what is the strangest thing you have ever cried about?

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
just wondering, for those emotional types.

in 8th grade i cried in the middle of a geometry test. lol.

more recently i cried to an HBO documentry about an american doctor that voluntered in the chernobyl area performing surgeries on deformed children. (it was the first ever time i had taken clomid, and had recently broken up with a girl.):sad:

<<tear>>

i opened up, its your turn.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
When someone wouldnt leggo my Eggo waffle.

Errr wait, are we being serious? I have, um, ... orders to fill.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
****, I've been on such an emotional rollercoaster that I've been crying everyday for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I'm basically all fucked up right now :sad: , and need to get my **** straight. ;)

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
You can't participate Cuffs :D

damn documentaries!!! I just saw one the other day that caught me off guard. A guy went on this canoe trip in the Tundra and his Wife had just beaten breast cancer prior to his leaving. When he returned, it came back and she died within two months.......uuuhhh....I didn't cry though....it was the salt from the popcorn that got in my eye....really.

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
being a firefighter....... 9/11 got the best of me.. Also, being a Marine, watching these young kids going to Iraq & come back home as men. Those are tears of joy though.. :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not weird, but off gaurd response to an observation.

I am sitting at a booth at the Old Country Buffet. I am with my 3 yrs old daughter and my wife. The two of them can make me nuts after a while. They both go on and on and on....My daughter is in a phase...public scenes of uncountrolable whining. My wife...well never mind. I'm thinking to myself that line I used in another thread: "is THIS my life...not how I imagined it would turn out. Would the two of you just be quite (shut up) and just leave me alone." I have the usual stressed out and irritated disposition that I often get under these conditions and circumstances

In walks a man, a woman and their daughter. Their daughter, appears late teen early twenties, is dressed in a pretty Sunday dress. The Dad and Mom are all smiles and they are a happy family. Thing is; the girl has some sort of physically handicapping and diasbeling condition. She walks with a hoble and is hunched over. It sounded as if it also effected her communication skills. I'm at a loss for the condition. But it was very drastic and dramatic and quite disabeling. It appeared a birth type of defect.

The father has to physically help his daughter through the restaraunt to the table and to her seat. He has to get all her things in order for her. He has to cut up her food for her, etc etc. All the while he is sitting straight across from me two booth down within eye and ear shot.

The man catches my eye. He casually goes about his business smiling and enjoying himself. By this time I am beside myself with shame and guilt....ealizing how blessed I am with three healthy children. One of which I just moments ago was resenting for her acting out and aggrevating me. I am overcome with emotion and begin to swell up just to the point that the viscocity of the tears is on my lids is all that hold them contained from pouring down my face. The man looks up again and glances at me...not sure if he can see the tears swelling in my eyes. I smile at him...he smiles back.

In comes my daughter from the buffet line, running and jumping and disregarding her mother trying to guide her through the booths and tables. These very same things, just moments ago we such a burden and a resentment. She jumps up on the table, knocks over some food and drink. Slams into me and climbs over me into the seat beside me in the booth.

The bustle of her climbing over me knocked the tears loose from my lids and they fall down my face. Pouring well down passed my chin and up under to my neck.

She glances up at me to gauge my state of irritation at her new 'burdensome' behavior to see me wiping tears from my face and neck.

Brianna: Daddy...what's wrong?
Daddy: Nothing is wrong angel.
Brianna: Why are you sad?
Daddy: I'm not sad honey.
Brianna: Oh...those are happy tears? What for?
Daddy: Your the best!!!
Brianna: Thank you Daddy. Your the best too?

I hug her and turn my glance upward from looking down at her. I make dead on eye to eye contact with the man sitting across from me...he's still smiling as big as ever. I smile back at him ever moreso sincere.

"Strongman, yeah he knows how to cry"

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Damn it B...I'm crying just reading your post.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
it's a great story, b5150. Too many times people don't appreciate all the good they have in a life. I'm guilty of it too...

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
B5150, have you ever heard of the book "Dads and Daughters" by Joe Kelly? Excellent book, and I think you'd appreciate it just the right way.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
My son who was 4 at the time came to me and asked "Dad are you going to get drunk and miss X-Mas"
I shrugged it off... as I was proud to have spent so much money on toys all the time and glady told everyone at the bar this...

My first sober X-Mas the same boy now 6 came to me before bed and hugged me and said "Dad thanks for X-Mas" of course I cried...
What was strange that several hours later I began crying when realizing it was the first time I had cried since getting sober 4 months earlier...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My son who was 4 at the time came to me and asked "Dad are you going to get drunk and miss X-Mas"
I shrugged it off... as I was proud to have spent so much money on toys all the time and glady told everyone at the bar this...

My first sober X-Mas the same boy now 6 came to me before bed and hugged me and said "Dad thanks for X-Mas" of course I cried...
What was strange that several hours later I began crying when realizing it was the first time I had cried since getting sober 4 months earlier...
:sad: B5150 :D = me...caught between sadness and joy. :wave:

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Considering that I am girl, I am not much to cry - I kind of wish that I could cry easier sometimes...... I do remember that when my son was little and would get upset about something (like all babies do) and I would always hug him and say "don't worry, Mom's got you". When he was about a year and a half old, I tripped on something and fell and my eyes watered up with pain and my kid waddled over and hugged me and said "don't worry, Mom, John's gotcha". It was that moment that I realized just what an awesome repsonsibility it is to raise a decent caring human being and we were on the right road.

Oh, and I cry whenever any AM boys are unhappy with ATW

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
After single parenting for 8 years, I have to say that graduations and achievement award ceremonies got me. Also, when kids move out of the house... it's a very emotional time. One of mine moved totally out and the other one moves out once per year to go to college. It's always a bummer for me :(

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I cried because my wife and I got into an argument because I can't remember short term stuff. She'll ask me to do things and I simply forget. It's not like I blow her off, I just can't remember. My short term memory is crap and it's really frustrating. She got really frustrated with me and I said "I can't do anything about it honey, I just don't know why I can't remember what you tell me." I ended up crying about it, which is NOT me. FYI -- I'm only freakin 27!!!!!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Geez, me too. That was a really good story B. Do you mind if I send that to a few friends?
Don't mind at all.
After single parenting for 8 years, I have to say that graduations and achievement award ceremonies got me. Also, when kids move out of the house... it's a very emotional time. One of mine moved totally out and the other one moves out once per year to go to college. It's always a bummer for me :(
Don't get me started...it's too close to coming to pass at my home. My visitations end does that to me a couple/few times a year.
I cried because my wife and I got into an argument because I can't remember short term stuff. She'll ask me to do things and I simply forget. It's not like I blow her off, I just can't remember. My short term memory is crap and it's really frustrating. She got really frustrated with me and I said "I can't do anything about it honey, I just don't know why I can't remember what you tell me." I ended up crying about it, which is NOT me. FYI -- I'm only freakin 27!!!!!!!
There was a movie where the guy tatoos important things to remember...can't recall the title right now.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
That movie was Memento. Pretty good movie. FYI -- my short term isn't THAT bad. And, no I didn't smoke large quantities of weed back in the day. But I might have, uh... smoked some once in awhile... ok... next topic... lol

There was a movie where the guy tatoos important things to remember...can't recall the title right now.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That movie was Memento. Pretty good movie. FYI -- my short term isn't THAT bad. And, no I didn't smoke large quantities of weed back in the day. But I might have, uh... smoked some once in awhile... ok... next topic... lol
I wasn't suggesting it was THAT bad.;) It just poopped into my mind when I imagined the pain that that could cause someone in reality. To whatever degree it has caused you some, and I sympathize.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
nah, i wasn't taking it as a barb in anyway. just wanted to clarify it's not QUITE that bad... yet. though my wife might argue... lol.

I wasn't suggesting it was THAT bad.;) It just poopped into my mind when I imagined the pain that that could cause someone in reality. To whatever degree it has caused you some, and I sympathize.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
:sad: B5150 :D = me...caught between sadness and joy. :wave:
It is what it is... as we were what we were... through my faith in the program I have long since forgiven myself for past sins...
and now live day by day to make amends to those I`ve hurt...

If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. Self-seeking will slip away. Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves. - Big Book of AA

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is what it is... as we were what we were... through my faith in the program I have long since forgiven myself for past sins...
and now live day by day to make amends to those I`ve hurt...
we sure were something. you're preaching to the chior...you know that :thumbsup:

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I cry at the end of the movie Rudy... everytime...

Other times too... yeah, that's right... wanna fight about it? LOL j/k

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
When I was on top of the Grim Reaper getting my Eagle, Globe and Anchor..... At the end of Last Samurai when it was in the theater.... When my daughter was born.

Only 3 times I can remember.

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You made me remember my own first 4th step work - ...........that was some crying. I have been a Friend of Bill's for some time now and I always love to see ANYTHING from our Big Book. Not everyone understands that we pay the highest cost possible for membership to this club. But I would not and could not have it any other way.

Laura

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I cry at the end of the movie Rudy... everytime...

Other times too... yeah, that's right... wanna fight about it? LOL j/k
I was going to say that in my post also. Freakin' movie does it to me everytime.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I watched a documentry on Discovery last night on the North Hollywood bank robbery/shoot out that happened a few years back. I've seen plenty of documentries on this, but last night I was a balling little bitch. As they played the actual recordings of the downed officers requesting help, and the dispatchers trying to maintain radio professionalism, just gets me. Officers and civilians were shot and trying to take cover as ricocheting bullets kept striking them for 30 to 40 minutes. Rescue teams and paramedics were standing by, but unable to enter the scene due to the heavy fire power. You could hear the voices crack at certain times by dispatchers, and downed officers sounding very scared as they were losing blood and ready to go unconcious.

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
When i had to flush all my PHs down the tube when the ban came!! :rolleyes:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
You made me remember my own first 4th step work - ...........that was some crying. I have been a Friend of Bill's for some time now and I always love to see ANYTHING from our Big Book. Not everyone understands that we pay the highest cost possible for membership to this club. But I would not and could not have it any other way.

Laura
Who`s Bill? :D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
If I had to guess, it probably had something to do with sitting on my testicles...but I can't remember anything. Any time I've cried it hasn't been over something strange, but then again, I'm not on Clomid and never have been :D

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Dude, hope you are kidding!!!!!! If not for Bill and his friends, I would not have the courage to let go and let God.

Hey, Where in Philly?

Laura
Yea J/K known Bill W. for a while myself...like the book he helped write too... Port Richmond for now... I used to work at the Valley Forge Convention Complex
in your neck of the woods :wave: ..

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
i saw this thing on HBO called "letters home" about soldiers who got killed in Iraq. so sad to see all those men and women killed for nothing and see what there deaths did to the familys back home.

JimJames

Banned
Awards
Sice you are looking for the stangest thing... my wife when she was pregnant with our first child was eating a bowl of coco puffs and just started crying... when I asked her what was worng she said "nothing, these coco puffs are just really good".

GuardDog

GuardDog

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sice you are looking for the stangest thing... my wife when she was pregnant with our first child was eating a bowl of coco puffs and just started crying... when I asked her what was worng she said "nothing, these coco puffs are just really good".
:icon_lol:

Mrs. Gimpy

Mrs. Gimpy

Awards
I really wanted Krispy Kremes (seriously) and my boyfriend was feeding his darn bird....

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I really wanted Krispy Kremes (seriously) and my boyfriend was feeding his darn bird....
Its true....really, it is....

You'd think my g/f here was taking 3g/wk of Test when she gets hungry. :eek:

:D

CREAO

Awards
at the end of Big Fish when the dad dies....makes me cry everytime

blondebombshell

Awards
I can cry at just about anything. Remember that old McDonald's commercial where the guy is about to go to college and he takes his little sister to McDonalds? The Foldgers commercial when the kid comes home from where ever and makes coffee before his family wakes up... oh, and the Olympics, when Americans win and they're standing on the podium during the National Anthem. That's an emotional song for me for some reason and when it's combined with the emotion of an athlete who just won the gold it's more than I can handle.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

Cold

Awards
My dog has neurological damage in her back right leg. She has no control over it whatso ever. When she tries to walk, she drags it behind. When she tries to squat, she sometimes ends up shitting on herself. Now, she has seperation anxiety. I can't leave the room for two minutes without hearing her whining. Everyday, I carry her outside so she can go to the bathroom, and she even struggles with this. Man, I remember back in the day when she'd practically knock me over to get outside. Then she would run through the yard, chasing anything and everything that came by. I know she's suffering, but I just can't get myself to have her put down. I've had her since I was eight years old. I know she doesn't have much more time left. It just brings a tear to my eye knowing that she won't be around much longer. Here's a picture of her when she was healthy.

Attachments

CrAzyOttER

Banned
Awards
My dog has neurological damage in her back right leg. She has no control over it whatso ever. When she tries to walk, she drags it behind. When she tries to squat, she sometimes ends up shitting on herself. Now, she has seperation anxiety. I can't leave the room for two minutes without hearing her whining. Everyday, I carry her outside so she can go to the bathroom, and she even struggles with this. Man, I remember back in the day when she'd practically knock me over to get outside. Then she would run through the yard, chasing anything and everything that came by. I know she's suffering, but I just can't get myself to have her put down. I've had her since I was eight years old. I know she doesn't have much more time left. It just brings a tear to my eye knowing that she won't be around much longer. Here's a picture of her when she was healthy.
dude im really sorry to hear about you dog. they are the most loving, understanding and funniest little things in this world.
im sorry bro.

Cold

Awards
Thanks for the thought bros. This just makes me realize that no one will be around forever, and that you need make the most out of the time that you have. This in fact is making me think especially about my parents, and some of my older relatives.

Mrs. Gimpy

Mrs. Gimpy

Awards
Thanks for the thought bros. This just makes me realize that no one will be around forever, and that you need make the most out of the time that you have. This in fact is making me think especially about my parents, and some of my older relatives.
im so sorry about your dog, i would be absolutely hysterical, i love my dog like a child. id do almost anything for him. im so sorry. when my dog dies, i serioously dont know what im goign tto do

noctorum

Banned
Awards
Dude...just make her a protein shake. If you know what I mean. ;) :D
My g/f saves tons of money on whey, I just mix her up one pw ;)

I think the last time I cried was when I had to put my dog down :/ She got arthritis and it came real hard real quick. The first day she was just limping a little, the second she couldn't get up the stairs anymore, and the third she couldn't even move. We had to move the dishes right next to her, the next day we carried her to the vet and had them do it :(

Mrs. Gimpy

Mrs. Gimpy

Awards
I think the last time I cried was when I had to put my dog down :/ She got arthritis and it came real hard real quick. The first day she was just limping a little, the second she couldn't get up the stairs anymore, and the third she couldn't even move. We had to move the dishes right next to her, the next day we carried her to the vet and had them do it :(
thats the same exact story of my last dog. it was really hard to see him struggle like that. one of the hardest things ever