Sexless marriage!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlyCamaro

Awards
Hey guys, I dont post to much but I am feeling pretty down. I am wondering if anyone here is going or has gone through this ( sexless marriage) I have been married for 7 years, together for 9 and have a little girl! For the last 3 years my wife has let her self go, let our once great sexlife go and I am lost! I am in great shape, very muscular and good looking guy and I have always got the job done in the sack! But her desire is GONE!!! I have voiced my opinion many times over the last few years and nothing has changed! I feel stuck, but I have a baby girl to take car of now, how do I leave! Why would a woman who says she loves me, not do the things she needs to do for US!!! She makes excuses about work and bills bla bla bla... its a copout to be lazy and not put in effort and try! I dont know what to do... I am tired of feeling this way! I have turned down sex from other woman to stay faithfull but I feel that slipping away, I want to cheat at this point! I dont know if this is a good place for this post, but I felt like I had to get this out of my system!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I hope it gets worked out. Hopefully you are able to sit down as a couple and discuss some things. I don't think cheating is at all the thing to do. Sex is a very important part of a marriage but it isn't the only part. I hope she can find the marriage important enough to talk things out and make some adjustments. Maybe try to do something crazy and creative to turn her on.

I pray it all ends up working out.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a video we watch when we go on couples retreats as part of the military. It may be worth you and your wife sitting down and watching it, and using it as a guide to how you to are with each other during the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uVv_2d-9FA

Hope this can help!

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
why dont you just rub her thigh, lick her ear, kiss her neck, caress her nipples, **** like that to turn her on. if that dont work, then just roll over in bed and fart on her. works for me all the time

Red9

Red9

Awards
why dont you just rub her thigh, lick her ear, kiss her neck, caress her nipples, **** like that to turn her on. if that dont work, then just roll over in bed and fart on her. works for me all the time
Hahahaha damnnn homie this just have me a good laugh. "roll over and fart on her, works for me all the time"

alex beta

alex beta

Awards
You can go to terapy or check if her hormonal output its ok but .... Im sorry to say this if she dont want You in bed its because youre not in her heart a woman in Love is a woman comitted whit her men so stop jerking off and find a real relationship someone who really cares about You

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If she won't give it to you, just take it from her.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can go to terapy or check if her hormonal output its ok but .... Im sorry to say this if she dont want You in bed its because youre not in her heart a woman in Love is a woman comitted whit her men so stop jerking off and find a real relationship someone who really cares about You

Honestly, this is very legit advice. If she is willing, and you may need to convey to her how important it is to you, and be extremely sensative/supportive, get seen medically and have her hormones etc checked out. If they are not right, it could be as simple of a fix as medication. If they are all normal, consider going to therapy. It can be just her, or both together, or a back and forth of the two.

The sad thing is when people do not do what they know they need to do and rather let something fail.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
First is try to make sure something isn't physically wrong hormone, thyroid , etc.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Awesome!

To OP, have you tried taking her on a date? Maybe plan something to relieve her stress. Go hunting, camping with her or simple shoot something with her. Always works for me to get my women out of a slump.

R3ACTION

R3ACTION

Awards
My wife and I had back to back babies. Literally she was pregnant 4 weeks after my daughter was born. Her hormones got way our of whack and it took a long time for libido to come back to normal. I'd say a marriage is an investment and you have to put in the hard work for a return. There were days I was down right unhappy but things leveled out. Being unhappy in a marriage can be an awful season but eventually that season will change. Those vows aren't always respected these days as they once were. But you are the one who committed to them and need to find a way to make it work.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife and I had back to back babies. Literally she was pregnant 4 weeks after my daughter was born. Her hormones got way our of whack and it took a long time for libido to come back to normal. I'd say a marriage is an investment and you have to put in the hard work for a return. There were days I was down right unhappy but things leveled out. Being unhappy in a marriage can be an awful season but eventually that season will change. Those vows aren't always respected these days as they once were. But you are the one who committed to them and need to find a way to make it work.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/
I was actually just reccomended this book the other day. Was going to start it after I finished up Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
First thing, I was in the same boat as you for about a year and a half I refused to have sex with my wife. I got so angry with here with some of the things I thought she wasent doing right in our relationship I didnt want anything to do with here. The biggest thing you need to do is sit down and talk !!! Ask her what you might be doing in your life thats dosent make her happy, are you playing video games more then spending time with here, hanging out with friends, not helping with chours around the house. If you want here to do something for you you have to do something for her. Im on a phone right now so im gonna cut this a little short, you want to get her panties wet, wait till shes out of the house for a whole day and clean the entire thing top to bottom, or build/get her something shes wanted for the house for a while now. Lastly, start buying her a small buqet of flowers once a week, and you put them in a vase for her some where through out the house. This stuff may not work at first but give it a month or two, dont give up man. Always remember the most important thing in this situation is your daughter having a loving family thats the greatest thing you.can give here severthing else is second place. Im routin for ya man hope everything works out for you.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
OK I know what you are dealing with my friend. I was in a situation a lot like yours. I was married for almost 7 years and the last 4 was hell to be honest. We had kids and yes she didnt work, spent all hours of the day on facebook and tv and finding ways to spend money. We have twin boys together. The last 4 years sex was non existing. I know it sucks and at times its hurt full. The whole time you think, whats wrong with me?
Come to find out we just grew apart ,also she was talking and seeing others ( I found this out later ).
Let me tell you what I did, I talked to a friend she had been my friend for years and I trusted her. When I figured out that I am not whats wrongs with this, I told her I wanted out. The hurt and lonelyness had took its toll. I needed to find me and be happy, with sex or without. It was hard for me and my kids, But In the end I was happy. I ended up getting back into the gym lost over 45 lbs and was back in the lifestyle I learned to love so much. I spent the next year not even worrying about sex ( Yea I was getting it ) but I spent time getting me and my kids where I wanted.

I got the friend and girl off my dreams now, asked for her hand almost one year ago, We are now married and I couldnt have imagined a marriage this great. We are talking about having a kid of our own now. I truly am blessed.

What I am saying is this. When You are not happy, you need to make YOU happy. Nobody else can do it for you. You should talk and see what is truly going on with her first, break plates and punch walls if needed but,! Make sure you take time to listen to what You are really Needing, not just wanting I dont know if this will help or not but good luck and keep us posted we got your back bro!

SlyCamaro

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys... Yes I have tried allot of things, like clean the hole house, detail her car, ect. I end up trying things like that and my return is "thanks, what else did you do today" its just never enough... the more I try the more I am let down!!! I endend up telling her lastnight that I need her to make a change, that I want her to get back into shape and start taking me more serious! I endend it by telling her I refuse to have another baby with her and this marriage is not going to make it this way unless these thing change! I have had many conversations like this with her before, but this time I made sure she was listening!! I am going to leave this in her hands, I will continue to try and to be a good husband but if she does not step up I am worried we wont make it! With her track record over the last few years, my hopes are not high, and this I am very sad for! I dont understand how a woman that wanted to be married and have a family, let her own marrige get into the dumps and not make a real effort to get it back to what it was... What a joke!

SlyCamaro

Awards
Another thing about what a person needs... Sex is a big part of being with a woman to me, it makes or breaks things and how close you feel to her! I have always been with a woman that was in shape and had a good drive, when you spend 3 years like I have I know feel like I am wasting away whats left of my youth and shape on someone that does not want to be with me anymore! I feel she is so depressed with how bad she let her self go, that me staying in shape only has made it worse! So why not woman up, and do what she needs to do!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I didn't read the other responses, so some of this may have already be covered.

I am somewhat of an expert on this; seriously. I was married to the most sexually selfish woman in the world for 27 years. It was awful I did everything, and I mean everything to try to change things. Nothing worked.

The more I tried and the more things failed; the more resentful I became.

So what did I learn from that? You can only change yourself.

Whatever you do - do it soon so that the resentment you have towards her (and you have it), doesn't erode the entire relationship (and it will). The relatively small percentage of time you are in bed together will dominate all of the rest of the entire relationship. That unhappiness will kill the relationship.

Thankfully, in my case - we are now divorced, after having put up with that crap for all of my adult life. While I am happy I filed for divorce and eventually got rid of her - I truly hate divorce.

But in my case, I had very good and biblical reasons. She committed adultery with her best friend's husband and then several years later, she committed adultery again with her boss (they both worked at our church). So, she withheld sex from me, and gave it to two other guys. I am sure she will continue this with her new husband. It isn't about the sex; it is about the control.

After her first affair, we went to extensive counseling to deal with this. We counseled with a true expert; a man who has written two books on adultery and lectures throughout the US.

His conclusion, while we both had unmet needs in the relationship (which is the case on 100% of marriages), she was a narcissist, had attachment disorder, flirted with me to feed her narcissism, and she acknowledged she withheld sex as punishment and for control.

First - DO NOT CHEAT ON YOUR WIFE. Regardless of anything else, you have to maintain your character. People who chat on their spouses are selfish pigs.

Second - go to counseling. Spend whatever you can afford to fix it, it will be less costly than a divorce.

Third - do not keep a sexual scorecard. If you do, you will probably wind up killing her.

Fourth - working with your counselor, set boundaries and limits. Let her know that you are very unhappy and (if this is true) willing to divorce her.

Don't "leave it in her hands" - she won't do jack crap and she isn't the one complaining; you are. YOU need to FIND a counselor; not expect her to solve it. She can't solve it. She won't solve it.

Whatever you do - be up front and be a man.

My guess is that she may be passive/aggressive and passively getting even for something you did, something you didn't do, something she thinks you should have done, etc.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man I've been through what you have. I wasn't married to her but we were engaged and stuff. She didn't want sex due to money issues that made her depressed. But I NEVER cheated on her. I was down,depressed, very low self esteem. Then we broke up. I'm getting back in shape, I'm spending money on me and my dates and I couldn't be happier. When the above posters say do what you need to do for YOU, definitely do it. Staying in an unhappy marriage will only kill you man.

SlyCamaro

Awards
Thanks guys, the sad thing here is that I have never seen anyone actually work though this....they end up in divorce or breakup! I know for a fact I cant live like this forever, she attacks me when I bring this stuff up! I tell her I will do what she needs me to do if she puts in the same effort and she acts like thats a negitive thing, I think she actually is just fine with how things are and would live the rest of her life like this! Not ME!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Think about what you've just said:

"she attacks me when I bring this stuff up! I tell her I will do what she needs me to do if she puts in the same effort and she acts like thats a negitive thing, I think she actually is just fine with how things are and would live the rest of her life like this!"

And this is the person who you will
"leave it in her hands" to fix?

Is it just me, or is that the worst possible thing you could do? She will fail, using your criteria.

I am not trying to be a d!ck, but I do not think you can fix this, nor do I think she can - you need someone who "does this".

If you had cancer what would you do? Would you leave cancer in her hands to fix? Would you leave cancer in your hands to fix?

I hope not. You would go to an oncologist.

You do have a cancer; in your marriage.

And, I read that you have children. Once that is the case, the "if we don't have sex, I'll divorce you" essentially becomes a last resort; unless, of course, you look forward to some other man raising your child and your paying child support until the child is 18. And that is the least of it, your child will suffer.

As to fixing it yourself, you might want to remember what Albert Einstein said: "Insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever sat down and asked here, since she dosent want to have sex with you, if its all right for you to have one night stands/ humping budy? And if she gets angry about it ask her why, she obviously dosent like sex herself other wise she would do it with you. Or if theres something she really likes to do (go to the movies, hobby) tell her she has to give it up, why is it fair that she can enjoy something she likes and you have to suffer. To me theres a huge underlying issue here you need to find. With holding sex usually means someone has resentment for someone else because they dont really want to be around that person and sexual intamacy is the ultimate form of togetherness.

SlyCamaro

Awards
Well a little update, the issue seems to be she is just does not feel attractive because of the wieght gain over the years, and does not know why I would even want to have sex with her at this point! But then why do nothing to get back into shape, she has said this before but does nothing about it!!! After 2 days of going at each other about this... she says she wants me to write her up a weight loose and workout plan! So I will do this and will help her, I hope she sticks to doing this because I basicaly told her were not going to make it like this!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well a little update, the issue seems to be she is just does not feel attractive because of the wieght gain over the years, and does not know why I would even want to have sex with her at this point! But then why do nothing to get back into shape, she has said this before but does nothing about it!!! After 2 days of going at each other about this... she says she wants me to write her up a weight loose and workout plan! So I will do this and will help her, I hope she sticks to doing this because I basicaly told her were not going to make it like this!
So, she "wants me to write her up a weight loose and workout plan" and yet you know - after two years of experience that she will not pursue and follow this plan (otherwise she would have taken these steps already herself), and that is the magic solution?

I can see that you will come up with a plan (thinking she will lose weight and you will have more and better sexual relations, after all that is what she said), and she will probably not follow it.

My ex-wife said the same thing - it never went anywhere. For example, she asked me probably 20 times to put a supplement plan together for her and buy the supplements for her. I did (each of the 20 times); after all - this would lead to more and better sexual relations, right? Isn't that what she said?.

SHE NEVER TOOK THE SUPPLEMENTS. THERE WAS ALWAYS AN EXCUSE.

This is the magic solution?

No way.

I wonder how all of the other women with body issues (close to 100%, I assume) but who have a healthy libido seem to do it?

You backed her into a corner by forcing the issue, so she put the responsibility back on you.

Look, I've heard all of these types of excuses before.

I have heard every excuse from she doesn't feel sexy because of her small breasts, to she thought "all I wanted her for was for sex", to her admitting she was "sexually selfish", and "now understand that men actually need sex" etc. Each discussion lead to a new promise; one that was never fulfilled - and that she made no attempts to fulfill.

This went on for 27 years. 27 years. And, of course, I wanted to believe it would work "this time"?

If you have ever seen the Charlie Brown cartoon strip/cartoons, then you might know that the character "Lucy" always promises to hold the football for Charlie Brown, so he can run up and kick the football. Each time she promises not to pull the ball away, but each time she pulls the ball away - on purpose. Each time she pulls the ball away, he goes flying into the air and crashes to the ground. And each time she promises to never pull the ball away again.

You see, Charlie Brown also hopes and trusts that it will be different "this time".

We did the Charlie/Lucy thing for 27 years. I'll leave it up to you to determine if the Charlie/Lucy situation applies to you.

I continue to strongly urge that the two of you will continue the same dance until you resent her so tremendously that you eventually can't stand her and will sabotage the relationship.

I suppose that is an option; but it isn't one I am optimistic about.

Did you ask her to go to counseling?

SlyCamaro

Awards
Ya I agree with you, I am not holding my breath and you most likely are right! I will end up destroying the relationship because of my feelings of being put to the side!!! At this point I feel its going to work or it wont, and if it ends up with us being in the same boat... then I am going to look like the *******! I will live with it I guess, but what I cant live with is this situation I am in! I thank you Bro's for talking this out with me, it has helped for sure.

wtmdcg91

wtmdcg91

Awards
From a woman's point of view here.. You need to look a little deeper to your problem. She needs to check her hormones to see if everything is up where they need to be not knowing how old you both are is hard to tell. Also she may suffer from a mild depression cause of hormones ... and the worst of all maybe she don't feel the same about you anymore. Is a complex problem and you both need to get to solve....
Good luck

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From a woman's point of view here.. You need to look a little deeper to your problem. She needs to check her hormones to see if everything is up where they need to be not knowing how old you both are is hard to tell. Also she may suffer from a mild depression cause of hormones ... and the worst of all maybe she don't feel the same about you anymore. Is a complex problem and you both need to get to solve....
Good luck
I agree; 100%.

Emotional and/or hormonal issues are bonafide medical concerns.

BTW - we did that, too. Everything was fine, each time.

SlyCamaro

Awards
Well I think she does have mild depresson becuase shes not what she used to be, she has always been hard on herself about her weight even when she looked great! Also if she does not feel the same about me, then why not tell me and we can both move on with our lives! Even if that is true she wont fess up to it... I have never been that A hole that would complain about gaing 10-15 pounds ethier... She is now 30 years old and about 50lbs more then she was 3 years ago, I am 32! She has been getting worse with the sex drive for about 5 years and the weight just piled on!

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
Hey guys, I dont post to much but I am feeling pretty down. I am wondering if anyone here is going or has gone through this ( sexless marriage) I have been married for 7 years, together for 9 and have a little girl! For the last 3 years my wife has let her self go, let our once great sexlife go and I am lost! I am in great shape, very muscular and good looking guy and I have always got the job done in the sack! But her desire is GONE!!! I have voiced my opinion many times over the last few years and nothing has changed! I feel stuck, but I have a baby girl to take car of now, how do I leave! Why would a woman who says she loves me, not do the things she needs to do for US!!! She makes excuses about work and bills bla bla bla... its a copout to be lazy and not put in effort and try! I dont know what to do... I am tired of feeling this way! I have turned down sex from other woman to stay faithfull but I feel that slipping away, I want to cheat at this point! I dont know if this is a good place for this post, but I felt like I had to get this out of my system!
Here is the deal man, don't Compromise your character and try to work it out . Im going to drop some serious knowledge on you and need to follow my advise if you really want to save your marriage. In most cases relationships dont workout because Your love tank or your wifes love tank is not being filled, sounds gay, but let me explain.

Im not sure what your guys dynamic is but as time goes on all relationships go through trials and tribulations. In most cases it the us (the person complaining) that needs to change. So look in the mirror and find out what you are doing different. Alot of the time we think that we are loving our spouse the best way possible but the reality is we are not loving our spouse the way they want to be loved. There are 5 love languages that everyone speaks.

1) Acts of Service- Doing dishes, washing the car, cleaning the house, mowing the lawn ETC.
2) Gifts- Presents, jewelry, giving something as a surprise etc
3) Words of Affirmation- Hey baby, I believe in you, you are so great at this..., you look pretty or handsome, something nice and from the heart
4) Time- Spending time with that person doing what they want to do
5) Touch- hugging, messaging, showing love in public (holding hands) sincere love in your touch.. Doesn't have to be sexual

These five are all that we do and like having done to us. In most cases we do to others as we like to be done to ourselves but that is selfish.

Perfect example: The successful CEO who travels all of the time to take of his family and provide (ACTS of SERVICE). He thinks he is doing the right thing but his wife hates that he travels and wants him home with the family more (TIME) even if it means less money. He thinks he is loving her in the right way cause that is how he would want to be loved in his eyes but he has to understand that his wife speaks a different love language so they have a bad marriage, she wont have sex with him anymore because she is internally mad and so he decides to cheat, they break up and do it all over again with a different person and have a bad marriage again. This is very common in today s society.

The point I'm making is that you need to try this for a couple weeks and lets see what happens. You know what her love language is because it is what she does all of the time and asks you to do all of the time. Do it! Even if it means you are inconvenienced. Let me know if that makes sense and I can explain more if necessary. Be the husband you would want your daughter to have. Our actions wont hurt us in most cases but our passed down to our kids and they suffer for our actions. Be a man of Character.

bobtail

Awards
Man, I went through this same exact thing 18 years ago. In hindsight, I can't honestly tell you what went wrong. We just kind of fell out of "lust" with each other. The love was still there and it's sounds like it is for you guys, too. We divorced and both eventually remarried. What was weird is that we both went into super sex drive mode when we broke up! We had a few ex-sex moments that were off the chain!
Maybe we should have just separated, ****ed some other people, and got back together. Wish I had more for you but mine just ended in divorce which ended up being a really good thing.

david_golds

Awards
From your comments, you seem to be thinking about this only from your own perspective. It sounds like you want sex, and you see your wife as a sort of ATM machine where you just have to push the right buttons (clean the yard, say the right things, etc.) and sex will fall out. If she feels that you're simply trying to persuade or cajole her to get what you want, and that you're reacting with a frustrated sense of entitlement and whining when you don't get what you want, that might explain her coldness.

It may just be that she has no sex drive. And if she does have a drive, it may be that her fantasies don't include you. Either way, you ought to spend some time trying to figure out what she really wants. For what it's worth, asking her point-blank probably isn't a great way to get the information, especially if you've been acting victimized and making her feel unsafe to say things that might hurt you more.

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
Love is a action word and takes work every day. Its something you do and NOT something you feel. The love part doesn't actually start for 2-3 years after your relationship begins. That first two years are the emotion part (lust). People are always seeking that feeling that they first had and that's the problem. You wont have that again. You have something better then that if you open your eyes and remember why you chose her/him in the first place. Everyone wants the easy way (thinking with your dick) and no one likes hard work anymore (doing whats right).

I have found that pu$$y is pu$$y, but love is something much deeper.

rayjay

rayjay

Awards
I still never saw any response to questions about seeing a counselor. Is it possible you want it to fail because you feel resentful already and just want a "good reason" to get out? Because your attitude seems to be "she needs to or else" and a counselor could help you see both sides of this story, and feel a little more compassion and love for your wife, who sounds like she is struggling.

bobtail

Awards
The ex and I were married for 16 years. I forgot to add that part. We lived without sex for 3 years. I had a good friend at the time who was in a sexless marriage for well over 10 years! I have to say it won't get better on it's own. I'll give her a call and see what she says. I would guess it was because she had no identity other than mom and wife. Once she got free, she really got herself back. Does your wife work outside the home?

SlyCamaro

Awards
She is a child counsler her self, lots of schooling! Were are very tight on money so I really dont think we can afford one... I mean a big part of this is in the beginning she started giving less effection as well, the hole thing kinda came down all at once. Then eventually the crash happen, I spent the first 2 years trying to do everything... when I would come home I would try and hold her and kiss her every day! She would pull away from me and I just could not understand this, when I say something she says I sound like a girl!!! That was the very start, soon after the sex drive fell off but we still had good sex when we did. Now with the weight gain the sex is not good even when we do, I lost my attraction and I am already resentfull for all of this! Trust me when I say I miss all of it, its not just the sex... its that connection when you look at each other and all else falls into place! I have told also told her its not just the sex, it the hole pagacke of being in love with someone.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
She is a child counsler her self, lots of schooling! Were are very tight on money so I really dont think we can afford one... I mean a big part of this is in the beginning she started giving less effection as well, the hole thing kinda came down all at once. Then eventually the crash happen, I spent the first 2 years trying to do everything... when I would come home I would try and hold her and kiss her every day! She would pull away from me and I just could not understand this, when I say something she says I sound like a girl!!! That was the very start, soon after the sex drive fell off but we still had good sex when we did. Now with the weight gain the sex is not good even when we do, I lost my attraction and I am already resentfull for all of this! Trust me when I say I miss all of it, its not just the sex... its that connection when you look at each other and all else falls into place! I have told also told her its not just the sex, it the hole pagacke of being in love with someone.
"Were are very tight on money so I really dont think we can afford one... "

You can pay now, or pay later.

My relatively simple divorce cost me $19K in Atty's fees; just mine.
I wrote her a $200K check for 1/2 the equity in the house.
I paid $2500/mo. for child support and "spousal" support. That was only for 1 child; the other two children were over 18.

Do the math.

P.S. - I think you meant whole package.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
rayjay

rayjay

Awards
I hate to ask, but is it possible she cheated? I had an engagement that felt a bit like you are describing your marriage... She was having a shotgun wedding a month later to someone else. I don't understand why else someone would just turn off to you unless there is someone else. But that's probably just because of my experience

Also, since you say it happened all at once, was it right after a fight? Is there something that happened that wasn't resolved? Did she catch you looking at porn? I don't really get it.

See a counselor > cheaper than divorce every time. You won't show her your marriage means anything to you if you don't push to fix it

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
Has she been like this since you met her? Maybe she was sexually abused as a child.. or sexually assaulted.. that can cause those kinds of problems.

It could be that she has some body image issues as well.. maybe depression or anxiety?

You need to put her needs ahead of yours right now and take the time to find out what's wrong with her. If she can't talk about it, tell her to write you a letter.

There are tons of possibilities of what it could be.. But you need to figure it out if you want your marriage to work out.

Her being on FB all day and not doing the household chores isn't acceptable, especially if you're the one bringing home the bacon.

If talking and counseling doesn't help, as a last resort.. think about a trial separation?

Good luck to you.

wtmdcg91

wtmdcg91

Awards
Well I think she does have mild depresson becuase shes not what she used to be, she has always been hard on herself about her weight even when she looked great! Also if she does not feel the same about me, then why not tell me and we can both move on with our lives! Even if that is true she wont fess up to it... I have never been that A hole that would complain about gaing 10-15 pounds ethier... She is now 30 years old and about 50lbs more then she was 3 years ago, I am 32! She has been getting worse with the sex drive for about 5 years and the weight just piled on!
Again from a woman's point of you ... The problem lies between the 2 of you . I suggest counseling for both to allow hidden feelings to come out and once both of you express your likes , dislikes and desires maybe you can either reconcile or move on .
Good luck

BY the way everyone's story here is not yours !! we all different and unique with are problems.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
A woman's main sex organ is between her ears.
You need to talk to her and listen to her, like a few others suggested I encourage you to seek out a therapist.
What your wife wants, and what you think she wants may not be the same thing.
Often simply unloading the dishwasher will get you a lot further, than having 18" arms and 5% bodyfat.
Good luck
Peace

Jawbreaker24

Jawbreaker24

Awards
A woman's main sex organ is between her ears.
You need to talk to her and listen to her, like a few others suggested I encourage you to seek out a therapist.
What your wife wants, and what you think she wants may not be the same thing.
Often simply unloading the dishwasher will get you a lot further, than having 18" arms and 5% bodyfat.
Good luck
Peace
Spot on brother, guys have paid thousands of dollars to a counselor, for what this brother said right here. ^^^

"Victory is Reserved for those willing to pay its price"

~Unknown~

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
Okay, so I went back and skimmed over the other posts.

I have been in her situation.

Try: "Hunny, you're beautiful. I love you. You don't have to work out to be attractive to me. I probably expect too much from you, and I'm sorry for pressuring you. I've scheduled a date night for us. And no, it's not because I want sex. I just want you to be happy."

You made vows to love her through sickness and health.. so, follow through with it! Don't expect her to put out right away.. it's going to take some effort on your part.

Don't make her think she has to look perfect and work out - that will only make her resent you more.

Focus on her emotional needs.. and once those are met, I can guarantee you'll get some action.

Make her feel beautiful.. even if she's "over weight" - motivation does not come from criticism.

rayjay

rayjay

Awards
Okay, so I went back and skimmed over the other posts.

I have been in her situation.

Try: "Hunny, you're beautiful. I love you. You don't have to work out to be attractive to me. I probably expect too much from you, and I'm sorry for pressuring you. I've scheduled a date night for us. And no, it's not because I want sex. I just want you to be happy."

You made vows to love her through sickness and health.. so, follow through with it! Don't expect her to put out right away.. it's going to take some effort on your part.

Don't make her think she has to look perfect and work out - that will only make her resent you more.

Focus on her emotional needs.. and once those are met, I can guarantee you'll get some action.

Make her feel beautiful.. even if she's "over weight" - motivation does not come from criticism.
^^^good stuff. Pressure makes it worse! My wife was overweight and I always tried to make sure she felt beautiful. I didn't understand why she wouldn't want to take care of herself for me, but I tried very hard to have compassion for whatever she was going through then. You must cultivate the plant and provide nourishment if you want it to grow.

I thought maybe I was giving her a pass and enabling her to let herself go as things didn't change right away, and in fact she kept getting bigger and was not very nice to me. But after a while she got up and made changes on her own and was so sweet to me and grateful that I loved her and treated her just as kindly at 200 lbs with a b****y attitude... even though I didn't always want to. Our relationship went from frustrating to fantastic over the year or so it took her to re-discover herself.

If she is depressed, stop beating her up more and get her help. Pressuring her and telling her what she does wrong will increase her depression and drive a wedge between you. Show her that you want to help her, not just yourself. And get professional help

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her...""Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding..."
I have to disagree with your praise of her statement that he needs to put her needs ahead of his right now. The road to resentment is a slippery one and a hard one to return from.

Not saying that his needs should come first. Just that the problems do need to be identified and addressed. Wherever they lie. Be it with her, with him, or in all likely hood on both sides of the fence. Their are two in the relationship, not just one. Three when you consider the daughter.

Taking care of only one side or the other... anything less then the whole family unit, is simply shoring up half the problem with inadequate cribbing at best.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From your comments, you seem to be thinking about this only from your own perspective. It sounds like you want sex, and you see your wife as a sort of ATM machine where you just have to push the right buttons (clean the yard, say the right things, etc.) and sex will fall out.

I don't come to that same conclusion from listening to him. I see a person who is concerned about his family and his relationship with his wife. It seems that you fixate on his comments about sex, and don't look at the rest. It should be pretty much a given that the sex part is an easy object for a person to grab onto, hold out, use to demonstrate the situation they are in. After all, it is a basic primal need. I have no doubt, that sex is not the real object of his concern. It is just part of an example of it.

bachelard

Awards
Sorry to ramble, but here goes:

I'm a shrink and have seen this situation a zillion times. Fair disclosure: I'm gay and that may be enough for you to immediately dismiss what I have to say. But I see couples of all gender-mixes and can assure you that the situation is mainly the same for all. That's true in my own case with my partner of 19 years.

First of all: This is something many people just don't seem to get. In a long term relationship it is just natural for people to fall in love, out of love, back in love, and so on. In a truly committed relationship, there's a willingness to wait these periods out without making rash decisions. Of course, it's a personal decision how long to wait that out. But it takes a lot of pressure off yourself if you remind yourself that the bad times don't usually last forever.

Second: In a long-term committed relationship, sex usually ends up taking a quite secondary role. You build a life together. You have children. You own a home. You have mutual friends. All of these things bind us together in a way sex simply cannot over the long term.

Third: Most couples need a mediator of some sort to work this stuff out. Typically, we can't even hear one another clearly when we have become so confused, hurt, angry, and frustrated. I think most couples take too long to take this step. There are lots of therapists who work directly with sex and love in relationships. Some churches offer the same services. There are workshops and couples counseling available. The important thing is that both members of the couple be willing to participate and realize it's an incredibly common situation, if not universal.

Fourth: The appearance issue is a sensitive one that has plagued my own relationship. Consider the context here -- a site that is about lifting. Tell yourself it's about health, but we all know appearance is a huge part of it. So, you might as well own from the start that your own appearance is extremely important to you. Your partner will ALWAYS know this whether you say anything explicit or not. Three years after I got together with my partner, he gained a huge amount of weight and started drinking too much. It did kill my sexual appetite and I ended up being cruel to him -- something I have regretted ever since. It hurt him in a way that can never be erased, even if forgiven. I'm not saying it isn't a real problem and incredibly frustrating, but I urge you to be gentle. Understand, your partner doesn't just feel bad about the way they look. They also feel overwhelmed by the importance you give your own appearance. Dismiss this if you like, but I promise you it's true.

Fifth: Here is a difference where gay people and straight people often diverge, I think. Even if you enjoy your partner, it's totally natural to become attracted to other people too. Gay men are much more comfortable with non-monogamous relationships. It's not that you don't establish rules. It's not that jealousy isn't still an occasional issue. But it's just recreational sex. A lot of people of both genders do find recreational sex without an emotional attachment uncomfortable so that there is a perceived threat to the relationship's security if you open things up to other partners. But that threat is ALWAYS present anyway. This is something I'd never recommend at the outset of a relationship and not when there's a lot of conflict in the relationship. But when sexual ennui takes over in an otherwise stable relationship, it works fine for many people. Most have a don't-ask-don't-tell agreement.

Sixth: NEVER assume a person who doesn't enjoy sex as much as you doesn't love you. If you do, you're gonna be super-embarrassed as you age and your testosterone dries up. :)

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
From your comments, you seem to be thinking about this only from your own perspective. It sounds like you want sex, and you see your wife as a sort of ATM machine where you just have to push the right buttons (clean the yard, say the right things, etc.) and sex will fall out. If she feels that you're simply trying to persuade or cajole her to get what you want, and that you're reacting with a frustrated sense of entitlement and whining when you don't get what you want, that might explain her coldness.

It may just be that she has no sex drive. And if she does have a drive, it may be that her fantasies don't include you. Either way, you ought to spend some time trying to figure out what she really wants. For what it's worth, asking her point-blank probably isn't a great way to get the information, especially if you've been acting victimized and making her feel unsafe to say things that might hurt you more.
This is some nonsense if I've ever heard some. Ive been with my wife for 9 years now, we have 3 kids together. What keeps our marriage successful I believe is that we put each others needs ahead of our own. If you put here needs first like you should and she's not doing the same the resentment will no doubt kill your relationship. Don't listen to these doctor Phil type clowns that want blame stuff on the man always. Telling you that you're treating her like an ATM. What foolishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.