How to stop smoking?

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey man, looks like some pretty good feedback here. 2 days is 2 days tobacco free - keep up the good work!
im a week shy of 3 months my self. i smoked for 13 years. like it was mentioned before first 2-3 weeks are hell. once you get thru that man, you're set. ohh and for the record, my girlfriend still smokes. she lasted a week. im still on her ass but you have to WANT it. she'll get there soon enough.

i kinda skimmed this thread, are you using any quitting aids? gum/patch/pills?
thanks for the support...congrats on quitting for over 3 months....hope I'll get there..I'm doing it cold turkey. Just regular chewing gum, tooth picks..lots of coffee...lots of frustration,lol

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for the support...congrats on quitting for over 3 months....hope I'll get there..I'm doing it cold turkey. Just regular chewing gum, tooth picks..lots of coffee...lots of frustration,lol
oh, and I use AM and this thread to get through the day....thanks brothers!!!

steppinRazor

Awards
right on brother.. you got this. seriously you'll feel like a million bucks. i dont even think about smoking anymore. and if it crosses my mind it doesnt even sound good!! impossible right? i thought id never see the day. you'll be there soon :D

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
you should show her some pics of what smoking does to a baby
I don't agree with this bro... Not trying to undermine you in any way, but negative things quite often produce more negativity... This is not a friends health at stake... It's a friends unborn child at stake... So have to be sensitive in this type of situation I think... Once again, not trying to undermine you, but I think you know what I'm saying...

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
right on brother.. you got this. seriously you'll feel like a million bucks. i dont even think about smoking anymore. and if it crosses my mind it doesnt even sound good!! impossible right? i thought id never see the day. you'll be there soon :D
me too. the smell of cigarettes is totally repulsive to me now. I'm smoke free about 6 months now

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
hey man, hanging in there....just had a big fight with my girlfriend. She has been smoking the last 2days. She smoked 2....really sucks because she's pregnant, and promised to quit. We had a miscarriage last year, so I really want her to quit.

Sucks quitting while your girl still smokes
She'll come around eventually... Better late then never... Just be patient & understanding with her... I'm saying this as an ex smoker, & the fact that you also just quit... People do the right thing in their own time sometimes & we got to live with that... Remember, it hasn't been a long time, so go with the flow... But don't let it get out of hand either... U got this bro!

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
hey man, hanging in there....just had a big fight with my girlfriend. She has been smoking the last 2days. She smoked 2....really sucks because she's pregnant, and promised to quit. We had a miscarriage last year, so I really want her to quit.

Sucks quitting while your girl still smokes
being pregnant is stressful.. haha. help her to relax.. you need to support each other 100% to succeed in quitting.. she's emotional as hell due to hormones.. trust me, been there. it's hard to quit cold turkey.. and actually, quitting cold turkey can do more harm than good to a baby who is used to the nicotine.. so, slowly help her wean off :]

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
being pregnant is stressful.. haha. help her to relax.. you need to support each other 100% to succeed in quitting.. she's emotional as hell due to hormones.. trust me, been there. it's hard to quit cold turkey.. and actually, quitting cold turkey can do more harm than good to a baby who is used to the nicotine.. so, slowly help her wean off :]
you're right....trying to be patient with her, but the stress is killing me. We 've talked it out, all is good now, don't want to stress her too hard.

Really want to thank you all for the support.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
She'll come around eventually... Better late then never... Just be patient & understanding with her... I'm saying this as an ex smoker, & the fact that you also just quit... People do the right thing in their own time sometimes & we got to live with that... Remember, it hasn't been a long time, so go with the flow... But don't let it get out of hand either... U got this bro!
you always know how to get me positive...thanks bro

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
start chewing tobacco.... then when you want to quit that just get a girlfriend that hates it and nags you to quit constantly until you just give it up because it's not worth catching an earful when you get caught

glad I could help

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
start chewing tobacco.... then when you want to quit that just get a girlfriend that hates it and nags you to quit constantly until you just give it up because it's not worth catching an earful when you get caught

glad I could help
Did you even read the thread before you commented bro?

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
starting to feel a little bit more relaxed again. Had some hard time catching sleep last couple of days, but got some good sleep last night.

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
starting to feel a little bit more relaxed again. Had some hard time catching sleep last couple of days, but got some good sleep last night.
sleep as much as you can.. when the baby comes you'll be sleep deprived! unless you're like my hubby and can sleep through it all :\ haha.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sleep as much as you can.. when the baby comes you'll be sleep deprived! unless you're like my hubby and can sleep through it all :\ haha.
hahaha....well, I pretty sure I'll wake up every night. I 'm never a very steady sleeper.

First have to get through the first 12weeks ...last time didn't go so well....had a miss carriage and she had to go to the hospital to get it removed. Was 1 of the worst things in my life.

Really hope everything goes well this time...
Want to be a daddy...

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you're right....trying to be patient with her, but the stress is killing me. We 've talked it out, all is good now, don't want to stress her too hard.

Really want to thank you all for the support.
Hey bud! Quitting smoking is easy. I started smoking when I was in junior high and smoked and chewed till a few years ago when I had my son. Drink tons of water, id switch to tea over coffee, preferably green. The relaxants in it will help calm you through a craving.

You quit right? Cold turkey I hear... Way to go in my opinion. Remember quitting smoking is easy. Ignore those statistics about it being harder to kick than cocaine and heroin.

I go up to those people tell em' its easy and punch e'er right in the snout those slippery sons of... Quitting is easy. Ya said ya quit, then ya quit and it was easy.

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahaha....well, I pretty sure I'll wake up every night. I 'm never a very steady sleeper.

First have to get through the first 12weeks ...last time didn't go so well....had a miss carriage and she had to go to the hospital to get it removed. Was 1 of the worst things in my life.

Really hope everything goes well this time...
Want to be a daddy...
Everything will work out perfectly brother : ) congratulations my man!!!!!

- Valdez

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Eventually you may get some vivid dreams as a side from no nicotine... I think it has something to do with not having the stim effect of nicotine in you, therefore you sleep a little deeper causing the dreams... By vivid I mean sometimes you wake up & really have to make sure it was just a dream... I personally found it fun because it was a trip... Unfortunately none of the dreams were about sex though... Haha!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey bud! Quitting smoking is easy. I started smoking when I was in junior high and smoked and chewed till a few years ago when I had my son. Drink tons of water, id switch to tea over coffee, preferably green. The relaxants in it will help calm you through a craving.

You quit right? Cold turkey I hear... Way to go in my opinion. Remember quitting smoking is easy. Ignore those statistics about it being harder to kick than cocaine and heroin.

I go up to those people tell em' its easy and punch e'er right in the snout those slippery sons of... Quitting is easy. Ya said ya quit, then ya quit and it was easy.

- Valdez
you just made my day!!!!! thanks bro!!!! I'm going out shopping with my girl and punch some people in the face...hahaha....I'm talking jean claude van damme style on these f(u)ckers....

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
sorry to hear about the miscarriage :[ stay positive! prayers for you, your girl, and baby!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you just made my day!!!!! thanks bro!!!! I'm going out shopping with my girl and punch some people in the face...hahaha....I'm talking jean claude van damme style on these f(u)ckers....
I got you bro ; )

- Valdez

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
How's it goin man? Sorted **** with your lady I hope...

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How's it goin man? Sorted **** with your lady I hope...
going pretty well....she smoked 1 today and finished her pack of sigs...hopefully she can resist the urge to buy a new one..

I'm feeling pretty good....very energised...bit agressive(positive)...how are you bro...

again thanks for your support!!!

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
going pretty well....she smoked 1 today and finished her pack of sigs...hopefully she can resist the urge to buy a new one..

I'm feeling pretty good....very energised...bit agressive(positive)...how are you bro...

again thanks for your support!!!
She'll get there probably easier than she believes she can... You know how they say the mind gives up before the body... Well she'll realise that soon enough knowing she's got something much more important to consider now...

Aggression is good if aimed at the right places... Anger in general quite often makes me perform tasks to perfection... Everything can be used to your advantage...

I'm good myself, I have to wait another 2 weeks for results from the doctor either confirming I have Celiac Disease or something else... My strength size & pretty much everything that is needed frlor me to improve myself isn't in good condition, but there are successful treatments for whatever problem I may have, so I'm still in high spirits...

Btw, no need to thank for the support bro... Unless you relapse man(Which you better not)... WHEN you succeed though, I want you to be able to boast to any muthafu¢ka who may have ever doubted that you could do it Haha!...

Just remember thes things & it should help with this quit smoking journey,
1- we don't know eachother
2- all I do know is you lift, & teach physical education
3- your from Holland
4-screen name is edje007

But I've still got your back on this journey your on even though your a stranger basically... So what I'm saying is that even though I have no need to give a sh*t, I do... Why? Your quality of life will improve & I always say if I can do something I will do it no questions asked... In this case I can be a distant & hopefully positive support for you to make it easier to quit that sh*t... The way I've seen it since you mentioned the baby, is that basically I'm helping secure a great childhood by making sure that kid has a healthy father & mother... We don't mean a damn thing compared to children...

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
She'll get there probably easier than she believes she can... You know how they say the mind gives up before the body... Well she'll realise that soon enough knowing she's got something much more important to consider now...

Aggression is good if aimed at the right places... Anger in general quite often makes me perform tasks to perfection... Everything can be used to your advantage...

I'm good myself, I have to wait another 2 weeks for results from the doctor either confirming I have Celiac Disease or something else... My strength size & pretty much everything that is needed frlor me to improve myself isn't in good condition, but there are successful treatments for whatever problem I may have, so I'm still in high spirits...

Btw, no need to thank for the support bro... Unless you relapse man(Which you better not)... WHEN you succeed though, I want you to be able to boast to any muthafu¢ka who may have ever doubted that you could do it Haha!...

Just remember thes things & it should help with this quit smoking journey,
1- we don't know eachother
2- all I do know is you lift, & teach physical education
3- your from Holland
4-screen name is edje007

But I've still got your back on this journey your on even though your a stranger basically... So what I'm saying is that even though I have no need to give a sh*t, I do... Why? Your quality of life will improve & I always say if I can do something I will do it no questions asked... In this case I can be a distant & hopefully positive support for you to make it easier to quit that sh*t... The way I've seen it since you mentioned the baby, is that basically I'm helping secure a great childhood by making sure that kid has a healthy father & mother... We don't mean a damn thing compared to children...
positive as always....like you said, we don't know eachother, but the positive words do help.

It may sound stupid to some, but being on this forum and being able to talk about anything really gets me nice and relaxed.
Especially now with this ****ty sig situation.

Hope you get your test results back soon and you can start with a treatment, and feel much better.

Good day bro...

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
feeling great....still hard sometimes, esspecially at parties and football.

**** it...I got this ****...

Anyway, really execited to start a new cycle sponsored by finaflex. 1Alpha....

starting monday...I'll post a link here on monday.

Everybody have a nice weekend.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards

Almost 2 week mark bro, doing great... Now just focus on your new cycle & you'll be good man... I'll be following...

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

good job, man. Like I said before, the first 2 weeks are the worst. Just hang in there!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good job, man. Like I said before, the first 2 weeks are the worst. Just hang in there!
I will bro.....feel good about myself....allthough I sometimes really miss my "friend"....the devil in disguise

just going day by day, and really feeling energised

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will bro.....feel good about myself....allthough I sometimes really miss my "friend"....the devil in disguise

just going day by day, and really feeling energised
Yeah, that was a tough part for me too. Coffee and a smoke, beer and a smoke, smoke in the morning, smoke on lunch, etc.... it's hard to envision life without it for some reason. It's really quite insidious isn't it?

What kept me going was my squats started to progress again. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't get enough air to push more weight and I'd crap out after a couple of reps. I was strong enough to do it, but my lung capacity was terrible. A few weeks after quitting I started making progress again and I just focused on that to get me through.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, that was a tough part for me too. Coffee and a smoke, beer and a smoke, smoke in the morning, smoke on lunch, etc.... it's hard to envision life without it for some reason. It's really quite insidious isn't it?

What kept me going was my squats started to progress again. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't get enough air to push more weight and I'd crap out after a couple of reps. I was strong enough to do it, but my lung capacity was terrible. A few weeks after quitting I started making progress again and I just focused on that to get me through.
Absolutely! The best advice I have for when I quit smoking and chewing is NO caffeine or booze for a month.

- Valdez

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established

Congrats on your progress so far, I recently stopped smoking as well.. everyday I think about the time I've gone without it and if you ever feel you need to have one just think you'll need to go all the way back to square one. It's not worth it!

cheers,

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Absolutely! The best advice I have for when I quit smoking and chewing is NO caffeine or booze for a month.

- Valdez
I second that : quit about 2 years ago... fasted for the first couple days - gotta say it really knocked the edge off, or I just had plenty of other distractions

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I second that : quit about 2 years ago... fasted for the first couple days - gotta say it really knocked the edge off, or I just had plenty of other distractions
Distractions are awesome at times like this... Sex is the best one...

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Distractions are awesome at times like this... Sex is the best one...
ain't getting any right now.....after the miscarriage last time things are a bit scary now.

just have to wait till atleast the first 12weeks are over...it's worth it...I'll just go on cycle, haha, and kill my libido

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ain't getting any right now.....after the miscarriage last time things are a bit scary now.

just have to wait till atleast the first 12weeks are over...it's worth it...I'll just go on cycle, haha, and kill my libido
Oh the joys of marriage... I'm putting off marrying my girl as long as possible! No sex sounds like my hell lol!!!

- Valdez

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards

All good dude there's a good reason for it so... Just jack off for the moment, but don't log it ok... Haha!

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Starting cycle tomorrow bro... Looking forward to it?

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Starting cycle tomorrow bro... Looking forward to it?
allmost bedtime, really looking forward to tomorrow........45 days of sponsored 1 alpha

lucky me....

how are you my friend? heard anything from the tests?

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I'm good man... Test results on Thursday... Not worried, just anxious & a bit impatient waiting... Whatever it is, is treatable so all good...

Post the link to your log... I'm off to bed too bud... Take it easy...

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks brother... Two days & I'll know what's wrong with me, hopefully ...
Good luck, man. I'd be climbing the walls with anxiety if I were you. I can't handle suspense like that.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Good luck, man. I'd be climbing the walls with anxiety if I were you. I can't handle suspense like that.
Thanks bro... The walls have been climbed, believe me... I posted a thread about my impatience before actually before some other tests... Haha! Those other tests revealed that I haven't got the suspected cancer, thyroid problems or type 1 or 2 diabetes... So knowing that it's definitely nothing major helps like crazy... Otherwise I'd be going crazy without a doubt... All the unselfish concern from this forum from people such as you guys helps even more when needing to keep a level head... Thanks again...

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro... The walls have been climbed, believe me... I posted a thread about my impatience before actually before some other tests... Haha! Those other tests revealed that I haven't got the suspected cancer, thyroid problems or type 1 or 2 diabetes... So knowing that it's definitely nothing major helps like crazy... Otherwise I'd be going crazy without a doubt... All the unselfish concern from this forum from people such as you guys helps even more when needing to keep a level head... Thanks again...
Yeah, the people round here are great.