The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Page 10 of 35 First ... 89101112 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    In ways, they kinda do that already. In order to get an FFL, you grant the ATF access to your medical records anyway. If they don't like what they see, they can deny you; even take what you have if you something pops up. They don't have that access right now though in approving gun sales through NICS unless you pop up as either a felon or have been reported as involuntarily admitted to a psychiatric institution or mentally defective; but you're right, that can all change.

    This obamacare bull**** is the beginning of the end. I'm honestly more concerned about this UN Gun Treaty that's being discussed right now. If the senate is stupid enough to ratify this atrocity to the constitution (more specifically the second amendment), then you can begin to prepare for the 2nd American Revolution, because it won't be far off.



    -T1
    I don't want them to know period, so I'll get my guns else where.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    I don't want them to know period, so I'll get my guns else where.
    I couldn't agree more...

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

    •   
       


  3. Thing of beauty that is. Great job! Have you considered adding a flashlight to it?

  4. Looking to get my first pistol. Primarily for target possibly for home defense. Would probably still go for the 12 gauge. Looking at either a .45 or 9mm. Any thoughts or brand. Thanks for the info

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Night Prowler
    Looking to get my first pistol. Primarily for target possibly for home defense. Would probably still go for the 12 gauge. Looking at either a .45 or 9mm. Any thoughts or brand. Thanks for the info
    Depending on how much you want to spend.....I love my Kimber 1911 .45!
    Day by Day, we get better and better! Tillí we canít be beat Ė Wonít Be Beat!

  6. random question. Made in the USA Berettas: is that a good thing?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Night Prowler
    Looking to get my first pistol. Primarily for target possibly for home defense. Would probably still go for the 12 gauge. Looking at either a .45 or 9mm. Any thoughts or brand. Thanks for the info
    In the end it is all about how the firearm feels to you. Really any firearm will put down someone. With good shooting discipline. What I have by my bed is a Sig P250 full-size 9mm with a light on it, 17 rounds of frangable defence ammo.

    Best thing to do is go to a gun range that rents guns and try different ones out. Will save you some headaches in the beginning and end if you end up not likeing a gun just because it looked cool or it fits someone's else's hands better. Once you do get a firearm, practice your shooting disciplines at the range if you can. Most home defence shootings will happen under 20 feet. So practice this.

    Also have fun and enjoy your firearm.

    Here is my bedroom firearm with ammo.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    random question. Made in the USA Berettas: is that a good thing?
    Not much if any differences

    There are some places that say that the American Beretta had better QA then the Italian.
    Also could be differences in the way the sights are fitted on the firearms but not sure.
    I have an American made one and I love to shoot it but don't because of other guns I have.

    Here is a video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCSFSYsa1M
    (Ignore the mouth smacking if you can )
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  9. good to know. an Inox 92FS or a SA .45 XD are on the short list of realistic choices. Like you said its down to which fits better in the hand, but .45 would be my choice all things considered. Either would work i am sure extremely reliable, low FTF or FTE.

  10. I put my new C&R FFL to good use. Here's a great deal for you Mosin Nagant fans.

    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ne&groupid=254



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

    •   
       


  11. Anyone here either own or have fired a Nagant revolver?



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  12. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I put my new C&R FFL to good use. Here's a great deal for you Mosin Nagant fans.

    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ne&groupid=254



    -T1
    Sad thing was about 2 years ago you could pull the Nagants for around $69-$79. Didn't have the C&R yet.

    Want a interesting rifle look into the Steyr Hungarian M95 8X56R rifles. They are a dream to shoot and yet a hella big bang.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Anyone here either own or have fired a Nagant revolver?



    -T1
    Nope but really have been looking at getting one because of the price on them. I think Cabela is having a sale on them right now around me. The ammo isn't cheap tho and i'm not sure if it is reloadable.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  14. What's the difference between some of the Nagants and ones that are "arsenally refinished"? Usually see those a bit cheaper. John, what would be best for my needs? (bastardizing it)
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    Sad thing was about 2 years ago you could pull the Nagants for around $69-$79. Didn't have the C&R yet.

    Want a interesting rifle look into the Steyr Hungarian M95 8X56R rifles. They are a dream to shoot and yet a hella big bang.
    You can still find really good deals on Mosins, but they've definitely increased in price; especially the M38 and M44 carbines. AIM Surplus has them for $89.95 right now.

    I was looking at they Steyr M95's a few days ago. J&G sales has a good deal on them right now:

    http://www.jgsales.com/steyr-95-stut...t.-p-5795.html

    For $100 I just may have to jump on that. Have you found any place that has a good price and supply of the 8x56R ammo?



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  16. Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    Nope but really have been looking at getting one because of the price on them. I think Cabela is having a sale on them right now around me. The ammo isn't cheap tho and i'm not sure if it is reloadable.
    The price is great on them, but I've heard that anything but the surplus ammo for them is garbage and underpowered. I haven't seen anything on reloading for it, but I imagine you could. I'll have to research that.

    The ammo definitely isn't cheap; even for surplus. It's a pretty cool little revolver with a good history to it, though.



    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  17. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD View Post
    What's the difference between some of the Nagants and ones that are "arsenally refinished"? Usually see those a bit cheaper. John, what would be best for my needs? (bastardizing it)
    Almost every one that you buy has been arsenally refinished to some degree. They are usually marked with a cartouche on the stock to signify that it has been. Sometimes they fixed or changed out the stocks; replaced parts and force matched the serial numbers; etc. Every once in a while you'll find one that wasn't. My Mosin Nagant M44 wasn't, and you can tell. It literally looks like a battlefield pick up (which I think it probably was), and then somehow emerged into the market as such. I'll have to post a pic of it. I absolutely LOVE the thing in the current condition. It shoots like a freakin' dream, too. When these were imported there is also an importer stamp that was usually applied to either the barrel or receiver of the rifle.

    I have some Mosin's that I play with gunsmithing and such; and others that I won't touch. It all depends really on the person and the history of the rifle to be honest. I have a book that I can look through to identify certain markings on the rifle. Some of them are more rare and unique, and those I keep as is to retain and respect the history. I have a few though that are very basic with no significant markings on them, so I decided to refinish and modify them a bit.

    Ultimately, it all comes down to what gives you the most enjoyment. There are some guys that will rip you for refinishing or modifying a Mosin, but in the end it's your rifle and you can do what you want with it. You can refinish these guns back to very good condition and still keep them original.

    You can't go wrong with a $100 rifle like the Mosin, Tim. They are fun as hell to shoot and the ammo is still very cheap. It's a great way to get into rifles as well and learn about the whole bolt action system. The most common variants are the M91/30, M44, M38, and the M91/59.

    The M91/30 was the standard infantry rifle in full size. The rifles that noted superb accuracy were marked (depending on the arsenal that made them) and became sniper rifles.

    The M38 is a carbine (meaning smaller version of the gun) that was issued to transporters, tankers, and artillery units.

    The M44 is also a carbine version, but it has an attached folding bayonet. They are freakin' awesome little guns. They were made after the battle of Stalingrad when the Russian's learned that they needed a smaller gun with a bayonet capability during the house to house fighting.

    You need a Mosin my friend.




    -T1

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  18. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1

    You can still find really good deals on Mosins, but they've definitely increased in price; especially the M38 and M44 carbines. AIM Surplus has them for $89.95 right now.

    I was looking at they Steyr M95's a few days ago. J&G sales has a good deal on them right now:

    http://www.jgsales.com/steyr-95-stut...t.-p-5795.html

    For $100 I just may have to jump on that. Have you found any place that has a good price and supply of the 8x56R ammo?

    -T1
    Aimsurplus.com has a good deal on New manufactured 8x56r ammo. Pivi brass.

    I got my steyr from www.southernohiogun.com. The M95 Steyr looked great. They only sell to Dealers and C&R Dealers. You will have to send your CR to them and they will make a login for you to see the prices.

    You can still get surplus ammo (corrosive) for the M95. It's around $20 for 10.

    And the new stuff is $20 for 20.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by T-AD
    What's the difference between some of the Nagants and ones that are "arsenally refinished"? Usually see those a bit cheaper. John, what would be best for my needs? (bastardizing it)
    I know John answered you. But also you can really get any Nagant with a strait bolt and change it into a "turn bolt" with a kit, the kit also has a scope mount with the kit. So you can have a "Sniper M44" for cheaper then the real one. Plus you can do it your self.

    I know they also make new stocks for them too.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    Aimsurplus.com has a good deal on New manufactured 8x56r ammo. Pivi brass.

    I got my steyr from www.southernohiogun.com. The M95 Steyr looked great. They only sell to Dealers and C&R Dealers. You will have to send your CR to them and they will make a login for you to see the prices.

    You can still get surplus ammo (corrosive) for the M95. It's around $20 for 10.

    And the new stuff is $20 for 20.
    I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of these. I like the straight pull on the bolt. Pretty cool it uses and enbloc clip as well. I guess when I finally get into reloading I can utilize it for the steyr as well. I love little carbines that are freakin' cannons, haha!

    This C&R is gonna get me in a lot of trouble with the wife...



    -John

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  21. Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    I know John answered you. But also you can really get any Nagant with a strait bolt and change it into a "turn bolt" with a kit, the kit also has a scope mount with the kit. So you can have a "Sniper M44" for cheaper then the real one. Plus you can do it your self.

    I know they also make new stocks for them too.
    There's a few different guys on ebay that will convert your bolt to the standard sniper length and angle. One guy will do it all weld, and they both have an option to drill, tap, steel epoxy, and drive a pin through it for extra strength. I've had work done by both of them and they came out awesome. I want to say it's about 25-30 bucks with shipping to get it done.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  22. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on one of these. I like the straight pull on the bolt. Pretty cool it uses and enbloc clip as well. I guess when I finally get into reloading I can utilize it for the steyr as well. I love little carbines that are freakin' cannons, haha!

    This C&R is gonna get me in a lot of trouble with the wife...



    -John
    You can find the enbloc clips on Ebay too. Be sure to keep all your brass. If you do end up reloading you will be happier down the road. If not you can always sell the brass on different websites.

    I've bought 9mm Winchester one shot brass for 30/k shipped.

    Don't even know what the specialty brass would go for like the 8x56r, and the reloadable Russian brass.

    -----------------------------------------------------------

    Will have to look into the ebay guys to work on a turn bolt for a Mosin for me.

    -----------------------------------------------------------

    Tho my next CR gun will prob be a Walther P1/P38. I have always wanted one of those pistols.

    1287734285.jpg

    And yes a C&R will get you in trouble with the wife.
    Start a online savings account like ING Orange account save money there and pay from your own account.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    I know John answered you. But also you can really get any Nagant with a strait bolt and change it into a "turn bolt" with a kit, the kit also has a scope mount with the kit. So you can have a "Sniper M44" for cheaper then the real one. Plus you can do it your self.

    I know they also make new stocks for them too.
    Exactly what I plan to do with it. ATI makes stocks and the bolt kit for it. I'd probably opt to have someone do the bolt for me since I screw things up, but otherwise I just want to scope it, bipod, stock, and make a modern gun out of it. Sniper rifle on a budget!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    There's a few different guys on ebay that will convert your bolt to the standard sniper length and angle. One guy will do it all weld, and they both have an option to drill, tap, steel epoxy, and drive a pin through it for extra strength. I've had work done by both of them and they came out awesome. I want to say it's about 25-30 bucks with shipping to get it done.
    I'll definitely go this route and have someone else do it. I've seen a few guys already that do.


    Also, been doing a little thinking lately beyond the Nagant. I looked at an AR and didn't like it. I held a WASR 2 weeks ago and didn't really like it either. Maybe I'll skip that idea for now, but am toying with the idea of a .45. I know something pricey is out, as much as I'd like a Kimber or something. What other recommendations do you guys have? Springfield XD guns? Looking along those lines, me thinkst. Opinions welcome!
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  24. the xd .45 looks great like the best of Herr Glock and Mr Browning's ideas in one package

    an 870 question for you guys: assuming it is the standard mag size, are all 870's barrels replaceable from say a field length to a HD 18.5?

    They didnt make any crazy model changes over the years did they? fingers crossed

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    the xd .45 looks great like the best of Herr Glock and Mr Browning's ideas in one package

    an 870 question for you guys: assuming it is the standard mag size, are all 870's barrels replaceable from say a field length to a HD 18.5?

    They didnt make any crazy model changes over the years did they? fingers crossed
    Not sure, but I think so. I remember looking around the gun shop a few weeks ago and laughing at a Rem870 barrell that was made by Mossberg! Definitely a good idea, though! The more purposes you can get out of one gun, the more justification to get said gun!



    As for the XD's, been reading up a bit. Definitely think I found one I like! http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/specs_8.html

    XDM 45 comp series. Specs look great on it (atleast to my eye), and the price range seems to be much better than I expected. It's my style - tacti-cool, and I could definitely see myself with it! Just gotta sell a crapload of paracord to afford one first. Anybody need a rifle/shottie sling?!?!?!? I do a real nice package complete with sling, swivels, and matching bracelet and keyfob! lol I figure I'd only need to sell about, oh, 7 slings to afford this pistol.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  26. Honestly - legality aside..all i have to do is ask and I am pretty sure my inlaws would just give me either the 870 or an Ithica 20 guage 37 Featherlight. Have to assume it is a short barrel because my Father in Law says he fires it one handed.. Great argument for my wife.. they are her family airlooms after all, they have to be passed down

    Need to read up on how one sells / transfers in NJ.. Some how I doubt I can get away with no crazy fee to the state.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    Honestly - legality aside..all i have to do is ask and I am pretty sure my inlaws would just give me either the 870 or an Ithica 20 guage 37 Featherlight. Have to assume it is a short barrel because my Father in Law says he fires it one handed.. Great argument for my wife.. they are her family airlooms after all, they have to be passed down

    Need to read up on how one sells / transfers in NJ.. Some how I doubt I can get away with no crazy fee to the state.
    Which is funny because I was just talking to a buddy from Ohio on Saturday night about gun fees and whatnot. Apparently in OH, they don't register the guns. You just buy one, they don't track the numbers, and that's it from what I understood. Getting a carry permit, on the other hand, is the hard part. In PA, they do the fed check on you before you buy anything. All sales or trades done at a FFL dealer. The permit, as I said before, is as easy as walking into the local sheriff's office, filling out a form, and having a seat while they take your picture. It may be different from county to county, but where I'm at now, it's $30 for the first 5 years, then $20 renewal. Walk in, picture, walk out with photo ID carry permit card. Reminds me... gotta get mine renewed!
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  28. Anyone own a Kel-Tec p11? I was thinking of buying one.

  29. Gun / Survival Porn! A buddy of mine sent me a few pics of her new para sling. I thought she was just going to take pics of the gun, but no...no... there's boobs.

    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.

  30. Nice picture. Tell her thanks from all.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2015
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. official overtraining thread!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 03:02 PM
  2. post in official thread.
    By Swole215 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 10:35 AM
  3. THE OFFICIAL ATHEIST THREAD
    By SELFofGOD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Official boxmeman thread
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
  5. Official NFL Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Log in
Log in