"hardcore" by ronnie coleman

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
In my experience these books are less than useful most of the time. It's important to remember that these guys are not just juiced to the max, but are genetic freaks to begin with when it comes to recovery. Basically that means their workouts are sort of useless for normal people. It might have some interest as a read for you just to see what he's doing, insight into his life and the BBing world, but I doubt there's anything in there you could actually learn that you can't learn on the net for free.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
In my experience these books are less than useful most of the time. It's important to remember that these guys are not just juiced to the max, but are genetic freaks to begin with when it comes to recovery. Basically that means their workouts are sort of useless for normal people. It might have some interest as a read for you just to see what he's doing, insight into his life and the BBing world, but I doubt there's anything in there you could actually learn that you can't learn on the net for free.
I know what you mean, example...

Theres his bicep workout. If I follow that, I will probably do 9 total sets, and cut one out of each lift, instead of doing 13.

Also, coleman takes something like 1 day off every 2 weeks. I take a week off after every 4 weeks of training.

And not to float my own boat, but I dont think my genetics are THAT far behind colemans (only about a half light year instead of a full one :rofl: ) I mean I have parents of kids on the football team saying im a bad influence because my size is making kids want to do roids. Kinda like how hot chicks on magazines make "larger" women go anorexic.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Would like to see pics too spatch, just curious.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
The **** the put in Flex magazine is not what they really do...

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
The **** the put in Flex magazine is not what they really do...
Yeah, tell me about it. In a recent M&F, he had the following workout (or close to)

DB flat bench
Incline bench
Flat flys
Lower pully cable flys

However, in his video, he does the following

Flat bench
Incline bench
Decline bench

I think he would be honest in the stuff he publishes.

As for pics- I have some on my computer at home (I'm on colorado till new years)
Stats- 17 yo, 6'3", scale in fitness area of hotel says 270, but im pretty sure its older then I am. (I'm around 255-260)

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Update-

I bought the book. It seems pretty good. The only thing is, his workous are good, his split is a little overboard for the average person. I say if you get this book, do each workout once a week instead of twice.