Diet Coke with Splenda

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I just tried Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda, and have to say it rocks, dudes. I give it two snaps in Z formation! :thumbsup:

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
What's wrong with diet coke without splenda?:think:

Ahh, I get it now, somebody has sweet tooth :D

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just tried Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda, and have to say it rocks, dudes. I give it two snaps in Z formation! :thumbsup:
Yup, good stuff.. I have been drinking Diet-Rite lately though.. Sweetened with splenda, but no sodium..

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What's wrong with diet coke without splenda?:think:

Ahh, I get it now, somebody has sweet tooth :D
He is saying diet coke is now sweetened with splenda. He is not dumping splenda in the diet coke, atleast i don't think..haha

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
I love splenda.. in Ice Tea.. coffee ect...

Read somewhere the people who make it are having trouble keeping up with the demand...

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
But I bet they're having no trouble counting their money

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i tried it .. tasted exactly like regular coke (from what i remember regular coke tasting like .. its been years) .. i didn't really care for it .. i guess i'm just really used to regular diet soda

Brooklyn

Awards
I call it Splenda Coke. I tasted it, it seems alright, better than the Pepsi One Splenda version that's out now. Splenda was created as an alternative to aspartame. A lot of companies, you'll notice, will use Splenda/Ace K as sugar alternatives when they wouldn't use aspartame before. Coke and Pepsi are testing the waters to see if people would be ok with them ditching the aspartame. Now for a lesson:

What's wrong with aspartame?

Aspartame a.k.a. NutraSweet is a neurotoxic posion. It breaks down on the shelf or in the human body into several toxins and the amino acid d-phenylalanine. Those toxins being formaldehyde, methanol, formic acid and diketobenzaprine (DKP). Formaldehyde, boys and girls, is embalming fluid. Not too nice to the human body. Methanol is a wood alcohol which is present in aspartamein large amounts. In aspartame, it breaks down into formaldehyde and formic acid (fire ant venom). The FDA recommends a limit of 7.8 mg/day of methanol. A quart of aspartame-sweetened beverage contains about 56 mg methanol. DKP has been shown to cause brain cancer in lab rats. Furthermore, d-phenylalanine as present in aspartame is a free excitotoxin with similar effects to the amino in monosodium glutamate (d-glutamic acid). An excitotoxin is a chemical which can penetrate the brain barrier upon digestion in large amounts. When it reaches the brain, it causes overstimulation of the brain's neurons, so that they become very excited to the point of cell death. It's like forcing 100 watts of power through a 60 watt light bulb. Like little xmas lights on the brain, its neurons flicker faster and brighter until they burn out. Aspartame and MSG-like substances have been linked to major neurological disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's and Fibromyalgia, as well as numerous physical problems including macular degeneration, digestive issues and in an ironic twist, gross obesity. Some persons are more sensitive to feeling the effects of these substances than others, but they effect everyone to some degree as they are poisons, not allergens.

BigSwede

Awards
It's a tad sweeter and less "dry" that the Nutrasweet coke. It's almost indistinguishable from regualr coke, IMO.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
aspartame gives me a frickin headache no matter how much I take in. I use splenda if I have to and very rarely use sweet and low but we should stay away from carbonated beverages all together because the phosphoric acid pulls magnesium out of your system which inhibits the uptake of calcium.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I wrote to Coke almost 5 years ago asking them make a Splenda version of their Diet Coke. Splenda is the closest thing to sugar without actually being sugar.. I'm sure they received many letters like mine.. Why did it take them so long? It's surely going to be a hit...

Brooklyn

Awards
aspartame gives me a frickin headache no matter how much I take in.
lol. Of course it gives you a headache. Brain neuron death tends to do that.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I am gonna switch from Diet Pepsi to Splenda Coke, until Diet Pepsi does their version.

BigSwede

Awards
I wrote to Coke almost 5 years ago asking them make a Splenda version of their Diet Coke. Splenda is the closest thing to sugar without actually being sugar.. I'm sure they received many letters like mine.. Why did it take them so long? It's surely going to be a hit...
Splenda was/is more expensive to source than nutrasweet. The unit-cost of the ingredients are virtually-zero, so adding a high-value sweetener f*cks-up the margins a bit. Spenda was 5x the cost of nutrasweet when introduced.

Brooklyn

Awards
I am gonna switch from Diet Pepsi to Splenda Coke, until Diet Pepsi does their version.
Pepsi already came out with their version. Pepsi One is now made with Splenda/Ace K.

It's too bad big business rules the FDA or we might have a less harmful sweetener like Stevia (which has never shown toxic effects and actually helps regulate insulin levels) on the market. Still, it's progress.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I wish we could see more stevia out there as well. We could enjoy cereal again!

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
It hasn't gotten to California yet.
As long as it taste better than C2, that'll be cool.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I tried it and loved it!!!!!!! Got a bottle and I love it!

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
It has in my area. ;)
What store did you find it, bro? VONS, Ralph's, and Pavillion don't have it here in SoCal.

I got an online coupon for a 2 liter and can't find a damn store that has it.

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
Hasn't showed up in the PHX valley yet either from what I've seen. I really want to try it

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
What store did you find it, bro? VONS, Ralph's, and Pavillion don't have it here in SoCal.

I got an online coupon for a 2 liter and can't find a damn store that has it.
I found it at a small store (not a chain) in the central valley. I know they send out to tester areas, then to others if the feedback is good. There's a botteling plant nearby me, so maybe that's why I can get it here.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hasn't showed up in the PHX valley yet either from what I've seen. I really want to try it
I am in Mesa and i have found it at every grocery store around(bashas,albertsons,safeway, etc) I buy the cans in the box that goes in the fridge, it looks like the diet coke box but has yellow on it, almost looks like it would be lemon flavored by the box. I actually yelled at my wife for getting it when i saw the box becasue i thought it was lemon, but turned out to just be diet with splenda :D

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
I am in Mesa and i have found it at every grocery store around(bashas,albertsons,safeway, etc) I buy the cans in the box that goes in the fridge, it looks like the diet coke box but has yellow on it, almost looks like it would be lemon flavored by the box. I actually yelled at my wife for getting it when i saw the box becasue i thought it was lemon, but turned out to just be diet with splenda :D
lmao I feel like a dumbass b/c I thought that was lemon diet coke......... :frustrate

I'll have to go try it!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
lmao I feel like a dumbass b/c I thought that was lemon diet coke......... :frustrate

I'll have to go try it!
HA. DOn't worry man i yelled at my girl for getting it, because she has a habit of not reding the labels and just buying things. Then i looked at it more and saw it was splenda, :D

Good stuff.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
I found it at a small store (not a chain) in the central valley. I know they send out to tester areas, then to others if the feedback is good. There's a botteling plant nearby me, so maybe that's why I can get it here.
BY GEORGE, I THINK I GOT IT!!!

Without looking for it, I found it at a VONS that I don't normally shop at. Ironically, I went there looking for a birthday cake that neither Albertson or Pavillion had. And after finding the cake, something told me to check out the 2 liter drink section and VIOLA....there they were. And you are all right, it's pretty damn good. Until I can find a store that sells the 2 liter diet Barq's (my fave), this will be my new drink of choice. :cheers:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
BY GEORGE, I THINK I GOT IT!!!

Without looking for it, I found it at a VONS that I don't normally shop at. Ironically, I went there looking for a birthday cake that neither Albertson or Pavillion had. And after finding the cake, something told me to check out the 2 liter drink section and VIOLA....there they were. And you are all right, it's pretty damn good. Until I can find a store that sells the 2 liter diet Barq's (my fave), this will be my new drink of choice. :cheers:
There ya have it! Also, happy birthday dude! :cheers: I started a birthday thread for you and ALT+F4, but nobody bit. Buncha freakin' prudes this weekend...lol.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
There ya have it! Also, happy birthday dude! :cheers: I started a birthday thread for you and ALT+F4, but nobody bit. Buncha freakin' prudes this weekend...lol.
Thanks bro. I guess I'll have to drive an extra mile for it but it's all good. Hell, it might be a little cheaper than Pavillion anyway.

And also thanks for the birthday thread, bro. I responded on it in order to bounce it to the top. :drunk:

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Haven't tried that new Diet Coke yet but I saw it in a store, I will have to give it a shot.

I don't like Splenda powder though. I MUCH rather prefer Equal.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
I don't like Splenda powder though. I MUCH rather prefer Equal.
I pretty much have to agree with you, bro. My lady spoke pretty highly of it so I gave the Splenda powder a try one day. It sucks in my coffee so I just stick with either Equal or plain sugar.

tabish121

Board Supporter
Awards
I tried the Diet Coke with Splenda Yesturday, I liked it better than regular diet coke. I haven't had a non-deit soda in so long that I can't really make a comparison there.

I liked the taste better because it seemed, at least to me, like a less artificial sweetness. I'd definitely like to see more diet sodas with slpenda in them.

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
Bump! Just tried this last night. It's REALLY GOOD!

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
Are you referring to C2, the carb free Coke? I've had Diet Sprite Zero and it rocks, IMO.
no, i saw it on the coke website. after hearing about the splenda diet coke on here i looked it up (and got some 2 days ago, it tastes good), coke is supposedly coming out with diet coke zero. i have no idea what it is

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I'm down with any drink with Splenda, but Iprefer Pepsi One with it :)

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Unfortunately it's not in Toronto yet..or at least I haven't seen it anywhere - HOWEVER the Walmart brand "Great Value" diet cola is sweetened with sucralose (generic Splenda), and damn it tastes just like regular Coca Cola!

btw, FWIW I quit the aspartame pop cause I found it gave me nasty gas...

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
7-UP just added Spenda to their soda as well.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
I think there's going to be a problem selling it now that Coca-Cola Zero is on the market. :drunk:

Yjyankee

More Cowbell
Awards
  • Established
I tried that Coke Zero & liked it.. But of course, no splenda...

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
the pepsi with splenda is pretty darn good. not a huge soft drink guy but an occasional bottle and here and there.
Sage

BigSwede

Awards
There was a Diet Coke Challenge at a local supermarket. A majority of testers thought the DC w/splenda was actually the real-deal. Stuff is really dialed-in

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I use Splenda in lots of stuff....including my world famous apple cinnamon protein bars :D