favorite bodybuilder of all time
- 12-19-2005, 12:48 AM
- 12-19-2005, 03:30 PM
12-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Definitely. He was a machine. His books and training videos motivated me more than anything else.Originally Posted by thehawk23
04-06-2006, 11:40 PM
04-07-2006, 04:33 AM
04-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Dorian Yates is my fav... and most inspiring.. however there is this guy at my gym (Jim Swanson) who is also very awesome and inspiring.
he was like illinois super heavyweight champ.. he is very ripped.
04-09-2006, 04:27 PM
05-09-2006, 10:43 PM
From the list I’m torn between Ray and Yates.
Apples and oranges I know but I love both of those builds.
Yates is just hard core though… have to go with him.
05-12-2006, 04:23 PM
i would have to say arnold because i liked him ever since i was a kid. but seeing some old pics of frank zane he is a close second.
05-12-2006, 04:38 PM
05-25-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm the same, love the Governator, I know he may not have the best this or that but I still like him. Can't stop him, "I'm the Turmenatur." "Get Daauwn!"
Gotta love him.
05-25-2006, 09:27 PM
06-26-2006, 11:15 PM
You gotta look at it in 2 ways.
1)Whos got the best physique.
If I was stepping on stage I would want to look like Yates in his peak. He's got the whole package IMO.
2) Who brought bodybuilding to the main stream and who bodybuildings icon? It's easy. Ok, lets say your squatting your final set. You get, say your 4th rep, it was hard and you barely get it. You go down for a 5th. In the back of your mind you dont really think you can get it, but you force your way up you think DAMN IM THE MAN. Waht do you scream? "I am ronnie?" nah. "I am Yates?" nope again.... "I AM AH-NOLD"
06-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Pretty good point spatch. For me, Arnold was the reason I first picked up a weight, since he was the first bodybuilder physique I saw. But when I started following bodybuilding, Dorian was the one who made me serious about training.
06-27-2006, 12:06 PM
06-27-2006, 09:15 PM
06-28-2006, 12:07 AM
06-29-2006, 12:00 PM
mine was craig titus...that is..until he killed someone..now i'd have to say..i really like melvin anthony...he has such classic lines and a tiny waist..something i could never attain do to my bone structure. :bb2:
06-29-2006, 10:27 PM
Always loved the pure physique of Sergio, that guy was a beast. Huge thickenss and width with what appeared to be like a 32 inch waist (I know it wasn't).
Arnold had the charisma fo sure and brought the sport to a whole new level.
Can't really vote because there are many attributes that these guys had to offer in their own way.
I remember the pics of Lee Haney in overalls coming into the Mr. O scene, what an animal
09-06-2006, 06:23 PM
I have alot that I admire.....but Sergio gets my vote today, his arms are freaky. I like Levrone too, kinda sucks he never won an Olympia
09-07-2006, 08:38 PM
09-08-2006, 01:00 AM
09-08-2006, 06:49 AM
09-09-2006, 09:59 PM
I like Sergio. Lay aside his monstrous build, he came from nothing and developed into the best. He invented my favorite pose to boot. Truely a leged in his time.
09-09-2006, 10:04 PM
I still have to go with Zane after all these years. He was the reason I started lifting when I was a scrawny little bastard. I have always been about aesthetics and he showed me that you don't have to be huge to be a BBer.
Similar Forum Threads
- By ScAR in forum Pro BodybuildingReplies: 120Last Post: 11-22-2012, 09:30 AM
- By MuscleGauge1 in forum General ChatReplies: 8Last Post: 11-21-2012, 02:23 PM
- By mich29 in forum General ChatReplies: 255Last Post: 10-21-2012, 06:08 PM
- By David Dunn in forum General ChatReplies: 17Last Post: 09-15-2005, 08:43 AM
- By TheCrownedOne in forum SupplementsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-30-2005, 06:08 AM