The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 22

The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Page 22 of 26 First ... 172021222324 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Its not as cool as the Ar pistol but I got a golf ball launcher for Christmas any of you guys use one of those before?
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Its not as cool as the Ar pistol but I got a golf ball launcher for Christmas any of you guys use one of those before?
    Dude....greatest things ever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Dude....greatest things ever!!
    Im rather excited to take it out to the desert. I just need to get some blanks and find a way to get the flash hider off of my barrel
    Rep For IronFlex

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Im rather excited to take it out to the desert. I just need to get some blanks and find a way to get the flash hider off of my barrel
    The flash hider should just come off with an allen wrench? If not any gunny store can help you out for next to nothin if not gratis. And blanks can be had for about 50 bucks for 500-more than enough lol you can always make your own too
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

The flash hider should just come off with an allen wrench? If not any gunny store can help you out for next to nothin if not gratis. And blanks can be had for about 50 bucks for 500-more than enough lol you can always make your own too
    Ill have to check it out the only thing I am worried about it the fact that i live In ca and there is some law against having threaded barrels so I am not sure if the hider is welded on there or not.
    Rep For IronFlex

6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Thinking of a 9mm compact so the wife's first experience won't be so ".45ey"

Kimber looking good and a biometric hand scan safe for starters. Any thoughts? And I ready need 2 but since we're starting with just 1, do I keep it next to the bed or in the main living room?
    BTW Illinois gun laws are the worst of 50. You can't even private sale without approval from the state police.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Thinking of a 9mm compact so the wife's first experience won't be so ".45ey"

Kimber looking good and a biometric hand scan safe for starters. Any thoughts? And I ready need 2 but since we're starting with just 1, do I keep it next to the bed or in the main living room?
    BTW Illinois gun laws are the worst of 50. You can't even private sale without approval from the state police.
    Im sorry you live in illinoise. I almoat got arrested driving through because i had a gun in my car-ridiculous.

Imo-keep in the bedroom in a place thats easily reachable. If you need it at night-its rifht there quick and handy. If the wifey needs it during the day-stats show that she has the best chamces if she can barricade herself in a room. It wouldnt be a bad idea to show and teach her the best way to take cover in a shtf situation like that. Just my. 02
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

I agree with my man Manotaur. Keep it in the bedroom. You are most venerable when you are asleep and you would hate to have to wake up realising that someone is in the house and then be forced to make your way to the living room
    Rep For IronFlex

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Kimber solo CDP with Crimson Trace laser grip. Just waiting on my Firearm Owner ID card from the state police. Again, only in IL. Should be a couple weeks........ Lame
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Kimber solo CDP with Crimson Trace laser grip. Just waiting on my Firearm Owner ID card from the state police. Again, only in IL. Should be a couple weeks........ Lame
    sucks man. my last 2 transactions were cash, person to person, and 100% legal.
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy244 View Post

sucks man. my last 2 transactions were cash, person to person, and 100% legal.
    Oh of course! That's in 49 states except for here
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Oh of course! That's in 49 states except for here
    Not in communfornia man you can't do person to person transactions with an ffl being involved unless you are buying a relic and I don't know if you can even do that any more
    Rep For IronFlex

13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Not in communfornia man you can't do person to person transactions with an ffl being involved unless you are buying a relic and I don't know if you can even do that any more
    Well Illinois is the only with this silly FOID card. I just spent a week shooting in Florida. You can buy guns and ammo after drinking a 12 pack and bring it home while you're sitting in the tailgate of a pickup truck. Well not really but just about.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

Well Illinois is the only with this silly FOID card. I just spent a week shooting in Florida. You can buy guns and ammo after drinking a 12 pack and bring it home while you're sitting in the tailgate of a pickup truck. Well not really but just about.
    Make your way down to the free states brother. In Texas I have bought and sold arms in Walmart parking lots. Same way you buy anything from Craigslist. Lol
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post

Make your way down to the free states brother. In Texas I have bought and sold arms in Walmart parking lots. Same way you buy anything from Craigslist. Lol
    Oh yes, some day I will. But unfortunately not this day...
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

That's the way it should be
    Rep For IronFlex

17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

^this! but it was actually a gold's gym parking lot. lulz
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

I picked up my 80% polymer lower yesterday from Ares armor got the desert sand color now I just have to get a drill press to mill out the holes and my build will be off off and away!
    Rep For IronFlex

20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jack_black View Post
    jizz in my pants a lil
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Just some FYI and food for thought on this. Particularly since the response is for someone who lives with crazy strict gun laws.

If a firearm is used to hurt or kill someone, even in defense of themselves and their home having things attached to their firearm light laser sights, lights, and in general any modifications could potentially land the person in real trouble legally. Even if they were in the right. The state and courts can view the matter in a whole other light. Especially if the bad guy or their family decide to sue. Not a great example, but one that is off the top of my mind is how the prosecutors in the George Zimmerman case went after the fact he was carrying a round in the chamber. Legally one would be better off if they simply were proficient and used a stock firearm. Sucks and is bull**** I agree. I also agree with the cliche saying of rather be judged by however many than carried by six. That being said there are a lot of folks out there who were in the right of self defense, but had to endure agonizing amounts of time in the legal system, convictions and jail time, and/or significant monetary loss because of legal bull**** like that. For me, I'll take a reliable no frills $300 pistol like a sig p250, spend some more time at the range having fun since I'll be there anyways, and hopefully make life potentially a little easier if I ever have to use it.

If I'm using a 9mm for CCW or home defense, which is what I prefer and use fulc it I'm still using hollow points.

Something else to consider when purchasing a self defense or CCW is that if you ever have to use it either expect not to get it back or if you do not in very good shape. It will have been taken as evidence, torn apart, inspected, various tests and what not. Very good chance it will not make it back to you in good shape. Therefore it would actually be highly recommended to purchase a good reliable weapon that you are comfortable with that also isn't going to be a lot of $$$ gone if it comes back to you damaged or like crap. Just a few thoughts on self defense and CCW.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Yes yes, great points. A $300 9mm will do the same job as this $800+ kimber. I was thinking the laser will help my wife who has never shot. On the other hand, I was always taught to discharge in self-defense (as in home invasion with intent to harm) in such a manner that there will be no defendant available to testify...
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Yes yes, great points. A $300 9mm will do the same job as this $800+ kimber. I was thinking the laser will help my wife who has never shot. On the other hand, I was always taught to discharge in self-defense (as in home invasion with intent to harm) in such a manner that there will be no defendant available to testify...
    Thats the reason my Ruger p-95 is loaded up with hollow points, it only cost me 250, it is accurate and doesnt jam. Plus I know that gun can take a beating because ill be god damned if the try and keep if some MF comes in my house and tries anything. I will be getting that gun back!
    Rep For IronFlex

24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

P250 is not a throw away gun. I'd much rather have a P250 in a gunfight than a Kimber Solo.

"A weapon should be hardy not decorative" - Miyamoto Musashi
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

P250 is not a throw away gun. I'd much rather have a P250 in a gunfight than a Kimber Solo. "A weapon should be hardy not decorative" - Miyamoto Musashi
    Didn't mean to imply it was a throw away gun, but rather it is a really solid firearm that can be had at a very modest price, usually in the 300 dollar range. Which makes it a very good option to use since if it is kept with evidence for a long time, indefinitely, or returned in terrible condition it simply won't hurt your pocket so much.

Nice touch with the musashi quote
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post

Didn't mean to imply it was a throw away gun, but rather it is a really solid firearm that can be had at a very modest price, usually in the 300 dollar range. Which makes it a very good option to use since if it is kept with evidence for a long time, indefinitely, or returned in terrible condition it simply won't hurt your pocket so much.

Nice touch with the musashi quote
    Yes, this.
    Any other suggestions for a first gun? Remember my wife has never shot. Cheaper is better but not cheapest. $3-400 new would be perfect. That way I can buy a safe and whatever else. The kimber at $800+ is more than I wanted to spend at this time.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Yes, this.
    Any other suggestions for a first gun? Remember my wife has never shot. Cheaper is better but not cheapest. $3-400 new would be perfect. That way I can buy a safe and whatever else. The kimber at $800+ is more than I wanted to spend at this time.
    I have a Taurus 38 special that is easy on recoil, you can keep loaded, and since it is a revolver has a very low risk of misfiring. Cheaperthandirt has some right in the price you are looking for
    Rep For IronFlex

28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Yes, this.
    Ruger sigma is a good cheap(ish) one. Any store has them for around 250. Big sights. Easy to use. Comes in a range of calibers and sizes from sub compact to full size. Cant go wrong with it
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

I think its rugwr than makes the sigma. If im wrong please correct me
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

I think its rugwr than makes the sigma. If im wrong please correct me
    S&W makes the sigma. i had the .40 and sold it. the trigger was ****.

the taurus 24/7 kinda sucks too. i had to send my mags back to the factory because it would fail to feed and jam every 2-3 shots.

after the mags came back from taurus, one worked well the other still had problems. while i was waiting on taurus to fix the mags i bought a glock 30. i love my glock 30. way better gun IMO.

if you want a good "cheap" gun, buy a little revolver. i don't care how gangster a potential car-jacker is, you can't be gangster with 6 holes in your chest.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy244 View Post

S&W makes the sigma. i had the .40 and sold it. the trigger was ****.

the taurus 24/7 kinda sucks too. i had to send my mags back to the factory because it would fail to feed and jam every 2-3 shots.

after the mags came back from taurus, one worked well the other still had problems. while i was waiting on taurus to fix the mags i bought a glock 30. i love my glock 30. way better gun IMO.

if you want a good "cheap" gun, buy a little revolver. i don't care how gangster a potential car-jacker is, you can't be gangster with 6 holes in your chest.
    Couldnt agree more and thanks for the corection on the sandw. Thw 2 timea i shot one i never had any problema. It was fun and really managable. Was it anything like my cuatom px4 or 1911? Heavens no but it was still a decent little gun for sub 3bills.
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

I had an S&W SD9VE the newer version of the Sigma it was a great gun for the money. Shot straight and went boom every time I pulled the trigger. I didn't care for the trigger or none adjustable grip, felt like the gun was made for smaller hands. All that said I'd buy another one if I got a good deal on a used gun.

Another advantage of the P250 is that because of the way the DAO trigger works the slide rack is very easy, and a woman who has trouble racking slides would have no issues operating this gun.
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

I had an S&W SD9VE the newer version of the Sigma it was a great gun for the money. Shot straight and went boom every time I pulled the trigger. I didn't care for the trigger or none adjustable grip, felt like the gun was made for smaller hands. All that said I'd buy another one if I got a good deal on a used gun. Another advantage of the P250 is that because of the way the DAO trigger works the slide rack is very easy, and a woman who has trouble racking slides would have no issues operating this gun.
    And to add on to the p250 it is modular so you have the ability to change calibers and size. Makes it great to find the right fit and expand with caliber desires.

Also to caveat off caliber. 9mm hollows are my preferred defense rounds. They will inflict similar damage to a standard larger round, the size allows larger magazine capacity which can be huge in a self defense stressful situation because even well trained folks can miss. It happens. They are cheaper than larger calibers and lastly with 9mm hollows you have less potential to punch through walls in your home and hitting someone else, like a family member.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

It's hard not to love 9mm. I carry it 5 days a week in my p938 (Hornady critical defense). The other 2 days it's an M&P 357c. I find 357 sig to be a really impressive cartridge for a pistol I give up some capacity vs 9mm but if I can conceal that gun I can keep a spare mag too so that's 21 rounds (Winchester PDX1).

Also worth noting that my m&p will feed and fire 9mm and 40cal with a barrel change ($60 each @ midway)
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

What's up fellas. Just made my first gun purchase which being 30 yrs old is kinda ridiculous. Lol anyway just read through this entire thread and just wanted to say its good stuff. I don't know d1ck about guns but gotta start somewhere I guess.
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    What's up fellas. Just made my first gun purchase which being 30 yrs old is kinda ridiculous. Lol anyway just read through this entire thread and just wanted to say its good stuff. I don't know d1ck about guns but gotta start somewhere I guess.
    That's awesome man better late than never! Good peeps with guns makes everybody safer. Shoot every month brother!
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21 View Post
    At any age is a good age to get in to guns. Be for a Hobby or protection it can be a very addictive.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Yeah I'm seeing it can be addictive lol. I've been saying something is gonna go down in this country sooner or later and I've always wanted to get a gun so I finally pulled the trigger for Christmas. Pun intended
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

So...What did ya get?! Haha
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Bushmaster ar-15. I just put the foregrip w/ flashlight and a red dot on it. You guys ever heard of monstrum tactical. It was inexpensive but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. official overtraining thread!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. post in official thread.
    By Swole215 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 08:35 AM
  3. THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD
    By SELFofGOD in forum General Chat