Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Steve
    Not for me it isnt
    That's fine...

2. Registered User

you can all keep saying.....no i have to stand up for myself, and instill that philosophy in everyone on here.

You keep saying the world will never change.......all of your comments sure as hell are not helping it too.
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    I've given that plenty of thought throughout my entire life.

You act as if that's some sort of revolutionary concept. Unfortunately, this world was not made for idealism. So, no matter how hard you try, its not guaranteed that you can always keep things peaceful.
    Notice I said "believe" in there. I went into great depth on this in the bible study thread.....you should check it out.
    •   

4. Registered User

As you seek to honestly love and help everyone you come in contact with then God will bless you with a peaceful life. And should a conflict start to arise if you strive to show perfect love then he will give you the words to defuse the situation.
  5. Gold Member

The kid needs to grow up...there are usually a few characteristics that make a person a "target" for being picked on. Being nice is never one of them.

I beg to differ on that one.
  6. Gold Member

You act as if that's some sort of revolutionary concept. Unfortunately, this world was not made for idealism. So, no matter how hard you try, its not guaranteed that you can always keep things peaceful.
    If you do follow this and dont find peace in this life, you will find pleanty in the next.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shal be shown there own mercy.
  7. I luv my tee, thanks NP

I'm sorry, but I think most problems lie within the person. If you're different, expect to get hassled from time to time, that's the price you pay, just understand it and don't let it put you in a mental institution.
    Unfortunately, we're simply highly-evolved animals and we do have to deal with the same issues a pack of wolves would, dominance, etc, etc. The aggressor isn't normally going to stop doing what he's doing, and wherever you go, you're going to end up, there will be aggressors like that.
    I just don't pretend that things happen for no apparent reason all the time. In almost every case, things happen for a reason. People become successful for a reason, people become losers for a reason, etc, so on and so forth. Its life, and its REALITY.

And sometimes you've got to do things you're not to proud of...its life.
    Kwyck, I believe you speak the truth my man. Some people like to wrap themselves in a security blanket of a belief system that makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Most of them will never have their belief truly tested. They think everyday trials and tribulations are tests, but I don't think so. Before I met my wife, she was in a situation where she had to do some things she wasn't too proud of, but she survived. She is still a Christian and I respect her for her belief.

When I was a Freshman I was 6'3" 175lbs and a class clown. I had 3 Juniors that thumped me at least a couple times a week. A lot of times it was everyday. But, quite frankly I enjoyed the attention. I laughed it off.

I believe it all comes down to that tired, wore out debate over nature vs nurture. If you have someone that has a genetic disposition (possibly a neurotransmitter imbalance) coupled with parents that didn't do a very good job, I think you have a high probability for a kid with bad behavior. We can all imagine the other possible outcomes and their debatable probabilities.

I strongly believe that you do not have to believe in a God or Gods to be a good person. My wife tells me I'm a better Christian that a lot of her so called Christian friends and I'm not a believer. You just have to realize that it is the best thing for society (a fancy word for "the pack"). Fact is, I'd rather go to a Hell after death knowing that I was true to my philosophy here on Earth that be a 2 faced hypocrite who goes around spouting "I'm right and everybody else is wrong".
  8. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

You miss the whole point of Christianity. There are no "good people" Christian or not. We are all sinners and have all fallen short of the glory of God. This is why Christ died, to be our scapegoat, to atone for our sins, to pay the price we owe for our disobedience.

It is human nature to think we are right, everyone feels that at one time or another and we are all hypocrytes. I am not the one that said it is my way or the highway, Jesus did. According to Him there are not many paths to God but through Him only can we be reconciled.

Not to be an ass but it makes me wonder about your wifes decision to marry an unbeliever. Or yours to marry her.How can you have a partnership with two world views that are diametrically opposed? Just askin, def no offense meant, curious an to the justification because God explicitly warns against this type of union. That is what screwed Solomon up and he was the second wisest man to every walk the earth.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  9. -Dalla Hunga-
    Somewhere between a 4x12 stack and a power rack...

What I dont understand about Christianity is that its followers believe that anyone who does not walk that path is destined to burn in hell for all eternity, regardless of how they treated others in their earthly existence.

What happens to all the buddhists, native americans, Islamic people, etc? Do you really believe that they are going to burn in the fires of hell?

What about people who have never even heard of Jesus, or Christianity? Are they doomed as well?

Christianity has only been a major world religion for the past 2000 years or so. Homo Sapiens have been on the planet for about 100,000 years - does this mean that 98,000 years worth of humans are roasting in eternal peril because they weren't Christians?

Im not trying to offend anyone here - but this belief system makes absolutely no sense to me. Its a relatively new religion in terms of the span of human existance, and yet all of a sudden its the only one that's correct? Please explain.

Not to be an ass but it makes me wonder about your wifes decision to marry an unbeliever. Or yours to marry her.How can you have a partnership with two world views that are diametrically opposed? Just askin, def no offense meant, curious an to the justification because God explicitly warns against this type of union. That is what screwed Solomon up and he was the second wisest man to every walk the earth.
    I think the fact the Rhunt's union with his wife who has a different faith than him is a testament to how human beings should be. Religion is a personal thing, and if we all loved and respected eachother's individual beliefs the world would be a much better place.

God explicitly warns against this type of union
    Please show me where God warns against this type of union. Is it really the word of God himself, or was it transcribed onto a 2000 year old piece of paper by a human being who believed he heard the voice of god? Either way, how can you be sure? It sounds like the words of an ancient leader who wanted to keep his people homogenous, not the words of a God that created everything, and loves his creation.

Again, no intention to offend any of my Christian AM bros...
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    What I dont understand about Christianity is that its followers believe that anyone who does not walk that path is destined to burn in hell for all eternity, regardless of how they treated others in their earthly existence.

What happens to all the buddhists, native americans, Islamic people, etc? Do you really believe that they are going to burn in the fires of hell?

What about people who have never even heard of Jesus, or Christianity? Are they doomed as well?

Christianity has only been a major world religion for the past 2000 years or so. Homo Sapiens have been on the planet for about 100,000 years - does this mean that 98,000 years worth of humans are roasting in eternal peril because they weren't Christians?

Im not trying to offend anyone here - but this belief system makes absolutely no sense to me. Its a relatively new religion in terms of the span of human existance, and yet all of a sudden its the only one that's correct? Please explain.

I think the fact the Rhunt's union with his wife who has a different faith than him is a testament to how human beings should be. Religion is a personal thing, and if we all loved and respected eachother's individual beliefs the world would be a much better place.

Please show me where God warns against this type of union. Is it really the word of God himself, or was it transcribed onto a 2000 year old piece of paper by a human being who believed he heard the voice of god? Either way, how can you be sure? It sounds like the words of an ancient leader who wanted to keep his people homogenous, not the words of a God that created everything, and loves his creation.

Again, no intention to offend any of my Christian AM bros...
    Well in my Christian(some would say im not Christian because I am mormon ) belief (my solid belief but you dont have to believe it), Adam was the first man. He was in constant communication with God (his God(i will explain latter if you wish))in the Garden of Eden. I believe (I feel I know) that God was Adam (but he "was" before(existed for eternity before that)). So right of the bat you have God starting off his world. Then later Christ came and gave the second dispensation of the Gospel.....and ill stop there.

Joseph Smith said that in a vision he saw his brother in God's presence. Why I say this is because his brother died before he had the chance to be baptised etc... I believe (and my religion believes) that when you die you go to spirit prison or spirit paradise. And everyone will have a chance to accept Jesus' Attonement of not. Yet every knee will bow and every toung will say that Jesus is The Christ. ......and then we will be judged once everyone has had a chance to accept or reject Christ's Atonement
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    If you do follow this and dont find peace in this life, you will find pleanty in the next.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shal be shown there own mercy.
    Very true.....but you can avoid all conflict and all discomfort in this life if you change your thoughts. (look at my posts in the Bible study thread.

Job said something like "and now my worst fear has come upon me". The Bible always goes to extremes (yet not exageratted) to show us something. Job was fearing those things and focussing on them so they became his reality. GOD WILL GRANT YOU WHATEVER YOU WILL BELIEVE YOU HAVE. (and look in the Bible study thread)
  12. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    This all begs the question, does the kid who threatened society need change, or does society itslef need change?
    society will never change. You learn to live in it or die, plain and simple. Two words: fight back. I know your a Christian Spatch, that's your chosen road and I can respect that. Me personally, the only time I turn the other cheek to someone who has harmed me is if I'm grabbing for a weapon and can't find it by feel.
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    society will never change. You learn to live in it or die, plain and simple. Two words: fight back. I know your a Christian Spatch, that's your chosen road and I can respect that. Me personally, the only time I turn the other cheek to someone who has harmed me is if I'm grabbing for a weapon and can't find it by feel.
    Then I for one choose death. (im serious)

and its not the fight or die situation you are saying. Do you have any idea how many people will live and die having never gotten into a real fight?

It does not matter whether or not someone hit you first. You are still harming a son or daughter of God. Its not up to us to judge or punish. I think they had it right in the past when murderers or menace's to society where exiled. That way you dont harm them you just are getting society out of harms way.

I will try my best to live my life as though God is writing down my every THOUGH AND ACTION. ---because he is.
  14. Registered User

Exile is the way this board functions. If someone is disturbing the peace they are kicked out. Problem solved.

Why should someone be allowed to live in a country if they cannot respect its rules?
  15. -Dalla Hunga-

Well in my Christian(some would say im not Christian because I am mormon ) belief (my solid belief but you dont have to believe it), Adam was the first man. He was in constant communication with God (his God(i will explain latter if you wish))in the Garden of Eden. I believe (I feel I know) that God was Adam (but he "was" before(existed for eternity before that)). So right of the bat you have God starting off his world. Then later Christ came and gave the second dispensation of the Gospel.....and ill stop there.

Joseph Smith said that in a vision he saw his brother in God's presence. Why I say this is because his brother died before he had the chance to be baptised etc... I believe (and my religion believes) that when you die you go to spirit prison or spirit paradise. And everyone will have a chance to accept Jesus' Attonement of not. Yet every knee will bow and every toung will say that Jesus is The Christ. ......and then we will be judged once everyone has had a chance to accept or reject Christ's Atonement
    It all sounds like mythology to me bro. I suppose that the multiverse is so vast that anything is possible - but in my mind I view the validity of these beliefs is akin to Zeus hurling lightning bolts from the sky.

BV
  16. Registered User

It all sounds like mythology to me bro. I suppose that the multiverse is so vast that anything is possible - but in my mind I view the validity of these beliefs is akin to Zeus hurling lightning bolts from the sky.

BV
    You can believe what you want....thats fine.
    (but our God is perfect. the mythical gods has flaws that allowed them to fail.....oh ya and they were imagined. My God was not imagined but actually created us.)
  17. -Dalla Hunga-

Exile is the way this board functions. If someone is disturbing the peace they are kicked out. Problem solved.

Why should someone be allowed to live in a country if they cannot respect its rules?
    So where are you going to put all the Exiles?

.....oh ya and they were imagined. My God was not imagined but actually created us.)
    And, other than faith, what evidence do you have to prove that your God isn't imagined as well?

That's kind of rhetorical question WS so dont feel compelled to answer it...you have your beliefs and I have mine, and both are correct depending on who you're talking to
  18. Registered User

So where are you going to put all the Exiles?
    They sent them to australia (seriously)......and i havent writen up a constitution vrunga....im just saying it was a system that i feel worked.
  19. Registered User

I have to go to work....talk to ya later
  20. -Dalla Hunga-

They sent them to australia (seriously)
    I do remember reading that Australia was a place for exile for European prisoners, the Earth is a lot more crowded now though...

)......and i havent writen up a constitution vrunga....im just saying it was a system that i feel worked.
    Hey man that's cool, whatever works! The idea to love your brother and treat everyone with respect is definitely a good one.

BV
  21. Registered User

Reguardless of your beliefs,
    you can go I for an eye and be remembered as a violent person who always sought revenge.
    Or you can always turn the other cheek and be know to those who knew you as "the wisest man they ever met."
  22. -Dalla Hunga-

you can go I for an eye and be remembered as a violent person who always sought revenge.
    Or you can always turn the other cheek and be know to those who knew you as "the wisest man they ever met."
    Or continually get picked on because you wont stand up for yourself...
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Wow...You assume too much.

Put it this way, Jesus would be treated similarly now as he was 2000yrs ago. Only difference, he'd probably end up in a mental institution and people would write him off as a whacko, and he'd skip the execution. He may end up dead, however, because he turned the other cheek, and the people would still think he was a whacko and an idiot. edit: I'm not trying to crack on Jesus here, I'm trying to tell you society won't conform to such idealism...they're just not capable, unfortunately.

Society is not much different now than it was then.

That being said, if you act like Jesus and just take a beating and turn the other cheek, people may understand you're a nice guy, but an idiot.They most likely wouldn't believe that you're the "wisest man they've ever known." Its not too wise if you end up dead, for example. And, standing up for yourself also won't necessarily make you a despised person, who was violent and sought revenge either. You're waaaaaaaay out there. All you can see is the two extremes. How often do you hear of the guy on TV who beats up the criminal (instead of turning the other cheek) by characterized as a "violent person"? They characterize them as heros! But, I guess, according to you, because they reacted and didn't sit there and get robbed and/or killed, they're violent people. They could have done the "wise thing" and been killed/robbed/both and "hoped" there is really a God.
  24. Registered User

Wow...You assume too much.

Put it this way, Jesus would be treated similarly now as he was 2000yrs ago. Only difference, he'd probably end up in a mental institution and people would write him off as a whacko, and he'd skip the execution. He may end up dead, however, because he turned the other cheek, and the people would still think he was a whacko and an idiot. edit: I'm not trying to crack on Jesus here, I'm trying to tell you society won't conform to such idealism...they're just not capable, unfortunately.

Society is not much different now than it was then.
    Ya, and then the earth trembled upon his death and everyone said "surely this man spoke the truth."

Dont call my/your savior a wacko.

I would also like to point out that we base time itself upon him. (BC, AD) But now sick bastard darwinist historians think they need to replace it with BCE and ACE (before/after the common era ) these are the same kind of people that tear down public nativity scenes.
  25. Registered User

Also Christ said, no man takes my life, i give it freely.

He was not prey to anyone. in the garden of gethsemany when i think peter draws his sword to prevent Jesus from being taken Christ says something like "do ye not know that i could call legions of angels to protect me." and he picks up the mans ear that peter cut off and heals in back onto the mans head. And then willingly walkes off with the men he knew would beat and kill him. And during the whole time he was praying to The Father begging for these mens forgiveness for "they know not what they do."
  26. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr
    The Mormon Jesus
    Same man. You can have your beliefs about him and I can have mine.
  27. -Dalla Hunga-

Ya, and then the earth trembled upon his death and everyone said "surely this man spoke the truth."
    You're quoting words out of 2000+ year old texts and claiming
    them as facts. Ever play telephone when you were a kid? The books the apostles wrote were written many years after the death of Jesus - I wonder how much 'creative liberty' they took when recording the events they witnessed.

Dont call my/your savior a wacko.
    He isnt calling your savior a wacko, he's saying that if someone were walking around behaving as Jesus did then, he would be considered a wacko. And, unless he had the evidence to back himself up, he most definitely would be.

I would also like to point out that we base time itself upon him. (BC, AD) But now sick bastard darwinist historians think they need to replace it with BCE and ACE (before/after the common era ) these are the same kind of people that tear down public nativity scenes.
    Even though Im not a Christian, I think people being all PC about Christian traditions adopted by our society are absurd. However,I dont think Darwin evolutionists are sick bastards ...evolution is a proven fact of science. Whether you believe in God or not, it is how life on this earth developed.
  28. Registered User

Even though Im not a Christian, I think people being all PC about Christian traditions adopted by our society are absurd. However,I dont think Darwin evolutionists are sick bastards ...evolution is a proven fact of science. Whether you believe in God or not, it is how life on this earth developed.
    Its "The Theory of Evolution". A theory is something that has not been proven.
  29. Gold Member
    Fairbanks, Alaska (The golden heart city)

Its "The Theory of Evolution". A theory is something that has not been proven.
    Gravity is also a theory... Call me crazy but i'd say it exists. Evolution is a theory and a fact.
  30. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fbxdan
    Gravity is also a theory... Call me crazy but i'd say it exists. Evolution is a theory and a fact.
    wrong
    it has not been proven and it never will.

Gravity is a law. not a theory
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 200 Year Old Sub Attacks Queen Mary In Nyc
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 04:04 PM
  2. Bill Orielly schooled by 16 year old student!
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 07:27 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 06:36 AM
  4. 16 year old w/ questions
    By unchained_beast in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 07:24 PM
  5. 16 Years Old - Trying to bulk! :)
    By Nameless@1 in forum Pics
    Replies: 41