Does the military test for steroids at meps?

nate321

nate321

Awards
I'm going to meps in a few months and wondering what theyre blood panel includes. All the threads on here are several years old

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I almost guarantee they do. It's not worth the risk bro. What branch btw?

nate321

nate321

Awards
I wanted to go into the Marines but the won't take me with my two acl reconstructions. I'm going into the air force because the are the only branch that will still maybe take me lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I highly doubt they do, but as the other poster said, it's not worth the risk going in. If you're going to do it, get in and find out for sure what they're testing for.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can ask my classmate who works at meps. :)

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Unrelated but you think the miliary would mix roids right into the rations! Idk about you guys but I want the biggest/jacked mother ****ers on Earth protecting our nation!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unrelated but you think the miliary would mix roids right into the rations! Idk about you guys but I want the biggest/jacked mother ****ers on Earth protecting our nation!
Exactly. Especially when they do give out amphetamines like it's candy before long/over night missions. So ethics isn't an issue. If the soldiers want to use steriods who cares let them.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I wish this was the case haha

Exactly. Especially when they do give out amphetamines like it's candy before long/over night missions. So ethics isn't an issue. If the soldiers want to use steriods who cares let them.
What branch does this? Haha

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Funny thing about the armed forces is that when I was being medically screened for basic they wanted to DQ me because of my scoliosis, it might impair my PT. My ****ing back is curled up like a silly straw but I can squat over 300# and DL over 400#. Not to mention, shooting a gun doesn't require much strength. ANYWAYS, they kept making me take 8 hour, overnight bus trips to the army hospital to get clearances so finally I just said **** it, I was a teenager at the time but I kind of wish I would have stuck it out and at least went in. Maybe airforce or something though because I graduated June 2001 so we all know what happened to those recruits after 9/11.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish this was the case haha

What branch does this? Haha
My cousin was a navy seal and he said thats what they did and that's not the first time I've heard that either

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
My cousin was a navy seal and he said thats what they did and that's not the first time I've heard that either
Didn't Dateline have some big expose about it?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Modafanil is used by the military as an alternative to amphetamines, without peripheral effects/sides. The use of dextroamphetamine by the military is no longer approved.

Astronauts also use modafinil on long term missions.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I'm going to meps in a few months and wondering what theyre blood panel includes. All the threads on here are several years old
Nah man they don't. They don't really care. They want strong mother ****ers in the military.

I am an Army Veteran

Oh and the whole amphetamine thing, I know that it's mandatory for fighter pilots when they go out on a mission. The Army does the same thing with Apache helicopter crews.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know someone who was tested positive and was discharged early from basic training because of it.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I know someone who was tested positive and was discharged early from basic training because of it.
They can test for it if it's suspected, but they rarely do.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
Nope not at MEPS. Just for narcotics. I know this for a fact.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe they stopped testing? The person I know was discharged over 20yrs ago for it.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Maybe they stopped testing? The person I know was discharged over 20yrs ago for it.
Oh gotcha. Who knows. They change **** all the time.