Much Love,

Neoborn

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You're too much!. A little too much testosterone!. Did I even spell that correctly?. I hope so, otherwise you might murder me!

psychospic

psychospic

Awards
  • Established
So does this dude at the gym also hold his arms out as if he had lats on a day when he isn't even working his back. I hate those douchebags.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What I notice is that most of these guys that act as you describe are not consistent at all. Meaning they will show up for a month then disappear for 6 months.

I would consider myself a loud person in the gym. Its a pretty small gym so I have gotten to know a lot of the regulars so we will screw around a lot and push each other.

I am still respectful of new people but usually the noobs are more intimidated than anything. A friend and I are always willing to help out. Especially the people that ask for help (usually 120lb kids lookin to get heyooog).

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
I think it's much more convenient to just work out at home. I've got my basement hooked up nicely.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Mash I feel your pain. I HATE going to the gym early in the morning. Ill aways spot Mr.Fagbag there. He takes off his entire shirt, wifebeater and everything and start flexing in the middle of the gym floor. He checks himself out in the mirror constantly, 3 minutes wont go by without him having to lift his shirt and start flexing him abs or chest. I hate people who show off.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So does this dude at the gym also hold his arms out as if he had lats on a day when he isn't even working his back. I hate those douchebags.
There's this kid from the local high school that's so badass that he just can't seem to get his arms down over his HYOOGE lats. He's SO awesome!!1!

I never want to knock him out every time I see him, either. ;)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's worse is when these guys are actually bigger than you. I hate genetics.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

What's wrong with playing online poker? I'm about to play right now. If I'm not working out or doing schoolwork, I'm eating and playing poker. What's the problem?

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
http://www.guidoandluigi.com/

These are my favorite guys, that's I'm with speedkillz...I transformed my basement into a gym.

No waiting for someone to finish, no wiping up someone elses sweat, and I don't have to hear anyone grunt besides myself.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
some douche bag has parked his new 07 Landrover sideways over 3 parking lanes (none left for me).

6) Think every guy in the shower needs to have full view of "little timmy"
i hate it when i see cars that do that.... makes me want to go out of my way to harm it.

lol@ "little timmy"

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Its like...ok I know you go the gym and I do too, yet I dont feel compelled to walk around showing off.

What gets me the most, is these are usually the guys that work out for appearence only and only EVER workout ot their upper body. They then proceed to hide their chicken legs with long tight pants.... WHY?!!

Oh and this guy feels compelled to wear his cap and sunglasses while working out....whats the deal with that? How the hell do you workout to the max wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap.....

(oh and I deliberately parked my car right behind his beloved Landrover in attempt to pss him off further. Sadly though the person in front of him moved their car....:sad:

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
Oh and this guy feels compelled to wear his cap and sunglasses while working out....whats the deal with that?
I can understand the cap thing, but there's no excuse for the sunglasses. lol sunglasses, how embarassing.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
I can understand the cap thing, but there's no excuse for the sunglasses. lol sunglasses, how embarassing.
(the cap for sweat....fine with me....but with sunglasses and it gets me thinking im should be wearing SPF15 or something..)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its like...ok I know you go the gym and I do too, yet I dont feel compelled to walk around showing off.

What gets me the most, is these are usually the guys that work out for appearence only and only EVER workout ot their upper body. They then proceed to hide their chicken legs with long tight pants.... WHY?!!

Oh and this guy feels compelled to wear his cap and sunglasses while working out....whats the deal with that? How the hell do you workout to the max wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap.....

(oh and I deliberately parked my car right behind his beloved Landrover in attempt to pss him off further. Sadly though the person in front of him moved their car....:sad:
i wear my sox hat when i workout....it makes me stronger,or some sh*t.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha jomi likes to rock the granny panties......:toofunny:

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No thats not quite me. I have a much bigger gunt

The Gunt
A combination of the word **** and gut, the gunt is a large sack of fat that protrudes to the point where it covers the genitalia of the male or female. A person in possession of a gunt will typically pull their pants up over the gunt, as opposed to around their waste. In this fashion, the gunt is contained within the pants, and does not hang over the top of the pants.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wonder Woman is still pretty attractive. She was on some commercial I saw not too long ago; for contacts I think.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Thats the thing. He looks like he done 1 cycle and been going to the gym for 6 months - max.

About 6"1 and 160LBS. Really nothing to shout about.

Thing is, the guys who really look great and work out hard, are quiet like me and dont bother anyone.

Exactly. I've been doing this for 13 years now, and I might take my headphones out 3-4 times a year. I dont socialize, and when I do make a friend here or there I hear what others say about me. One person actually had others say to him "THAT GUY TALKS TO YOU? THAT GUY DONT TALK TO ANYONE!"

So I guess I'm the weird not talking to anyone guy at my gym.

But I can tell you what the guys that DO talk to everyone at the gym look like......

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
No thats not quite me. I have a much bigger gunt

The Gunt
A combination of the word **** and gut, the gunt is a large sack of fat that protrudes to the point where it covers the genitalia of the male or female. A person in possession of a gunt will typically pull their pants up over the gunt, as opposed to around their waste. In this fashion, the gunt is contained within the pants, and does not hang over the top of the pants.
I must admit I love your posts from the point of I learn something pretty much every time :D it's makes me feel in touch with all the hip kidzors today, not that I'm an old man but don't hear alot of the kewl slang used these days :)

I only recently learned what a cleaveland steamer was.....:nono:

Much Love,

Neoborn

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established

Much Love,

Neoborn
I hope you took a good shower and wiped it all off when he'd finished...

(neos tip after a hard nights work)

:lol:

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. I've been doing this for 13 years now, and I might take my headphones out 3-4 times a year. I dont socialize, and when I do make a friend here or there I hear what others say about me. One person actually had others say to him "THAT GUY TALKS TO YOU? THAT GUY DONT TALK TO ANYONE!"

So I guess I'm the weird not talking to anyone guy at my gym.

But I can tell you what the guys that DO talk to everyone at the gym look like......
I agree. Im there to work out not to chat. I get easily distracted by noobs, douches and the obese wearing loose or "revealing" clothing <sudder>.... so keep my headphones on and my head down... for concentration reasons of course.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I agree we have some personal trainers at out gym that are huge. And they have the huge egos to go with it. Totally rude people that talk down on everyone unless you pay them to train you.

I had one come up to me a few days ago while I was weighing yself. He asked me how tall I was. Now mind you I weighed 119lb and I'm 5'3" . He told me for my height I should weigh 123 at least with it all being additional muscle..I rolled my eyes and walked away.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I agree we have some personal trainers at out gym that are huge. And they have the huge egos to go with it. Totally rude people that talk down on everyone unless you pay them to train you.

I had one come up to me a few days ago while I was weighing yself. He asked me how tall I was. Now mind you I weighed 119lb and I'm 5'3" . He told me for my height I should weigh 123 at least with it all being additional muscle..I rolled my eyes and walked away.
OH GOD NO! NOT 4 LBS! You must have an eating disorder.

Nice to know they're experts in their field.

The personal trainer at my gym is a buddy of mine, and he's got to be the nicest person in the gym. The guy is a 315lb social butterfly. He powerlifts, and has his ego about that, but when you can pull 700+ from the floor in nothing but a unitard and lifting flats, I think thats allowed. Other than that he's 150% encouraging to anyone he meets whether they pay him or not.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I must admit I love your posts from the point of I learn something pretty much every time :D it's makes me feel in touch with all the hip kidzors today, not that I'm an old man but don't hear alot of the kewl slang used these days :)

Much Love,

Neoborn
For the love of God, DO NOT ask what a Hot Carl is, Golden Gate Bridge, Hot Karla, Hot Lunch etc.

Stick with more 'benign' terms like Odd Job, Angry Dragon, Cajun Hot Stick and the like.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the trainers at my gym are a bunch of half retarded 20 something high school drop outs. Every single of one of them has an enormous nose on top of it. maybe irrelevant, but ill hold it against them anyway.

never have i seen such a collective group of total douches with such massive inferiority complexes. They pretty much demand that every highschool kid in the gym suck their ****. They cant stand me. maybe its because i have 90+lbs and 2% bodyfat less than all of them, who knows.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Holy sh*t Jomi!!! That sounds exactly like my gym!! LA Fitness?

shortstop1616

Awards
Love these type of guys... it gives u something to do in between sets....

you can just make fun of the guy who is on steriods with his armani exchange shirt on, grunting when hes only benching 275. You know he does't do squats cause the road runner has larger leg than this ego maniac

psychospic

psychospic

Awards
  • Established
We don't have too many characters but every gym has a few. We have a really fat smelly tall guy with really short shorts and extreme male camel toe and dumbass mackdaddy's who get all dressed up in color coordinated outfits and sneakers and wear their bluetooth and talk while working out. They take like ten minute breaks between sets and get visibly annoyed with me when I am doing HIT and keep asking to jump in. Although they don't say **** because for some reason most of them think I am angry and mean (they tell my girlfriend this when they find out that she is not single and is with me) I don't really talk to anyone so they all think this, I kind of like it because they don't **** with me.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Holy sh*t Jomi!!! That sounds exactly like my gym!! LA Fitness?
They are opening one by me. had the job but turned it down due to money isnt secure. Im switchin to it though cause it 1 minute, literally fomr my house. Pool. Track, etc. Mine now has cardio equipment, some machines and free weights. Not huge but enough.

I am not loud when i lift unless i breath heavier. i leave my headphones on and expectt o be left alone. I got alot of jabber jaws there too.

I hate these guys to. I go to a small gym, more community based. Cardinal Fitness, soutside chicago. Its not filled with loud douchebags or juice monsters. I get looks because at 175 and deadlifting 405 itll happen.

Jomi, i feel you on the lifestyle thing. Everyone is like"you on steroids?" n shyt and i just say no i know what im doing. When i go on soon we'll see if people say shyt.