Leaning out for performance - Crossfitter stacks Follidrone 2.0 and AlphaMaleXT

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hello everyone,

I discovered this website a couple months back and with the copious amounts of info on here I wanted to use it to help me lean out. My research pointed me initially to Follidrone 2.0 and eventually AlphaMax XT. So, I am here to give you my unbiased review and opinion of this stack, coupled with my nutrition and workouts.

Initial data -
June 20th
Weight : 212 lbs
Benchmark WOD : Jackie
For time-
1000 m row/50 thrusters (45#)/30 pull-ups
Score - 7:58
*I have some other benchmarks done during a benchmark week and will refer later*

I got my Follidrone 2.0 on the 21st and have been taking it for a week. Now I've began cycling in the AlphaMax XT.

My macros are as follows:
Fat - 50g / Carbs - 245g / Protein - 220g
Calories - 2,310

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/28/16
Weight - 207 lbs (-5 @ 7 days)

Workout -
Strength : 10x2 Split Jerks at 65% - 185lbs
MetCon : Lactic Threshold Training
4 rounds
3 min on/3 min off
4 burpees
8 kettlebell swings (55#)
16 wall balls (20#)
20 double unders
Score : 8 rounds

Thoughts - Feeling good. Someone in the class mentioned I look the leanest I ever had...??

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be following. You're fats are very low my friend. Interested to see your workouts since I do not know much about Crossfit.

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah typically I am at 77g of fat, but I'm giving this a shot to see how I feel. If I start dragging and my brain isn't happy I'll up the fat a bit. I have been more like 60 most days

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That sounds like an awesome stack! I have my follidrone 2.0 on its way. I may have to order alphamax xt as well.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed. welcome to the site bro..!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Are you referring to Alphamax XT? I tried looking up Alphamale XT and didn't find anything haha. But regardless, sub'd!

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
In for this one. Def looking forward to seeing how xfit, at a calorie deficit pans out.

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/28/16
Weighed myself this morning...205lbs. Haven't been this light since college. That's 7 lbs in a week and a half. ?
Trying my hardest to level out my macros during meals. Especially fat.

Morning - 1 Follidrone, 2 AlphaMax
Afternoon - 2 Follidrone, 2 AlphaMax

Worked out this afternoon instead of my typical 5:15 or 6:30. I typically don't eat and actually do better while fasted. The pre-Jym works miracles on an empty stomach. Therefore, today's workout was teh awful.

Workout : 30 minute AMRAP (inception style, an AMRAP in an AMRAP)
20 cals assault bike
-3 rounds-
5 handstand push ups
10 pistols
15 TTB
--------
400 m run
Score- 2+ 65

Not my favorite type of workout, but builds metabolic capacity.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Mannnn, I hate the assault bike, and Im a mountain biker, lol.
I just began practicing pistols. I'm going to implement single leg box step ups with the hope of doing pistols eventually.

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Joe, I'm one of the few at my box who enjoys it. My pistol weakness is the hip flexors. I rely way too much on gluteals. Makes for an unstable position at the bottom.

Feeling tired today. My body is signaling a refeed day, so I shall oblige.

6/30/16
15 sets : 30 secs
Power snatch, 2-5 sec static press (135#)

Met-Con:
13 min cap
500m row
50 push-ups
500m row
50 deadlifts at 155#
500m row
50 burpee double jumps
Score- 263

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did a refeed on Thursday, and definitely felt better on Friday. I was finally able to use my body fat scanner today and am at 14.1%, which is the lowest I've ever been since owning it.

My macros for Friday were back to normal, but I think I've pinned my fat at 60 g.

Workout for 7/1/16
25 min cap:
4 rds - 10 weighted box step ups (70#), 5 clean and jerk (205#)
3 rds - 10 unbroken TTB, 18 cal assault bike
2 rds - 30 weighted kb lunges, 30 kettlebell swings (both 70#)
Score - only had 8 KBS left at the time cap
Felt strong though

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey everyone. Sorry I've been neglecting my posts, but I do have an update.

I've been leaning out to a degree and have had a noticeable increase in performance. Muscles are still getting stronger and the fat is stubbornly going away. My coach has been throwing a lot of EMOM 65%-80% lifts at us recently and my body is responding quite well.

I've done several workouts where I'm in first place for the day out of everyone at my gym and my endurance has been getting much much better.

I actually did a WOD called "Helen" yesterday. It is a major benchmark workout in the CrossFit community. It's 3 rounds of 400m run, 21 kettlebell swings at 55lbs, and 12 pull-ups. My time was 9:16, that's a 1 min 24 second PR. For that workout, that's huge!

I've definitely been happy with the results so far and will keep you posted. I should have a picture up soon of the results...

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've done several workouts where I'm in first place for the day out of everyone at my gym and my endurance has been getting much much better.
Putting the 'alpha' in Alphamax haha. That's awesome man, glad you're having such great success with your stack. I'm excited to see your progress. Have you been gaining weight at all? Sounds like you're getting stronger and losing fat, which is awesome. Alphamax XT really shines when doing a recomp. How many weeks into the stack are you?

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha yeah, it's been great. It feels like I can just "turn it on" more than I could before. My weight is kind of fluctuating +/- 5 lbs from around 210. Just depends on what it decides to do that day. However, I feel and look leaner, and that's what I'm really looking for. The muscles are growing and the abs are showing!

Here's a comparison picture taken on June 20th (top) and yesterday (bottom)