How to stop smoking? - AnabolicMinds.com

How to stop smoking?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

How to stop smoking?

Hey guys,

I'm one of those stupid f u c kers that started smoking and now have a hard time to stop.

I started when I was 23, and now I'm 32 and think it's time to say goodbye to them.

Anyone wants to share their experience?

Appreciate it...
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i'm over two months without a cig.....i turned to electronic cig's...not the crappy ones u find at gas stations though

your better off going with a mod e cig, they are more satisfying imo, you also get a wide variety of sites that sell different flavors and diffrent nicotine strengths....may not be the best but you don't get the burning smoke and all the other chemicals included in cigarettes

i've also read recent things that say nicotine is very addictive but it's easier to get off than a lot of ppl think because cigarettes actually have a host of other addictive things in them....but as long as i'm getting my nicotine i dont' miss the cigs at all and i've already dropped my nicotine content down from 24mg to 18mgs during the day and 12 mg at night
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Friends of mine have tried going cold turkey & stopping, but they all started smoking again within months & some within weeks... They seemed to think that they were better & stronger because they "tried" to do it with no help...

I however chose patches... The thing with patches is that they stop the cravings, but if the will to not smoke isn't there the patches don't do a damn thing... I wanted to quit, so I used the patches to kill the cravings & my mind HAD TO do the rest... Anyways, 8yrs of smoking turned into 7yrs smoke free my friend... Why? Because I put my health & will power infront of my ego...
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Almost 8yrs smoke free actually...
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz
    Almost 8yrs smoke free actually...
    great bro...hope to achieve the same
    Olympus labs Rep
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by edje007

great bro...hope to achieve the same
    The saying, "where there's a will, there's a way" could not be more fitting when it comes to quitting smoking... I feel great & the money you save is crazy... Have you got a plan of attack, or are you just in the planning stages?
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

The saying, "where there's a will, there's a way" could not be more fitting when it comes to quitting smoking... I feel great & the money you save is crazy... Have you got a plan of attack, or are you just in the planning stages?
    I've tried before, quit for 2weeks...biggest problem is, my girlfriend also smokes,making it harder to quit....
    Olympus labs Rep
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

I've tried before, quit for 2weeks...biggest problem is, my girlfriend also smokes,making it harder to quit....
    That does make it difficult... But not impossible... I'll be rooting for you if you take on the challenge man...
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

thinking of quitting when I start the 1alpha log(sponsored)...

then I should have enough inspiration and support by you guys...I hope.
    Olympus labs Rep
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

No doubt you'll get the support from all who follow your log...
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Suprisingly chewing tobacco helped me out. My need for nicotine fixes dropped dramatically and I find the habit far more disgusting so I cut back a lot.

All said and done you truly have to want to quit. And people telling you not to smoke becomes reverse psychology. Chew gum, lollipops, anything that fills the gap of that oral fixation. Haven't smoked for 4 years now.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

No doubt you'll get the support from all who follow your log...
    Yeah man....really looking forward to that...you guys are great...glad that I joined AM!
    Olympus labs Rep
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Suprisingly chewing tobacco helped me out. My need for nicotine fixes dropped dramatically and I find the habit far more disgusting so I cut back a lot.

All said and done you truly have to want to quit. And people telling you not to smoke becomes reverse psychology. Chew gum, lollipops, anything that fills the gap of that oral fixation. Haven't smoked for 4 years now.
    thanks for the inspiration
    Olympus labs Rep
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

thanks for the inspiration
    No doubt. It can be done. And you will when you truly want to. It may not be tomorrow but keep thinking that way and you'll come around. And don't make a circumstance like "Oh when X or Y happen, then ill quit."
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You're not going to want to hear this but studies show that those who stop cold Turkey have a better chance of staying stopped than just weaning yourself off...I smoked for ten years..started at age 12 and quit at 22..only thing is that at the time I was also a heavy drug user and alcoholic I quit everything cold Turkey and never looked back
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Cold turkey is the only way to go.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

I quit 6/27/2007....cold turkey. I used to smoke almost 2 packs a day. My situtation was different than most though. I was moving from Chicago to Denver to start a new life and took full adavantage of being away from friends and family that were smokers as well....needless to say it worked. If i were you i would look into chewing gum either with or without the nicotine, the gum chewing really curbed the urge for me....good luck.
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by airram479
    I quit 6/27/2007....cold turkey. I used to smoke almost 2 packs a day. My situtation was different than most though. I was moving from Chicago to Denver to start a new life and took full adavantage of being away from friends and family that were smokers as well....needless to say it worked. If i were you i would look into chewing gum either with or without the nicotine, the gum chewing really curbed the urge for me....good luck.
    thanks bro...I'll defenitely be using the chewing gum....keep you guys posted when I quit!
    Olympus labs Rep
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Started smoking at 13-14 now I'm almost 21. At the age of 17 I quit and started dipping. And hopefully in the future from dip to beef jerky. Ha nicotine is the hardiest thing to quit that I've ever been addicted to.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thyrod
    Started smoking at 13-14 now I'm almost 21. At the age of 17 I quit and started dipping. And hopefully in the future from dip to beef jerky. Ha nicotine is the hardiest thing to quit that I've ever been addicted to.
    wished I never started in the first place....used to be an anti smoker...hated my dad for smoking, look who's smoking now...dumb ass me.
    Olympus labs Rep
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

wished I never started in the first place....used to be an anti smoker...hated my dad for smoking, look who's smoking now...dumb ass me.
    Past is the past... Just quit & move forward & all will be good...
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Haha yeah momma and dad use to smoke and I would just steal there packs.
    Wen I got caught I would say I threw them out Cus I dot want you smoking.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thyrod

Haha yeah momma and dad use to smoke and I would just steal there packs.
    hahaha....see what addiction makes us do
    Olympus labs Rep
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

I agree with the first reply. E cigs have replaced smoking for me. I feel far healthier. Also, as stated a mod is the way to go... there's many out there to choose from, the silverbullet or a REO are ones I would start a search on google with. Been off smoking since march thanks to e cigs.

I quit cold turkey from drinking 3 and a 1/2 years ago. Smoking for some reason I just needed to go what I feel is a harm reduction route.

Good luck.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hey guys,

I'm one of those stupid f u c kers that started smoking and now have a hard time to stop.

I started when I was 23, and now I'm 32 and think it's time to say goodbye to them.

Anyone wants to share their experience?

Appreciate it...
    Snus pouches
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  187 lbs.

+1 for ecigs, just made the switch and am loving it. For me smoking was more then the nic, it was the act of chilling with friends, passing time and watching the smoke. The first week is hard just because you have to get used to the taste and charging the battery but once you get used to it smoking the real thing becomes more and more disgusting till you don't need it anymore. Gonna be droping down from 2.4 to 1.8 soon and it feels good.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gmanall
    +1 for ecigs, just made the switch and am loving it. For me smoking was more then the nic, it was the act of chilling with friends, passing time and watching the smoke. The first week is hard just because you have to get used to the taste and charging the battery but once you get used to it smoking the real thing becomes more and more disgusting till you don't need it anymore. Gonna be droping down from 2.4 to 1.8 soon and it feels good.
    look into the ecig....thanks bro
    Olympus labs Rep
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

look into the ecig....thanks bro
    Very good option to start. NYC is $13 a pack, that's enough to keep me from smoking.
    Franz Kafka
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow

Very good option to start. NYC is $13 a pack, that's enough to keep me from smoking.
    Wow, that's ridiculous. When I did it was like 6-7$ a pack, and that's pretty ridiculous as well.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

hey amigos....the time has come....today is the day I quit smoking.....

My girlfriend got a pregnancy test yesterday, guess what...we're having a baby!!!!

Very happy right now, but the fact I 'm quitting smoking will probably kill my exitement.....

Just have to do it....
    Olympus labs Rep
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

My girlfriend got a pregnancy test yesterday, guess what...we're having a baby!!!!

Very happy right now, but the fact I 'm quitting smoking will probably kill my exitement.....

Just have to do it....
    Congrats on the pregnancy man...

When your hanging for a smoke, chew gum or go have unprotected sex without worrying about getting her pregnant... Much more satisfying than a cigarette... Haha!

Congrats once again!!!
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ecigs worked for me like a miracle. Haven't had a smoke in 6 months after being a daily smoker for around 14 years. I recommend volcano ecigs. Google it they really work! Also chew a crap load of gum!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Congrats on the pregnancy man...

When your hanging for a smoke, chew gum or go have unprotected sex without worrying about getting her pregnant... Much more satisfying than a cigarette... Haha!

Congrats once again!!!
    love your advice mate....
    Olympus labs Rep
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

love your advice mate....
    Anytime...
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  147 lbs.

Also want to quit. Tried the e cig but it didn't do the trick for me.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

My wife quit using an e-cig. I bought her the Joyetech 510 and BOGE 510 cartos. - I've never been a smoker, but I ended up getting bored and now I puff on an e-cig all the time. I ended up buying myself a Joyetech Ego-C Twist and have a MAP 5ml DCT.

I've been vaping for a while now. Probably a year or so. I decided not to buy any more juice this month. Almost out. Don't really care, but I'm sure I'll miss the morning vapes.

I still smoke cigars at least once or twice per week, but I just haven't really wanted to spend the money on the stuff lately. - Ecigs aren't too bad as far as cost goes. I spent maybe $20/mth on juice, and then cartos were about $2.50 a pop. They last anywhere from 2wks to 8wks. Some are fickle for some reason.

Just make sure to buy online. Vape shops will financially ravage your butt hole.

Since you're actually a regular smoker, I wouldn't recommend anything less than an Ego. You just wouldn't be satisfied with the standard 510's.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just have to do it....
    congrats! Airborne and I quit when I got pregnant last year too.. I quit that day, but it took him a few weeks to taper off.. good luck!
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mls51112

congrats! Airborne and I quit when I got pregnant last year too.. I quit that day, but it took him a few weeks to taper off.. good luck!
    Thanks, today is the first day...what a day it was.....really feels like I'm missing my best friend.

Oh well, allmost bed time....thank god
    Olympus labs Rep
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mls51112 View Post
    congrats to you guys! It took me almost 2 years after my son was born to finally suck it up and actually quit.
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Thanks, today is the first day...what a day it was.....really feels like I'm missing my best friend.

Oh well, allmost bed time....thank god
    good luck, man. I know that feeling really well, it'll go away.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. tryin to stop smoking need help
    By ohiostate2827 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 10:51 PM
  2. HOW TO STOP KETOSIS?
    By WILL DA BEAST in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16