Green Lantern Movie... Good? Bad? opinions please

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
I really enjoyed this movie. Better than X-men or Thor IMO.

Let's hear it.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
So many reviews very horrible

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
I haven't seen it but based on the previews and the main actor I can't possibly see how id enjoy it. I don't have anything against in idea of making a modern green lantern, but at least get a better lead actor. Someone who isn't a one-dimensional actor who's best known for his role in Van Wilder. ....that's just how I feel LOL

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen it but based on the previews and the main actor I can't possibly see how id enjoy it. I don't have anything against in idea of making a modern green lantern, but at least get a better lead actor. Someone who isn't a one-dimensional actor who's best known for his role in Van Wilder. ....that's just how I feel LOL
I totally agree; every time I see him in a movie I'm just like, "gah ... YOU AGAIN!?!"

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really enjoyed it. The storyline is good, they did some fun things with the special effects. Overall its not like any movies are original anymore, so giving me a story i'm enjoying hearing play out and good visuals is all I look for.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Wow, lots of bashing.. i guess I'm just partial to the back story of the Green Lantern Corps. Strength based upon each individual's will is what interests me most about this series.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's one of those movies that falls in the "pure entertainment" category. It's not something that you should go into thinking your going to get a very well written plot with great dialoge. They pretty much butcher the source material drawn from the comics, so if you were a fan of the comic, it's not for you. For all intents and purposes though it was okay, not great, not horrible. I don't think it was better story and plot wise then either Xmen or Thor, but it was good entertainment for an hour and a half.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can agree with this, though I do look forward to what he can do as Deadpool.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
So Renolds sucked in Smokin Aces, the Amityville horror and Waiting? get over yourselves

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
So Renolds sucked in Smokin Aces, the Amityville horror and Waiting? get over yourselves
LMAO! :laugh: Alright, I will admit that I didn't think he was the right choice for this role but I still had a better time at this movie than any other this summer.

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
just came back from x-men; first class, very, very good. mangeto and prof x were awesome

sapentia

sapentia

Awards
Just saw Green Lantern last night. It wasn't that bad; it entertained me which is all I was expecting. Saw it in 3D too which IMO makes movies more watchable when they aren't as good.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Watching it now, way to "typical" storyline and wayyyyy to many gaps between scenes. Its like they only focus on big scenes.and all the minor scenes were cut from final movie. Example, instead of showing a man walk through multiple rooms having a convo with a diff person in each room, they show only a convo with diff person in each room. That type of.filmin makes for ****ty movie.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Watching it now, way to "typical" storyline and wayyyyy to many gaps between scenes. Its like they only focus on big scenes.and all the minor scenes were cut from final movie. Example, instead of showing a man walk through multiple rooms having a convo with a diff person in each room, they show only a convo with diff person in each room. That type of.filmin makes for ****ty movie.
On a certain level, I agree with you. But for a summer blockbuster, I think they nailed it with this movie(aside from casting Renoylds).
I thought green lantern sucked
How insightful of you

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
On a certain level, I agree with you. But for a summer blockbuster, I think they nailed it with this movie(aside from casting Renoylds).
How insightful of you
Girlfriend loves super hero moves and fell asleep.
I felt the story was rushed, I felt the acting choices were bad, and I felt they really did delve into much of the character.
On thor. It was a nice movie but also a little rushed in the story boarding idea, and did stay a good distance away from the comic book. That is depressing in itself.
If I see a movie I expect it to actually be worth my time this was not and almost all of in the theater left thinking WTF do to the conversations.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Thats what I.mean, the storyline was rushed in both, but thor had just better screenplay and did a.little better job at casting which gave it a big one up, natalie portman shouldb replaced....

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I saw it today, it wasnt horrible, it was just an average fluff film, like thor, happy go lucky summer superish hero tryin to be a feel good movie, and I agree it seemed rushed, as Im sure the captain america movie will be rushed, just to get them all out before the avengers movie thats coming. (I know dc not marvel) Im sayin all these films appear rushed out like they are in a race. I dont hate Renolds at all, but given the other movies I quoted, that were great, I think he shoulda passed on this one.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually really enjoyed this movie. Not ever following the comic book I have no idea if it stayed true to character or not and don't care. IMO if the critics say that a new comic book movie sucks then it is probably a good movie for most people. I'm just waiting for the "pop" when the critics finally pull their heads out of their butts and see that most people just go to see movies for the entertainment factor.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
I actually really enjoyed this movie. Not ever following the comic book I have no idea if it stayed true to character or not and don't care. IMO if the critics say that a new comic book movie sucks then it is probably a good movie for most people. I'm just waiting for the "pop" when the critics finally pull their heads out of their butts and see that most people just go to see movies for the entertainment factor.
Agreed