The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Page 24 of 26 First ... 192223242526 Last
  1. Senior Member
    WarcraftJJS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    93589
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    0.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Lol, suppressors are illegal just about everywhere.
    Here you go.

    http://www.silencersarelegal.com/#silencer_ownership

    Very few states left. I'm in the worst one tho. Just got my "Privilege" to CCW.
    Oh and the ability to have SBRs. Thank you to the FFL03 I have.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  2. Senior Member
    WarcraftJJS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    93589
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    0.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    Warcraft you're right most won't but 9 mm cans are mostly made for pistols with 5 inch or shorter barrels so you would be fine.

    For everyone who lives in commie states and can't own suppressors. Texas is lovely
    True, I was thinking about 556 cans. I would still read the warranty.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  3. Senior Member
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,364
    Rep Power
    768551
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Any reasons why I should NOT buy used firearms from a legit store?
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,399
    Rep Power
    1009924
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    14.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Any reasons why I should NOT buy used firearms from a legit store?
    No, usually a good way to get good firearms inexspensively. 3 of my handguns I got used. But if your shop has a range so you can test shoot first I would.
  5. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,399
    Rep Power
    1009924
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    14.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Also depends on the Brand. Some I trust used more than others.
  6. Senior Member
    WarcraftJJS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    93589
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    0.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Any reasons why I should NOT buy used firearms from a legit store?
    Couple of my guns are used. Most of the 22 rifles I've bought for my Son and Daughter are used. Like moutainman 33 said great way to get firearms inexpensively also I look for specific brands too. Also some shops will even warranty some of them. Most are gone though by the shop gunsmith. Got a great deal on a Glock that way.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  7. Senior Member
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,364
    Rep Power
    768551
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Also depends on the Brand. Some I trust used more than others.
    Glock 30?
  8. Senior Member
    WarcraftJJS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    93589
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    0.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

    Glock 30?
    I wouldn't see a problem with any Glocks I had a friend get a Police turn in glock and it is still running great.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  9. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,399
    Rep Power
    1009924
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    14.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post

    I wouldn't see a problem with any Glocks I had a friend get a Police turn in glock and it is still running great.
    One of my Ruger P95's is a former police side arm as well. I've put about 3000 rounds through it and only 1 stove pipe out of all of those.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  10. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    33
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4916
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    25.76%

    Used guns are awesome. My only rule is I won't buy a used gun unless I would by that same gun new. If you get something high quality (sig, glock, smith, ruger, colt etc...) I wouldn't worry unless it was a modded 1911 or something.

    I've never owned a Springfield, Beretta, or Kimber but some folks really love em so I'd consider a good deal on any of the mentioned brands.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  11. Banned
    absurd's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    14.84%

    Springfield Armory > Glock imo. I got a XDM 40 and it's awesome holds 16 rounds + 1. I don't buy at stores they overcharge like crazy in most cases.
    Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore | Online Shopping for Firearms, Ammunition and Shooting Accessories

    No tax and free two day shipping then I just pay $30 for transfer fee at Cabelas.
  12. Senior Member
    WarcraftJJS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    93589
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    0.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by absurd View Post
    Springfield Armory > Glock imo. I got a XDM 40 and it's awesome holds 16 rounds + 1. I don't buy at stores they overcharge like crazy in most cases.
    Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore | Online Shopping for Firearms, Ammunition and Shooting Accessories

    No tax and free two day shipping then I just pay $30 for transfer fee at Cabelas.
    I do that too. But not to often. Most of the FFLs around me want to charge $50-$100 for a transfer. I'm going to have to talk to Cabelas. I haven't even asked just because I was afraid to ask the cost from them.

    Still thinking of getting my FFL01. Then no transfer fee.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  13. Banned
    absurd's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    14.84%

    Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    I do that too. But not to often. Most of the FFLs around me want to charge $50-$100 for a transfer. I'm going to have to talk to Cabelas. I haven't even asked just because I was afraid to ask the cost from them.

    Still thinking of getting my FFL01. Then no transfer fee.
    Yeah I was surprised that they charged so little. The XDM at cabelas was $769!!! I only paid $539 shipped. When I went to pick it up they were like we wish you bought it from us. LOL! If you did price matching then sure I would but get real I saved almost $200 after transfer fee included.
  14. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74319
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by absurd View Post
    Yeah I was surprised that they charged so little. The XDM at cabelas was $769!!! I only paid $539 shipped. When I went to pick it up they were like we wish you bought it from us. LOL! If you did price matching then sure I would but get real I saved almost $200 after transfer fee included.
    I'm shocked they did that transfer for you. Most shops with those prices won't transfer guns in that they have in stock. Good find.
  15. Senior Member
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,364
    Rep Power
    768551
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I just bought a Sig 1911 and got a free 1911-22. Never heard of a deal like that and neither have the shop owners. They said once Sig reaches 10,000 bites on the US promo, it is over. Started today. I'm stoked.
  16. Elite Member
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,923
    Rep Power
    3251482
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    38.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    A buy one get one???? thats awesome! how much did it set you back?
  17. Elite Member
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,923
    Rep Power
    3251482
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    38.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    Imo 7.5inch so you can add a can and fit it all under an 11 Inch rail. And be sure to keep it subsonic.
    Hey bro I decided to go with the 7.5 in thanks for the input.
    On a side not I thought it was cool my mom and her entire church ladies group went and got their CC yesterday and every one of them passed.
  18. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    33
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4916
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    25.76%

    Dope brother! Enjoy it man I'd like to get a sub caliber upper at some point. Also awesome to hear your mom's church group got ccw's!
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  19. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    33
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4916
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    25.76%

    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I just bought a Sig 1911 and got a free 1911-22. Never heard of a deal like that and neither have the shop owners. They said once Sig reaches 10,000 bites on the US promo, it is over. Started today. I'm stoked.
    That's a sweet deal man if I could swing a sig 1911 right now I would but the wife and I are saving for a vacation.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  20. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,399
    Rep Power
    1009924
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    14.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post

    That's a sweet deal man if I could swing a sig 1911 right now I would but the wife and I are saving for a vacation.
    Tax returns? That's my plan at the moment.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  21. New Member
    the Phoenix's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    86972
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    61.34%

    I've been reading the post & they are good posts but haven't come across anyone with concerns over the new attempts by anti-gun politicians to craft legislation that would allow gun dealers & brokers to submit their sales registers & back ground checks to the government that would create a list of gun owners. In Australia, once guns became outlawed, the first to have their guns confiscated were law-abiding gun registered owners.
  22. Advanced Member
    Oscar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    960
    Rep Power
    195283
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    48.87%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    In america they can try and confiscate but a lot of us have the from my cold dead hands attitude and would likely respond to any attempt to confiscate our arms with deadly force
    The Swole Stoner
  23. Senior Member
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    61393
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    34.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    In america they can try and confiscate but a lot of us have the from my cold dead hands attitude and would likely respond to any attempt to confiscate our arms with deadly force
    Ya I seriously doubt that.
  24. Elite Member
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,923
    Rep Power
    3251482
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    38.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    In america they can try and confiscate but a lot of us have the from my cold dead hands attitude and would likely respond to any attempt to confiscate our arms with deadly force
    The government would go broke trying to do a buy back plan. And I doubt that an attempt to confiscate would do much good even if it was peaceful. I would imagine that most people would just hide their arms
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site.
  25. Senior Member
    MANotaur's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,347
    Rep Power
    450148
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    45.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Im not worried about it-for a few reasons really.

    1. Theres no way a law or full gun ban would ever get passed in the US. And even if theu did-they would never be able to co.finscate them. In all reality it would just be a banbon all future sales-and thats it.
    2. Everybody that is in the US legally is already on "A LIST" or "The List". You have an SSN, you pay taxes, you have a drivers license, most have some form of a bank acct...if they want to find you,they can
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  26. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,399
    Rep Power
    1009924
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    14.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro
  27. Elite Member
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,923
    Rep Power
    3251482
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    38.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Im not worried about it-for a few reasons really.

    1. Theres no way a law or full gun ban would ever get passed in the US. And even if theu did-they would never be able to co.finscate them. In all reality it would just be a banbon all future sales-and thats it.
    2. Everybody that is in the US legally is already on "A LIST" or "The List". You have an SSN, you pay taxes, you have a drivers license, most have some form of a bank acct...if they want to find you,they can
    The closest thing to a ban they could do is create an ammo shortage like last year
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site.
  28. New Member
    Fzisn1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    4798
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%



    Springfield XD(M) competition.
  29. New Member
    the Phoenix's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    86972
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    61.34%

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    In america they can try and confiscate but a lot of us have the from my cold dead hands attitude and would likely respond to any attempt to confiscate our arms with deadly force
    And some of us haven't registered them for this very reason.....
  30. New Member
    Fzisn1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    4798
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    The thing is, ever since the politicians started hyping sandy hook for gun legislation, gun sales have gone up 50%
  31. New Member
    Fzisn1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    4798
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    I think AR ownership went from 4million to over 6million, my friend builds them on the side an is like 30 gun backed up right now.
  32. Senior Member
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    61393
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    34.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fzisn1 View Post
    The thing is, ever since the politicians started hyping sandy hook for gun legislation, gun sales have gone up 50%
    Just curious ever think that might be the point? Think about it all this conspiracy stuff that goes on about guns and what's does it really do, spikes gun sales. I mean seriously the government might actually be smarter than we think.
  33. New Member
    Fzisn1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    4798
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Just curious ever think that might be the point? Think about it all this conspiracy stuff that goes on about guns and what's does it really do, spikes gun sales. I mean seriously the government might actually be smarter than we think.
    It wouldn't surprise me. People think bc they have firearms they could start a revolution or defend themselves from the government but we just wouldn't stand a chance; with or without. One guard unit prob has a stockpile of m-16s, which are obviously more effective than most ARs people are packing. Lastly, people think that Iraq was unsuccessful... As a goal for "democracy," it was, as a mission? We dominated Sadam's forces; so much that other world powers openly admitted that they had to adjust their strategic plans because they felt ill-equipped to handle our war strategy.
  34. Senior Member
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    61393
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    34.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fzisn1 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me. People think bc they have firearms they could start a revolution or defend themselves from the government but we just wouldn't stand a chance; with or without. One guard unit prob has a stockpile of m-16s, which are obviously more effective than most ARs people are packing. .

    Thank you for saying what I have always said on this board, they call people like us "sheeple" I call us people with common sense.
  35. New Member
    Fzisn1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    4798
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    29.74%

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Thank you for saying what I have always said on this board, they call people like us "sheeple" I call us people with common sense.
    Their could be an agenda though..... Considering chicago already has a gun ban, it's possible for the govt to take those steps... I go both ways in it.
  36. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74319
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Bought a fun little 22 yesterday from a guy at work. It's an old Remington 582 made in 1978; tube-fed bolt action. It shoots 22S, 22L, and 22LR. It's got a nice Redfield peep sight installed and is a hoot to shoot. Lots of fun today playing with it. Also took out one of my other AK's I haven't shot. Weeeeeeee
  37. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,399
    Rep Power
    1009924
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    14.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Anyone ever tried bidgunner.com? Took me a while to really get it figured out but I won a Smith and Wesson M+P 40 for $95.00. Just have to pay the handler fee at the shop up the road. Thought it was a bunch of crap at first, but after learning the system it made a ton of sense and now I'm fired up to try and win more.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  38. Advanced Member
    Slappy244's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    639
    Rep Power
    203407
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    97.31%

    any gp100 owners here. i'm looking for a nice wheel gun and i think i've narrowed it down to the gp100 or 686. it's a fun gun so i don't really care how heavy double action is (within reason).
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.
  39. Advanced Member
    Tansui's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    33
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    4916
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    25.76%

    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy244 View Post
    any gp100 owners here. i'm looking for a nice wheel gun and i think i've narrowed it down to the gp100 or 686. it's a fun gun so i don't really care how heavy double action is (within reason).
    I don't own any revolvers but the gp 100 is one of my top 3. I don't think any handgun feels more comfortable in my hand then that gun. (The other 2 revolvers on my list are the LCR 357 and Redhawk Alaskan in 454 casaull)
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  40. Banned
    absurd's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    14.84%

    Quote Originally Posted by Fzisn1 View Post


    Springfield XD(M) competition.
    Badass I went with the 3.8 and 40s&w so I can conceal it.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. official overtraining thread!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 03:02 PM
  2. post in official thread.
    By Swole215 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 10:35 AM
  3. THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD
    By SELFofGOD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Official boxmeman thread
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
  5. Official NFL Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 05:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in