Finding a Trainer

Chemist63

Board Supporter
Awards
What is the best way of finding a trainer to work with for a little while? I go to the YMCA and most of the the trainers that they hire do not impress me much. They seem to work better to get someone started. Is there a list that I do not know about?

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Usually the YMCA has crappy trainers there are some that are an exception but they get paid like 8bucks an hour so once they get some experience they leave for a better job.
You can look in the phone book or find a gym like a World's or Gold's or 24hour, some smaller local gyms might be good as well. As for price it all depends on where your located and the qualifications of the trainer I've seen as low as 25/session and as high as 200/session.
There's also BOBO - well priced, detailed instructions, just about always available for questions

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
What is the best way of finding a trainer to work with for a little while? I go to the YMCA and most of the the trainers that they hire do not impress me much. They seem to work better to get someone started. Is there a list that I do not know about?
Most of the trainer's I've ever met sucked. A few good ones, but most sucked...

Bobo is a trainer. His website is flanutrition.com He's had great results with his clients, as demostrated by all of the bobo signatures under everyone's posts :D

There are a few more online trainers who have been giving great results as well. You won't see them on this board t hough...I just read a 10 page thread with Bobo and ( mostly just one guy ) arguing...lol. Very uncharacteristic of Bobo, so it was amusing :hammer: