Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Alex Rodriguez formally apologizes

Alex Rodriguez of New York Yankees issues formal apology in statement - ESPN New York

NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez extended his apology tour to include the fans Tuesday, releasing a handwritten letter in which he says he is sorry for his mistakes that led to his suspension for performance-enhancing drug use.

In the letter obtained by ESPN on Tuesday afternoon, Rodriguez called the New York Yankees "gracious" for offering him the chance to use Yankee Stadium for a news conference. But Rodriguez chose to forgo a formal media session.

"I take full responsibility for the mistakes that led to my suspension for the 2014 season," Rodriguez said in the statement. "I regret that my actions made the situation worse than it needed to be. To Major League Baseball, the Yankees, the Steinbrenner family, the Players Association and you, the fans, I can only say I'm sorry.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
I don't have a problem with Arod yeah he didn't tell the trust and bashed everyone but if the Yanks are going to retire andy petite number when he ADMITTED to using hgh i just think its a little odd. but thats just me.