Superbowl Picks

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

  1. Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post

    That's a fair point but when's the last time he had an elite/boarder line elite deep ball receiver. He sure threw a beautiful deep ball when Moss was wearing a patriots uniform
    I think it was more Moss making him look good than it was Brady making Moss look good.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

    I think it was more Moss making him look good than it was Brady making Moss look good.
    I hope thats a joke. Moss making Brady look good? Who else has moss made "look good" since he left the patriots. And last I checked, Brady is still killing and moss is a decoy. Lol this might be the worst comment on here
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post

    I hope thats a joke. Moss making Brady look good? Who else has moss made "look good" since he left the patriots. And last I checked, Brady is still killing and moss is a decoy. Lol this might be the worst comment on here
    Yes, you're absolutely right. Brady is killing the short, high percentage passes. Just like he has always done.

    Manning throws a deep ball, Brady throws an accurate, well practiced short game.

    Also, there is a reason they let Moss go when they did.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

    Yes, you're absolutely right. Brady is killing the short, high percentage passes. Just like he has always done.

    Manning throws a deep ball, Brady throws an accurate, well practiced short game.

    Also, there is a reason they let Moss go when they did.
    Brady can throw the deep ball if he has the deep threat. They have welker (slot artist), two TE's and Lloyd (the chem is just not there). And the only thing manning throws is picks when the playoffs come around. He's a pure choke artist; Jim Kelly reincarnated.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post

    Brady can throw the deep ball if he has the deep threat. They have welker (slot artist), two TE's and Lloyd (the chem is just not there). And the only thing manning throws is picks when the playoffs come around. He's a pure choke artist; Jim Kelly reincarnated.
    He's got a ring so he can't be that bog of a choke artist. Regardless, there is literally no denying that Manning is the better deep ball quarterback.

    And my point is that even when they had deep ball threat (moss), Brady was still a short game quarterback. That isn't to say he is incapable of throwing a deep ball, but it is outside of his area of expertise.

    As far as my recollection goes he has always been a high percentage passer. And it is obviously an offense that works very well for him.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by av6258 View Post
    Brady can throw the deep ball if he has the deep threat. They have welker (slot artist), two TE's and Lloyd (the chem is just not there). And the only thing manning throws is picks when the playoffs come around. He's a pure choke artist; Jim Kelly reincarnated.
    That was the point I was trying to make. Moss has been by far the best deep ball receiver Brady has ever had.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    He's got a ring so he can't be that bog of a choke artist. Regardless, there is literally no denying that Manning is the better deep ball quarterback.

    And my point is that even when they had deep ball threat (moss), Brady was still a short game quarterback. That isn't to say he is incapable of throwing a deep ball, but it is outside of his area of expertise.

    As far as my recollection goes he has always been a high percentage passer. And it is obviously an offense that works very well for him.
    I hear what you're saying, most of Brady's passes throughtout his career are in the short to intermediate but when he had Moss who had the capability to throw the deep ball and did so breaking the single season record for touchdown passes with 50 td with Moss catching nearly half with 23, also breaking Jerry Rice' record. Point being I guess, Brady hasn't exactly had an opportunity to show his deep ball much in his career.

    I was not happy with getting rid of Moss, him and Brady clearly had amazing chemistry from the get-go and Moss could have produced well for a few more years.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post

    I hear what you're saying, most of Brady's passes throughtout his career are in the short to intermediate but when he had Moss who had the capability to throw the deep ball and did so breaking the single season record for touchdown passes with 50 td with Moss catching nearly half with 23, also breaking Jerry Rice' record. Point being I guess, Brady hasn't exactly had an opportunity to show his deep ball much in his career.

    I was not happy with getting rid of Moss, him and Brady clearly had amazing chemistry from the get-go and Moss could have produced well for a few more years.
    I think that his lack of deep ball threats shows his coaching staffs lack of faith in his deep ball ability (or rather lack of a need for it)

    I think they realize that the short game with Brady is a winning formula, and are living the mantra of "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

    Its very possible that they have no need for the deep ball because high percentage passes are consistently getting it done for them.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

    I think that his lack of deep ball threats shows his coaching staffs lack of faith in his deep ball ability (or rather lack of a need for it)

    I think they realize that the short game with Brady is a winning formula, and are living the mantra of "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

    Its very possible that they have no need for the deep ball because high percentage passes are consistently getting it done for them.
    He has the ability to make all the the throws, he just doesn't have the personal. QBs who can't make all the throws dont last

  10. Okay so we know one team that will be playing for the Superbowl Ring is the 9ers but who will
    be facing them? Will it be the Ravens of Baltimore or the PAtriots of New England? That's what
    is being decided right now! What a great game so far I think Tom Brady has got this one!
    •   
       


  11. Where are those patriots at?
  12. Re: Superbowl Picks


    Sleeping apparently

  13. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Where are those patriots at?
    Yuck

  14. Okay okay so the New England Patriots aren't going to another super bowl. Big deal they have nothing to prove
    they have done it already three times in the past ten years so they will get back there again. I think Tom Brady
    played an awful game but he learned a lot about himself. He missed a lot of easy throws and will play better next time

  15. Lol.
    MY I-FORCE NUTRITION INTIMIDATE/REVERSITOL V2 SPONSORED LOG (PICS)

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202817-here-we-go-2.html

  16. So who are you guys pulling for to win it all this year? Who will it be? Will it be Colin Kapernick or Joe Flacco?
    I think I am pulling for the Baltimore Ravens just simply for the fact that Ray Lewis is retiring this year and I
    think he deserves another ring even though I think Tony Gonzalez deserved a ring too before he retired

  17. My guess is the same as it has been most of this year: 49ers

  18. I am hoping for the 49ers to win. I am because I do not want to see Joe Flacco win a Super Bowl
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html

  19. Im pulling for the Raves just because it's Lewis's last game.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

  20. I think that's a great choice to pull for the Baltimore Ravens just because it is the last game for Ray Lewis I mean the guy
    has done so much for the game of football and not only that he is probably the best linebacker in the history of football too
    I mean the guy makes tackles forces fumbles and get interceptions too he can do it all and we will be sad to see him go

  21. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1
    I think that's a great choice to pull for the Baltimore Ravens just because it is the last game for Ray Lewis I mean the guy
    has done so much for the game of football and not only that he is probably the best linebacker in the history of football too
    I mean the guy makes tackles forces fumbles and get interceptions too he can do it all and we will be sad to see him go
    LT is the best. No LT no Ray Lewis.

  22. Ravens all day!!!!!!!!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by ManimalPatB View Post
    Ravens all day!!!!!!!!
    Except for Superbowl Sunday.

  24. I think it's going to be a good game but I think in the end...... Kape is getting a ring!!

  25. I also think Colin Kapernick will get a ring and not one not two not three not four just like Lebron said..LOL I think
    this guy has a lot of rings in him for sure. I think he will win at least two super bowls in his career just because of
    his mechanics and running ability. HE is super smart with the football and very accurate with passing the ball
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. SuperBowl Picks
    By MuscleGauge1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 11:04 PM
  2. SuperBowl Pick Contest! Free Protein!
    By MuscleGauge1 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 11:39 PM
  3. early superbowl picks
    By gosox in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 03:49 PM
  4. Couture vs. Ortiz this friday, your pick?
    By Beta BBer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 08:55 AM
  5. Superbowl prediction
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 09:49 AM
Log in
Log in