Superbowl Picks

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let's be honest fellas. The bengals are winnin it all this year..

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Let's see what the Cincinatti Bengals do this post-season. They are playing the Houston Texans in an AFC Wild Card Game
and that will not be easy. This is the second time that they have played them in the post-season in two years so this should
be interesting for sure. I think they have a great quarterback and a great wide out in AJ Green just gotta watch the d

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm not hating on Houston I just don't think they will win it all this year not with Matt Schaub at quarterback. Not going to happen.
They need another QB to win it all. I don't think Houston can beat the PAtriots or the Denver Broncos at all I think they are struggling
lately and will have a tough time putting away Cincy. I see them winning in the end 24-17.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Yea they have a beastly team in Seattle but I'm not sure they can beat anyone in the playoffs. I'm not sure if Russell Wilson
is the quarterback for them. He has all the ability but I'm not sure if he can handle the pressure that's going to be thrown at
him in the playoffs. The playoffs is a totally different type of pressure. I think it definetely will depend on qB play
Wilson has already proved himself under pressure. The Hawks started off slowly. The low point of the season was losing what should have been an easy win in Miami. They had to play in Chicago after that. The Bears who were 8-4 at the time. Wilson really ended up proving himself and they won out the rest of the season after that, including two blowouts on the road and beating the crap out of the 49ers.

What I like about the Seahawks is that they play better as a complete​ team than anyone else in the NFL right now. All of us Seattle fans are still shaky about their play on the road, but I'd trust Wilson's confidence this weekend over the still somewhat ailing RGIII. I think the fact that Browner and Sherman will finally be back on the field together will give the team the confidence boost they need to win on the road.

av6258

av6258

Awards
Wilson has already proved himself under pressure. The Hawks started off slowly. The low point of the season was losing what should have been an easy win in Miami. They had to play in Chicago after that. The Bears who were 8-4 at the time. Wilson really ended up proving himself and they won out the rest of the season after that, including two blowouts on the road and beating the crap out of the 49ers.

What I like about the Seahawks is that they play better as a complete team than anyone else in the NFL right now. All of us Seattle fans are still shaky about their play on the road, but I'd trust Wilson's confidence this weekend over the still somewhat ailing RGIII. I think the fact that Browner and Sherman will finally be back on the field together will give the team the confidence boost they need to win on the road.
They won't win it all simply because they have to win 3 road games to get there. Ain't happening. I love Seattle though. Tough as nails

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
They won't win it all simply because they have to win 3 road games to get there. Ain't happening. I love Seattle though. Tough as nails
Might want to rethink that, both the steelers and the giants have both won a superbowls recently as 6 th seeds in the playoffs.

Your better off with saying they wont win with a rookie qb. I don't think any team has won with a rookie qb.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Baltimore. Ray lewis' last season, he fuggin wants it. Colts are going to be a breeze to run through, Andrew luck, rookie QB going up against a veteran D. No chance.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Baltimore. Ray lewis' last season, he fuggin wants it. Colts are going to be a breeze to run through, Andrew luck, rookie QB going up against a veteran D. No chance.
The redskins beat them with a rookie qb

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Without Lewis and not in the playoffs.

av6258

av6258

Awards
Might want to rethink that, both the steelers and the giants have both won a superbowls recently as 6 th seeds in the playoffs.

Your better off with saying they wont win with a rookie qb. I don't think any team has won with a rookie qb.
A combo of both really. Giants and steelers got lucky, but your right, they had ben and Eli two vets. I like Russell Wilson but no superbowl win in year 1

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Green Bay and New England

Any of you guys in the Anabolic Minds Pick 'Em league?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A combo of both really. Giants and steelers got lucky, but your right, they had ben and Eli two vets. I like Russell Wilson but no superbowl win in year 1
they all get alucky.

Superbowl is about the best playoff team that is peaking at the right time.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think one team that is peaking at the right time is the Colts. Andrew Luck might be the first quarterback to win the
Rookie of the Year award and the MVP award in the same year. Never been done before. He led his Colts to an 11-5
record and has them really playing good football right now. Im interested to see how they play the Ravens

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Without Lewis and not in the playoffs.
I agree with the latter, but not the former. Ravens are a good playoff team.Ray Lewis is now an average linebacker. He is the heart and soul of that team, but on the field he is a top 20 linebacker (considering olb and ilb)

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Still a good defense works as a unit. And he's an integral cog.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think one team that is peaking at the right time is the Colts. Andrew Luck might be the first quarterback to win the
Rookie of the Year award and the MVP award in the same year. Never been done before. He led his Colts to an 11-5
record and has them really playing good football right now. Im interested to see how they play the Ravens
18 Ints are not getting him MVP

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
18 Ints are not getting him MVP
Yeah, no Rookie of the Year either. RG III has more flash and Luck's numbers are much weaker than Wilson's. Luck's 76.5 passer rating and 54.1 completion percentage isn't going to win him any votes.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Okay so my New England Patriots have to play the Houston Texans again. I don't see this being a problem considering
they killed the Texans 45-14 earlier in the year. I think that they have a great chance to make it to the superbowl
again. They have Tom Brady who is probably the best qb this year along with star wrs and tes and a good rb.

JPSwole

JPSwole

Awards
It's gonna be the Patriots offense vs. Texans defense thats for sure

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
This post couldn't be totally serious right? Rookie of the year = slight chance, MVP = no way in hell... I'm not trying to be rude or anything but i cant help but be curious if you are relatively new to watching the NFL?

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This post couldn't be totally serious right? Rookie of the year = slight chance, MVP = no way in hell... I'm not trying to be rude or anything but i cant help but be curious if you are relatively new to watching the NFL?
Yea I wasn't serious. I think that he is a great quarterback but no way could he win Most Valuable Player at all.
I don't see that happening at all. I was just kidding bro dont worry and I have watched the NFL for years now.
I am an avid fan of the New England Patriots and really love tom Brady and how he plays

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Yea I wasn't serious. I think that he is a great quarterback but no way could he win Most Valuable Player at all.
I don't see that happening at all. I was just kidding bro dont worry and I have watched the NFL for years now.
I am an avid fan of the New England Patriots and really love tom Brady and how he plays
Word bro. I have much respect for Tom Brady. Closest thing to Montana in recent memory.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Word bro. I have much respect for Tom Brady. Closest thing to Montana in recent memory.
I also think that Tom Brady is the closest thing to Montana for sure. He is a living legend and deserves all the credit he gets.
I think that Tom Brady is the most accurate passer in the national football league. I think that he is getting to the superbowl this
year for sure. The New England Patriots have the most potent offense in the history of football this year.

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
I also think that Tom Brady is the closest thing to Montana for sure. He is a living legend and deserves all the credit he gets.
I think that Tom Brady is the most accurate passer in the national football league. I think that he is getting to the superbowl this
year for sure. The New England Patriots have the most potent offense in the history of football this year.
I dont feel the Pats have what it takes to escape the AFC this year especially with a red hot Broncos team in their path. Tom Brady is accurate but I would go with Rodgers if I was starting a franchise today. He just has a larger upside (scrambling ability) than Brady and can take hits (leads the league in sacks taken) and not get frazzled like Brady does. It's amazing why Rodgers has accomplished this year with a sub par O-line and weak ground game.

...keep in mind I am a 49ers fan and cringe every time I think about how we passed on him in the draft. Lol.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
That's an interesting outlook on the quarterback Tom Brady from the new england patriots. I think
you are right Aaron Rodgers can really take a hit and he has proven that this year but I think that
Tom Brady is way more accurate of a passer and your right Aaron's oline is sub par not like Brady's.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
WEll it looks like the red hot Broncos cooled off a bit they lost their game against the Baltimore Ravens
They are a team that had a lot of potential but they def. cooled off. I think the New England Patriots
have the best chance at winning the super bowl this year with Tom Brady playing lights out football

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WEll it looks like the red hot Broncos cooled off a bit they lost their game against the Baltimore Ravens
They are a team that had a lot of potential but they def. cooled off. I think the New England Patriots
have the best chance at winning the super bowl this year with Tom Brady playing lights out football
Lol you watch the last 49ers v Patriots game?

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yea I did watch that game but trust me that was a fluck bro the Patriots still almost came back anyways in the end.
They just cant get down 28 points and expect to win the game but they definetely came back so it was just a fluke.
I think Tom Brady will play better next time around and he plays great in pressure situations too. He's the man

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I did watch that game but trust me that was a fluck bro the Patriots still almost came back anyways in the end.
They just cant get down 28 points and expect to win the game but they definetely came back so it was just a fluke.
I think Tom Brady will play better next time around and he plays great in pressure situations too. He's the man
I think he'll have to just to keep up with the kind of ball the 49ers have been playing.

Its barely even a question how that game would go. 49ers would wax the pats again.

av6258

av6258

Awards
I think he'll have to just to keep up with the kind of ball the 49ers have been playing.

Its barely even a question how that game would go. 49ers would wax the pats again.
No one is waxing anyone. If the pats get to the superbowl (big IF cause I know b'more is pissed after lasts years BS) it will be a close one. I feel like if they go there for the second straight time and it's not the giants they have a good shot at winning. It should be tight. I know Kaepernick is balling but the SB is a whole 'nother animal

av6258

av6258

Awards
I dont feel the Pats have what it takes to escape the AFC this year especially with a red hot Broncos team in their path. Tom Brady is accurate but I would go with Rodgers if I was starting a franchise today. He just has a larger upside (scrambling ability) than Brady and can take hits (leads the league in sacks taken) and not get frazzled like Brady does. It's amazing why Rodgers has accomplished this year with a sub par O-line and weak ground game.

...keep in mind I am a 49ers fan and cringe every time I think about how we passed on him in the draft. Lol.
Why do u people continue to knock tom Brady? Frazzled? The guy has 3 chips.

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Why do u people continue to knock tom Brady? Frazzled? The guy has 3 chips.
U people? lol Not knocking him at all. In fact, if you read my other posts I praise Tom Brady. It is a fact that when he is pressured he tends to struggle a lot more which is due to his lack of mobility. Well aware he has three rings but also has lost two and lets just say Adam Vinitarie had a huge hand in those victories.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think that Tom Brady is a perfect pocket passer and can throw the deep ball with the best in the league.
I also feel like he is protected better than any quarterback in the entire league and that helps a lot but
you have to give the guy some credit for sure. He is the best quarterback left in the playoffs for sure.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that Tom Brady is a perfect pocket passer and can throw the deep ball with the best in the league.
I also feel like he is protected better than any quarterback in the entire league and that helps a lot but
you have to give the guy some credit for sure. He is the best quarterback left in the playoffs for sure.
I dont think he throws an impressive deep ball at all. He's a high percentage passer, short slants are his money ball.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I like your style ;)

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I dont think he throws an impressive deep ball at all. He's a high percentage passer, short slants are his money ball.
That's a fair point but when's the last time he had an elite/boarder line elite deep ball receiver. He sure threw a beautiful deep ball when Moss was wearing a patriots uniform

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a fair point but when's the last time he had an elite/boarder line elite deep ball receiver. He sure threw a beautiful deep ball when Moss was wearing a patriots uniform
I think it was more Moss making him look good than it was Brady making Moss look good.

av6258

av6258

Awards
I think it was more Moss making him look good than it was Brady making Moss look good.
I hope thats a joke. Moss making Brady look good? Who else has moss made "look good" since he left the patriots. And last I checked, Brady is still killing and moss is a decoy. Lol this might be the worst comment on here

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope thats a joke. Moss making Brady look good? Who else has moss made "look good" since he left the patriots. And last I checked, Brady is still killing and moss is a decoy. Lol this might be the worst comment on here
Yes, you're absolutely right. Brady is killing the short, high percentage passes. Just like he has always done.

Manning throws a deep ball, Brady throws an accurate, well practiced short game.

Also, there is a reason they let Moss go when they did.

av6258

av6258

Awards
Yes, you're absolutely right. Brady is killing the short, high percentage passes. Just like he has always done.

Manning throws a deep ball, Brady throws an accurate, well practiced short game.

Also, there is a reason they let Moss go when they did.
Brady can throw the deep ball if he has the deep threat. They have welker (slot artist), two TE's and Lloyd (the chem is just not there). And the only thing manning throws is picks when the playoffs come around. He's a pure choke artist; Jim Kelly reincarnated.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brady can throw the deep ball if he has the deep threat. They have welker (slot artist), two TE's and Lloyd (the chem is just not there). And the only thing manning throws is picks when the playoffs come around. He's a pure choke artist; Jim Kelly reincarnated.
He's got a ring so he can't be that bog of a choke artist. Regardless, there is literally no denying that Manning is the better deep ball quarterback.

And my point is that even when they had deep ball threat (moss), Brady was still a short game quarterback. That isn't to say he is incapable of throwing a deep ball, but it is outside of his area of expertise.

As far as my recollection goes he has always been a high percentage passer. And it is obviously an offense that works very well for him.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
That was the point I was trying to make. Moss has been by far the best deep ball receiver Brady has ever had.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
He's got a ring so he can't be that bog of a choke artist. Regardless, there is literally no denying that Manning is the better deep ball quarterback.

And my point is that even when they had deep ball threat (moss), Brady was still a short game quarterback. That isn't to say he is incapable of throwing a deep ball, but it is outside of his area of expertise.

As far as my recollection goes he has always been a high percentage passer. And it is obviously an offense that works very well for him.
I hear what you're saying, most of Brady's passes throughtout his career are in the short to intermediate but when he had Moss who had the capability to throw the deep ball and did so breaking the single season record for touchdown passes with 50 td with Moss catching nearly half with 23, also breaking Jerry Rice' record. Point being I guess, Brady hasn't exactly had an opportunity to show his deep ball much in his career.

I was not happy with getting rid of Moss, him and Brady clearly had amazing chemistry from the get-go and Moss could have produced well for a few more years.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear what you're saying, most of Brady's passes throughtout his career are in the short to intermediate but when he had Moss who had the capability to throw the deep ball and did so breaking the single season record for touchdown passes with 50 td with Moss catching nearly half with 23, also breaking Jerry Rice' record. Point being I guess, Brady hasn't exactly had an opportunity to show his deep ball much in his career.

I was not happy with getting rid of Moss, him and Brady clearly had amazing chemistry from the get-go and Moss could have produced well for a few more years.
I think that his lack of deep ball threats shows his coaching staffs lack of faith in his deep ball ability (or rather lack of a need for it)

I think they realize that the short game with Brady is a winning formula, and are living the mantra of "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

Its very possible that they have no need for the deep ball because high percentage passes are consistently getting it done for them.

av6258

av6258

Awards
I think that his lack of deep ball threats shows his coaching staffs lack of faith in his deep ball ability (or rather lack of a need for it)

I think they realize that the short game with Brady is a winning formula, and are living the mantra of "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

Its very possible that they have no need for the deep ball because high percentage passes are consistently getting it done for them.
He has the ability to make all the the throws, he just doesn't have the personal. QBs who can't make all the throws dont last

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Okay so we know one team that will be playing for the Superbowl Ring is the 9ers but who will
be facing them? Will it be the Ravens of Baltimore or the PAtriots of New England? That's what
is being decided right now! What a great game so far I think Tom Brady has got this one!