Book Recommendation

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys
I would like to share with you a book that has benefited me in great ways. I don't know if any of you have read any "self-help" books. I haven't because I didn't think I needed any help but I found this book. It talks about having a positive attitude and how that alone can change your life. It truly does. You don't realize how negatively you think until you read this book and make changes. Pretty amazing book for it being 16 years old.

(Can you tell I watch plenty of infomercials?)

Anyway, the book is "What to Say When You Talk to Your Self" by Shad Helmstetter.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671708821/qid=1140125004/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-3864340-4079358?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Another note...my father started reading my copy and ended up buying his own for reference. So go check it out at the library or something. This could help you in the gym and also in life.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
I shall look into it...

My recomendation...everyone needs to read...sepecially athletes...

The way of the peacefull warrior, Dan Millman.

I have read it 10 times.

bosco

bosco

Awards
  • Established
def. will pick up a copy and read it. i like to read motivating books- helps me keep my head up.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I first read this book about 10 or 12 years ago, and have re-read it several times. GREAT BOOK. In December, I sent a copy of this book to one of our SVPs as a sort of thank you gift - along with the most recent Helstetter book. Helmstetter's other books are also worthwhile - but not as good (IMO) as What to Say When You Talk to Yourself.

For those who may pick us this book, resist your initial thoughts (like "this is BS") and buy into it. In the long run, I think you'll be glad you did.

BTW - Tom Venuto's "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" uses this concept a great deal in his chapter on affirmations/goal setting.

You might aslo want to look at Wayne Dyer's "Your Erroneous Zones" (one of his first books). There are several other books I would recommend, but some might sound a bit too "sensitive"; so I'll forgo having my manhood trashed.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I first read this book about 10 or 12 years ago, and have re-read it several times. GREAT BOOK. In December, I sent a copy of this book to one of our SVPs as a sort of thank you gift - along with the most recent Helstetter book. Helmstetter's other books are also worthwhile - but not as good (IMO) as What to Say When You Talk to Yourself.

For those who may pick us this book, resist your initial thoughts (like "this is BS") and buy into it. In the long run, I think you'll be glad you did.

BTW - Tom Venuto's "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" uses this concept a great deal in his chapter on affirmations/goal setting.

You might aslo want to look at Wayne Dyer's "Your Erroneous Zones" (one of his first books). There are several other books I would recommend, but some might sound a bit too "sensitive"; so I'll forgo having my manhood trashed.

The original cover for "Your Erroneous Zones" is creepy as hell.

Also, with Shad Helmstetter's book I found it life changing. To recognize how much negative thinking really goes on in your head is disturbing.

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
I was at the bookstore yesterday and forgot the name of it! Damn it.