The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread! - AnabolicMinds.com

The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Page 1 of 26 1236 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Thumbs up The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!


    Hey Guys,

    I think we need a thread to discuss anything and everything about Guns/Firearms/Knives. I have an extensive collection myself and spend a good deal of time training when I can. I have some stuff to add in here later, but I wanted to get the thread started.

    Let's get this baby rollin'!






    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  2. Professional Member
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81802

    Reputation Reputation

    im in!
  3. Senior Member
    carpee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    83750

    Reputation Reputation

    in to learn.

    im looking into my first firearm before its too late
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484101

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Nice idea, John!
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  5. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Good deal, fellas. I think it would be cool to have different topics each week as well for educational purposes. I know a lot of you guys are looking at getting your CCW Permit (which I STRONGLY advise), so there could be some very valuable information passed along to new shooters/carriers.

    I'll get some stuff going later tonight though.


    In the meantime...






    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  6. Advanced Member
    ponysteak's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Can someone give a basic explanation on what's going on with gun laws at the moment? Is our right to bear arms being taken away or something? I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to firearms.
  7. Senior Member
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258612

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Surprised this hasn't gotten more attention
  8. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Surprised this hasn't gotten more attention
    Oh...It will.




    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  9. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ponysteak View Post
    Can someone give a basic explanation on what's going on with gun laws at the moment? Is our right to bear arms being taken away or something? I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to firearms.
    Depends what you mean here. Are you referring to individual state laws?

    There is a bill in the senate (it passed the house) right now that would allow for national reciprocity of all Concealed Carry Permit Holders across the country; which is how it always should have been. Let's hope it makes it out.




    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  10. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484101

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Depends what you mean here. Are you referring to individual state laws?

    There is a bill in the senate (it passed the house) right now that would allow for national reciprocity of all Concealed Carry Permit Holders across the country; which is how it always should have been. Let's hope it makes it out.




    -T1
    So would that mean that if I have my CC in PA, I could actually cross a border with a loaded pistol? I do like to carry when I ride, especially into unfamiliar territories. Too many bad MC's out there who frown upon us riding club folks, and I don't want to get caught in a bad situation.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  11. Professional Member
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81802

    Reputation Reputation

    and conversely would that mean that you could have an easier go of getting a CC permit in states where it is generally hard / not allowed?
  12. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    So would that mean that if I have my CC in PA, I could actually cross a border with a loaded pistol? I do like to carry when I ride, especially into unfamiliar territories. Too many bad MC's out there who frown upon us riding club folks, and I don't want to get caught in a bad situation.
    There are a lot of states that already have reciprocity with each other, but this new bill will unify the ideal and allow you to use your CCW (in any state you hold one) permit in any of the 50 states. Essentially, making the same rules apply and acknowledgement across the country; the way it should always have been.

    Check this out, Tim:

    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/

    You can see currently which states will observe your CCW permit. Now, at the current time even though they recognize it, you still must follow their individual state laws for CCW. If you plan to travel across the line, make sure you check out their specific state CCW laws first.


    I also strongly advise you join this CCW organization as well. They offer a ton of information and have packages that will assist you in the event you ever have to use deadly force in a defensive sitation (i.e., providing lawyer info and insurance coverage for civil/criminal liability.) God forbid you ever do have to use your weapon, this will help you out a lot.

    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com




    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  13. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Now to show a few of my toys:

    This first gun is my baby. It's a Kimber 1911 Pro Covert 2. This thing is an absolute tac-driver. Nothing beats the feel and accuracy of a solidly built 1911. There is a reason the 1911 platform has been around for 100 years and still used today. The only downside here is that Kimber's are WAY too expensive, imo. Granted, they are high end match grade guns, but the price is often ridiculous. I think I paid close to $1500.00 out the door last year for this. This gun is my primary home defense gun as well if I can't get to my shotgun. It comes stock with those crimson trace laser grips as well:





    This next gun is my carry gun. It's a Kel Tec PF9. Now, there was a time that I firmly believed that Kel Tec put out a lot of garbage guns (some of them still are), but this one is the exception. I can't think of a more affordable and more reliable choice on the market right now based on my own anecdotal experiences with it. It's light (under 16oz's loaded), accurate, reliable, and very ergonomic for carrying purposes. It has a true double action pull with no external safety (which I like.) I have this exact gun with the tan cerakote finish:


    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  14. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484101

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Well, I may be no fancy pants, but here are my two moderate little tinker toys. Both are Taurus, which some people complain about them being an off-brand or inferior. I've never had any problems with them. A revolver is hard to screw up, and I've run atleast 500 rds through my pistol with NO issues whatsoever. It's not necessarily a tack driver, but it is fairly accurate. For defensive purposes, it shoots fast, so I'm happy. Mine is the 9mm (PT-99) and the .357 there is my wife's, although it is a bit too much for her to handle. She's wanted something smaller as of late, so I may look into a little .380 or something for her. As much as I hate to get rid of the .357, I REALLY want my shotgun!! lol

    Oh, and the pic was taken on the front seat of the ManVan. I store BOTH of these in there, fully loaded, and extra 15rd mag for the 9mm as well.




    For a little non-bullet action, here's my favorite li'l blade, too. Buck Nighthawk. VERY stout 6.5" blade. First time I took it out, I went hiking to look for limbs/sticks to carve into hiking staffs. I came across a young red oak (HARD wood) and found a good 2" thick branch that I wanted. I reared back, took a swipe at the branch, and SEVERED IT CLEAN. Now THAT is a good knife, IMO. (stock photo)


    And for fun, my li'l swords that I bought from BudK. Really simple, just for fun, decently sharp, and at only $12 each... Sure!! I bought 2 of 'em.

    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  15. Professional Member
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81802

    Reputation Reputation

    I know you get what you pay for, and home defence is not something to skimp on. but yeah Kimber prices are high. Maybe not Wilson Combat high, but for a bit more you can get one custom made

    If given the choice i think i would go with a Desert Warrior something about a matte black frame / slide and ivory / eggshell grips.
  16. Elite Member
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,393
    Rep Power
    986729

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    how do you like that kel tec trauma? i was told they are garbage but it's a nice looking gun

    just entered a gun raffle and hoping to win a $10 gun

    my favorite "weapon" is my cane where the top comes off with a dagger, can't wait til i'm an old man and can use it
  17. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    I use wilson combat mags for my 1911; that's about it. They are the epitome of overpriced. I will say however it is absolute quality stuff, though. Ed Brown, Nighthawk, and Dan Wesson make some bad ass pricey 1911's as well.

    The Desert Warrior is a nice gun. I almost bought that around the same time. My Kimber pro covert 2 also came stock with tritium night sights as well with the laser grips, so it's set up perfectly for a home defense gun. I love the FDE and digital camo grips.




    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  18. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484101

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I don't need night sights. I can see in the dark.


    No really, I can. I'm very light sensitive, which sucks in the daytime, but is GREAT at night! I regularly ride the bike at night with sunglasses on.


    Speaking of which, WileyX is my preferred "optics". lol All very light frames, tactical and safety lenses. I've taken large bees and stones to the eyes with these and they're still flawless. Best ones I have for fit and everything are called "Slay", in their "special ops" line, pictured below.

    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  19. Professional Member
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81802

    Reputation Reputation

    ive just heard their mags were a must have replacement to the stock Kimbers.. no way i would ever justify 4k on one of their 1911s though
    That makes a HK me23 mod 0 with suppressor look cheap
  20. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    Well, I may be no fancy pants, but here are my two moderate little tinker toys. Both are Taurus, which some people complain about them being an off-brand or inferior. I've never had any problems with them. A revolver is hard to screw up, and I've run atleast 500 rds through my pistol with NO issues whatsoever. It's not necessarily a tack driver, but it is fairly accurate. For defensive purposes, it shoots fast, so I'm happy. Mine is the 9mm (PT-99) and the .357 there is my wife's, although it is a bit too much for her to handle. She's wanted something smaller as of late, so I may look into a little .380 or something for her. As much as I hate to get rid of the .357, I REALLY want my shotgun!! lol

    Oh, and the pic was taken on the front seat of the ManVan. I store BOTH of these in there, fully loaded, and extra 15rd mag for the 9mm as well.




    For a little non-bullet action, here's my favorite li'l blade, too. Buck Nighthawk. VERY stout 6.5" blade. First time I took it out, I went hiking to look for limbs/sticks to carve into hiking staffs. I came across a young red oak (HARD wood) and found a good 2" thick branch that I wanted. I reared back, took a swipe at the branch, and SEVERED IT CLEAN. Now THAT is a good knife, IMO. (stock photo)


    And for fun, my li'l swords that I bought from BudK. Really simple, just for fun, decently sharp, and at only $12 each... Sure!! I bought 2 of 'em.


    Anyone that says Taurus guns are crap doesn't know a damn thing about guns, Tim. They are quality guns all around. Every company has a lemon once in a while, but Taurus (especially their revolvers) are a very solid and affordable choice. They are literally built to the exact same specifications as Smith and Wesson (they were affiliated and built in the same factories years ago).

    I own a Taurus Model 66 (7 shot) 6" barrel .357 revolver. It's an absolutely beautiful gun at a great price. I think I paid $450.00 new for it. It's literally an exact replica and specification standards as the Smith and Wesson 686; it's just not polished like the Smith, and a few hundred less.



    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  21. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    how do you like that kel tec trauma? i was told they are garbage but it's a nice looking gun

    just entered a gun raffle and hoping to win a $10 gun

    my favorite "weapon" is my cane where the top comes off with a dagger, can't wait til i'm an old man and can use it
    Their PF9 is an absolutely fantastic little gun. They do make some garbage stuff, but not this one. It's as good as it gets in terms of concealed carry. Let's put it this way, I'd absolutely trust my life with it, and do everyday. I've put 500 rounds through it in practice since getting it and not one malfunction at all.

    All you need to do is choose a good defensive 9mm load and you're good-to-go. I personally like Hornady's Critical Defense (which is what I carry), but there are a ton of good options; +P loads are recommends for carry as well, and this gun is rated for that.




    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  22. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    ive just heard their mags were a must have replacement to the stock Kimbers.. no way i would ever justify 4k on one of their 1911s though
    That makes a HK me23 mod 0 with suppressor look cheap
    I know, lol! Everyone will tell you that (and they are good mags), but the Kimber Tac Pro mags work just as well or better for a cheaper price. The stock magazine that comes with any Kimber gun are absolute garbage. I can't believe you pay that much for a gun and they not only give you a **** magazine, but only one! I applaude Glock with their new Gen 4 models in giving out three mags with every gun. They're very good mags as well. I just bought a Glock 21 Gen 4 last month; LOVE it!



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  23. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    I don't need night sights. I can see in the dark.


    No really, I can. I'm very light sensitive, which sucks in the daytime, but is GREAT at night! I regularly ride the bike at night with sunglasses on.


    Speaking of which, WileyX is my preferred "optics". lol All very light frames, tactical and safety lenses. I've taken large bees and stones to the eyes with these and they're still flawless. Best ones I have for fit and everything are called "Slay", in their "special ops" line, pictured below.

    Me likey.




    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  24. Professional Member
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81802

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I know, lol! Everyone will tell you that (and they are good mags), but the Kimber Tac Pro mags work just as well or better for a cheaper price. The stock magazine that comes with any Kimber gun are absolute garbage. I can't believe you pay that much for a gun and they not only give you a **** magazine, but only one! I applaude Glock with their new Gen 4 models in giving out three mags with every gun. They're very good mags as well. I just bought a Glock 21 Gen 4 last month; LOVE it!

    -T1
    Yeah props to SA and Glock you know for giving stuff that it should come with - case, extra (and good at that) mags etc.

    it would be like buying a great tube amp, but needing to buy the tubes for it after fact.
  25. New Member
    Colby's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    172
    Rep Power
    8336

    Reputation

    I font have have ne pics but u recently bout a Taurus pt1911, sum ppl hate em sum like em, I like it so far, had a s&w 1911 b4 that but it got stolen about 3 years ago, lol my tack driver is a savage 22lr with the sights taken off
  26. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    T1,
    How do you carry your PF9?

    I've been doing a little research lately and came across this model. I've been a little skeptical about it, though. A range is opening about mile from house. I can't wait, so I can start trying out a few different models.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  27. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    T1,
    How do you carry your PF9?

    I've been doing a little research lately and came across this model. I've been a little skeptical about it, though. A range is opening about mile from house. I can't wait, so I can start trying out a few different models.
    Hey Bro,

    I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about it. There are some great youtube resources as well. Check out "nutnfancy" and his reviews of the PF9 there.

    This is the exact IWB holster that I use. I prefer to carry on the inside of the waist as this gun is so light you forget it's even there; plus it's just easier to conceal this way, imo. This holster also has the pocket for an extra mag as wel (which i always advise):


    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  28. Elite Member
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,393
    Rep Power
    986729

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Their PF9 is an absolutely fantastic little gun. They do make some garbage stuff, but not this one. It's as good as it gets in terms of concealed carry. Let's put it this way, I'd absolutely trust my life with it, and do everyday. I've put 500 rounds through it in practice since getting it and not one malfunction at all.

    All you need to do is choose a good defensive 9mm load and you're good-to-go. I personally like Hornady's Critical Defense (which is what I carry), but there are a ton of good options; +P loads are recommends for carry as well, and this gun is rated for that.




    -T1
    i have a 9mm for carrying, kind of big, but i almost bought a kel tec before i was told they are garbage, but after i get myself an ar or ak, i'm going to upgrade my handgun
  29. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I figured you carried it on your waist, but I was still curious enough to ask. I like the idea of having something in my pocket, but that really limits my options. My cousin carries his KelTec P3AT .380 in his pocket, but, naturally, it's even smaller than the PF9. If I went with a .380, I think I'd go with the Ruger LCP .380. I doubt I end up going that route, though. It's hard to say until I get the feel of a few in my hands, though.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  30. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    i have a 9mm for carrying, kind of big, but i almost bought a kel tec before i was told they are garbage, but after i get myself an ar or ak, i'm going to upgrade my handgun
    Who told you Kel Tec is garbage? Which gun in particular? The do have some guns I would consider "subpar", but the PF9 is far from that, imo.



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  31. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I figured you carried it on your waist, but I was still curious enough to ask. I like the idea of having something in my pocket, but that really limits my options. My cousin carries his KelTec P3AT .380 in his pocket, but, naturally, it's even smaller than the PF9. If I went with a .380, I think I'd go with the Ruger LCP .380. I doubt I end up going that route, though. It's hard to say until I get the feel of a few in my hands, though.
    The Ruger LCP is a nice little gun, but there is no way in hell I'd trust my life with a .380. Now that's not to say it won't get the job done, because shot placement is everything. It's the penetration factor with that round I wouldn't rely on. Still, it's better than nothing. This also is my own personal opion; nothing more. I know guys that a .22 handgun for self defense purposes. It's certainly better than a sharp stick or a rock.

    I carry IWB because having a daughter I don't want anything in my pocket. It's more secure and out of her reach with the IWB. If I had a choice, I'd just open carry.




    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  32. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    He mentioned something about that and then in turn showed me that he only uses hollow point in his .380.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  33. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    He mentioned something about that and then in turn showed me that he only uses hollow point in his .380.
    Yeah, you definitely need hardball ammo if you want maximum penetration, but that's not the best for defensive purposes. I just don't feel confident in the .380 JHP.



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  34. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    This is my newest purchase last month. A Glock 21 Generation 4. I love how they now include (3) magazines with their gen 4 guns. That's a huge check mark in their favor in my eyes. I should say that years ago I didn't buy into the whole "Glock is the best" talk you hear around the gun community. I decided to buy a Glock 17 Generation 3 and judge for myself. I can honestly say that I'm a big fan now and firmly believe in Glock's legendary reliability. Now, I'm still and always will be a 1911 guy first with my handguns, but these are great bang for the buck guns.

    BTW - This thing shoots like a dream. Not as accurate as my Kimber, but damn it's fun to shoot.





    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  35. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    I'm also a HUGE fan and collector of Russian Mosin Nagant Rifles. I don't know if you guys are familiar with them (Mil surp guys will be), but they are a blast (pun intended) to shoot. It's chambered for the 7.62 x 54R round which falls in-between our .308 and .30-06, but from a ballistics stand point it behaves closer to the .308 cartridge. I currently own (8) of them (6 are verified ex-sniper rifles). The other (2) consist of the carbine version (M44) and a standard infantry rifle. The dates on them range from 1938 all the way to 1945. These guns are still amazingly cheap due to the 17 million that were made in WW2; as well as incredibly cheap Mil Surp ammo (880 rounds for $140.) You just can't simply beat that.

    My absolute favorite is shown here below. It's a 1943 Tula Mosin Nagant sniper rifle. This gun has all the original markings and scope on it. This gun is quite a bit more than the rest ($800), but it's also an original which are harder and harder to come by these days. Amazingly enough, after almost 70 years this gun will still easily shoot 1 MOA at 100 yards. I've taken it hog hunting a few times and dropped them dead in their tracks.





    This is the M44 carbine version. This could be quite possibly the most fun I've ever had shooting a gun. This thing is unbelievably loud and demonstrates a HUGE fireball out of the muzzle with every shot. It always turns heads at the range when I bring it out, haha.








    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  36. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969164

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    How did you first get started with this hobby? Was it something that you grew up with?
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  37. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    How did you first get started with this hobby? Was it something that you grew up with?
    Yeah, kind of. I've always been a huge military history buff ranging from guns; to tanks; to planes; etc. I especially love WW2 firearms and military history.

    I shot guns pretty often as a kid, but I didn't really start getting into it from a collector aspect until the last 3-4 years or so. Unfortunately, it's a very expensive hobby. As you can imagine my wife does not like this at all....




    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  38. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    This is another gun that Kel Tec got right...

    Enter: Kel Tec KSG Shotgun. This thing is absolutely bad ass. It's a bullpup design that has (2) separate tubes you can switch between. You can't beat having (6) 00 Buck and (6) Slugs ready to go at any given time based on your specific need. This is the ultimate CQB shotgun. I want one!








    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  39. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,425
    Rep Power
    57339

    Reputation

    Love this Pic:








    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  40. New Member
    fireworkz788's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    666

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T-AD
    Well, I may be no fancy pants, but here are my two moderate little tinker toys. Both are Taurus, which some people complain about them being an off-brand or inferior. I've never had any problems with them. A revolver is hard to screw up, and I've run atleast 500 rds through my pistol with NO issues whatsoever. It's not necessarily a tack driver, but it is fairly accurate. For defensive purposes, it shoots fast, so I'm happy. Mine is the 9mm (PT-99) and the .357 there is my wife's, although it is a bit too much for her to handle. She's wanted something smaller as of late, so I may look into a little .380 or something for her. As much as I hate to get rid of the .357, I REALLY want my shotgun!! lol

    Oh, and the pic was taken on the front seat of the ManVan. I store BOTH of these in there, fully loaded, and extra 15rd mag for the 9mm as well.

    For a little non-bullet action, here's my favorite li'l blade, too. Buck Nighthawk. VERY stout 6.5" blade. First time I took it out, I went hiking to look for limbs/sticks to carve into hiking staffs. I came across a young red oak (HARD wood) and found a good 2" thick branch that I wanted. I reared back, took a swipe at the branch, and SEVERED IT CLEAN. Now THAT is a good knife, IMO. (stock photo)

    And for fun, my li'l swords that I bought from BudK. Really simple, just for fun, decently sharp, and at only $12 each... Sure!! I bought 2 of 'em.
    Yea man I went to get the taurus 44 ultra lite and the guy totally said If I buy it I was a moron. So I didn't. I should really look into it more. But if you like yours idk why I wouldn't.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. official overtraining thread!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. post in official thread.
    By Swole215 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 08:35 AM
  3. THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD
    By SELFofGOD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 11:43 AM
  4. Official boxmeman thread
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 04:47 PM
  5. Official NFL Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 03:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in