Your first concert and tix price

PYChewHi

PYChewHi

Awards
Curious to know what band(s) played your first concert you ever attended.

Giving away my age here, mine was Aerosmith with Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush playing warmup.

Tickets were $4 plus a .25 cent handling fee for the nice round total of $4.25 per ticket.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Suicidal Tendencies and Red Hot Chili Peppers in 86 or 87 I think. Tix were $12.

emantest

emantest

Awards
Van Halen 1984 Jump, ticket $10. I saw Aerosmith in 1988 with Guns N Roses opening for around $14-15 at Starplex in Dallas. Myself and several buddies went on a month long band tour, started with monsters of rock in Memphis, Van Halen, scorpions, Metallica, kingdom come, crazy good show, next it was poison and I think queens rych in little rock. Next was 3 dog night and BTO at dog patch and then Aerosmith and GNR, what a month of partying and rocking!!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First I bought myself was Bush back when I was 13. Was a good show for young me! Think they were around $20 which was no big deal to me, I had a paper route :)

mudrunner

mudrunner

Awards
The first concert that I bought tickets for was Hank Jr. back in about 90 or 91 when I was about 16. I think I may have paid about $25 for tickets for me and some chick.

PYChewHi

PYChewHi

Awards
Van Halen 1984 Jump, ticket $10. I saw Aerosmith in 1988 with Guns N Roses opening for around $14-15 at Starplex in Dallas. Myself and several buddies went on a month long band tour, started with monsters of rock in Memphis, Van Halen, scorpions, Metallica, kingdom come, crazy good show, next it was poison and I think queens rych in little rock. Next was 3 dog night and BTO at dog patch and then Aerosmith and GNR, what a month of partying and rocking!!
All of that in the same month??

Man oh man, that's like a month long Woodstock of great bands!! I always dug me some GnR, VH with/without DLR...Hagar was a kewl machine at one time, Scorpions I seen playing warmup for Nugent about 5 times. Metal bands outgrew me in the 90s for some reason altho I carry some on gear in the gym... the pumps are awesome...lol

PYChewHi

PYChewHi

Awards
The first concert that I bought tickets for was Hank Jr. back in about 90 or 91 when I was about 16. I think I may have paid about $25 for tickets for me and some chick.
I drank alot of Jim Bean back in the 80s thanks to Bocephus :)

Amsterdamned

Amsterdamned

Awards
The Fugees with Notorious BIG and Wu Tang Clan at Winterfest at the att amphitheatre in downtown Miami. Like 1996 I was 14.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 7
NurseGray General Chat 3
mikeg313 General Chat 7
Supplements 7
bigpapa General Chat 10