MTV's "True Life: I'm on steroids"

Brennon

Awards
I was sittin' down watching TV with this girl I recently started dating, and she's watching MTV. A clip comes on of next week's episode of 'True Life' (Thursday at 10pm I believe) titled "I'm on Steroids".

She immediately responded with "Oh my God, that's so gross." Right there I told her it was over (well, not really, i'll ride it out and get some play out of it. :) )

Anyways, it showed a mother walking through a cemetary to her son's grave and a guy saying "It's addicting. You just gain muscle so fast that you can't stop."

Looks like another objective look at anabolics, gents.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man thats a fat pile of BS this will be great with MTV spreading the propoganda

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
The worst part about it, We all know that MTV is actually trying to say how bad it is, and rise the awareness of what it can do. On the other hand, a group of College fags will probally watch and decide to start taking without doing any research. "If he gained 25bs that fast, so can we!" You know there are going to be pics from before he started and after. It will get more people interested. Not smart for a show topic?!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
it's very smart for a show topic. they don't give a **** about what's true or not. they care about ratings, nothing more.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
let me rephrase this then lol!
It s not very smart in the responsible fashion but I guess i understand what you are saying as well. Very smart in a ratings sense!! I understand what you meant, but opposite of what I was implying.
:nutkick:

stillybig

Awards
It's MTV guys.. a lot of times the people on True Life chum it up for the camera anyway. I remember when the True Life: I'm a Hacker or something of the sort came on way back in the day and the main guy they followed ending up being someone I talked to on IRC, and he fabricated a huge portion of the show just to **** with them and "give them what they wanted". He ran around with a "secret floppy disk" then had to request to go off camera to hand it off. Take it all with a grain of salt..

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do yall remember the True Life episode I want the Perfect Body and it had that bodybuilder who wanted to become pro? I think his name was Anthony. They didn't mention steroids or anything about him so I figured MTV wasn't going to but I guess I was WRONG

TKE-PBOY

Banned
Awards
Do yall remember the True Life episode I want the Perfect Body and it had that bodybuilder who wanted to become pro? I think his name was Anthony. They didn't mention steroids or anything about him so I figured MTV wasn't going to but I guess I was WRONG
Yeah i remember that. He said he was all natural.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I remember the one about the fat kit; weighed like 460lbs or so; kept eating like a lard-ass normally does; always quipping about his 'gastric bypass surgery' and how he would change everything once that happened; but that he was going to keep eating the way he normally does until then.

He was trying to go through the insurance company; and the tests results came back that his thyroid was in perfect health. And through the whole show he kept banking everything on the surgery; and they never approved him. I havent laughed that hysterically in a while.

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
I can't wait to see the ass clowns MTV finds for this show. It will be both sad and entertaining.

w00kie

Awards
Would like to try to watch this, but won't be home. Anyone have a way to record it on their pc?

BHERTZ

Awards
I posted this same thing in the NEWS section of this forum. Some of the results have been hilarious so far.

However, they do show the guys actually injecting, so I mean I don't think there is going to be a ton of BS.

Everyone should know how it will go - they will have 3 different dudes all in different stages of roid use, and they will end with the guy who is 6' under and blame it on roids. Note his gravestone was 1978-2002.

No matter how 'real' MTV tries to keep it, it will make juicers look like selfish mongers who do nothing but tear communities apart and ruin their own lives. :yawn:

robfromny

Awards
still.. that fuckin show will get every asshole in the country doin research and prettty soon even the nice (roid enhanced) bodys will be fuckin average... like holly wood, everyone is perfect... damn that fuckin show... testosterone is MY jelously gaurded secrert!!!!