The "Your Beer Sucks" Thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

The "Your Beer Sucks" Thread.

Beer is so subjective to the person drinking it, it seems like something so good can sometimes go so wrong.

Please tear appart one beer per post, so it's easier for reader's to follow.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

2. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Corona

Here's a concept, let's make a Mexican version of Busch Natural and charge twice the price for it. When people say it sucks, we'll just tell them they need to shove a line down the bottle's throat.

Personally, if it takes me more than twisting off the cap to enjoy a beer, something has gone wrong. So then you do the 'lime trick' and magically your piss beer is sour piss beer. And you're telling me this tastes better? They say alcohol impairs your judgement.......hmmm
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  3. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%

Heineken

Is it really any wonder why Dutch Bars are more popular for selling hash?
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Corona is a good drop i think, but yes you need to have the lemon or the lime otherwise its ordinary.

Belgian beer is hard to beat i think! and i love the aussie beers as well. Good old Tooheys New, cant go wrong there!

But i have to say the WORST beer by a country mile is American beer. It is just horrible. Sorry guys but you cant make a good beer to save your life. Budwieser isn't bad but is that even American...there is a Chech version i think. The Canadians on the other hand, you guys have some nice stuff. Kokanee or something i think it was called. Tried that a few years back and liked it. Or maybe that was because i was in a Hooters and i wasn't concentrating on the beer.

actually horrible is a bit harsh as i still got wasted the hole time i was in the states. it just isn't that good. Do you guys not find it watery?
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    Corona is a good drop i think, but yes you need to have the lemon or the lime otherwise its ordinary.

Belgian beer is hard to beat i think! and i love the aussie beers as well. Good old Tooheys New, cant go wrong there!

But i have to say the WORST beer by a country mile is American beer. It is just horrible. Sorry guys but you cant make a good beer to save your life. Budwieser isn't bad but is that even American...there is a Chech version i think. The Canadians on the other hand, you guys have some nice stuff. Kokanee or something i think it was called. Tried that a few years back and liked it. Or maybe that was because i was in a Hooters and i wasn't concentrating on the beer.

actually horrible is a bit harsh as i still got wasted the hole time i was in the states. it just isn't that good. Do you guys not find it watery?
    I'm guessing from your name that you're an Aussie but ever had Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? It's from the states...I think it's delicious...
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Michalob Ultra Light

Beer that I drink when I like to minimize the amount of 'cheating' in my diet, however I am probably only fooling myself. At any rate it gets a thumbs up for a 'trying to keep it healthy beer'.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%

Miller Lite = I have a ridiculous hangover and don't wanna get outta bed.

Anything else and I'm fine.
  8. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I think alot of the better beers are non twist off caps. For the most part American beer does suck. I think European is probably the best.

Bud light sucks. True or False? You can drink 24 cans of bud light and barely catch a buzz?......

Answer: True

True or False? Budlight is bottled beer flavored water?

Answer: True
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.59%

Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Miller Lite = I have a ridiculous hangover and don't wanna get outta bed.

Anything else and I'm fine.
    There's no need for Miller Lite when Keystone Light works equally as well.

Good beers:

Corona, Dos Equies (sp?), Honey Brown, New Castle, Moosehead (Canadian), Blue Moon is OK.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%

I've never personally seen keystone available at a bar. And if I did, I am probably too shallow to order it.

I've been sticking to Amstel Light for the most part, recently.
  11. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.31%

Living in the pacific northwest allows me a huge selection of fantastik micro-brews. There are brew pubs all over the place and not uncommon to see over thirty beers on tap.

That being said, for my "sucks" beer: anything by Budweiser.

BTW, Sinner .... I love me some good old skunk beer! Heineken is very enjoyable to me. Subjective
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.59%

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Living in the pacific northwest allows me a huge selection of fantastik micro-brews. There are brew pubs all over the place and not uncommon to see over thirty beers on tap.

BTW, Sinner .... I love me some good old skunk beer! Heineken is very enjoyable to me. Subjective
    Actually a few weeks ago I was in St. Louis and took a tour of the Budweiser plant. They gave free beer at the end of tour.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%

I don't mind Bud Select.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I don't mind Bud Select.
    Hey im with you on this one. That stuff is .

Once i moved back down to Hawaii i lost alot of selection. When i was living up in the mainland U.S. I started to get real hooked on Yuengling or however you spell it. Its a green bottle beer i thought was from China or something but it turns out its American, good stuff. We do get alot of different beers from other pacific islands, tahiti places like that but it seems like at least 80% of the people who live here chose Heineken as the staple. An Old English is always a good change when change is all i got lol.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    Hey im with you on this one. That stuff is .

Once i moved back down to Hawaii i lost alot of selection. When i was living up in the mainland U.S. I started to get real hooked on Yuengling or however you spell it. Its a green bottle beer i thought was from China or something but it turns out its American, good stuff. We do get alot of different beers from other pacific islands, tahiti places like that but it seems like at least 80% of the people who live here chose Heineken as the staple. An Old English is always a good change when change is all i got lol.
    Pottsville, PA...Yuengling Lager Light is one of my personal favs.
  16. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.44%

I tried to order Yuengling lager at a seminar in the mountains of Virginia, the bartender politely told me , "We ain't got none of the Jap beer here mister." I ended up drinking Coors light, with that refreshing taste of the Rockies - just like flavored water.

The only beer I drink nowadays seems to be Guinness. No need to add anything, open bottle with opener, and drink that icy goodness.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.59%

Quote Originally Posted by joecski View Post
    I tried to order Yuengling lager at a seminar in the mountains of Virginia, the bartender politely told me , "We ain't got none of the Jap beer here mister." I ended up drinking Coors light, with that refreshing taste of the Rockies - just like flavored water.

The only beer I drink nowadays seems to be Guinness. No need to add anything, open bottle with opener, and drink that icy goodness.
    Lol 'ain't got none', double negatives meaning they have plenty. Good ol' southern jargon for ya.
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.04%

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Corona

Here's a concept, let's make a Mexican version of Busch Natural and charge twice the price for it. When people say it sucks, we'll just tell them they need to shove a line down the bottle's throat.

Personally, if it takes me more than twisting off the cap to enjoy a beer, something has gone wrong. So then you do the 'lime trick' and magically your piss beer is sour piss beer. And you're telling me this tastes better? They say alcohol impairs your judgement.......hmmm
    Does anyone else think corona smells like a skunk? Especially when it's first opened. I heard it has something to do with the hops or something, but either way I think it's disgusting.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.03%

Guiness

Tastes like old sweaty gym socks (figuratively) and looks like someone crapped in it, then topped it off with some piss.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%

I love corona, especially with a lime and some salt. I've nver noticed a smell.

Guiness served at room temp is delicious.
  21. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%

Iron City. But you're not from "The Burg" so you prolly think it tastes like piss. IC light is terrible, but I like Iron City.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  22. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%

Busch

Is it any wonder you're name is synonymous for pubic hair?

(Actually, this is my preferred domestic beer)
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  23. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%

I remember hearing that due to importation standards, Heineken sent to the states ends up tasting like sh*t. My Dad drank it like a fish on vacation in the bahamas, but won't touch the stuff here in the states.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  24. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post

What are your thoughts on Foster's. How does it make you feel that what's being advertised as "Australian for beer" is brewed in Canada.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.27%

Bud light SUCKS although I do give them props for mass producing a light beer and having it always taste the same, thats hard to do with beer. Guiness is my fav, or any nitrogen beer for that matter. I have taken a liking to Spaten Optimator, not for the faint of heart though, it is full of flavors, honestly one of my favorite American beers is STAG! and anyone who has ever heard of it will call me crazy, but its got a lot of flavor! (most who knock it have never tried it) My goal when I go out it to try and find something that I have never tried before.
    I did the tour on my 21st and had an Amber Bock it was damn good
  26. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.74%

Iron City. But you're not from "The Burg" so you prolly think it tastes like piss. IC light is terrible, but I like Iron City.
    I'm usually at the strip dist, southside, or station square at least once a week and I still think iron city isn't that great.lol Yueingling is the only thing the strip serves that I like. Southside has "anyting u need do". Off topic but do you know of any good gyms in pgh? I used to train at ballies in monroeville long ago. I live in the sticks right now but I'm about to move back to pgh. Probably northside because its close to where I work.
  27. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.74%

I can't stand samuel adams or any ale. I taste like piss and is all bitter and sht. Reminds my of the time I licked a vag that wasn't clean. Ahh biiter vag face!
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%

sam adams summer lager is good stuff
  29. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.95%

Smile

Budweiser isn't that German for tastes like soap.

How about a nice Chimay beer ...Trappist monks don't play, yo

..or a Guiness can be nice

,,i like my beer with a little back story !
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Miller Ligh
    I think Miller Light had great marketing and cheap prices, hence their popularity over the past few years...still tastes awful though...If I'm going to drink cheap then I'll take my 12 pack of Natty Light bottles any night ($~6.50 here in FL).

For any of you that drink Guinness type beer (Stouts, I guess)--> Try an Oatmeal Stout by Young's or Sam Smith...mmm.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Corona

Here's a concept, let's make a Mexican version of Busch Natural and charge twice the price for it. When people say it sucks, we'll just tell them they need to shove a line down the bottle's throat...
    I have tried Bacardi Limon instead of a lime...that **** will creep up on you!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  32. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.16%

I like a couple of brew's from New Belgium...I particuarly like Trippel.
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.28%

haven't had a whole lot of beer, but Heineken is the only one i think is almost good(i hate beer).
  34. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.49%

heineken.

Lets make up for total lack of good taste and disgusting bitterness with lots and lots of ad campaigns, that'll sell 'em.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.73%

Miller High Life

sh!t in a bottle, or a can, that tastes like old burnt popcorn and smells just as bad, they try and make up for it tasting so bad by selling it for $5 a 12er
  36. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.95%

Why would anyone drink beer when whiskey is available? When I do drink beer, it's usually a 40 of OE or blue bull.
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.67%

ALL Beer Sucks.

Straight shot of liquor, aged rum is my preference, for effect and drink juices, Tomato and/or Grapefruit or Carrot is my preference, or plain ice water for refreshment.

Guess I have a little Captain in me, not, that's some bad rum.
  38. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone View Post
    ALL Beer Sucks.

Straight shot of liquor, aged rum is my preference, for effect and drink juices, Tomato and/or Grapefruit or Carrot is my preference, or plain ice water for refreshment.

Guess I have a little Captain in me, not, that's some bad rum.
    Captain sucks!

Jack Daniels or Moonshine or BUST!
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  39. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.31%

Tequila baby! 100% agave FTW
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.79%

Tequila baby! 100% agave FTW
    Yeah, but do yourself a favor and drink good stuff..don julio, patron, 1800, etc. I recently downed about 1/2 a bottle of it at a mexican restaurant/bar during the course of an evening and woke up the next morning feeling like a champ..

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Beer and Liquor Thread
    By mich29 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 03:09 AM
  2. The "Post your diet" thread
    By pudzian2 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 12:54 AM
  3. The Official " Im sick of M1t Threads" Thread
    By Jarconis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 44