Props to Nintendo

Page 29 of 29 First ... 272829

  1. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Totally agree with a rebalance that would make it more diverse. Around me if you're mons aren't 2700+ they'll be at the bottom of any gym. Most gyms are 2800+ with about 40% being all 3k or more. It's crazy. I couldn't even use eggs, poli, or half the ones you like in gyms without being the bottom. I only really use those as disposable prestigers and battlers.

    I have two machamps and neither one has even a single fighting move ha. So mad. I do have like 3 ursa with c/cc tho so they're my normal blissey counter.
    Where do you play? Most of the gyms where I play (college campus) don't last long enough to really care what you put there, although I suppose if you placed your defender higher in the gym, you'd be able to do the same for the few gyms on campus and collect your daily coins before the gyms are taken down, but it's unlikely that they'll last beyond that day really. Maybe they'll last over the weekend, and maybe the summer will be different with less people on campus, we'll see. I find it boring using the same few "meta" mons all the time, so it's fun to use other Pokemon. I remember Lapras was a great defender before he got nerfed, but now I never see Lapras in gyms anymore. I think that they just need to be less reliant on CP. Some Pokemon with lower max CP still make better defenders than higher CP ones. Pokemon with dual weaknesses like Gyarados, Rhydon, and even Dragonite are often easier to take down than Pokemon with better typing and/or better defensive moves. On paper, Kingdra should be great, but his CP keeps people from using him as a defender. It's pretty much the same with Steelix, and they're both Pokemon that are relatively difficult to evolve, so they should be strong IMO. Maybe they should do gym placement based on the Pokemon's level, not their CP. Of course, a level 30 Tyranitar will still be stronger than a level 30 Pikachu, but CP isn't the be-all-end-all of a Pokemon's value IMO. Either way, the higher level players will still be able to place their Pokemon at the top of gyms, but it'd really increase the diversity of gyms, and allow people to put their favorite Pokemon in gyms instead of just one of the seven or so meta defenders.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com


  2. I also don't like how some moves are objectively worse than others. Or course, some moves are always going go be, and have to be, more useful than others, each one should have some benefit over others, either doing more damage, being faster, more bars/less energy, etc. It's things like Futuresight doing more damage AND being faster than Psychic, and needing the same full energy bar. It's the same thing with Overheat vs Fire Blast. At least with similar moves like Brave Bird and Hurricane, one does a bit more damage, and the other is a bit faster, or some moves need less energy but do less damage, etc. it adds diversity, different moves for different playing styles, not necessarily just a meta mon with meta moves.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Where do you play? Most of the gyms where I play (college campus) don't last long enough to really care what you put there, although I suppose if you placed your defender higher in the gym, you'd be able to do the same for the few gyms on campus and collect your daily coins before the gyms are taken down, but it's unlikely that they'll last beyond that day really. Maybe they'll last over the weekend, and maybe the summer will be different with less people on campus, we'll see. I find it boring using the same few "meta" mons all the time, so it's fun to use other Pokemon. I remember Lapras was a great defender before he got nerfed, but now I never see Lapras in gyms anymore. I think that they just need to be less reliant on CP. Some Pokemon with lower max CP still make better defenders than higher CP ones. Pokemon with dual weaknesses like Gyarados, Rhydon, and even Dragonite are often easier to take down than Pokemon with better typing and/or better defensive moves. On paper, Kingdra should be great, but his CP keeps people from using him as a defender. It's pretty much the same with Steelix, and they're both Pokemon that are relatively difficult to evolve, so they should be strong IMO. Maybe they should do gym placement based on the Pokemon's level, not their CP. Of course, a level 30 Tyranitar will still be stronger than a level 30 Pikachu, but CP isn't the be-all-end-all of a Pokemon's value IMO. Either way, the higher level players will still be able to place their Pokemon at the top of gyms, but it'd really increase the diversity of gyms, and allow people to put their favorite Pokemon in gyms instead of just one of the seven or so meta defenders.
    Mostly I play in the ATL north suburbs but I have mons in 4 states right now ha. The area I live is almost 100% mystic controlled and we have a group chat where we basically monitor and keep up all the gyms. Some of them have been stagnant for over a month. Would've been longer too but there was an organized "raid" on our area one night where both instinct and valor teamed up and took down about 13 gyms. We had them all back to lvl 10 in two days tho and that was the end of that ha.

    It would be fun if like all top level evolutions were able to hit pretty much the same max cp. this would make it so much more diverse and make typing much more important. Right now cp (and therefore IV) just rules all
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Mostly I play in the ATL north suburbs but I have mons in 4 states right now ha. The area I live is almost 100% mystic controlled and we have a group chat where we basically monitor and keep up all the gyms. Some of them have been stagnant for over a month. Would've been longer too but there was an organized "raid" on our area one night where both instinct and valor teamed up and took down about 13 gyms. We had them all back to lvl 10 in two days tho and that was the end of that ha.

    It would be fun if like all top level evolutions were able to hit pretty much the same max cp. this would make it so much more diverse and make typing much more important. Right now cp (and therefore IV) just rules all
    That's pretty cool seeing teamwork like that.

    CP is based on the stats (attack, defense, speed, etc), so Pokemon like Dragonite, Tyranitar, Gyarados, etc. are always going to have higher CP than other Pokemon, so I get that Dragonite's CP will always be higher than another 3rd stage evolution like Venusaur; his stats are just higher, but I'd like to see it where gym placement isn't so dependent on CP. I get that CP makes it approachable for people who don't understand or know much about different Pokemon and their stats/strengths, but it makes the meta boring. There's already "levels" from powering up Pokemon. Why not make gym placement based on the Pokemon's level instead of CP? Don't get rid of CP, just don't base gym placement on it. So a level 35 Steelix would be placed ahead of a level 30 Dragonite, even if it has lower CP. They'd just have to display levels as well as CP so people could see where their Pokemon would fit in the gyms and whatnot.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  5. Sounds like they may be changing the gym system to limit the number of same mons in gyms... that should force some diversity vs all dragon/gyarados/blissey/rhydon/Snorlax
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Sounds like they may be changing the gym system to limit the number of same mons in gyms... that should force some diversity vs all dragon/gyarados/blissey/rhydon/Snorlax
    That's not a bad idea. I still think I'd like gym placement by Pokémon level not CP, but that's still be an improvement over the current state of gyms.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    That's not a bad idea. I still think I'd like gym placement by Pokémon level not CP, but that's still be an improvement over the current state of gyms.
    Frankly anything that shakes things up will make it more fun. Right now it's "max out dragons, garys, and lax; throw everything else away"
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com
  8. Props to Nintendo


    Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Frankly anything that shakes things up will make it more fun. Right now it's "max out dragons, garys, and lax; throw everything else away"
    That's true. There needs to be more diversity among defenders for sure. There is decent diversity among attackers and prestigers, but its boring to see the same "Big 7" in every gym. I do like the following guys who may not be meta-CP as attackers/prestigers though:

    -Exeggutor (great against Vaporeon and Rhydon, and even works against Blissey)
    -Heracross/Machamp/Ursaring (good/fast Blissey and Snorlax counters)
    -Poliwrath (also good normal counter and excellent Tyranitar counter too)
    -Jolteon (great Gyarados counter)
    -Venusaur (Vaporeon/Rhydon counter)
    -Lapras/Cloyster/Jynx (Dragonite counters)
    -Kingdra (actually counters fire and water, and even a Dragonite counter)
    -Scizor (great Exeggutor counter)
    -Lanturn (tanky water counter)
    -Umbreon (good general prestiger and psychic counter)
    -Golem (pretty versatile, also should be great against the legendary birds and already Charizard)
    -Espeon (good generalist and pretty high CP)
    -Ampharos (pretty tanky electric type)

    It would definitely be cool to have some of these guys and other Pokémon in general to be viable defenders, especially some with good typing and moves but maybe not top-tier CP.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  9. This rock event is far and away the best yet... so many rarer mons and tons of larvitar (compared to normal ha)
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    This rock event is far and away the best yet... so many rarer mons and tons of larvitar (compared to normal ha)
    Yep, you could say it... rocks. I've seen two Larvitar so far, which is two more than I'd seen in the wild previously (I've hatched one and also caught one Pupitar). Plus there's a new hat.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Yep, you could say it... rocks. I've seen two Larvitar so far, which is two more than I'd seen in the wild previously (I've hatched one and also caught one Pupitar). Plus there's a new hat.
    I'm pretty shocked at all the larv. I thought they'd never have a mass event for the strongest in the game (especially since there was never one that dratini was part of, and they actually spawned less during the water event ha).
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    I'm pretty shocked at all the larv. I thought they'd never have a mass event for the strongest in the game (especially since there was never one that dratini was part of, and they actually spawned less during the water event ha).
    I think it makes some sense though, especially if the species limit for gyms is coming, as you want people to have a diverse selection of top-tier mons to place in gyms, and a lot of people don't have Tyranitar yet. Rhydon is more common (catching pre-evolutions), and so is Golem to an extent, and they may all find more placement in gyms with specialties limits, especially if we get type-gyms like someone suggested, where the 1st Pokémon in gym determines the type that everyone has to place. Omastar and even Kabutops also have decent CP and niches.

    Anyway, I still don't have a shiny Magikarp/Gyarados, but did catch a perfect (100% IV) Magikarp with 10cp today!
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    I think it makes some sense though, especially if the species limit for gyms is coming, as you want people to have a diverse selection of top-tier mons to place in gyms, and a lot of people don't have Tyranitar yet. Rhydon is more common (catching pre-evolutions), and so is Golem to an extent, and they may all find more placement in gyms with specialties limits, especially if we get type-gyms like someone suggested, where the 1st Pokémon in gym determines the type that everyone has to place. Omastar and even Kabutops also have decent CP and niches.

    Anyway, I still don't have a shiny Magikarp/Gyarados, but did catch a perfect (100% IV) Magikarp with 10cp today!
    Ouch. That's the worst feeling... perfect IV but so much dust it'll take 39958475 years to make useful
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Ouch. That's the worst feeling... perfect IV but so much dust it'll take 39958475 years to make useful
    Haha, pretty much. If nothing else, it should be very good trade bait if trading is ever introduced, since some people collect perfect IVs and/or have millions of stardust stocked up to power up a perfect mon like Gyarados that should sit high in gyms.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Props to the Admins
    By Fastball in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 09:16 PM
  2. Props to sikdogg
    By HUGE in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 10:19 PM
  3. Mad props to 1Fast and BDC
    By sikdogg in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2003, 07:01 PM
  4. Props to Liquid research ?
    By chi_town in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 07:32 PM
  5. Props To...... IronMike
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Log in
Log in