- 09-19-2007, 12:34 PM
I send out a daily quote to some friends and co-workers and I thought some of you might enjoy that. So, if there are no Mod issues, I would like to start posting it here as well. If you prefer to receive this or a daily Bible verse via email, please PM me with your email.
September 19, 2007
“Stubbornness does have its helpful features. You always know what you are going to be thinking tomorrow.”
- Glen Beaman - US Author
- 09-20-2007, 08:58 AM
September 20, 2007
“The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it.”
- Vince Lombardi (1913 –1970) Former Head Coach of the Green Bay Packers and one the most successful head coaches in NFL history with 5 Championships including Super Bowls I and II.
09-20-2007, 09:32 AM
This is a pretty good idea of yours.
The things we know best are the things we haven't been taught.
- Marquis de Vauvenargues
09-20-2007, 09:56 AM
09-21-2007, 04:46 AM
09-21-2007, 08:57 AM
September 21, 2007
“I do not measure a man by how far he falls, but by how high he bounces.”
- Gen. George S. Patton (1885 –1945) U.S. Army general in World War II in campaigns in North Africa, Sicily, France, and Germany, 1943–1945.
09-21-2007, 12:01 PM
09-21-2007, 12:55 PM
The future, according to some scientists, will be exactly like the past, only far more expensive.
- John Sladek
09-21-2007, 01:02 PM
09-21-2007, 02:41 PM
09-21-2007, 02:42 PM
09-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Always get married early in the morning. That way, if it doesn't work out, you haven't wasted a whole day.
- Mickey Rooney
09-23-2007, 02:01 AM
"It's not the disability that defines you, it's how you deal with the challenges the disability presents you with. We have an obligation to the abilities we DO have, not the disability" - Jim Abbott, former MLB pitcher with a disability
09-23-2007, 12:05 PM
09-24-2007, 09:19 AM
September 24, 2007
“I am absolutely convinced that no wealth in the world can help humanity forward, even in the hands of the most devoted worker. The example of great and pure individuals is the only thing that can lead us to noble thoughts and deeds. Money only appeals to selfishness and irresistibly invites abuse. Can anyone imagine Moses, Jesus or Ghandi armed with the money-bags of Carnegie?”
-- Albert Einstein (1879 –1955) German-born theoretical physicist who is best known for his theory of relativity and specifically mass-energy equivalence, E = mc2.
09-25-2007, 08:55 AM
September 25, 2007
“It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.”
-- Alfred Adler (1870 - 1937) Austrian medical doctor and psychologist, founder of the school of individual psychology.
09-25-2007, 10:08 AM
The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it.
- Bertrand Russell
09-26-2007, 09:07 AM
September 26, 2007
“There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.”
- Amantine Aurore Lucile Dupin (1804 –1876) French novelist best known by her pseudonym George Sand.
09-26-2007, 12:19 PM
09-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Politics are almost as exciting as war and quite as dangerous. In war you can only be killed once, but in politics - many times.
09-27-2007, 09:08 AM
September 27, 2007
“A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done.”
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890 –1969) Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in Europe during World War II; First supreme commander of NATO; 34th President of the United States (1953–1961).
09-28-2007, 09:05 AM
September 28, 2007
“None will improve your lot, if you yourself do not.”
- Bertolt Brecht (1898-1956) German poet, playwright, and theatre director.
09-28-2007, 09:53 AM
09-28-2007, 11:22 AM
The main dangers in this life are the people who want to change everything - or nothing.
- Nancy Astor
09-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By YellowJacket in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 03-13-2003, 04:50 PM
- By Draven in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 02-27-2003, 01:18 AM
- By Rhinoman in forum General ChatReplies: 39Last Post: 02-11-2003, 01:31 AM
- By Biggs in forum General ChatReplies: 11Last Post: 02-02-2003, 12:31 AM
- By sage in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 12-20-2002, 10:56 AM