The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 23

The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Page 23 of 26 First ... 182122232425 ... Last
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    Bushmaster ar-15. I just put the foregrip w/ flashlight and a red dot on it. You guys ever heard of monstrum tactical. It was inexpensive but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality
    Dude thats a sweet first rig!! Lol im jelly!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

Dope! Every carbine needs a light a harness and optics. After that take some carbine classes.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Lol it took a lil time convincing the wife that "we" needed one.
    •   

Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

Lol it took a lil time convincing the wife that "we" needed one.
    Haha! Try convincing her you need a 2nd one and multiple carry options lol
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I bought most of my guns before my wife and I got married, but luckily she's into firearms as well so there's pretty even attention on both sides.

I have two .223 AR15's, both are Bushmaster. I keep one in my truck and one in the house. The handgun I carry on me is a Kimber .45 that I keep in my truck. I also keep a pump action .870 remington magnum shotgun in my truck. In the house I keep a .40acp Smith & Wesson with 2 16 round clips, an identical .9MM (S&D series), a S&W .38special (wife's), Sig Sayer 1911 edition .45 with 4 8 round clips, a springfield .40 xd, and a model 1200 .12 gauge pump action shotgun. In hunting rifles I've got a savage .30-06, stevens .243, marlin .270 (all bolt action), marlin .30-06 (lever action) and of course the AR. I couldn't count the knives if I sat down and tried.

But my favorite of them all is my 2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder bow. Shoots like a dream .
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    I bought most of my guns before my wife and I got married, but luckily she's into firearms as well so there's pretty even attention on both sides.

I have two .223 AR15's, both are Bushmaster. I keep one in my truck and one in the house. The handgun I carry on me is a Kimber .45 that I keep in my truck. I also keep a pump action .870 remington magnum shotgun in my truck. In the house I keep a .40acp Smith & Wesson with 2 16 round clips, an identical .9MM (S&D series), a S&W .38special (wife's), Sig Sayer 1911 edition .45 with 4 8 round clips, a springfield .40 xd, and a model 1200 .12 gauge pump action shotgun. In hunting rifles I've got a savage .30-06, stevens .243, marlin .270 (all bolt action), marlin .30-06 (lever action) and of course the AR. I couldn't count the knives if I sat down and tried.

But my favorite of them all is my 2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder bow. Shoots like a dream .
    All this AND he lifts!
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    All this AND he lifts!
    LOL thanks man. Yeah, I've been shooting since I was about 10 years old. Been lifting weights since I was 14-15. Both are a huge part of my life.
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

LOL thanks man. Yeah, I've been shooting since I was about 10 years old. Been lifting weights since I was 14-15. Both are a huge part of my life.
    Living the dream my man. Waiting on my silly firearms ID card from the state police. Then, it's off to the gun shop (and the wife's buying!)
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

You got some sweet stuff. I love bows and bow hunting its so much fun.

I might have to debate you on your choice of archery gear though. For what you pay for a hoyt-ive never been real impressed. Especially since they went to that split limb technology--talk about a pain in the ass to tune.

My favorite bows have been my mathews (3rd gen solocam) and my PSE Stingray. Ive since got last years PSE and OMG its straight butter on the draw. Im gonna put some heavy duty cams and bump the draw weight to 110 on it so i can go hunt me some lion and cape buffalo in july xD ::so happy::
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If you don't mind me asking. Why do you keep two guns in your truck this may just be the paranoia kicking in from living in the city but aren't you worried someone is going to break into your truck?
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    It's hard not to love 9mm.
    I concur. My first pistol was a Ruger P-95 in 9 mm. And it's been my most consistent ammo and pistol. Thousands of rounds and only 1 stove pipe. Plus, 17 + 1 vs. 10 or 12 + 1 in .45? What's not to love?
    Getting my "figure" back:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/254395-mountainman-1-oly.html#post4600696
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    You got some sweet stuff. I love bows and bow hunting its so much fun.

I might have to debate you on your choice of archery gear though. For what you pay for a hoyt-ive never been real impressed. Especially since they went to that split limb technology--talk about a pain in the ass to tune.

My favorite bows have been my mathews (3rd gen solocam) and my PSE Stingray. Ive since got last years PSE and OMG its straight butter on the draw. Im gonna put some heavy duty cams and bump the draw weight to 110 on it so i can go hunt me some lion and cape buffalo in july xD ::so happy::
    I like split limb. They're a lot quieter IMO than a standard limb. I like Mathews myself, but the Hoyt alphashox in the split limb also seem to absorb a lot of the vibration of the shot. I've just always shot Hoyt. Don't get me wrong, there's been times I've highly considered a Mathews, especially the Creed and the new Chill, but just seems I've always stuck with Hoyt for some reason although I'm thinking long and hard of the new Bowtech.

I've never been much on PSE though. They're by far the fastest bows but their draw cycle and noise has always been an issue with me. I shot the PSE Omen and it's probably the fastest bow I've ever laid my hands on. I've never shot the stinger though so it may be different.

If you don't mind me asking. Why do you keep two guns in your truck this may just be the paranoia kicking in from living in the city but aren't you worried someone is going to break into your truck?
    I don't live in the city lol. I live in a quiet farm area. The house closest to mine is probably about 1,000 yards away and there's a wilderness known for some pretty creepy things behind where I live. I'd rather die than live in a city. Don't get me wrong, I can only drive 10-15 minutes and be on the interstate near Johnson City/Bristol, but I actually live in a very quiet area; my house is pretty secluded.

I've always kept three guns in my truck. My kimber .45 is my concealed carry that stays in there, but my shotgun and AR15 just stay in there in case of breaking down somewhere where I might need them. They are intended for completely different situations. You never know when you and some friends could be driving down the road and run into some pretty bad trouble and it's a lot safer in general when everyone is armed.
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You never know when you and some friends could be driving down the road and run into some pretty bad trouble and it's a lot safer in general when everyone is armed.
    I agree 100%
    Rep For IronFlex

Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

I like split limb. They're a lot quieter IMO than a standard limb. I like Mathews myself, but the Hoyt alphashox in the split limb also seem to absorb a lot of the vibration of the shot. I've just always shot Hoyt. Don't get me wrong, there's been times I've highly considered a Mathews, especially the Creed and the new Chill, but just seems I've always stuck with Hoyt for some reason although I'm thinking long and hard of the new Bowtech.

I've never been much on PSE though. They're by far the fastest bows but their draw cycle and noise has always been an issue with me. I shot the PSE Omen and it's probably the fastest bow I've ever laid my hands on. I've never shot the stinger though so it may be different.

That new bowtech does look pretty sweet. And your right about PSE being the fastest. There consistently 15-30fps faster through a chrono than any other bow ive shot. Ive personally developed this theory on the quietness of bows- even the loudest ones are still quieter than the softest guns. and 2. Although certain bows have a greater affinity for shock/noise reduction, the real difference is made with bling and gear. Ill never buy another bow without putting a doinker and sneekee dropaway rest with a pair sneekee string breaks and limb dampers.

but to give you an idea-The cams im putting on for my africa rig-I shot a 1200 grain shaft with a 300 grain tip @ 422 fps. If that doesnt put a hole in everything that i come across i dont know any other rig that would. (but then again thats why i have a guide/backup/safety with either a .375 h+h or a .458standing right behind me)
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

That new bowtech does look pretty sweet. And your right about PSE being the fastest. There consistently 15-30fps faster through a chrono than any other bow ive shot. Ive personally developed this theory on the quietness of bows- even the loudest ones are still quieter than the softest guns. and 2. Although certain bows have a greater affinity for shock/noise reduction, the real difference is made with bling and gear. Ill never buy another bow without putting a doinker and sneekee dropaway rest with a pair sneekee string breaks and limb dampers.
    Oh yeah, definitely quieter than a gun lol. I use string dampers, QAD ultra-rest drop away and a Hoyt pro series stabilizer; although the stabilizer doesn't do much for noise but it does vibration. I think the new PSE is shooting 370fps IBO (70lbs, 30 inches, 350 grain arrow tested) but Bowtech and Mathews are getting close with 360fps.

but to give you an idea-The cams im putting on for my africa rig-I shot a 1200 grain shaft with a 300 grain tip @ 422 fps. If that doesnt put a hole in everything that i come across i dont know any other rig that would. (but then again thats why i have a guide/backup/safety with either a .375 h+h or a .458standing right behind me)
    That's a lot of kinetic energy. I've shot a .375 h+h before and those things have some serious knockdown power.
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Went and shot the gun yesterday with the boys. Man what a good time. First time I ever shot an ar-15. It was a blast (yes another pun)
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Went and shot the gun yesterday with the boys. Man what a good time. First time I ever shot an ar-15. It was a blast (yes another pun)
    My brother in law gets tanorite charges and we blow stuff up at our shooting pit. We sent a car muffler 25 ft. in the air using our AR's. You can't use big caliber guns on the charges though because they don't move fast enough to detonate them. Loud as hell though.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/254395-mountainman-1-oly.html#post4600696
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    My brother in law gets tanorite charges and we blow stuff up at our shooting pit. We sent a car muffler 25 ft. in the air using our AR's. You can't use big caliber guns on the charges though because they don't move fast enough to detonate them. Loud as hell though.
    Those tanorite targets are crazy fun!
    Rep For IronFlex

Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post

Those tanorite targets are crazy fun!
    Damn straight they are! We put one in an old fridge 2 weeks ago, measured out its location, marked it on the front of the door, and when we shoot through the door it blew the door right off. It was just awesome.
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Damn straight they are! We put one in an old fridge 2 weeks ago, measured out its location, marked it on the front of the door, and when we shoot through the door it blew the door right off. It was just awesome.
    Some buddies and I went to this outside range a couple of years ago and filled a few pumpkins up with that stuff and put them out there and we scared a couple of people with the explosion it was really funny. But once people realized what was in the pumpkins just about everyone there started shooting at them
    Rep For IronFlex

Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

What do you guys recommend for some flip up iron sights for around $100. Anything decent? I'm looking at the magpul
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

What do you guys recommend for some flip up iron sights for around $100. Anything decent? I'm looking at the magpul
    I have those on my ar and they work well.
    Rep For IronFlex

Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Lol that's what u wanted to hear. Where'd you get em from ? Somewhere local or internet?
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Lol that's what u wanted to hear. Where'd you get em from ? Somewhere local or internet?
    Local gun shop. I have a good relationship with the guys there and they hooked me up with em when I bought a bunch of stuff. I would keep an eye out on craigslist or cheaper than dirt. Craigslist in my area has super cheap stuff pop up from time to time and ctd has sales on them every once in a while.
    Rep For IronFlex

Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

So I built another AR15.
    This is my budget build under $550 for the build.
    Shoots great and accurate. Think its going to be my fun mess around gun.

PSA M4 Upper 1:7 - 5.56 chamber
    Drop in rail with Magpul AFG 2 and XTM Enhanced rail panels
    Omni Polymer Lower
    Mil spec lower parts with 6 position collapsible stock.

Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    So I built another AR15.
    This is my budget build under $550 for the build.
    Shoots great and accurate. Think its going to be my fun mess around gun.

PSA M4 Upper 1:7 - 5.56 chamber
    Drop in rail with Magpul AFG 2 and XTM Enhanced rail panels
    Omni Polymer Lower
    Mil spec lower parts with 6 position collapsible stock.
    Thats dirty dude. I wanna build a polymer gun but ive heard so mmny mixed things about it. What firing group do you have??
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Thats dirty dude. I wanna build a polymer gun but ive heard so mmny mixed things about it. What firing group do you have??
    Just regular semi auto PSA lower parts. Tho I did put a full auto bolt carrier group in the upper. Of course it doesn't make it full auto but the BCG is a little heavier and durable because the back of the carrier is thicker.

There is no problems with a polymer lower because the lower doesn't take any stress from shooting. Or atleast not that much.
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

I have a polymer that I am milling out my self. It is super easy to do the other 20%, it just takes some time
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I have a polymer that I am milling out my self. It is super easy to do the other 20%, it just takes some time
    Is it from JMT? Think they still have there Polymer 80% with jig for $100.
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Is it from JMT? Think they still have there Polymer 80% with jig for $100.
    I got it from a local shop called Ares armory. it was 50 bucks and I got a press and dermal kit from harbor freight for 80.
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I got it from a local shop called Ares armory. it was 50 bucks and I got a press and dermal kit from harbor freight for 80.
    Nice I was thinking of getting one of the JMTs to I would have the jig and then just buy the 80% lowers. Got a drill press just for it.
    Going to look at that Ares Armory.
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Nice I was thinking of getting one of the JMTs to I would have the jig and then just buy the 80% lowers. Got a drill press just for it.
    Going to look at that Ares Armory.
    Its so easy especially since they already have the spots raised where you need to drill and they have a different colored plastic where you need to grind out. If you can color you can finish the lower more or less
    Rep For IronFlex

Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Ok so I have my pistol buffer tube and side saddle my lower parts kit my 9mm mag block and 9mm hammer now I just need to decide if I want to get a 7& 1/2in. Barrel or an 11" is there going to be a big difference in accuracy at X<100 yards between the two?
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Ok so I have my pistol buffer tube and side saddle my lower parts kit my 9mm mag block and 9mm hammer now I just need to decide if I want to get a 7& 1/2in. Barrel or an 11" is there going to be a big difference in accuracy at X<100 yards between the two?
    I really don't think you will see a difference in Accuracy but the velocities will be higher with each different barrel length.
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

Imo 7.5inch so you can add a can and fit it all under an 11 Inch rail. And be sure to keep it subsonic.
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Imo 7.5inch so you can add a can and fit it all under an 11 Inch rail. And be sure to keep it subsonic.
    Be careful some suppressor company's will not warranty a can on a barrel under a 10 inch's. But I could be wrong and was just told that.
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

I'm not to worried about the subsonic issue because suppressors are illegal in CA
    Rep For IronFlex

Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

I'm not to worried about the subsonic issue because suppressors are illegal in CA
    Lol, suppressors are illegal just about everywhere.
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

Warcraft you're right most won't but 9 mm cans are mostly made for pistols with 5 inch or shorter barrels so you would be fine.

For everyone who lives in commie states and can't own suppressors. Texas is lovely
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Warcraft you're right most won't but 9 mm cans are mostly made for pistols with 5 inch or shorter barrels so you would be fine.

For everyone who lives in commie states and can't own suppressors. Texas is lovely
    I've often looked at living in Texas. Went there several times during college for volleyball and loved it. Vermont's suppressor law is funny because it's illegal to own one here, and if you get caught with one it's a $25.00 fine. But that's it. If you get caught with one again it's just another $25.00 fine, and that's all it will be no matter how many times you are caught with one. Dumbest thing.

Similar Forum Threads

1. official overtraining thread!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. post in official thread.
    By Swole215 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 08:35 AM
  3. THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD
    By SELFofGOD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17