The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Page 9 of 35 First ... 7891011 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS

    I wouldn't see why not. Aside from the cost of them. If your using them for CCW there fine.
    Lol, yeah man they are not for the range, thats why I'm asking. I've never run +p through my gun, the manual said not too. Right now I've a dpx as my first round followed by some Winchester hp
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.


  2. What are you using the ammo in? 1911?

    I would also listen to your manual. Most modern guns can handle +P ammo. Tho I have not been one to use it.

    My CCW personal ammo is Hornady Critical Defense 9mm 115.

    http://www.hornady.com/store/Critical-Defense-newammo/

    Its one of the few I have found that is not a +P 115 gr. ammo. I use a Walther P99 as my CCW and don't want to wear it out to soon. But that is my personal opinion.

    Tho I do sometimes use a Glock 19.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS
    What are you using the ammo in? 1911?
    Taurus 24/7
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.

  4. I edit my post above yours.

    Here is a Editor that tested the Taurus 24/7 with +P and even +P+.

    But use with caution.

    http://www.gunblast.com/RKCampbell-Taurus247.htm
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS
    I edit my post above yours.

    Here is a Editor that tested the Taurus 24/7 with +P and even +P+.

    But use with caution.

    http://www.gunblast.com/RKCampbell-Taurus247.htm
    Thanks man!
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.
    •   
       


  6. Y'all heard about .300 AAC black out? It's a great little round (.30 cal bullet shoved into a cut .223 casing) for shooting suppressed. We just got a new upper a few weeks back and havnt had a chance to test it out, working on eventually getting a can for it

    I really need to win that drawing for a g26 I entered a while back, I've been carrying a little .380 because my g19 gets heavy when wearing shorts and prints a little to easy with a t-shirt.

  7. Update!!!

    Got some more material (finally) and finished my sling last night. Added the shoulder pad / shell holder. Holds 6 shells securely and fits really nicely. Not sure I am 100% on how it looks finished because I think I messed up just a weeeeee bit, but I'll definitely run with it! Grand total on the rig is 6 in the saddle, 6 on the sling, 8 in the stick. BOOM.

    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  8. but what happens if there are 21 people breaking into your house?

    Great job on the sling!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    Update!!!

    Got some more material (finally) and finished my sling last night. Added the shoulder pad / shell holder. Holds 6 shells securely and fits really nicely. Not sure I am 100% on how it looks finished because I think I messed up just a weeeeee bit, but I'll definitely run with it! Grand total on the rig is 6 in the saddle, 6 on the sling, 8 in the stick. BOOM.

    Very nice looking Shotgun. Great job on the sling.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by tsugsr View Post
    Y'all heard about .300 AAC black out? It's a great little round (.30 cal bullet shoved into a cut .223 casing) for shooting suppressed. We just got a new upper a few weeks back and havnt had a chance to test it out, working on eventually getting a can for it

    I really need to win that drawing for a g26 I entered a while back, I've been carrying a little .380 because my g19 gets heavy when wearing shorts and prints a little to easy with a t-shirt.
    300 BlackOut is a nice good shooting round. Easy to reload to, if your into that. I'm not big on resizing .223 cases in to .300 because you still have the .223 marking on the bottom. Yes you can tell the difference but there are other cases that are close and hard to tell the diff. IE. 9mm and 9x18. Hard to tell the difference and easy to mess up.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    but what happens if there are 21 people breaking into your house?

    Great job on the sling!
    Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    Very nice looking Shotgun. Great job on the sling.
    Thanks, gents. And if there are 21 people, I either have the 9mm as back-up, or... stay tuned for upcoming project.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    300 BlackOut is a nice good shooting round. Easy to reload to, if your into that. I'm not big on resizing .223 cases in to .300 because you still have the .223 marking on the bottom. Yes you can tell the difference but there are other cases that are close and hard to tell the diff. IE. 9mm and 9x18. Hard to tell the difference and easy to mess up.
    assuming either of those mixups is equal too trying to fire a 20 gauge shell in a 12 gauge?

  13. Saw a truck on the way into work - back window was covered in Glock Nation, Ruger, NRA, and other similar stickers (best being WARNING: this driver only carrys $20.00 in ammunition )

    But dead center: Dancing Bears..

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    Saw a truck on the way into work - back window was covered in Glock Nation, Ruger, NRA, and other similar stickers (best being WARNING: this driver only carrys $20.00 in ammunition )

    But dead center: Dancing Bears..
    Just means he is sensitive.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  15. Hit up the biggest gun shop in the state this weekend and a pretty big army/navy store as well. Can you say "Kid in a candy store"??? While inquiring about a reflex sight for the shotty, the guy said that he had one on an AR and handed it to me. First time I ever held one! And... didn't like it. Too light for me, too small, and overall just not interested. However, I did finally get to play around with a Nagant! DEFINITELY going to get one of these in the future! $100 for a brute like that is definitely up my alley!
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    Hit up the biggest gun shop in the state this weekend and a pretty big army/navy store as well. Can you say "Kid in a candy store"??? While inquiring about a reflex sight for the shotty, the guy said that he had one on an AR and handed it to me. First time I ever held one! And... didn't like it. Too light for me, too small, and overall just not interested. However, I did finally get to play around with a Nagant! DEFINITELY going to get one of these in the future! $100 for a brute like that is definitely up my alley!
    Not bad rifle don't have one yet tho. Some people keep saying the supply may dry up soon. But who knows. I know when I started looking for different surplus rifles the Nagants were around $75. But know they are around $100. So something is happening. Just like CMP's Rifles you could get a nice M1 for around $400 a couple years back not so much now.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  17. for some reason today i have the urge to own a Ma Deuce and or a Deuce and a half. not sure why

    Happy 4th folks!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    for some reason today i have the urge to own a Ma Deuce and or a Deuce and a half. not sure why

    Happy 4th folks!
    Mount a Ma Deuce on a Deuce and a half, drive down the road and make everyone else drop a deuce? Sounds like an epic plan to me!!!!!
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    Mount a Ma Deuce on a Deuce and a half, drive down the road and make everyone else drop a deuce? Sounds like an epic plan to me!!!!!
    some how i think i would make it onto the news if it tried it

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    some how i think i would make it onto the news if it tried it
    Just say bath salts made you do it.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  21. other thing I learned being a few feet down range from a volley of 1860(?) Springfields - damn the percussion from them is crazy... hit me more than the bang honestly nearly pushed me back. Can see why snipers died from the blast waves alone back then..

  22. Damn, it's been a bit since I last posted in here. Waz up?!

    I have a few projects in the work right now gun-wise. I've taken my Mosin Sniper and am completely refinishing the stock; duracoat the metal parts matte black; float the barrel; and putting in a match grade (huber concepts) trigger and original finnish m39 sear spring. The trigger mods alone should significantly reduce the trigger pull and improve accuracy.

    I've already finished the stock and it came out awesome! I used a lighter color stain and I like it. The duracoat should be here any day now and I'll get going on the next phase. I'll get some pics up once this baby is finally finished. I should mentioned that I initially used birchwood casey's "cold blue" to refinish the metal parts; it just didn't look right even after prepping the metal as good as I could. Nothing is comparable to a factory hot blue anyway, but honestly that whole process fukcing sucks. The duracoat will offer a very nice finish that will last forever; and a hell of a lot easier to apply as long as the prep work is good.

    I also enrolled in Penn Foster's online gunsmith program. I'm doing it more for background information and general knowledge right now. I may look to see if there is a gunsmith around here that needs an apprentice so I can get some time in the machining aspect. This is something I plan to implement as a side career at some point.

    Oh yeah, I put a Glock 26 Gen 4 on layaway today. I'm going to eventually replace my Kel Tec PF9 with it. The Kel Tec has given me some issues lately with FTE. It's a common problem with the gun and a result of poor extractor spring design. I've replaced it and put some blue loctite on it; so far so good, but I don't trust the gun anymore with my life. It will still find its way into my CCW rotation, but there is just something to be said for the accuracy and reliability of Glock. I've probably put 5-6,000 rounds through Glocks over the last few years and NEVER had even one malfunction.

    I also traded in my Kimber and bought a Glock 23 Gen 4, some extra mags, and a Lone wolf .357 Sig conversion barrel. It's like having two guns in one now. I finally got to try out the .357 Sig conversion barrel yesterday. It was flawless and fun to shoot. It's a shame the .357 Sig is so damn expensive, because the ballistics on the round are very good.



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  23. Definitely interested in seeing how the Nagant turns out. When I eventually have mine, I wouldn't mind have the metal coated somehow, too. I'd imagine that shipping it out is gonna be a bit tricky and expensive, though... lol


    Not necessarily gun/firearm/knife related but along the survival-type lines... If anyone is interested in paracord goodies, check out Z-Cord on Facebook. Store set up to take custom orders and everything. Prices beat anyone else that I've seen, too. I hear the owner is a bit of a douche, though... HA!!

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Z-Cord/335314743216287
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    Definitely interested in seeing how the Nagant turns out. When I eventually have mine, I wouldn't mind have the metal coated somehow, too. I'd imagine that shipping it out is gonna be a bit tricky and expensive, though... lol


    Not necessarily gun/firearm/knife related but along the survival-type lines... If anyone is interested in paracord goodies, check out Z-Cord on Facebook. Store set up to take custom orders and everything. Prices beat anyone else that I've seen, too. I hear the owner is a bit of a douche, though... HA!!

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Z-Cord/335314743216287

    Werd...what a douche.

    Speaking of...I need to place an order now...

    Definitely check out the store, guys. GREAT prices!



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  25. I should also report that I received my 03 FFL Curio and Relics license from the ATF yesterday! I can't believe it only took 30 days to process and get it.

    Time to start ordering some milsurp rifles right to my front door!



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  26. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I should also report that I received my 03 FFL Curio and Relics license from the ATF yesterday! I can't believe it only took 30 days to process and get it.

    Time to start ordering some milsurp rifles right to my front door!



    -T1
    Congrats the first order is the best because it comes straight to you from the other FFL. Make sure to make a bond book or buy one.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  27. I'm getting all my forearms off the record now. I read up on Obamacare and now if this part of Obamacare goes into effect they can access your medical records and deny you from owning a gun claiming you are mentally deficient, even if you never been convicted of a felony or been set to an institution. You can be denied just by having ADHD. Welcome to Stalin's Soviet Russia.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    Congrats the first order is the best because it comes straight to you from the other FFL. Make sure to make a bond book or buy one.
    Thanks, bro. I'm psyched!

    Definitely gonna make the book first order of business.


    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  29. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I'm getting all my forearms off the record now. I read up on Obamacare and now if this part of Obamacare goes into effect they can access your medical records and deny you from owning a gun claiming you are mentally deficient, even if you never been convicted of a felony or been set to an institution. You can be denied just by having ADHD. Welcome to Stalin's Soviet Russia.
    In ways, they kinda do that already. In order to get an FFL, you grant the ATF access to your medical records anyway. If they don't like what they see, they can deny you; even take what you have if you something pops up. They don't have that access right now though in approving gun sales through NICS unless you pop up as either a felon or have been reported as involuntarily admitted to a psychiatric institution or mentally defective; but you're right, that can all change.

    This obamacare bull**** is the beginning of the end. I'm honestly more concerned about this UN Gun Treaty that's being discussed right now. If the senate is stupid enough to ratify this atrocity to the constitution (more specifically the second amendment), then you can begin to prepare for the 2nd American Revolution, because it won't be far off.



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. official overtraining thread!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 03:02 PM
  2. post in official thread.
    By Swole215 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 10:35 AM
  3. THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD
    By SELFofGOD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Official boxmeman thread
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
  5. Official NFL Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Log in
Log in