The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Page 9 of 42 First ... 7891011 ... Last

  1. Put the stock on the shottie last night. A little bit of trouble getting it back together, but that's only because I've never torn apart a shotgun before, but I got it all done and right. Pics will be up later, but lemme tell ya. Ho Lee Fawk. Went from lookin' pretty cool with the pistol grip to absolutely BAD AZZ with that stock/forend combo. I can't WAIT to shoot it now!!!
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.


  2. Been thinking since last night about what you said about weight, John. First thing I noticed when I picked it up after the furniture install was the weight. It's gettin' heavy, and I haven't even loaded the mag yet. I really like the look and function of a full-length rail. Wanted to put an optic on it, and eventually some flip-up ghost rings. But now I'm rethinking that. I may try to look for a small rail that mounts to the ejector side only so I don't lose the side saddle and go with a small holo on that. Probably add a small rail attached to the mag tube like you have there and put the flashlight on it. As for the laser, the one I chose is low-profile and I'm thinking it might go well on a rail right in front of the optic. Wheels are turnin'!!

    Wanted to ask a question about slings. Going to be making my para sling this weekend. I have a few attachment options. End of the mag tube, which puts the swivel out further than the end of the barrel, on the grip (one of the new rails), right or left side of the stock attachment (for single-point sling), and one at the butt on the stock. I put the swivel on the very front right now, but that's gonna put it out in the "blast zone", which I think might heat up the paracord. Probably not good. How do you feel about putting the front attachment point on the forend/grip? I want to do a 2-point, but might do a single in the future just to have a few options for myself. Thoughts???
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
    •   
       


  3. Nice firearms... especially that shotgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    A few more pics of projects in progress:


    I've added the belt clip, new northwood custom trigger, and crimson trace laser to my PF9. I absolutely love how it came out and now it's officially ready when/if I ever need to call upon it. The trigger was an absolute bitch changing out. Kel Tec uses a barbed pin that holds their trigger into the trigger axis; why, I have no idea. Needless to say, a lot of f-bombs were dropped, lol:

    Attachment 58821


    Here's the Remington 870 tactical after I installed a new optic (Vortex Sparc) and added a Mako group forend coupled with my Streamlight TLR-1s light. I'm very pleased how this came out as well. I have a laser to add on it if I want, but I want to keep this as light as possible:

    Attachment 58822


    Here's just a few random pics of pistols after their cleaning:


    Glock 17 Gen3

    Attachment 58823


    Glock 21 Gen4 with TLR-1s weapon light


    Attachment 58824

    And last but certainly not least, my "number 1." This is my Kimber Pro Covert 2. I keep this baby in the nightstand at all times. She has crimson trace laser grips and meprolight night sights installed. Kimber guns are WAY overpriced, but they certainly are of very high quality. This gun is about as accurate as it gets with a handgun. The 1911 platform is an amazing machine:


    Attachment 58825




    -T1

  4. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    Been thinking since last night about what you said about weight, John. First thing I noticed when I picked it up after the furniture install was the weight. It's gettin' heavy, and I haven't even loaded the mag yet. I really like the look and function of a full-length rail. Wanted to put an optic on it, and eventually some flip-up ghost rings. But now I'm rethinking that. I may try to look for a small rail that mounts to the ejector side only so I don't lose the side saddle and go with a small holo on that. Probably add a small rail attached to the mag tube like you have there and put the flashlight on it. As for the laser, the one I chose is low-profile and I'm thinking it might go well on a rail right in front of the optic. Wheels are turnin'!!

    Wanted to ask a question about slings. Going to be making my para sling this weekend. I have a few attachment options. End of the mag tube, which puts the swivel out further than the end of the barrel, on the grip (one of the new rails), right or left side of the stock attachment (for single-point sling), and one at the butt on the stock. I put the swivel on the very front right now, but that's gonna put it out in the "blast zone", which I think might heat up the paracord. Probably not good. How do you feel about putting the front attachment point on the forend/grip? I want to do a 2-point, but might do a single in the future just to have a few options for myself. Thoughts???
    Yeah the weight really adds up quickly. My ar-15 is pretty freakin' heavy with everything I have on it. I like tactical options, but sometimes they're just a want rather than a necessity. I want to keep the shottie as light as possible. Right now with just the light and sling it's perfect. I have a laser for it, but it's just gonna add more weight I don't need.

    Let me see a pick of what the shottie looks like now and I'll give you some suggestions. You'll definitely have a few options on what you can do.



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  5. Quote Originally Posted by AlexErdellan View Post
    Nice firearms... especially that shotgun
    Thanks, bro.



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post

    Handgun Ammo Stopping Power

    Awesome info there!!
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Yeah the weight really adds up quickly. My ar-15 is pretty freakin' heavy with everything I have on it. I like tactical options, but sometimes they're just a want rather than a necessity. I want to keep the shottie as light as possible. Right now with just the light and sling it's perfect. I have a laser for it, but it's just gonna add more weight I don't need.

    Let me see a pick of what the shottie looks like now and I'll give you some suggestions. You'll definitely have a few options on what you can do.



    -T1
    And here she is, complete with new furniture!



    Had some thoughts... Simple rail on the top with a reflex site, mount the micro-laser in front of it just below the sight line. The one I picked out is VERY light. It's kinda a handgun model, I suppose. I had given thought to other sights too, but thinking of weight, a full rail on it would be heavy. I could go with ATI's free-floating heat shield with ghost ring sights. They're rather small and I'd need to remove the optics to use 'em, but they'd still be there in a pinch. Not sure yet...

    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    And here she is, complete with new furniture!



    Had some thoughts... Simple rail on the top with a reflex site, mount the micro-laser in front of it just below the sight line. The one I picked out is VERY light. It's kinda a handgun model, I suppose. I had given thought to other sights too, but thinking of weight, a full rail on it would be heavy. I could go with ATI's free-floating heat shield with ghost ring sights. They're rather small and I'd need to remove the optics to use 'em, but they'd still be there in a pinch. Not sure yet...


    Nice boomstick, Tim! It came out great, buddy.

    I like the ATI rail for sure. I think adding the ghost ring and front sight will perform very well and definitely replace the need for an optic for HD. Make sure that the laser you're buying will hold up to the 12g recoil. Many of the pistol-designed laser models don't fair well when you try to adapt them to higher power platform. Sometimes they workout good; other times not so much.



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  9. This is why I only buy Magpul Pmag's for my AR-15:





    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  10. You have to love any products that stand up to the pickup truck or baseball bat tests.

  11. Dang T-AD that is a sweet shottie!!!

    Trauma1 who is that in your avatar? She is smokin!
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    Dang T-AD that is a sweet shottie!!!

    Trauma1 who is that in your avatar? She is smokin!
    Jamie Eason.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  13. ahh i thought so, buddy of mine met her in Dallas drinking with some mutual friends. said she was pretty down to earth.
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!

  14. Damn, glad I found this thread!

    Some nice equipment in here...
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  15. The primary 5.56 x 45mm 55 grain ball ammo(Federal XM 193) that I use in my AR-15. This just goes to show you how devastating this round can be. The high velocity forces tumbling and fragmentation on impact just as it was designed to do. This is a pretty good demonstration of that.





    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  16. For all y'all who are not FB friends with me, here's some shots of the new sling that I made this weekend. 550 paracord. I started out with 2 50' lengths of each color. By the time I was done, I probably had less than 15 feet left. I had planned to make a matching bracelet for myself, but didn't have nearly enough! Time to reorder! Definitely happy with how it turned out, though. Put the pics up and already have 3 requests to make for other people!!! Cha-ching... well, not really big moneys, but maybe a few bucks. Probably sell 'em for like $40-$45 each, which isn't too bad seeing as I put about 4 hours into the dang things! Definitely fun, though!



    Close-up of the weave (Wide solomon bar)
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  17. looks great!

  18. 50% off at brownells (20$ for a 40$ giftcard) at gearhog.

    Also anyone else jump on that swfa 5-20 and 1-6 deal? I got my 5-20 on friday.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    For all y'all who are not FB friends with me, here's some shots of the new sling that I made this weekend. 550 paracord. I started out with 2 50' lengths of each color. By the time I was done, I probably had less than 15 feet left. I had planned to make a matching bracelet for myself, but didn't have nearly enough! Time to reorder! Definitely happy with how it turned out, though. Put the pics up and already have 3 requests to make for other people!!! Cha-ching... well, not really big moneys, but maybe a few bucks. Probably sell 'em for like $40-$45 each, which isn't too bad seeing as I put about 4 hours into the dang things! Definitely fun, though!



    Close-up of the weave (Wide solomon bar)

    Every thing is looking great on that Shotgun.

    Would be more on here but have been on a vacation with the family in Florida. Just finally getting time to go to the shooting range. For some alone time with a couple of my best friends.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  20. Woot is offering a bunch of Smith and Wesson assisted opening knives today.

    Wait...is that posting a "source"? lol

  21. My long range AR15 wearing her new SWFA 5-20HD

  22. Anyone have a Lever gun? Shot my first lever action yesterday in 44mag. Awesome! And now I am looking for one in 45-70.

  23. that sling is suh-weet
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    Anyone have a Lever gun? Shot my first lever action yesterday in 44mag. Awesome! And now I am looking for one in 45-70.
    Damn that sharps or springfield trapdoor sized rounds right?



    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    Anyone have a Lever gun? Shot my first lever action yesterday in 44mag. Awesome! And now I am looking for one in 45-70.
    My first gun was my Winchester 30/30. Old school cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by mustang0341 View Post
    that sling is suh-weet
    Thanks! Need one?
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. official overtraining thread!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 03:02 PM
  2. post in official thread.
    By Swole215 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 10:35 AM
  3. THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD
    By SELFofGOD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Official boxmeman thread
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
  5. Official NFL Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Log in
Log in