The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 13

The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Page 13 of 26 First ... 8111213141518 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thyrod View Post
    If you don't mind posting a pic ^^
    Will post later tonight.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Picked up this today.
    Weatherby vanguard
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Picked up this today.
    Weatherby vanguard
    caliber or you copy and pasted off of google images!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

and is that the S2 synthetic package?? its sharp dude I love weatherbys
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

If you don't mind posting a pic ^^
    Here you go. This is what I used.

ForumRunner_20130128_214801.png

ForumRunner_20130128_214810.png

ForumRunner_20130128_214819.png
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

30-06 and thanks for the pics, I think I'm gonna go ahead and order me one. I'm yet to shoot it but will this week.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I wish ammo existed
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I'm hoping to have CCW in Illinois by June.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    I'm hoping to have CCW in Illinois by June.
    Lol good luck. Its impossible there just about. And is it even any good in Chicago where you would actually need it?
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

Lol good luck. Its impossible there just about. And is it even any good in Chicago where you would actually need it?
    Na the courts said they have to give us CCW Law by June 9th. Lets hope for a good clean CCW law.

And plus the hell with Chicago. Lets even the guns up. I'm all for people having the means to defend themselves.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Na the courts said they have to give us CCW Law by June 9th. Lets hope for a good clean CCW law.

And plus the hell with Chicago. Lets even the guns up. I'm all for people having the means to defend themselves.
    Oh me too! Its just that Chicago has some of the most ridiculous gun laws in the nation. Its terrible.

Lol ya boy here has quite a collection of guns. Including a class iii ( 2 of them actually ) i went hunting right outside champagne one year and it was a nightmare when we got pulled over by law enforcement.

Bit that's good to here about the ccw law changes. Glad you can start packing now!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

^^ what ya got. I hope to obtain a class 3 eventually.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

^^ what ya got. I hope to obtain a class 3 eventually.
    an RJF AR in .223 and in 6.5 grendel. and then I got an original never issued BAR. Its got actual paperwork and the serial numbers coincide. thats more of a collector item than a gun to go out and shoot.

ive also got a defend-AR and bumbski stock. The defend-AR is on bushmaster (its in 5.56) and the bumpski is on a .22 AK clone.

They actually let us have guns here lol. with my ccw i can pack inside any where except an airport.

Class 3s arent as hard as everybody makes them out to be. You just have to find your nearest class 3 dealer and talk to them. They will help you out with your stamps and paper work. Just be ready to fork over some dough.

The only way around it is if you buy a "pre-band" weapon. meaning it was made and sold prior to 1985 i believe. Thats how i got my BAR without any paperwork. It also has to be a private sale if im not mistaken.

at any rate. Im glad i reload. Cause Ive got enough brass to make a few life size statues of myself. I just hope that the powder and bullets stay available.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Very nice yeah in az it's not to hard. Just need the money
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Very nice yeah in az it's not to hard. Just need the money
    In az just go over to Mexico and by one from a cop lol
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Haha that could work, but knowing my luck ill get the one straight cop in Mexico lol.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Haha that could work, but knowing my luck ill get the one straight cop in Mexico lol.
    Haha straight cop in Mexico...that's about as common as a straight cop in Jamaica
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Haha.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I need to get some tactical gear. That's a nice looking vest; how's the stitching?

Took my SGL21-61 out yesterday for the first time. That was a lot of fun. I'm going to throw some Tech-Sights on there and call it good. I really enjoy the simplicity of my AK's. - I don't currently own an AR, but would love to do a custom build in 7.62x51. I'm waiting for PSA to get some stripped lowers in stock. I'll probably get a couple and build over the next few months.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

One of my new toys:

Ruger SR1911

001.JPG

I got rid of my Kimber 1911 and bought this along with a Glock 23 Gen4. What an amazing gun for the price. It's about half the price of the Kimber, and shoots just as good or better. She's definitely a keeper.

-T1

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

I've been out shooting my M1 Garand a lot lately. The weather has been absolutely beautiful here in Tampa, so I've been taking advantage of it. Thank god I had bought a ****load of .30-06 M2 Ball at a great price right before the ammo situation went dire. I'm starting to focus my WW2 collection more on US C&R weapons right now. I currently have a Springfield M1903A4 sniper rifle (1943), an HRA M1 Garand (1954), and a Springfield M1 Garand (1942). Next on the list will be an M1 Carbine.

This is the M1 I currently use as a "shooter." It's all parts matching/period correct(except the stock which I switched out to try a new reproduction) from 1954. It definitely takes some practice to get good with the M1, but once you do, it's an absolutely amazing rifle. They are hands-down the favorite guns in my collection. It's always a riot to see all the heads turn on the firing line when they hear the famous "ping" of an ejected M1 enbloc clip hit the ground.

Here she is:

005.JPG004.JPG001.JPG

Legendary

22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Glad to hear it, bro. Now you have an excuse to buy a new "carry weapon!!" Haha!

-T1

Legendary

23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post

Glad to hear it, bro. Now you have an excuse to buy a new "carry weapon!!" Haha!

-T1
    Thanks I just hope for a clean CCW law. Congrates on your new 1911. I have my Utah and Florida CCW so im good with all the equipment. But could always get a new gun.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Thanks I just hope for a clean CCW law. Congrates on your new 1911. I have my Utah and Florida CCW so im good with all the equipment. But could always get a new gun.
    I hope you do as well, bro. Florida has done a good job with their CCW laws, so I'm happy to say the least. They're now looking to bring in a new "open carry" law. I think that's good and should already by on the books, but I still prefer to carry concealed if I have the choice.

-T1

Legendary

25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Why would you need both? Don't Utah and Florida cross over? I know mine from ms is good in both Florida and Utah. Its a pitch to buy a handgun in Desseret man lol. You would think a state that is so gun friendly on so many levels would make it a little easier to obtain one but they don't. Its terrible lol
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Why would you need both? Don't Utah and Florida cross over? I know mine from ms is good in both Florida and Utah. Its a pitch to buy a handgun in Desseret man lol. You would think a state that is so gun friendly on so many levels would make it a little easier to obtain one but they don't. Its terrible lol
    Since I have Non-Resident Permits I don't always get the same states as Resident Permits. I had the Utah Permit but Florida doesn't accept Non-Resident Utah Permits, but accepts Resident Utah Permits. So I had to get the Non-Resident Florida Permit so I could carry in Florida on the family trips there to Disney.

The cost of the Utah CCW permit is: $51.00 plus what ever the class costs.
    And the Florida CCW permit cost is: $112.00 plus what ever the class costs.

But I can carry in basically any state I travel to, well except my state I live in.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Since I have Non-Resident Permits I don't always get the same states as Resident Permits. I had the Utah Permit but Florida doesn't accept Non-Resident Utah Permits, but accepts Resident Utah Permits. So I had to get the Non-Resident Florida Permit so I could carry in Florida on the family trips there to Disney.

The cost of the Utah CCW permit is: $51.00 plus what ever the class costs.
    And the Florida CCW permit cost is: $112.00 plus what ever the class costs.

But I can carry in basically any state I travel to, well except my state I live in.
    Which is??? And i go to Utah quite a bit and did one of my undergrad there. Its pretty gun friendly as is but its not as loose as say...Texas or ms or vt
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I live in Illinois.

We don't have CCW as of yet but we should by June.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

I live in Illinois.

We don't have CCW as of yet but we should by June.
    That sucks dude...hope it works out
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

One of my new toys:

Ruger SR1911

001.JPG

I got rid of my Kimber 1911 and bought this along with a Glock 23 Gen4. What an amazing gun for the price. It's about half the price of the Kimber, and shoots just as good or better. She's definitely a keeper.

-T1
    I'm glad you like it. I've been interested in those too. I don't currently own a 1911, but I love them. I've heard a lot of crap about Kimber. Good thing I do my research. Sounds like Ruger knocked it out of the park with this gun.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I'm glad you like it. I've been interested in those too. I don't currently own a 1911, but I love them. I've heard a lot of crap about Kimber. Good thing I do my research. Sounds like Ruger knocked it out of the park with this gun.
    Out of all the 1911's that I've owned over the years, this Ruger SR1911 is definitely my favorite. Accurate, Reliable, and a damn good looking gun for the price. You would enjoy this Ruger, IC.

I will never buy another Kimber again. The problem certainly wasn't the accuracy (it was an absolute tac-driver when it functioned well), but it proved to be unreliable over the years. It had WAY too many malfunctions; which continued even after doing everything possible to improve reliability (changing springs, polishing, new parts, etc.) Kimber's do have very tight tolerances, but it is ridiculous to pay 14-1500 dollars for a 1911 that was absolutely unreliable. Now one could say, "Well, you just got a lemon." There have been way too many complaints in the same regard over the years. The gun forums are full of them. It seems you either love Kimber or hate them. I have 2 buddies as well that had similar issues with theirs and eventually gave up on them.

I do plan on getting either an Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, or Dan Wesson 1911 though at some point.

Have you been stocking up on ammo, IC?

-T1

Legendary

32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Have you been stocking up on ammo, IC?

-T1
    When I can catch the deals I have. The main trouble I've had is finding everything in one spot. It seems the minimum shipping charge for ammo is around $12, and I've payed up to $50 for shipping 2k rounds before, but that ammo was a great price in this market, so I was happy to pay it. Aim Surplus has been my main go-to site for ammo. Thus far I've got:

~ 4500 rds of 7.62x39
    ~ 1500 rds of 223/5.56
    ~ 1k rds of 9mm
    ~1k rds of 40sw
    ~ 4500 rds 22lr
    ~200 rds 12ga 00bk
    ~ 75 rds 12ga slugs
    ~300 rds bird shot

As for mags:

15 steel surplus and 1 Bulgarian Circle 10 in 7.62x39 (30rd)
    8 Bulgarian Circle 10 in 5.56/223 (30rd)
    2 Tapco Galil/Golani (30rd)
    5 FNP-40 (14rd)
    4 CW9 (7rd)

Sitting far better than most, so I'm pretty happy. It's never enough though. I almost cried when I shot 100rds at the range the other day.
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.

Poppin' in to say hello to my old buds. Still strong, still rockin the weaponry at my house. Still making paracord gear, including a single-point bungee sling for all the tactical crowd. Self-promo time!!! If you want to come check it out, Z-Cord on FB (where most will find me these days).

Shoot straight, peeps. Molon Labe. III%
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    Poppin' in to say hello to my old buds. Still strong, still rockin the weaponry at my house. Still making paracord gear, including a single-point bungee sling for all the tactical crowd. Self-promo time!!! If you want to come check it out, Z-Cord on FB (where most will find me these days).

Do you have a link outside of FB? No FB here.

And Trauma, to add, I've been dying to get my hands on a Mosin Nagant carbine, but the thought of stocking another caliber makes my head hurt. - Not to mention the DSA FAL I've been eyeballing; mags, ammo, etc...GAH! I wish I got into this stuff a long time ago. Damn my young ignorance.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.

Nope, sorry. Just a FB page. I've learned something about paracord gear - it's popular. I'm forcibly keeping myself small to avoid getting overwhelmed. I thought about doing a website, but then I'd have to declare it an official business and taxes and F U Uncle Sam, so... yeah, just on FB. However, if you are interested in anything in particular, I can always send pics and whatnot to ya via email. PM me here for info. I do bracelets of many types, dog collars, a slew of different gun slings, and probably just about anything else you can think of.
  36. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Re: The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Nope, sorry. Just a FB page. I've learned something about paracord gear - it's popular. I'm forcibly keeping myself small to avoid getting overwhelmed. I thought about doing a website, but then I'd have to declare it an official business and taxes and F U Uncle Sam, so... yeah, just on FB. However, if you are interested in anything in particular, I can always send pics and whatnot to ya via email. PM me here for info. I do bracelets of many types, dog collars, a slew of different gun slings, and probably just about anything else you can think of.

Seen the work, its dope!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

When I can catch the deals I have. The main trouble I've had is finding everything in one spot. It seems the minimum shipping charge for ammo is around $12, and I've payed up to $50 for shipping 2k rounds before, but that ammo was a great price in this market, so I was happy to pay it. Aim Surplus has been my main go-to site for ammo. Thus far I've got:

~ 4500 rds of 7.62x39
    ~ 1500 rds of 223/5.56
    ~ 1k rds of 9mm
    ~1k rds of 40sw
    ~ 4500 rds 22lr
    ~200 rds 12ga 00bk
    ~ 75 rds 12ga slugs
    ~300 rds bird shot

As for mags:

15 steel surplus and 1 Bulgarian Circle 10 in 7.62x39 (30rd)
    8 Bulgarian Circle 10 in 5.56/223 (30rd)
    2 Tapco Galil/Golani (30rd)
    5 FNP-40 (14rd)
    4 CW9 (7rd)

Sitting far better than most, so I'm pretty happy. It's never enough though. I almost cried when I shot 100rds at the range the other day.
    Nice! Ammo is pure freakin' gold at this point. You've definitely acquired a nice little stockpile. Keep adding to it my friend. There are definitely some decent deals out there if you know where to look and happen to be near the computer when they are posted. AIM surplus is definitely one to watch; along with SGAmmo. I've bought at least 75% of my ammo from them.

I've now effectively taken over 1/2 of our master bedroom walk-in closet that is filled with nothing but guns, ammo, and everything tactical... haha!

She's gonna kill me...

-T1

Legendary

38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

You make some good stuff indeed my friend. I bought a few paracord bracelets from Tim a while back, and I get compliments on them all the time. Next....up.....a rifle sling big T!

You've been fairly quiet on FB lately. It's starting to scare me...

-T1

Legendary

39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

And Trauma, to add, I've been dying to get my hands on a Mosin Nagant carbine, but the thought of stocking another caliber makes my head hurt. - Not to mention the DSA FAL I've been eyeballing; mags, ammo, etc...GAH! I wish I got into this stuff a long time ago. Damn my young ignorance.
    I hear ya, buddy. There have actually been an influx of Mosin M44 carbines over the last few months. They are definitely going up in price as well. The 7.62x54R round is a good one to stockpile. There is still a ****load of surplus still coming into the country (many years worth left), and until 6 months ago, it was very economical...it still is, but the price is slowly rising. I promise you that you'll absolutely love the Mosin M44. The freakin' fireball is always a talking point at the range; that and it's freakin' LOUD as hell. Shooting these things from the bench will definitely make you remember it the next day...lol.

-T1

Legendary

40. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.

You make some good stuff indeed my friend. I bought a few paracord bracelets from Tim a while back, and I get compliments on them all the time. Next....up.....a rifle sling big T!

You've been fairly quiet on FB lately. It's starting to scare me...

-T1
    Me? Quiet? Well shyt, negro, you must not be paying attention!! lol I'm on there every single day at work, and then via mobile the rest of the day. HA!!

Like the vid of the Nagant blasts, too, by the by. I was searching for one recently, and wouldn't you know it, now I can't find one in my local haunts! No big, money isn't there now, but maybe sometime. I still want to get a big'un and put that Archangel stock on it. It'd look bad-azz with a tripod and a cord sling on my show tables!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. official overtraining thread!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. post in official thread.
    By Swole215 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 08:35 AM
  3. THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD
    By SELFofGOD in forum General Chat