The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Page 18 of 26 First ... 13161718192023 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    What's everyone's feeling on the new "smart gun" I just got sent this article and it seems like a neat toy as it can have an amateur shoot really accurate at crazy distances but it takes all the discipline out of shooting.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technolo...ers-this-week/
    I like my old fashioned "dumb guns"
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

What's everyone’s feeling on the new "smart gun" I just got sent this article and it seems like a neat toy as it can have an amateur shoot really accurate at crazy distances but it takes all the discipline out of shooting.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technolo...ers-this-week/
    "sudo apt get install aimpoint pro"
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post

"sudo apt get install aimpoint pro"
    What he said^

Fluent in Linux terminals? Haha.
    I'm just trying to bring sexy back.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    they are fun to shoot, that's for sure. I might be getting a "loaner" nightforce scope, want to head with me down to the range in manatee county to try out the 1000 yard range once I get that in? http://www.manateegunclub.com/
    Definitely, E!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Have you guys seen this yet?

http://inteliscopes.com/

Legendary

6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Have you guys seen this yet?

http://inteliscopes.com/
    Good grief, man. - Can you imagine this in battle?

"He's inside the airduct; I've got him!"

"Hey!! No wall haxoring!!"
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Definitely, E!
    once I get back from vacation and know how badly my budget was destroyed i'll be picking up some more 308 brass. Not having any luck so far with the hydraulic pressure method of blowing off berdan primers. do you know what kind of sealer they used on those back in the late 70s early 80s on military ammo? figure I may try soaking it in acetone to see if that takes it down, but you can definitely see the sealer on them. Not crimped at least.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.14%

Glock 22 or px4 storm???

Whats yalls opinions?? Im gonna get one soon...like in the next two weeks cause i just got a huge paycheck coming in and i gotta blow it somehow!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Glock 22 or px4 storm???

Whats yalls opinions?? Im gonna get one soon...like in the next two weeks cause i just got a huge paycheck coming in and i gotta blow it somehow!!
    Id go with the Glock 22. But im partial to Glocks.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Glock 22 or px4 storm???

I really like both of them, but I'd go with Glock. - Higher parts availability, proven design/function, and outstanding reliability.

Also check out the Glock 23. - I'd prefer that over the 22 for these reasons:

1) Accepts mags from G22, but the G22 won't accept G23 mags.
    2) Easily convertible to 9mm. - Lone Wolf makes a 9mm barrel for ~$100, and the G23 will take mags from G19/17. You can also get a .357SIG barrel should you choose to do so
    3) Any G19 holster fits the G23
    4) Easier to conceal
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.14%

I really like both of them, but I'd go with Glock. - Higher parts availability, proven design/function, and outstanding reliability.

2) Easily convertible to 9mm. - Lone Wolf makes a 9mm barrel for ~$100, and the G23 will take mags from G19/17. You can also get a .357SIG barrel should you choose to do so
    4) Easier to conceal
    Sounds like glock it is!! Ill look into the g23 to see if they have one. I didnt realize that about the magazines and barrels!! Thats a huge plus! It would definately make conversions easy if needed
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%

4) Easier to conceal
    Spot on my man.

This is exactly why I'm a Glock fanboy. I have a G23 and love it. I bought the lonewolf .357 sig barrel for it as well. I could by the 9mm and turn it into a Glock 19 in addition (the only other part to change out would be the G19 recoil spring.) This is literally like having 3 guns in 1. I also agree that I like Glock's compact models better (G19, 23, 30, etc) with the exception of the Glock 21 Gen 4. It's one hell of a .45.

The ability to modify and upgrade them is unmatched right now in the pistol market. Plus, in a SHTF scenario, you're much more likely to find Glock parts if you need them.

I've owned a PX4 Storm and they are great guns, but in a direct comparison, it's Glock hands down.

-T1

Legendary

13. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.13%

Hey Bro,

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about it. There are some great youtube resources as well. Check out "nutnfancy" and his reviews of the PF9 there.

This is the exact IWB holster that I use. I prefer to carry on the inside of the waist as this gun is so light you forget it's even there; plus it's just easier to conceal this way, imo. This holster also has the pocket for an extra mag as wel (which i always advise):
    I have this exact holster for my Cm9 still comfy and light with a spare mag.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.48%

just went to turners outdoorsman to check on the status of my ruger and they told me 2 months!!! i guess they are behind? i dont know if i can wait that long
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

My two new toys
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RIP IRONFLEX
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Quote Originally Posted by AndresP View Post
    I have this exact holster for my Cm9 still comfy and light with a spare mag.
    I love my Kahr. I went with the CW9 because I liked its size better. If I pocket carried I would have gone CM9, but I don't like having chunky things in my pockets.

I carry mine in a Foxx Trapp holster from www.foxxholsters.com - Absolutely love it. - As for the spare mag, I usually just toss that in my front pocket, although I do have a single mag pouch for it if need be.

I carry with Speer Gold Dot +P ammo.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.54%

I just scored 3 20rd drums for my saiga 12. I'm so moist. I won them on auction at a nasty deal.
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.
  18. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

My two new toys
    5 shot 357?
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

5 shot 357?
    Nope 6 shot 38 special. Its my "under the pillow gun" Its a neat piece its a Taurus from the 70s but it was brand new never been fired. An old friend of the family passed away and we were cleaning out his house and that was under the bed and the Berretta 40 cal. was in the closet, again still in the case.
    RIP IRONFLEX
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Switching gears, who has opinions on a good pocket knife? - I'm not looking to spend more than $40 as I have a tendency to let them fall out of my pocket on occasion. I've been looking at Kershaw Cryo on Amazon for $28.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

Switching gears, who has opinions on a good pocket knife? - I'm not looking to spend more than $40 as I have a tendency to let them fall out of my pocket on occasion. I've been looking at Kershaw Cryo on Amazon for $28.
    I know they are a bit more than 40 but if you want a quality blade look at SOG knives. They are sharp as a razor and even have some spring assisted models that are similar to a switch blade.
    RIP IRONFLEX
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.16%

Gerber makes some decent knives that you can usually find locally for that price. They are durable and the edge is ok, doesn't hold that well but not bad for the price.

I second the above posters suggestion of a SOG or bench made. Both cost about double what you want to spend but I promise you, you will Be happy. I Carry a SOG flash 2 on my weak side and a bench made griptilian on my strong side. Both great knives and fast to deploy.
  23. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%

I like the CRKT (Columbia River Knife + Tool) particularly this style http://www.crkt.com/M16-14-Special-F...WKS-Veff-Combo
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm not worried about spending the money, I'm worried about spending a lot and losing it. I just lost my Gerber paraframe ($18) which wasn't a huge deal, but I liked it and wasn't happy to reach down to my pocket and realize it wasn't there. I know I had it when I started the day.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

(Went back and re-read the posts and realize you mentioned knives with a smaller $$$. These then don't fit the bill..lol. I'll still leave the post though)

My top 3 knives are as follows (no particular order)

- Benchmade Triage 915/916 (I have the 916)
    916 Triage® Product Detail

- Kershaw Zero Tolerance 0300
    Zero Tolerance 0300 Black Plain Edge Knife at The Kershaw Store

- DPx HEST/F 2.0 or DPx HEST/F Milspec (I have the 2.0; milspec is better and newer)
    http://dpgear.com/

I have used each of these on various deployments and each have performed superbly. Absolutely no complaint about any of them. I have exposed them to heat, cold, sand, mud, cut wire, cardboard, straps, foils, clothes, etc. etc.

*note, I do not personally recommend getting spring assisted ones if you will be exposing the knives to mud/sand etc. Can tend to gum it up and in the end hinder the opening of the knife.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%

I carry the Spyderco "Tenacious" for my EDC knife. IMO, you can't beat this for the price. It's a quality knife that has stood up to a beating I've put on them over the years. It's light, retains a great edge, and opens flawlessly. It's the best $37 bucks I've spent in a while.

http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Tenac...erco+tenacious

I like Zero Tolerance knives as well, but I'd take Spyderco over anything else at this point.

Legendary

27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%

I bought some Crimson Trace "Master Series" wooden laser grips for my 1911 this week. It made me think....I need another 1911....

002.JPG

Legendary

28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.48%

was just curious what type of ammo do you all put through ur .45's i just bought 2 boxes of 45-acp-230-gr-jhp-federal-hi-shok
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.73%

Quote Originally Posted by fame126 View Post
    was just curious what type of ammo do you all put through ur .45's i just bought 2 boxes of 45-acp-230-gr-jhp-federal-hi-shok
    For personal defense, cor-bon dpx all the way. For range day, any cheap stuff with a brass case. I dislike the idea of a steel case.
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy244 View Post
    For personal defense, cor-bon dpx all the way. For range day, any cheap stuff with a brass case. I dislike the idea of a steel case.
    I've gotta be honest, here. The first test I make is a gun's ability to cycle steel case ammo. If it doesn't eat it, I get rid of the gun (unless it's a small carry pistol for SD).
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

I bought some Crimson Trace "Master Series" wooden laser grips for my 1911 this week. It made me think....I need another 1911....
    Watching Longmire recently made me want one. I'm thinking a Dan Wesson...going big with my first 1911.

I'd settle for a nice Springfield, too.
  32. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%

I don't recall seeing steel case 45, but have shot aluminum case Blazers as well as a few others in brass. my 1911 doesn't seem picky, jacketed or plated only so far though, and 200-230gr.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%

Watching Longmire recently made me want one. I'm thinking a Dan Wesson...going big with my first 1911.

I'd settle for a nice Springfield, too.
    I'm saving for an Ed Brown. I'll have enough saved in a few years.

Actually, I'm looking to go Springfield. I need to sell off something in the cabinet that I don't want, and then make it happen, haha.

Legendary

34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%

I don't recall seeing steel case 45, but have shot aluminum case Blazers as well as a few others in brass. my 1911 doesn't seem picky, jacketed or plated only so far though, and 200-230gr.
    Hornady actually makes a steel cased match series now. I haven't shot any yet, though. I need to get my azz in gear and start reloading.

Legendary

35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.48%

****s expensive!!! 100.00 for 100rounds it was like .78 a round but with shipping made it over 100.00
  36. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%

Hornady actually makes a steel cased match series now. I haven't shot any yet, though. I need to get my azz in gear and start reloading.
    reloading 45 is soooo simple. I've actually recruited my 5 and 9 year old kids to run the progressive press for me. they are just thrilled to death to be able to
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%

I just started the firefighter recruiting process here in NC...Excited for the FF discount on new guns, among other things like major life changes.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%

I just started the firefighter recruiting process here in NC...Excited for the FF discount on new guns, among other things like major life changes.
    Nice Dude Congrats !
    RIP IRONFLEX
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

My new Sig Sauer P226 Mk25.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE