Props to Nintendo

Page 35 of 36 First ... 33343536 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    You guys get your Articunos?

Huge win for me yesterday, a new gym opened a 2 min walk away. Going to keep it Valor and go for Gold
    No Articuno here. Oh well, it's likely it'll be back sometime. Perhaps as early as after Zapdos (if raids cycle, just probably less common than they are now), of after the dogs (if they do the same thing they're doing with the birds), or as late as next year (since they want to attract new players, they'll have to give new people a chance to get legendaries at some time I'd think), and who knows when trading will be here to get one that way.

Quite a few people locally seem to have not gotten an Articuno, which actually makes them a bit special IMO, even if I didn't get one. It makes the Lugia I have seem special, and gives me more motivation to catch Moltres and Zapdos I suppose.

On the bright side, Moltres should be much easier to beat than Articuno, with some people being able to beat it with 2 people (very difficult), and 3 people seeming to be able to be done consistently for higher level players with good counters (4-5 should be plenty if people know what they're doing).
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Second try
    IMG_0323.jpg
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564 View Post
    This is my first time in the thread and I see all the Pokemon pictures...what game is that?
    Pokémon GO.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Got my arti Saturday. Currently sitting at a moltres hoping anyone else shows up (in Louisville). Sucks not having a network to help here
    gave up after an hour of sitting, on my way ran into a big group and tried my first moltres... won the raid, failed to catch though. bummer.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Pokémon GO.
    pokemon go... phone version of the game thats much more live/interactive (also how the hell ahve you not heard about this a year ago haha??)
    •   

6. So i've been hearing some rumors of a method to seriously up the catch rate of legendaries...

first throw - nanaberry (must hit with ball and if it escapes, proceed)
    second throw - golden raz (again, must hit/escape/proceed if nec)
    third throw - nanaberry (this is the one that should be the almost guaranteed catch)

using this people have seen almost 100% catches. The caveat is that you MUST hit the bird with each consecutive throw and at least have it spin/escape. Any misses or even throws that get attacked (bounce off it) will mess up the sequence.

Also, theres two tricks other tricks:
    1) to attempt to change the cp of the bird you're catching (can go up, but also down), get to the bonus challenge/capture phase, then completely exit the game (close it out so you have to restart). Go back into the gym upon reload and it will put you back to the challenge, but the cp will be different. Only issue is that it can go down as well so its a bit of a gamble.
    2) if you can get your phone to error or network error and kick you out of the catch portion, when you go back in you will have more balls than you had before as well as changed cp
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Oddly I've seen different tricks used here

Watched a guy go 3/3 using Pinapps lol. His trick was based on the throw release time once the target circle was about to reset to full size

He had guaranteed great or excellent throws but if that way ensures a catch I'll be trying thanks man

8. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Oddly I've seen different tricks used here

Watched a guy go 3/3 using Pinapps lol. His trick was based on the throw release time once the target circle was about to reset to full size

He had guaranteed great or excellent throws but if that way ensures a catch I'll be trying thanks man
    yeah i've seen the great/ex throw trick where you hold til its close, then wait for an attack, then throw before its over so its exactly where you left it. still ahs to be an accurate throw though so not even that is guaranteed
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Finally!

IMG_0337.jpg

10. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Finally!

IMG_0337.jpg
    thats gonna be your first gary?
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Yessir i wasnt playing during the water event + live far from water so this took forever

12. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Yessir i wasnt playing during the water event + live far from water so this took forever
    man thats a bummer. i have over 800 piled up and evolved probably 2-3 including a shiny. Saving enough so that I can evolve another shiny if I catch one with good iv's (haven't caught one since the first event when they came out when i caught 2)
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I apparently missed out big time on the water event lol.

Oh well, one more in the dex

Good luck Zapdos hunting all!

14. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    I apparently missed out big time on the water event lol.

Oh well, one more in the dex

Good luck Zapdos hunting all!
    Oh yeah. I was catching like 10-15 in a small parking lot with no stops sometimes and pinap berries on most. Absolute game changer
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

New raid reward system is stupid.

Screw potions I want candies and TM's...
    I did 2 level 5 raids and 2 level 3 raids yesterday and got 3 RC's, 0 TM's

16. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    New raid reward system is stupid.

Screw potions I want candies and TM's...
    I did 2 level 5 raids and 2 level 3 raids yesterday and got 3 RC's, 0 TM's
    yeah i heard about that and was super peeved... not that I've done even a single raid above lv3 due to being alone in the middle of nowhere (I literally held a gym, by myself, for 4 days straight without ever feeding) but I want actual rare items, not stop items... i throw most of my regular and super potions away anyhow

Also, not sure I'll even have a chance to get moltres, zapdos, or lugia now... and forget mewtwo ha
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

The birds are all available now though? You away that long?

18. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    The birds are all available now though? You away that long?
    All are around til the 31st

Yeah every weekday until next year ha. And weekends basically I just won't have time to raid
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Props to Nintendo

Just got my first gym to go Gold, though it doesn't list any benefits... I assumed I'd get better items from spinning or something but I can't tell!

Achieved that while going for the 1000 hours defending medal, pretty easy if you can hold a few gyms at a time. I held down a minimum of 5 at a time until I got it, so about 120+ hours added daily.

Anyone else get bored enough to go for medals? Some of these are going to take a good while

Getting boring at times but I'm competitive so I make it work with some healthy local competition. Plus this is the only nerdy hobby that also has me out walking/running so I'm trying to stick with it

20. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Just got my first gym to go Gold, though it doesn't list any benefits... I assumed I'd get better items from spinning or something but I can't tell!

Achieved that while going for the 1000 hours defending medal, pretty easy if you can hold a few gyms at a time. I held down a minimum of 5 at a time until I got it, so about 120+ hours added daily.

Anyone else get bored enough to go for medals? Some of these are going to take a good while

Getting boring at times but I'm competitive so I make it work with some healthy local competition. Plus this is the only nerdy hobby that also has me out walking/running so I'm trying to stick with it
    I try for most of them. The few Gold I'm missing are pikachu, tiny rats, unown (obv), Magikarp, dragon, fighting, steel and raids (1000 wtf?!)
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

IMG_0419.jpg

So far...

22. Finally got zapdos today and on my first try. Now just need moltres and lugia
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

The hunt begins
    IMG_0424.jpg

24. Entei and Suicune are the bomb.
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I want Entei just for his crazy CP cap, and Ho-Oh, but Lugia was my fave gen 2 legendary

Mewtwo > Lugia > Zapdos

My faves, and past gen 2 I never played
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Props to the Admins
    By Fastball in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 09:16 PM
  2. Props to sikdogg
    By HUGE in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6