Do you believe in Paul Anderson's supposed 1,200-pound squat?

Zombocalypse

Zombocalypse

Awards
Do you believe in Paul Anderson's supposed 1,200-pound squat?

Remember, this was a time when mere creatine didn't even exist. Not even protein powders, I think. And no. He did not use a squat-suit either because such things didn't even exist back then. I'm not sure if steroids were used at that time too...

It was in the 50's and 60's, to be precise...

For those of you who don't know, Paul Anderson was a powerlifter in the 50's who revolutionized the world of lifting, extending his influence not just in powerlifting and weightlifting, but in bodybuilding as well. He was ahead of his time. I say that because he was the first man to realize the true value of the back squat on a man's (or woman's) overall development as a lifter. He and Doug Hepburn defined the world of strength sports during their times.

Me, personally, I believe it. This is because I find no good reason for such a man to lie. His 1,200-pound squat was never video-recorded. He simply claimed it. But I believe it because of reliable accounts. Tommy Kono had witnessed him squat 700 pounds for ten ****ing reps EASILY. And for those of you who don't know who Tommy Kono is... Well, let's just say he's a remarkable man, to say the least.

I find no real good agenda behind propagating a lie on Paul Anderson's behalf. He wasn't trying to sell anything...

What are your thoughts on this?

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look up "ironhistory.com" and Joe Roark. His forum has all the Paul Anderson info that you could ever want (and not want).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is like another guys threads minus the douchbag himself