Suggestions for site improvements...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please post any suggestions you have for site improvement as I am now focusing on adding some features that I have thoguh about for a while. As you can see I added new forums as requested by numerous members (if you want more, let me know). I plan on adding maybe 2-3 more sponsors for some items that current ones do not carry. I am also pondering the idea of capping the membership so this site doens't get too large (its a hog already and a bitch to keep up with). Please make your suggestions and I will take them into account and see what I can do....

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I would like to see a locked forum for only trusted members to discuss, more in detail, certain aspects of "supplementation", without the worry of it being easily accessed by who knows. I'm NOT talking about where to get stuff, trading or anything like that, just a place that I or whoever can bounce ideas off one another.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Second suggestions we discussed a while back and its not an option simply because the line is too thin and someone will ALWAYS talk a bit too much...I don't want this board to be thought of in that light and having a private forum in which "certain" things are discussed will only feed that assumption.

I understand what you want but it seems the more you close the doors, the more interest you draw.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just some ideas I'll throw out

-I would think Contest Prep would go in the Nutrition section.
-Maybe the PLing section should be PLing/Strongman. (Lifting tires is a new hobby of mine) :lol:
-The Homebrew Section is pretty inactive...just my observation
- Somebody recently had a good idea as far as new moron BB.com kids...When new members sign up, make them have to wait 2 weeks before posting. It could be almost like a "read and learn" period.
-If there are too many members, delete the accounts of those that haven't logged on in years.

I don't know if this will ever be possible, but it'd be cool if members could "customize their AM." For example, I don't use AAS, so that is a section I don't frequent. I'd be kinda cool if there was a way that one could access their own personal AM.

All in all I don't think any of us can complain. It fuckin rocks the way it is now.

"Bobo in da house"
:djparty:
^members^

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Homebrew still gets some dedicated members. Plus since it was the basis for this site in the beginning, it would feel VERY wrong to get rid of that. Chemo would find me :)

Customizable options I will look into. Read and learn period would be tough to do simply because its tough to keep track of everybody. It would have to be a little hack put into the code (not like I don't have a bunch already)

The other two suggestions have been implemented.

This is what I love. People make suggestions that I overlook and it gets fixed and improves the site.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'd like a mandatory spell check. (I know other boards have a spelling option next to the post reply button.)

Not because I'm a great speller (after all, I am a chem. engineer) but there are some just atrocious words people post.

I'd also like the ability to smote idiots with some sort of AM "smote gun". Sorta like a citizens arrest.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is directed at me.

Blasphemy!

:banned:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You only spell poorly when you get into "debates".
(I'm being generous when it comes to exchanges w/ BB.com folks...)

You did get my name right - most people want to add a T or some ****.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
There was talk last week or so regarding having more woman in the forum. So, how does a "woman only" section sound?

All this improving is making me want to donate again.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, I have bad spelling all the time simply because I type too damn much and refuse to care anymore :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bombed on security so I might just say F it and throw it up....trying to figure out how to handle some of the issues first.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
Bombed on security so I might just say F it and throw it up....trying to figure out how to handle some of the issues first.
I don't know exactly what security issus that you're talking about, but couldn't you just make it available to board sponsors.

Unless, of course, you're refering to it being hacked.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
This is directed at me.

Blasphemy!

:banned:
The correct way to spell that is Blasfemmy.

Take it from someone who in 6th grade was still in a 4th grade spelling book. :dance:

CROWLER

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
the chat would be dope .. i also agree with your position on the secured forum .. cool idea, but may bring unwanted attention

and again thanks for the contest prep section and i love the idea of the new PL/strongman forum

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about a forum for training logs? I'd like to keep one, but I guess it would be annoying to keep bumping my own thread in the training section.

Dunno if many members here keep a log, but I'd definately be interested in reading them if they would..

And yeah, chat would be cool :hammer:

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
No, I have bad spelling all the time simply because I type too damn much and refuse to care anymore :D

It just gets worse when you are pissed......not that anyone's noticed though :D

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Might have to cap membership. Open up Anabolicminds.com II if necessarry, for others who want to join in. I hate to say cap it, but it is clearly getting diluted as it blows up.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
if its going to be capped, maybe not a hard cap .. like if some one wants to join they have to be sponsored by 1 or 2 "trusted" members .. have some sort of references .. this way we can still get some fresh faces with new ideas but keep out garbage

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm not a sponsor here but I'll post think I was.

It I was a sponsor here I most definitely would not like the idea of a hardcap for the board.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
get rid of the polls, come on, you know you all hate them.:lol:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
come on now! The Polish make great contributions to the board :icon_lol:

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
I swear I'm not trying to commit any hate crimes:run:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watch it...houseman might make you an offer you can't understand:trout:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Houseman,

The sponsor issue has already been looked at.

BTW- I am upgrading servers again and getting a personal private rack to handle the various crap I have.

So those in the IT services knows how much that costs. **** will fly!

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Houseman,

The sponsor issue has already been looked at.

BTW- I am upgrading servers again and getting a personal private rack to handle the various crap I have.

So those in the IT services knows how much that costs. **** will fly!
That's cool.

Just thought I'd mention it as I hadn't seen it. I know most people don't look at things from a sponsor/business perspective and wanted to show them the other side of the coin :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am FULLY aware of that side ;)

Bobo got bills to pay too! :lol:

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
Watch it...houseman might make you an offer you can't understand:trout:

glad I wasn't in the chem lab when I read that, i might have gotten a few stares from laughing so loudly...

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
how about a sticky in the new forums of workouts of some of the regulars (some Pl guys , some competitors like glen etc.) and maybe a PCT sticky to maybe cut down on the "Help with SD pct" or "nolva dosage question" threads. I know there are a few pretty good PCT threads but obviously people aren't taking the time to read the whole thing and are starting a lot of threads asking the same questions. BTW, love the new forums.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I suggested this to Matthew D, but I'll say it again (ignore if this is already the case):
To prevent those under 21 from posting in the age-restricted sections, have a page come up the first time they enter the section after they join that outlines all the rules of AM and have a check box at the bottom they have to select that states that they have completely read and understand the rules.
Moreover, should someone be banned, have an email automatically sent to the address they used when signing up, telling them what happened and why.
Again, if any of this already the case, ignore this post.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I second the chat - I'd really like to have that.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see a feedback section where people can talk about anything they've used.

fkngchucknorris

Awards
Like the chat idea as well!
For the chat room, there should be a weekly chat session where at the end of it you ask a question, and the first person to PM you the answer wins a prize of bobo's choice. THey do this on another board I'm on and it is quite fun.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here is an idea, whenever we have a really great thread with lots of great info, it's get placed in a forum called Best of the Best or Hall of fame or something.

This forum would be read only and nobody could post to it,just read it. Supersoldier's trimax log come to mind.I'm talking about thread's with golden nugget's of info.
I'm not sure who would make these decisions what goes in there(maybe the mods). Or maybe each major forum or just the major topic's has 1 Best of the Best sub forum.
This way maybe when you do a search a person could just search these threads and avoid 'Hey look at my cycle' threads.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
where do I atually talk about nutrition now? I mean like a specific question about a food that could apply to either bulking or cutting?

Also, I do like the idea of having a sticky section that's updated regularly.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
I plan on adding maybe 2-3 more sponsors for some items that current ones do not carry. I am also pondering the idea of capping the membership so this site doens't get too large (its a hog already and a bitch to keep up with).
Cap it...Great idea Bobo....

Sponsors are cool, trust me, I'm always up for seeing more added to the AM family,but too much is too much IMO

O14

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PH forum is gone. All threads have been moved into the Anabolics section.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good move, seeing as though they're on pretty much the same grounds.. :)