The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Page 20 of 35 First ... 1819202122 ... Last

  1. By the by, sharing here from FB... 2 of my "Operator" slings, single-point bungee. One in all black, one in multicam. The fabric covering the bungee is Kryptek Typhon 1000D cordura nylon. All plastic hardware is ITW Nexus, and an HK clip attachment point. If I've done my research right, and I think I have, this is the first "all paracord" single-point bungee sling out there. Nobody is using cord in the adjustable area, and if they are doing it, it isn't adjustable. Granted, it takes a wee bit more to adjust than webbing, but it's sturdy and won't budge once set. Novel? Yes. Practical? Yes. I'm having local SERT (Special Emergency Response Team) guys test it. (They're the same as SWAT.) Only complaint they had was the adjustment part, so I'll be doing a "hybrid" version in nylon webbing very soon for them. So far I've done 4 of them in the past 3 weeks. It takes about 8-10 hours to do one. I'm proud of my creation!

    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    forgetting the last 2 items on the list as irrelevant really... this is far more dangerous to us as a country than North Korea or Iran but we're ignoring it.
    Kim Jong Fat has the worst haircut ever...

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    By the by, sharing here from FB... 2 of my "Operator" slings, single-point bungee. One in all black, one in multicam. The fabric covering the bungee is Kryptek Typhon 1000D cordura nylon. All plastic hardware is ITW Nexus, and an HK clip attachment point. If I've done my research right, and I think I have, this is the first "all paracord" single-point bungee sling out there. Nobody is using cord in the adjustable area, and if they are doing it, it isn't adjustable. Granted, it takes a wee bit more to adjust than webbing, but it's sturdy and won't budge once set. Novel? Yes. Practical? Yes. I'm having local SERT (Special Emergency Response Team) guys test it. (They're the same as SWAT.) Only complaint they had was the adjustment part, so I'll be doing a "hybrid" version in nylon webbing very soon for them. So far I've done 4 of them in the past 3 weeks. It takes about 8-10 hours to do one. I'm proud of my creation!

    Excellent work as always my friend. You've really made some nice stuff, Tim.

    Also, get an SKS if you can. That price is a little high ($350-400 is what I'd shoot for), but the market is nuts right now. They have been going up in price though over the last 5 years fairly consistently. They are fantastic guns that you can definitely modernize for a minimal cost. I'm doing that to the chinese SKS I own now; the Russian will stay in its stock condition, though. I'm using the Tapco Intrafuse stock that's cut-out for the bayonet with the Tapco 20 round mags. Pics to follow when it's done. They have a longer barrel and will be inherently more accurate than a run-of-the-mill AK-47.

    I may need a need a new paracord sling for it.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Excellent work as always my friend. You've really made some nice stuff, Tim.

    Also, get an SKS if you can. That price is a little high ($350-400 is what I'd shoot for), but the market is nuts right now. They have been going up in price though over the last 5 years fairly consistently. They are fantastic guns that you can definitely modernize for a minimal cost. I'm doing that to the chinese SKS I own now; the Russian will stay in its stock condition, though. I'm using the Tapco Intrafuse stock that's cut-out for the bayonet with the Tapco 20 round mags. Pics to follow when it's done. They have a longer barrel and will be inherently more accurate than a run-of-the-mill AK-47.

    I may need a need a new paracord sling for it.
    I'd probably go with an ATI stock on it if I do one. Toss up though. If I had the money, would I do an SKS with an ATI or the Nagant with the Archangel?!?!? Argh, so many decisions, so little funds!!! lol

    Oh, and you definitely need a few slings. Definitely. (so little funds... lol)
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    Switching gears, but question for you guys. An AR is out of my price range, and I don't really want one anyway. I had thought about getting an AK, but they've all but disappeared now, too. I know a place that had 3 SKS's in stock a little while back, and they're small enough to probably still have them. What's the lowdown on 'em??? Same caliber as the AK, I know it won't be terribly easy to find ammo, but thought it might be worth snagging one if I can. They're Yugo, still covered in goooooo and have the bayonets attached - basically right out of the crate guns. The lady had 3 of 'em for $450 each, which I think is a pretty dang good price, all things considered these days. I wanted to make a "fancy" gun out of it - strip the wood furniture off and go modern with it. Thoughts on SKS?
    Hey Man SKS are fun guns ( I have two) also Mosin Nagants are a fun bolt action rifle and you can find surplus ammo for cheep. If you want to go the way of an AK look for a Saiga. Itís modern, and easy to trick out plus you can usually pick the caliber you want to fire. If you want to go the rout of an AR find a tactical store that does the 80% complete lowers and build one your self its super easy and it cuts a lot of the cost down. I built mine 5.54 spec for $600. If it was available to buy in a store now it is easy a $1500 retail gun. Now though since the assault rifle bill has been dropped by congress supply should start to even with demand on all levels. If you can wait 6 months you will probably save a bit of money.
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post

    Exactly. I just shake my head when I hear people say, "That will never happen." They either don't understand economics or they're just a moron in general. Largely, the media has done its job for big brother by trying to keep them in the dark all together, or redirecting their focus. Gun control will always be at the top of their agenda. The know they can't truly get what they want until they disarm the people; which will never happen without a fight.

    The more the economy sucks, the more reliant people become on them for survival...which is exactly what they want. We simply cannot keep spending like we do and increasing our national debt at an exponential rate. Our dollar devalues by the day. When the dam finally breaks, all these people that were depending on the government to take care of them like children are going to wish they had prepared for what was clearly written on the wall; because they're gonna be on their own.

    Desperate people will lead to riots, looting, pillage, murder, etc. Guns/ammo/food/water will be worth more than anything at that point. I'm always reminded by my old boyscout motto: "Always be prepared."
    At least tons of people are waking up to the tyrrany
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  7. So I was looking into more Nagant things last night, watched a slew of vids on YT, read a ton of stuff. I'm thinking that I can take a run of the mill Nagant, dump another $500 into it and have a $650 gun that will shoot as good as a $650 gun. BUT.... it'll be a $650 gun that looks like a sniper-ish rifle and shoots ammo that I can readily get at a cost of $100 for 440 rds instead of a more modern caliber at a cost of $25-$30 for 20 rds.

    John... Here's what I'm thinking...

    M91 (~$150)
    Timney trigger ($100)
    Archangel stock (~$150)
    Rock Solid Industries scope mount (~$100)
    Bent bolt ($30)
    Scope (nothing too fancy)
    Bipod

    I was watching the vids on the Promag site yesterday where they shoot it in the new stock. Looks like they were getting a bit more than MOA with the patterns using an old sniper nagant. I could handle that. Best part is, aside from drilling/tapping for the scope mount, I can do the rest of it myself!
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  8. If ya havent bought your nagant or sks yet, might want to look around for one of these:

    mossberg mvp 223 w/scope, freefloat barrel, uses AR mags
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PHF Rep


  9. Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post
    If ya havent bought your nagant or sks yet, might want to look around for one of these:mossberg mvp 223 w/scope, freefloat barrel, uses AR mags
    Its a very nice rifle.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    So I was looking into more Nagant things last night, watched a slew of vids on YT, read a ton of stuff. I'm thinking that I can take a run of the mill Nagant, dump another $500 into it and have a $650 gun that will shoot as good as a $650 gun. BUT.... it'll be a $650 gun that looks like a sniper-ish rifle and shoots ammo that I can readily get at a cost of $100 for 440 rds instead of a more modern caliber at a cost of $25-$30 for 20 rds.

    John... Here's what I'm thinking...

    M91 (~$150)
    Timney trigger ($100)
    Archangel stock (~$150)
    Rock Solid Industries scope mount (~$100)
    Bent bolt ($30)
    Scope (nothing too fancy)
    Bipod

    I was watching the vids on the Promag site yesterday where they shoot it in the new stock. Looks like they were getting a bit more than MOA with the patterns using an old sniper nagant. I could handle that. Best part is, aside from drilling/tapping for the scope mount, I can do the rest of it myself!

    Are you talking about their new Nagant stock they have coming? or the old one?

    This is the new one with a mags.

    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  11. recently acquired for the purpose of getting into competitive shooting gripsSmall.jpg

  12. This ginger about getting a new AR built....can't decide what caliber but Im thinking either. .458 socom or 50 beowulf

    And that's a sick set up. What are you planning on competing in??
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  13. 3 gun eventually. waiting on that AR308 lower to get out of coating + delivered already. I was looking at the 458 socom for the next one, found the uppers pretty inexpensively. more likely i'll go with 300 aac though

  14. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    3 gun eventually. waiting on that AR308 lower to get out of coating + delivered already. I was looking at the 458 socom for the next one, found the uppers pretty inexpensively. more likely i'll go with 300 aac though
    Why the 300??
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  15. because in florida I can get a silencer easy enough and the 300 seems nicer for that. I'm not really sure I like the 458 socom on top of a regular ar15 lower. if it was going on the dpms LR308 lower i'd feel better.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    because in florida I can get a silencer easy enough and the 300 seems nicer for that. I'm not really sure I like the 458 socom on top of a regular ar15 lower. if it was going on the dpms LR308 lower i'd feel better.
    Gotcha. Yeah i shot an AR set up on a regular platform like that. I shot the 458 and the 50 beowulf right after the other and man...they're both soooo sweet and they just make your balls bigger lol. I lived both of then and can't make up my mind.

    Florida's gun laws are pretty nice. They're not quite as liberal as ms, la, or tx but there only about a half step behind. I think that's prolly cause you got places like Miami and Orlando that are full of ppl that ha e more money than sense
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  17. I still might just order one of the RRA 458 socom complete uppers, at least its not expensive. buying the ammo + reloading supplies would be though. I guess thats another plus of the 300

  18. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I still might just order one of the RRA 458 socom complete uppers, at least its not expensive. buying the ammo + reloading supplies would be though. I guess thats another plus of the 300
    How much are .30 bullet going for now??
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  19. ok guys...so this next weekend im getting a new pistol...

    Im going with an xD or pxStorm of some sorts...shot both of them in 9, .40s&w, and .45...

    I cant make up my mind because theyre both soooo sweet and smooth...like there is nothing wrong with any of them in any aspect that i can find for a packing/plinking gun.

    obviously i would add after market sights and prolly a trigger job down the road but theyre both pretty sweet out of the box.


    soo whats yalls opinions?

    What caliber and what model and why??
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  20. Well, you gonna be shooting often? Practice, recreation or keeping it in a box?!?! .40 is gonna have a bit more snap cause of the dense gun powder and this can make for sloppy accuracy and stopping power. Personally, I'd spring the extra cash and bump up to a .45 cal and be more at ease with the specs you otherwise can't get with the .40z
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor

  21. .40 or .45, if you miss the boom should help take the fight out of 'em. If you don't miss, they won't have much left to fight with.

    If it were me, I'd look for something that can run +p ammo (i think th xd can). Cor-bon DPX is my fav. It's environmentally friendly
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.

  22. Im really leaning toward the .45 cause it seems like .45 ammo is still fairly easy to come by. i have a .40 and love it but its getting a pain to go out and shoot because you cant find target ammo anywhere. Sure i can go out and buy a box of doubletap JHPs, but im not about to go plink with that. lol

    accuracy and recoil arent an issue with me. a 9 feels just the same as a .44 mag in my hands. Thats something that ive never struggled with because like alot of yall i started shooting way young (prolly too young by most standards )

    I do like the idea of the extra stopping power that a .45 brings to the game though. Also I dont think .45s always have the colateral damage that can be problematic with the 9s and in some cases the .40s.

    I dunno...options, options options...

    basically im just gonna have to try and figure out what feels best inside my waist band or under my shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  23. A well placed shot with a 9mm is just as effective for stopping power IMO.
    I just snagged 500 rounds of blasters for mine for under $150 thanks to Gunbot and I've even seen it trickling back into the local stores.
    I won't shoot anything that costs more than .75/round lol but that's just me.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

  24. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    A well placed shot with a 9mm is just as effective for stopping power IMO.
    I just snagged 500 rounds of blasters for mine for under $150 thanks to Gunbot and I've even seen it trickling back into the local stores.
    I won't shoot anything that costs more than .75/round lol but that's just me.
    I couldnt agree more with that...but the problem is depending on the situation, that extra weight behind a .45 can go a looooong ways in bringing a situation to a hault.
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Im really leaning toward the .45 cause it seems like .45 ammo is still fairly easy to come by. i have a .40 and love it but its getting a pain to go out and shoot because you cant find target ammo anywhere. Sure i can go out and buy a box of doubletap JHPs, but im not about to go plink with that. lol

    accuracy and recoil arent an issue with me. a 9 feels just the same as a .44 mag in my hands. Thats something that ive never struggled with because like alot of yall i started shooting way young (prolly too young by most standards )

    I do like the idea of the extra stopping power that a .45 brings to the game though. Also I dont think .45s always have the colateral damage that can be problematic with the 9s and in some cases the .40s.

    I dunno...options, options options...

    basically im just gonna have to try and figure out what feels best inside my waist band or under my shoulder.
    See if you could venture to a gun show nearby soon. Tis the season! Well in the south it is! But you can at least get a fell at many sportin' gun ranges up north of the city aimed for sportsman and serious buyers. Kinda like taking a test drive on a Harley...get your feel, but go with your gut as far as getting "the most bang for your buck"! Sounds to me you are leaning steady with the .45
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor

  26. i'd go 45 or 10mm personally

  27. The G20 10mm is next on my purchase list. The sled patrol in Greenland carries them to protect against polar bears.

    Only real drawback is the cost of ammo, but for personal defense, I don't mind giving someone $2-$3 worth of lead.
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.

  28. A real man carries a Desert Eagle.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  29. Go with the .45 hands-down. I had a PX4 Storm in .45 that I sold a few months ago to my dad. Great gun, but I needed the money to fund other gun projects. The PX4 is well balanced overall; on the negative, the magazines are pricey. The xD guns are very nice as well, so you really can't go wrong either way.

    I like the .40 cal round, but in all honesty, i'm not a huge fan of the "snappy" recoil it offers. If you look at all the ballistic reports reported by the police over the years, there really isn't a huge difference in the stopping power of the 9mm vs. .40 vs. .45. Personally, i don't buy into that data very much. There are just way too many variables that aren't being accounted for. There is no doubt in my mind that the .45 round has a vastly larger impact effect on vital organs and underlying vasculature.

    I've been an ER nurse for 12 years and have personally seen the effects of different calibers on the human body more times than I would have liked to. There is no comparison in terms of the damage the .45 cal round demonstrates on vital functions and compensatory mechanisms in my experience.

    Now having said that, I really want a .500 Smith and Wesson Magnum.



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  30. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Go with the .45 hands-down. I had a PX4 Storm in .45 that I sold a few months ago to my dad. Great gun, but I needed the money to fund other gun projects. The PX4 is well balanced overall; on the negative, the magazines are pricey. The xD guns are very nice as well, so you really can't go wrong either way.

    I like the .40 cal round, but in all honesty, i'm not a huge fan of the "snappy" recoil it offers. If you look at all the ballistic reports reported by the police over the years, there really isn't a huge difference in the stopping power of the 9mm vs. .40 vs. .45. Personally, i don't buy into that data very much. There are just way too many variables that aren't being accounted for. There is no doubt in my mind that the .45 round has a vastly larger impact effect on vital organs and underlying vasculature.

    I've been an ER nurse for 12 years and have personally seen the effects of different calibers on the human body more times than I would have liked to. There is no comparison in terms of the damage the .45 cal round demonstrates on vital functions and compensatory mechanisms in my experience.

    Now having said that, I really want a .500 Smith and Wesson Magnum.

    -T1
    I think Im going with the xd. 45

    Its just too dawn sweeeeeet! !!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. official overtraining thread!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 03:02 PM
  2. post in official thread.
    By Swole215 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 10:35 AM
  3. THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD
    By SELFofGOD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Official boxmeman thread
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
  5. Official NFL Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Log in
Log in