The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Howdy, peeps! Just thought I'd throw an update up in here.

Heard yesterday that I have a buyer for the .357. Yay! Getting $350 for it, which I can definitely live with. I've decided to go for the used Rem 870 that I saw last week, hoping that it's still there by the time I get there this week! 8rd capacity, slightly tac'ed out already with a rail on top, side saddle, and breacher barrel. Gonna keep the saddle and choke, but ditch the tiny rail for a much bigger one as planned. Price on it is $380 or something, so I'll roll up with some cashola and bring it home! SO EXCITED!!!

And in anticipation of it, I went ahead and ordered a 10 rd box of Hornady Zombie Max shotshells today. I actually FOUND some!! sportsmensguide.com has 'em, all makes as it seems, too, in stock. $17 and change shipped. I just want 'em for in the saddle cause they'll look epic!

WOOO!!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Howdy, peeps! Just thought I'd throw an update up in here.

Heard yesterday that I have a buyer for the .357. Yay! Getting $350 for it, which I can definitely live with. I've decided to go for the used Rem 870 that I saw last week, hoping that it's still there by the time I get there this week! 8rd capacity, slightly tac'ed out already with a rail on top, side saddle, and breacher barrel. Gonna keep the saddle and choke, but ditch the tiny rail for a much bigger one as planned. Price on it is $380 or something, so I'll roll up with some cashola and bring it home! SO EXCITED!!!

And in anticipation of it, I went ahead and ordered a 10 rd box of Hornady Zombie Max shotshells today. I actually FOUND some!! sportsmensguide.com has 'em, all makes as it seems, too, in stock. $17 and change shipped. I just want 'em for in the saddle cause they'll look epic!

WOOO!!!!
Nice!!

You're going to love your new toy. :D

-T1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I eventually get my class 3 license; and win the lottery I want one of these:

MG42

:D

srblan

Awards
  • Established
I know every state is going to be different, but generally do any ranges offer the option to rent a handgun or rifle to use at the range?

I know the Gun shop in Vegas does :) but besides that, is it a common thing? I had been looking and most were dead ends, best i could fine was one place in South Jersey that did.

Do you knows know a a good site to look at for info like that? Its hard enough just googling to find a local range let alone anything else
I've been to ranges that do in CA, but they won't usually rent to you if you show up alone unless you have a gun with you already because they are worried about suicides. However, they will rent if you go with other people or have your own gun.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I know every state is going to be different, but generally do any ranges offer the option to rent a handgun or rifle to use at the range?

I know the Gun shop in Vegas does :) but besides that, is it a common thing? I had been looking and most were dead ends, best i could fine was one place in South Jersey that did.

Do you knows know a a good site to look at for info like that? Its hard enough just googling to find a local range let alone anything else
There are two in Jersey that will rent handguns and a couple of long guns, one is shoreshot, the other is brick armory:

http://www.shoreshotpistolrange.com/

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
thanks! i will have to take a look when i get home.

two or more people is no beig deal, I would be going with fam anyways. Just would love to find one not a 2 hour drive to get to :)

I have a shotgun range nearby that we keep taking about going too but never make it.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a shotgun range just a block up from my house! Oh wait, no... that's a playground full of teens. No, I'm right... shotgun range. We're good. :D

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JOHN!!!

After doing a little digging about stocks and whatnot, I think I'm NOT going to go with the BlackHawk!/Knoxx one. Not sure of the design of it, eventhough it does look pretty BA. I found a few reviews on it both good and bad, but decided that when it's time, I'm going to go with one from ATI instead. Here's the one I'm eyeballing: http://www.atigunstocks.com/tactical-stocks/294-talon-tactical-shotgun-stock.html CheaperThanDirt.com has it for less than $70, too. Yay!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Damn shore shot is the place I found too. It is a good 2 hour drive. Oh wells

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JOHN!!!

After doing a little digging about stocks and whatnot, I think I'm NOT going to go with the BlackHawk!/Knoxx one. Not sure of the design of it, eventhough it does look pretty BA. I found a few reviews on it both good and bad, but decided that when it's time, I'm going to go with one from ATI instead. Here's the one I'm eyeballing: http://www.atigunstocks.com/tactical-stocks/294-talon-tactical-shotgun-stock.html CheaperThanDirt.com has it for less than $70, too. Yay!
Nice, buddy! Most the complaints about the Knoxx stock were with the GEN 1 edition. People claim it was smacking them in the chin hard with the recoil being redirected through the tension system. They fixed that with the GEN 2 edition though. I've never had that issue with mine. It significantly reduces recoil; even for the magnum rounds.

-T1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My favorite scene from "Full Metal Jacket."

I literally cry with laughter every time I watch this:

-T1

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That reminds me of... me.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HEY!!! THIS THREAD MADE THE AM NEWSLETTER!!!!

:cheers:

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
maybe it is on the am twitter feed? just a guess there though

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here was the latest edition to my knife collection:

Kabar Zombie Knives:

All of these knives were former designs brought back to life (primarily WW2) which were shown to be very effective and reliable in the combat setting. If you guys don't have one, I highly recommend them.

Check them out here: http://www.pvk.com/webcat/axesmachetes.shtml

-T1

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Their PF9 is an absolutely fantastic little gun. They do make some garbage stuff, but not this one. It's as good as it gets in terms of concealed carry. Let's put it this way, I'd absolutely trust my life with it, and do everyday. I've put 500 rounds through it in practice since getting it and not one malfunction at all.

All you need to do is choose a good defensive 9mm load and you're good-to-go. I personally like Hornady's Critical Defense (which is what I carry), but there are a ton of good options; +P loads are recommends for carry as well, and this gun is rated for that.

-T1

quoted for truth!! I own a Kel-Tec and use it as my secondary CC when I want something lower profile. It is an awesome pistol all around, nice feel and shoots great. I also owned the P-3AT .380 but sold it to pay for my current CC, Kimber Ultra Carry TLE II.
I would recommend the PF-9 to anyone! My wife loves to shoot it as it fits her hands better than the Kimber or my Glock Model 22. But don't let that fool you, I shoot the gun all the time and never have issues with the size in my hands...NEVER.
To hammer Trauma's point home, Hornady Critical Defense is also all I rock in my pistols as well.

and Subbed to this thread, confirming that I found this thread from the AM newsletter!!

also REPS for starting this thread Trauma1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
quoted for truth!! I own a Kel-Tec and use it as my secondary CC when I want something lower profile. It is an awesome pistol all around, nice feel and shoots great. I also owned the P-3AT .380 but sold it to pay for my current CC, Kimber Ultra Carry TLE II.
I would recommend the PF-9 to anyone! My wife loves to shoot it as it fits her hands better than the Kimber or my Glock Model 22. But don't let that fool you, I shoot the gun all the time and never have issues with the size in my hands...NEVER.
To hammer Trauma's point home, Hornady Critical Defense is also all I rock in my pistols as well.

and Subbed to this thread, confirming that I found this thread from the AM newsletter!!

also REPS for starting this thread Trauma1
Awesome! Welcome, bro!

I would love to carry my kimber all the time, but being in Florida, it's not the easiest to conceal in the summer. That's primarily why I chose the PF-9 overall. It's light weight and very easy to conceal.

I think down the line I'd like to get a Glock 36 for CC, but I'm in no rush to do that. My PF9 serves the purpose well right now. I'm glad to hear that you and your wife have had good experiences with it as well.

I like Hornady's critical defense line. I know that it's gotten some bad press by people on youtube who test different ammo load-outs, but I wasn't convinced of any merit with their testing efforts. I think it primarily resides in the fact that it's not a +p load, but it's been shown that it will still penetrate 4 layers of denim and up to 12" of wound cavity expansion based on ballistics gel testing. I'll take that.

I'm bringing my new Glock 21 Gen 4 to the range tomorrow for the first time. I'll throw up a range report tomorrow. I plan to make this my primary home defense weapon (equipped with a TLR-1s light) along with my Remington 870 Tactical.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
I have the BlackHawk Xiphos on my Glock 22. Great light, super bright too.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As long as everything goes as planned, TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!!! Meeting with the guy to sell my .357 tonight at 6, then heading on down to another gun dealer to pick up my new toy...

Went in yesterday to look at the Rem 870 (used) that I saw last time I was there. Gone. Crap!! But I saw this one, and at the price of $350, I said hell yeah! Selling the pistol for exactly that much, so it's a good deal, IMO. Mossy 500 Cruiser, 12 ga, 8 shot, up to 3" mag shells. Put $40 down on it yesterday just to hold it. I can't wait! I have no idea when and where I'm even going to shoot it, but it's going to be a project in the making with all I want to do to it, so I'm stoked.

And because I FINALLY found 'em somewhere in stock, I had to pull the trigger and buy a box....

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Very cool shotgun man! Congrats!

For the Zombie loads, i know impact has had them online. can you order ammo online though? never thought of that until just now. :)

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

For the Zombie loads, i know impact has had them online. can you order ammo online though? never thought of that until just now. :)
Yup, you can definitely order it online. There may be state laws and stuff, but I don't really think so. NJ is tougher than PA on stuff like that. I found these at sportsmansguide.com. I think they were $11.99 for the box of 10, plus $5.99 shipping. When I checked earlier this week, they had all of the ZMax in stock and ready to go. I thought about ordering a box of 9mm, but eh... Right now I'm shotgun-focused! :)

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I'm in. About time this was made.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as everything goes as planned, TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!!! Meeting with the guy to sell my .357 tonight at 6, then heading on down to another gun dealer to pick up my new toy...

Went in yesterday to look at the Rem 870 (used) that I saw last time I was there. Gone. Crap!! But I saw this one, and at the price of $350, I said hell yeah! Selling the pistol for exactly that much, so it's a good deal, IMO. Mossy 500 Cruiser, 12 ga, 8 shot, up to 3" mag shells. Put $40 down on it yesterday just to hold it. I can't wait! I have no idea when and where I'm even going to shoot it, but it's going to be a project in the making with all I want to do to it, so I'm stoked.

And because I FINALLY found 'em somewhere in stock, I had to pull the trigger and buy a box....

Yeah buddy!

There is no better feeling than purchasing a new firearm, haha! Enjoy the project my friend!

-T1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I order all my ammo for the most part online; it's just cheaper if you know where to look. Some sites will require you to fax/email/mail photo id proof of your age, but most don't.

This is probably one of the better places to get your ammo: http://www.sgammo.com/

I'm going to alter my initial post in this thread so it can offer a good resource for both new and current gun owners. It should have everything from best ammo websites to best places to find guns/knives, etc at a good price. It will also have links to gun/knife reviews.

I have a lot planned for this thread, so I hope it turns out to be a very valuable resource to the gun/knife owning community.

-T1

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah buddy!

There is no better feeling than purchasing a new firearm, haha! Enjoy the project my friend!

-T1
Thanks, bro! You know I'll keep ya updated along the way. If not here, then on FB!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
All this shotgun talk has me looking at them now :). Any experience with the mossberg 590? That would be at the high end for me I think. Is it that much better than a 500? They both read to better pretty solid and reliable is the 590 just the milspec version?

As much as I am fighting it a 12 gauge does make sense as a first purchase home defense for a novice.

Now I just need to submit for my firearms Id card. Only $5 to apply but damn it's a 5+ month wait to get it.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Now I just need to submit for my firearms Id card. Only $5 to apply but damn it's a 5+ month wait to get it.

5 months? what state do you live in? man that is a long time, and i thought the 5(ish) days was long enough here in Nebraska.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Nj. Lucky you can still get a license here. Heard rumors at least online you may even need an ammo card or something to even buy ammo.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ummm... License to own a firearm? No, man. Unconstitutional. If anything, you may be thinking of a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Those are different. NO state, not even NY or CA can tell you that you need a permit to buy a firearm. If your federal background check goes through, then you can buy one and keep one at home. The permit means that you can carry it out in public places under a shirt, jacket, etc., and sometimes extends to carry in a car in certain fashions.

Here in PA, things are a bit more lax than NJ. We are an open carry state, which means that I can stroll down the sidewalk with a pistol on my hip for all to see. If I put a shirt on over it, or tuck it in my pants, THEN I need a permit. Goofy how that works, no? lol I can also carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle in plain sight, too.

For a shotgun, unless you plan on buying the pistol grip model that I just did.... YES!! I HAVE IT!!! WOOOO!!!!!!... then it's gonna be really hard to conceal it. Double check me on the local laws, but I'm really pretty sure that you don't need a permit to buy your shottie and keep it in the house for home defense!!

As for your 500 vs 590 question, so far as I know, the 590 usually has more shot capacity. 500 is a 5+1 and the 590 is a 7+1. But, not always. I bought a 500 Cruiser which comes in either the 6 or 8 shot. I got the 8 shot, of course! I think the 590 has a metal trigger guard or something else, too. Not really sure what's the big difference. Just a slightly fancier model, maybe. Honestly, though, I'd say either is just fine. The military has been using Mossbergs and the Remington 870, from what I'm told, for many years. Both are "proven". Moss's are cheaper from what I've seen, and I like the placement of the safety up top (more visible, more deliberate to change it to 'fire') and the action release position. All in all, it comes down to personal taste, IMO.

I'll have to get a pic of mine up here. Nothing too special so far, but it's the one in the picture I posted on the last page - basically, that is, since mine was still in the box so I'm the only one to handle it outside the factory. (Virgin!!!) I already installed a Tac Star 6-shot side saddle on it, and it's loaded with Mil-spec 00 Buck. 2 3/4" rounds. Was going to put the ZMax ammo in the saddle, but the mil-spec ones were darker brass and OD green. They look more bad azz for now. On the way, next pay day at the end of the month, I'll ditch that silly pistol grip.

Oh, and I totally brought the shottie home on the bike. YES!!!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
i am figuring you can go wrong with either. I did some more digging last night and the 500 is set up for easier barrel changes, and the 590 is set up for easier cleaning and what not.. when terms like solid racking and action lock, never jammed on people after pumping countless number of loads of diffrent shot, slugs, brands are in just about every review I feel pretty safe in relying on either.

For the extra $160 or so, if i am going to do it, might as well do it right :) If anything I would upgrade the safety (if at all) and maybe go with the heat shield. Already comes with the stock of choice (not sure if the price is diffrent though) from the factory. Most likely would go with the standard stock unless the adjustible felt more comfortable.

The one i was looking at online had the normal stock 7+1 capacity, and ghost ring sights. Came in around $460. I know sights on a shot gun is a bit un needed (and some people said it slows down the natural aiming using them.) But i am not sure if their was much if any of a price diff to opt out of them.

One of these days I am going to stop at a shop on the way home and do some window shoppign and get a lowdown on the hoops i am going to need to jump through...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Sorry, one more question. was the side saddle much of an effort to install? Is it just a matter of screwing it on?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i triple checked it. even remember it from when i was looking years back.

you have to fill out the app at the police station when the officer who handles them is on duty.

they you have to submit for a permit when you are ready to buy. I really wish i was making it up..

http://www.njsp.org/faq.html

http://chiplakenews.org/wscnjfpIDcard.html
Wow... That's just incredibly retarded!!!! I REALLY don't think that's legal to do!! Sad for you, bro. :( Move to PA! :D

i am figuring you can go wrong with either. I did some more digging last night and the 500 is set up for easier barrel changes, and the 590 is set up for easier cleaning and what not.. when terms like solid racking and action lock, never jammed on people after pumping countless number of loads of diffrent shot, slugs, brands are in just about every review I feel pretty safe in relying on either.

For the extra $160 or so, if i am going to do it, might as well do it right :) If anything I would upgrade the safety (if at all) and maybe go with the heat shield. Already comes with the stock of choice (not sure if the price is diffrent though) from the factory. Most likely would go with the standard stock unless the adjustible felt more comfortable.

The one i was looking at online had the normal stock 7+1 capacity, and ghost ring sights. Came in around $460. I know sights on a shot gun is a bit un needed (and some people said it slows down the natural aiming using them.) But i am not sure if their was much if any of a price diff to opt out of them.

One of these days I am going to stop at a shop on the way home and do some window shoppign and get a lowdown on the hoops i am going to need to jump through...
I hear ya on doing things right! With me, I wanted a solid base, and i got that. The only thing that mine doesn't have that I can't do without a barrel swap is have a breacher barrel. No choke on mine and can't have one. But it's not like I'm going to be blowing doors off anytime soon. It's just something that looked cool. I knew from the start that I was going to mod mine out. I have a tendency to do that to things I buy. Bike, cars, etc.. I spent minimum for what I needed, and I know for sure that I'll be throwing atleast the cost of the gun itself into the mods before I'm done! Stock - $80. Rail - $100. Saddle - $35. Flashlight & laser - $125+. Optics - $125+. That's just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Sorry, one more question. was the side saddle much of an effort to install? Is it just a matter of screwing it on?
Dude, I SUCK at anything mechanical! If it's not pounding in a nail, I can mess it up, and I often mess up nails. This was really easy, though. Punch out the pin at the rear of the trigger mechanism, replace with a longer screw. Open action, remove screw right inside the chamber, replace with longer one. Screw/bolt on adapter plate. Place shell holder on plate, screw in 6 small screws, wham bam thank ya ma'am. The instructions on the package are easy, and when in doubt, YOUTUBE!!!! You wouldn't believe how many great tutorial vids there are on there!!!!

[video=youtube;1BAoCkNiKg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BAoCkNiKg0[/video]

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Seriously I want to get a license now before I can't later on. Still not sure if I need to get finger printed too, (from when i was looking to Substitute Teach back in college, i know that's at least $50)... Really I do not get how weird this state is, considering how lax it is in PA and NY. I could literally go to a garage sale in NY and buy a rifle or shotgun.

I've (and my father for sure as well) done the get the cheapest thing that will get the job done route. and then end up spending as much money getting other things before I just cave and buy the expensive one anyways.

Hogs are worse than guns or guitars or tools. Drop how ever much on the bike and then easily spend half of that or more chroming it. :) When my father got his, they had the "well that's already been chromed at the factory so tack that price onto the bill. Don't think any bikes in the stop were "bone stock" in that respect.

Cool that it is that easy to put on! RE you tube, tell me about it. I learned to install a 2 switch light plate, and field strip a Glock in the same weekend thanks to it :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
what i should do is go out with my inlaws and do a little shooting at the shotgun range. I know they have at least 3?? and easily that many rifles. ony issue is a matter of how they were stored. I know all the rifles would need to be gone over fully before they were used. pretty sure at least one of the shotguns and good to go.

need to ask them what model the pump is. Guessing either Mossy or Rem.. though i guess it could be a Winchester or Ithaca. I know they have had it for years..

Fathers day trip to the Clay Pidgeon range could be nice. need to figure something out :)

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Ummm... License to own a firearm? No, man. Unconstitutional. If anything, you may be thinking of a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Those are different. NO state, not even NY or CA can tell you that you need a permit to buy a firearm. If your federal background check goes through, then you can buy one and keep one at home. The permit means that you can carry it out in public places under a shirt, jacket, etc., and sometimes extends to carry in a car in certain fashions.

Here in PA, things are a bit more lax than NJ. We are an open carry state, which means that I can stroll down the sidewalk with a pistol on my hip for all to see. If I put a shirt on over it, or tuck it in my pants, THEN I need a permit. Goofy how that works, no? lol I can also carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle in plain sight, too.

For a shotgun, unless you plan on buying the pistol grip model that I just did.... YES!! I HAVE IT!!! WOOOO!!!!!!... then it's gonna be really hard to conceal it. Double check me on the local laws, but I'm really pretty sure that you don't need a permit to buy your shottie and keep it in the house for home defense!!

Brother your info is a little off.

Illinois (Crap gun laws) We have to have a FOID card to buy guns, ammo, Powder, and primers (for the reloaders). And we have no CCW we are the last Fen state to have NO CCW. I hate this state. Glad I can carry out side of this state tho.

Gun stores will not even allow you to handle a firearm with out a FOID card. It is not hard to get tho, 30 - 90 day wait and $15 to the state and you can then think about buying a firearm. (You even have to show the FOID card to get a BB gun at Walmart (I think the ones over 600FPS))

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Brother you info is a little off.

Illinois (Crap gun laws) We have to have a FOID card to buy guns, ammo, Powder, and primers (for the reloaders). And we have no CCW we are the last Fen state to have NO CCW. I hate this state. Glad I can carry out side of this state tho.

Gun stores will not even allow you to handle a firearm with out a FOID card. It is not had to get tho 30 - 90 day wait and $15 to the state and you can then think about buying a firearm. (You even have to show the FOID card to get a BB gun at Walmart (I think the ones over 600FPS))
this state blows.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
a state than sucks more than jersey? unheard of! and while i consider myself pretty liberal. and not coming from a gun family, i really do not get it all, like any of it. hell you want a Ma deuce and can afford the ammo and pass the inspections and all that, have at it.

It is like all of a sudden a 30 round mag, pistol grip, and flash suppressor will make a law abiding citizen public enemy #1.

I'm pretty sure getting shot with a flintlock musket would leave you just as dead..

i think i need to move to texas lol

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Ohhhh and Don't even think of Suppressors, AOW, SBRs in Illinois. Can't have any of those fun toys too.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are plenty of states with ****ty state gun laws. While they can't prevent you from owning a firearm (unless you're unlawful or a known felon), each individual state have specific gun laws and restrictions for their state. In the case of CCW permits, many states have reciprocity with each other and will observe your right to carry, however you still have to observe the specific state gun laws that are evident in the state in which you are lawfully carrying.

There is a bill currently in the senate (which has already passed the house) that would allow a national reciprocity of a CCW permit holder in any of the 50 states; that means as a newly enacted federal law it would supersede state law forcing Illinois to comply. So hang tight guys, if this law passes it will get a little better in Illinois.

At the current time, Illinois gun laws are absolutely awful. I don't blame you guys for hating the state. Pretty much most of the north east and California have some seriously bullsh*t gun laws/restrictions. The fact that some states won't allow hi-cap magazines, flash suppressors, or even adjustable stocks is just ridiculous. Thank god Florida is very lenient with their state gun laws and have very few (if any) restrictions. More and more states are now ratifying their own version of the "Castle Doctrine" and "Stand your Ground" laws that were first introduced here in Florida. I'm not going to get much into the whole Martin/Zimmerman case down here in Sanford, FL either. There is not a problem with the specific law that's in place, imo; problems however can arise in how it's interpreted combined with specific individual and situational factors. That's why we have a system of law though, so let them figure that all out in the court of law.

Here's a good resource if you want to take a look at each individual state gun laws:

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws.aspx

-T1

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ohhhh and Don't even think of Suppressors, AOW, SBRs in Illinois. Can't have any of those fun toys too.
Yep, that is ridiculous. Down here we can either apply for a "trust" (which doesn't take long to get done) or apply for our "Class 3" firearms license to purchase suppressors or an automatic weapon. The truth is though, unless you're made of some serious cash, owning an automatic weapon is beyond pricey. The cost of blowing through all that ammo alone is astronomical.

I was looking at a fully automatic M14 at one point...but the $14,000 price tag made me say....nah, I'll stick with my M1A. I am going to submit the paperwork for a "Trust" though because I want to buy a few suppressors down the line. They are more affordable and practical in comparison, imo.

-T1

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brother your info is a little off.

Gun stores will not even allow you to handle a firearm with out a FOID card. It is not hard to get tho, 30 - 90 day wait and $15 to the state and you can then think about buying a firearm. (You even have to show the FOID card to get a BB gun at Walmart (I think the ones over 600FPS))
Are you serious?!?!? Dang, man! That's a whole load of shyt right there! It's the state making you register to buy arms. To me, that looks hella unconstitutional. We have a right to bear arms - buy, own, use. I can see the background checks being universal for the good of public safety, but to actually have to have a permit just to buy something? No sir, I don't like it.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
John, when you speak of reciprocity, what exactly do you mean? Reason I ask is that sometimes on a ride, I pack a pistol in my bike bag. We don't go out of state much, but if I wanted to travel out with the gun, would I legally be allowed to cross the border with it?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you serious?!?!? Dang, man! That's a whole load of shyt right there! It's the state making you register to buy arms. To me, that looks hella unconstitutional. We have a right to bear arms - buy, own, use. I can see the background checks being universal for the good of public safety, but to actually have to have a permit just to buy something? No sir, I don't like it.
Technically they're not preventing you from owning one (unless you're a felon); but more or less making you jump through hoops in order to do so. It's the bullsh*t state laws that really suck. Not every state is completely ridiculous like that, though.

Support the NRA, because they're the only ones looking out to preserve the second amendment at this point anymore. Our government seems to want us all disarmed and rely on them for "protection" these days...

Fukc that! The whole premise of the second amendment is/was to prevent the presentation and oppression of a tyrannical government. Or in other words, BE FREE!

-T1

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
which all the hoops they have us jumping through its liekt hey want to weed out anyone who's not 100% serious.

its one thing to walk into a store do the background check and walk out with a gun (or the 5 day wait or what ever) but you really have to be serious to apply for a permit (to say its ok to get a permit to buy ) wait 5 months, then have to apply for a permit to buy and how ever long that takes to get back and only have a few week window to buy one before it expires....