overseas beer

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Strangely enough on my recent trip to shenzhen China I discovered of all things, a great beer called Kingway made right there in that city. I field tested this in depth since beer is one of the few chinese words I know and I was scared to drink the water .
I'm not a commie or anything but I must give credit where credit is due.
Not only are they going to takeover the manufacturing industry of the world they will also control the beer market someday. Be afraid, be very afraid.

It was a great dinner beer that wouldn't have you staggering and belching like an idiot after you nailed about six of these.
Very mellow. If there was way to buy this over here in america I would do so.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Haha, if you'd try some Russian or German beer you would never touch other beers they make here again.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Haha, if you'd try some Russian or German beer you would never touch other beers they make here again.
When I do drink beer its usually German. I really like the German wheat beer "Hacker-Pschorr: Hefe Weisse"

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
we have a few great belgium beer bars here in the philly area..i love them they go up to 13% some are smooth as hell

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
we have a few great belgium beer bars here in the philly area..i love them they go up to 13% some are smooth as hell
Yea those Euro beers can usually get away with high % and still have it taste smooth. All American (the continent) beers Ive tried anything past 7-8% taste bad.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Notice sometimes whenever beer is reviewed how nationalistic feeling obscure the clear truth.

Notice what this reveiwer says about Guiness and then read what he says about Budweiser.
Beer and My Opinions On It

He says Guiness is basically a meal replacement(mrp) and bud is a chemical.
Just for the record Guiness is part stale beer and part guggle funk. I pored some Guiness on a cactus plant one time and it died in 3 days.
And on another note Austrailan beer is really not that great or at least the couple I tried. Perfect example of advertising at work. The couple of austrailans I have known seem to think that country invented beer. It just shows that if you can relate beer to hot chicks that particular beer will eventually taste good. That pavlov dog thing at work.
Labatt Blue a beer from Canada is ok(outside of the fact it comes from Canada) .
I am very anxious to try some russian beer by the way but never have. Maybe russia can takeover Canada and we can get some decent beer flowing this way along with some hot chicks(kidding)

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I am very anxious to try some russian beer by the way but never have.
If you have russian restaurants near you or I've seen it in very large liquor stores, you can ask 'em about "Baltika" It's my favorite, they make 'em by numbers, higher number stornger it gets, my fav. are 3-5.
It costs 3-4 bucks per bottle, but so as Bud Light in downtown Minneapolis.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I like a lot of asian brews...whenever i go to the Japanese Steakhouse up the road I get a Kirin Ichiban.