Do we really not have a Pain and Gain thread? - AnabolicMinds.com

Do we really not have a Pain and Gain thread?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member

Do we really not have a Pain and Gain thread?

I saw it last night. Movie is a riot. Dwayne Johnson is swole.

Must see if you lift

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  171 lbs.

I read it was hilarious with excellent comedic timing by the three leads. From what I saw in the trailer there were plenty of BB jokes and stereotypes to poke fun at. Especially where one of the characters has to do some concentration curl pumps because he is stressed.

Saw Oblivion today, Pain & Gain is on for next weekend.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just saw it tonight. The Rock is a friggin' TANK in it. Wahlberg was big in his own sense. The story totally threw me for a loop toward the end though. Pretty good movie.. I mean, how could any of us on here not like it?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just saw it tonight. Was a good movie, had some funny parts. The Rocks character was pretty funny at times. coulda definitely waited till it was on video. I say great as a rental, ok in the theatre.
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Not as funny as I expected....

A lot darker than I expected....

Worth watching though. Rock was a frigging monster.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Not as funny as I expected....

A lot darker than I expected....

Worth watching though. Rock was a frigging monster.
    Totally agree. The previews totally contradicted the actual storyline, atleast in my eyes. Still enjoyed it though.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I guess my issue is originally the previews made it seem like a comedy based on gym rats. Thier mentalities and actions, and so on... Then its revealed as a crime drama/dark comedy. Also it was based on actual events, and some family members are pretty pissed about how the targeted killing of their relative is being aired as comedy in this film. I smell lawsuits in the waiting...
    Independent Review
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

it's awful, saw it on friday....what a waste
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What a bunch of complainers
    Rep for
    🍀Celtic Labs
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tinytony View Post
    I say this only because I like anything muscle:-)
    Rep for
    🍀Celtic Labs
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I say this only because I like anything muscle:-)
    I got muscle, tony. Do you like me? ;-)
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Not me! I liked it, especially since it highlighted real events and even showed real evidence pics in the credits. It was just kinda misleading by the previews.. Still enjoyed the movie nonetheless.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

Tell me why this post made me think of Meet The Parents where he's like "well, I got nipples Focket.. Can you milk me?" :P
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pow_wow41 View Post

Tell me why this post made me think of Meet The Parents where he's like "well, I got nipples Focket.. Can you milk me?" :P
    That's what I had in mind , haha
  15. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    it's awful, saw it on friday....what a waste
    Considering there is hardly any movies about lifters, I liked it for that element alone.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  171 lbs.

It is like watching Fast & Furious just for the over the top attitude about cars.
  17. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Still waiting to go see it...

Mark was jacked, steroid style?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post

It's hard to tell.. He looked more water weight big. I'm gonna say he was around 200-205 & I'm pretty sure I heard he gained 40lbs since filming Ted so you be the judge.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

Oh yes I like you lol. In very much a straight way.
    Rep for
    🍀Celtic Labs
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post

It's hard to tell.. He looked more water weight big. I'm gonna say he was around 200-205 & I'm pretty sure I heard he gained 40lbs since filming Ted so you be the judge.
    Straight dbol deca carbs and sodium. 100% water buffalo. If he didn't put the weight on he wouldn't have been able to play along side of the rock. I'm pretty sure he was out of his mind on gear too though. I don't think I've seen him that big and lean before.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  21. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

Straight dbol deca carbs and sodium. 100% water buffalo. If he didn't put the weight on he wouldn't have been able to play along side of the rock. I'm pretty sure he was out of his mind on gear too though. I don't think I've seen him that big and lean before.
    Dwayne Johnson is goal physique
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think I read The Rock is only between 215-225? At 6'4 it's a decent size, but nothing crazy. I could be wrong, maybe I'll look into it a bit more.

I'm not taking anything away, guys a physical specimen. I think it's from being surrounded my near mortals that makes him seem larger than he really is,
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I think I read The Rock is only between 215-225? At 6'4 it's a decent size, but nothing crazy. I could be wrong, maybe I'll look into it a bit more.

I'm not taking anything away, guys a physical specimen. I think it's from being surrounded my near mortals that makes him seem larger than he really is,
    I just looked it up and his weight is between 265-275.....
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah he's a big mother... And lean to boot
    Independent Review
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

You guys ever see walberg's fckin in home gym! It's bigger and more equipped than most I've been to. Automatic bay doors n shyt too...

Rich people...
    Independent Review
  26. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    You guys ever see walberg's fckin in home gym! It's bigger and more equipped than most I've been to. Automatic bay doors n shyt too...

Rich people...
    Meh..ill let him have all those commodities. With the almost unlimited of access of human growth, he still disappoints as far as physique goes.
  27. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WeT.DoLPhiN View Post

Meh..ill let him have all those commodities. With the almost unlimited of access of human growth, he still disappoints as far as physique goes.
    95% of Americas women would disagree....
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I feel like this is more because of the roles he plays. I don't think Ted would have been the same if he was jacked out of his mind trying to play a stoner who has a talking teddy bear.
    Justin
    joh408 is taking Follidrone on a ride:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252416-joh408-taking-follidrone.html
  29. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

It looked like he worked out in Ted, not big, but you could tell he lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post

Word....
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Saw it last night. Funny and entertaining. It's was a good movie. The Rock was definitely looking beastly.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Use code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It was in an interview I saw. It was last week, I was on heavy pain meds. Maybe I was having delusions of granger?
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Think I may go see it tomorrow afternoon, movies are only $5 on Wednesday before 2
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    It was in an interview I saw. It was last week, I was on heavy pain meds. Maybe I was having delusions of granger?
    He was down to the 215-225 range a few years back, but packed on the mass once he started wrestling again.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  34. purebred

Am I the only one who just found out Taylor Swift is on AnabolicMinds?

Not going to lie. You sound like you're mad.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

I think I read somewhere or saw on TV that walberg walks around between 180-190 but had to cut down to 165 for Ted to look "normal". And he gained 40 lbs after Ted for pain and gain. So really it wouldn't be that unbelievable for him to get to 205-210 natty coming off a heavy cut for Ted. Could be wrong though just thinking out loud.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  36. New Member

One thing that did bother me was not the movie, but the audience. It was about 25% regular people, 25% lifters and 50% highschool douchebags in tanks yelling at the screen.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  140 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Its based off a true story. The two guys are currently on death row for their actions
  38. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBARMD View Post
    Its based off a true story. The two guys are currently on death row for their actions
    Still? Wasn't that like 18 years ago that they were convicted?
  39. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ahh man, I saw a preview for this watching G.I.Joe and really want to see it. The Rock looks insane, and walberg is really bulked up. Its funny how the Rock got really lean but didn't see a lot of him in the media but he is everywhere now that he is a giant
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

He was down to the 215-225 range a few years back, but packed on the mass once he started wrestling again.
    Ahhh so not totally lost, thanks rodja
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Do we really know the real Carl Lanore?
    By Mac45 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
  2. Do We Really Need to Take Vitamin Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 06:24 PM
  3. supps. we may not have thought of
    By JohnnieFreeze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 01:03 PM
  4. Do we really have to pay taxes?