Is this police brutality?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    airram479's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    32.18%

  2. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484103
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    90.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    In before Stakedcop.




    IMO... no. Looks like she swung first. Just like any gentleman's duel, either make the first one count or it's on like donkey kong till the break o' dawn with Rae Dawn Chong.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  3. Senior Member
    808rebel's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Power
    1642
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    i didnt really see her swing first....looks like it to me...but idk...definitely not a good look, especially with all those people watching..
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    airram479's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    32.18%

    At first i was like "damn", but after 3 views the girl is obviously wasted--you would have to be to take a swing at cop.
  5. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110765
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I say NO to Police Brutality, she did swing first, I saw it! Also, after he smacked her away so he could do his job, then she went Nut-So on him! I do wanna hear what STAKDCOP has to say about it though???
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  6. New Member
    n87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    407
    Rep Power
    12920
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    35.25%

    ...lol, two fat ass cops could not submit a girl without punching her in the face.
    BTW, it looked like the cop threw the first punch.
    I believe most people are essentially good. I know that I am. It's you I'm not entirely sure of.
    ― Stephen King.
  7. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141052
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    0.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The following is based on the video: I say yeah (even though I'm usually for it :P). Cops need to decide if they're there to uphold the law or if they're back in high school trying to be the coolest. The man should have let that first strike go, but instead he has his ego hurt and feels like striking back ... at a drunk little woman. And it's not even striking back, he's wailing at her. And this is, afterall, after HE first slapped her. Need to scale that back. That's no "heat of the moment" issue - it never should have gone down like that.
  8. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    135806
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    40.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    IMO NO, but let me state that i do NOT believe in striking a woman in the face and in the state I am a police officer in hitting a woman in the face with a closed fist would he frowned upon in court. I am 230 pound bodybuilder who is also trained to fight. I should be able to take most people into custody without incident, but that's just me not every cop can be a pimp like me however, Some states face strikes are taught in the police academy. But in my state we are trained to aim for large muscle groups area.

    Like most police brutality you tube videos it starts off in the middle of the fight. So NONE of us know what caused this "fight".

    Regardless if she swung first it is obvious she is a active resistor and the use of force the officers used is fine. I was trained that if a subject is willing to resist arrest the that subject is willing to KILL me. Fight or flight... I'm sure if the officer had a taser he probable would have used it.

    Bottom line none of us were there and we can Monday Quarterback the officers all day long but but yourself in there shoes.

    I just woke up from a 16 hour shift sorry for the brief reply. Bring on the Hatters! I am about to take a bunch of stims and hit the gym so when I get back I'll be wide awake and ready to deal with the flames I receive.

  9. New Member
    Hawk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    476
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    3.29%

    Like our esteemed friend above me already pointed out....

    Doesn't really matter who hit who first. If you don't comply, physical force will be used.

    Officer was originally holding on to the suspect that was seated....not sure why. He should of addressed the immediate threat (her) got inbetween the two (her and seated guy) and let his backup take care of the seated suspect.

    That's my civilian take on it anyway.
  10. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,986
    Rep Power
    986035
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    70.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Who's to say what all happened before the recording started...?

    There's always two sides to every story.

    EDIT:
    I'm not condoning nor condemning the actions shown on this video. I probably would have handled it differently, but, again, I don't know what happened leading up to this.

    In the words of Chris Rock, "I'll never hit a woman, but I'll shake the **** out of her."
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  11. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110765
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    IMO NO, but let me state that i do NOT believe in striking a woman in the face and in the state I am a police officer in hitting a woman in the face with a closed fist would he frowned upon in court. I am 230 pound bodybuilder who is also trained to fight. I should be able to take most people into custody without incident, but that's just me not every cop can be a pimp like me however, Some states face strikes are taught in the police academy. But in my state we are trained to aim for large muscle groups area.

    Like most police brutality you tube videos it starts off in the middle of the fight. So NONE of us know what caused this "fight".

    Regardless if she swung first it is obvious she is a active resistor and the use of force the officers used is fine. I was trained that if a subject is willing to resist arrest the that subject is willing to KILL me. Fight or flight... I'm sure if the officer had a taser he probable would have used it.

    Bottom line none of us were there and we can Monday Quarterback the officers all day long but but yourself in there shoes.

    I just woke up from a 16 hour shift sorry for the brief reply. Bring on the Hatters! I am about to take a bunch of stims and hit the gym so when I get back I'll be wide awake and ready to deal with the flames I receive.
    No hating here Bro, like you said we didn't get to see the whole story, we weren't there and if you are stupid enough to try and strike an officer whether he is wrong or not, you better be willing to pay the price.

    I will pull the politically correct card and also agree with the "I don't condone hitting women in the face closed fisted" but I would do it if I truly felt she could do me harm and threaten my well-being or the well-being of others if I didn't do it (Judgement call).
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  12. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    135806
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    40.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I can't post videos from my phone but if you wanna see a textbook case and much better video search - seattle cops punches teen. I would defend this cop to the grave.

  13. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141052
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    0.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    IMO NO, but let me state that i do NOT believe in striking a woman in the face and in the state I am a police officer in hitting a woman in the face with a closed fist would he frowned upon in court. I am 230 pound bodybuilder who is also trained to fight. I should be able to take most people into custody without incident, but that's just me not every cop can be a pimp like me however, Some states face strikes are taught in the police academy. But in my state we are trained to aim for large muscle groups area.

    Like most police brutality you tube videos it starts off in the middle of the fight. So NONE of us know what caused this "fight".

    Regardless if she swung first it is obvious she is a active resistor and the use of force the officers used is fine. I was trained that if a subject is willing to resist arrest the that subject is willing to KILL me. Fight or flight... I'm sure if the officer had a taser he probable would have used it.

    Bottom line none of us were there and we can Monday Quarterback the officers all day long but but yourself in there shoes.

    I just woke up from a 16 hour shift sorry for the brief reply. Bring on the Hatters! I am about to take a bunch of stims and hit the gym so when I get back I'll be wide awake and ready to deal with the flames I receive.
    Word!
  14. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110765
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I can't post videos from my phone but if you wanna see a textbook case and much better video search - seattle cops punches teen. I would defend this cop to the grave.
    Just like we discussed on the other thread, seriously, there is good and bad in this world, like you implied.. probably more bad than good! I am sure there are a ton of real police brutality cases filed and un-filed, video taped and not video taped. But, that goes the other way as well, there are just as many misconstrued cases out there that if caught from the wrong angle or wrong prospective, or even just by catching part of it, makes one party look guilty or innocent when the opposite holds true. It is an imperfect world out there, we as people are naturally imperfect, but what we can do is try to be the best we can be, for the sake of ourselves, the ones we love and others. We start by holding ourselves accountable for our own actions, because truly if everyone did that, we would be miles ahead of the curve!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  15. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110765
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    In the words of Chris Rock, "I'll never hit a woman, but I'll shake the **** out of her."
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  16. Senior Member
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    61393
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    IDK what everybody else is looking at, but from what i see is the cop smacked her first, but she shouldnt have had her hands on the officer to begin with. Still say it isnt police brutality.
  17. New Member
    Blacktail's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    373
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    89.7%

    I'd say no but if a cop punched me in the face I would probably end up dead from punching him back. Now here is a case of brutality. This guy was doing his job, had recently suffered head injury and was compliant.

    YouTube - Kelowna RCMP Police Brutality Investigation
  18. Professional Member
    RoadBlocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,212
    Rep Power
    96471
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    8.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    I'd say no but if a cop punched me in the face I would probably end up dead from punching him back. Now here is a case of brutality. This guy was doing his job, had recently suffered head injury and was compliant.

    YouTube - Kelowna RCMP Police Brutality Investigation

    Maybe yes, maybe no, listen to the video at 2:50, the cops are talkin about the radio call/report that came in about a disgruntled employee, with a gun, shots fired. Im not sayin thats the way it happened, or that he actually did anything wrong, but maybe the guys lucky he only got kicked.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

  19. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484103
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    90.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Can't we all just get al....

    I can't even finish that without laughing right now.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  20. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,461
    Rep Power
    774671
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    26.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Do what you're told, Citizen, and maybe I won't hurt you. That's a good boy.
  21. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484103
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    90.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Do what you're told, Citizen, and maybe I won't hurt you. That's a good boy.
    ...Oh, and it's not people...

    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  22. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    135806
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    40.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Do what you're told, Citizen, and maybe I won't hurt you. That's a good boy.
    Translation

    Sir stop resisting! Or in some cases ma'm.

  23. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,461
    Rep Power
    774671
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    26.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Translation

    Sir stop resisting! Or in some cases ma'm.
    Yep...stop resisting my will, whatever that is, because I have the gun and a whole block of buddies that will lie for me to make sure the worst that happens to me is "desk duty" with pay.

    Point - from what I read, the cops were OFF duty, which means they should have as much authority as Mall Security (and should not have been in uniform). Second, from what I saw the woman was grabbing as his collar to get his attention to talk more (you know, what cops are SUPPOSED to be trained to do before compliance tools like tazers came around to insure escalation), and he initially hit her.

    Yeah, **** him with his own stick, honestly.
  24. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    135806
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    40.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Yep...stop resisting my will, whatever that is, because I have the gun and a whole block of buddies that will lie for me to make sure the worst that happens to me is "desk duty" with pay.

    Point - from what I read, the cops were OFF duty, which means they should have as much authority as Mall Security (and should not have been in uniform). Second, from what I saw the woman was grabbing as his collar to get his attention to talk more (you know, what cops are SUPPOSED to be trained to do before compliance tools like tazers came around to insure escalation), and he initially hit her.

    Yeah, **** him with his own stick, honestly.
    I didn't read anything all I seen was a VERY low quality video and a lady smack a cop. Chances are what you read is complete BULLSHIIT if it was in any type of new paper.

    Also when I am off duty I have a LEGAL obligation to get involved. Yes as a police officer I am held to a higher stander then you. Not all cops uphold the the badge with pride.

    I'm glad you're not a cop

  25. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,461
    Rep Power
    774671
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    26.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I didn't read anything all I seen was a VERY low quality video and a lady smack a cop. Chances are what you read is complete BULLSHIIT if it was in any type of new paper.

    Also when I am off duty I have a LEGAL obligation to get involved. Yes as a police officer I am held to a higher stander then you. Not all cops uphold the the badge with pride.

    I'm glad you're not a cop
    Not to attack you personally, but held to a higher standard doesn't mean they get to skate for something that would net anyone else in the country a several year sentence (assault, lying in court, filing false reports, etc).

    Again, just going by what I read, that the cops were working after hours security in Uniform (which I have personally witnessed countless times).

    We have a duty as American citizens to make sure nobody is violating someone else's rights - including police officers in the name of "compliance".
  26. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,461
    Rep Power
    774671
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    26.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...t_investi.html

    Yeah, I know NYdailynews has a tainted reputation, but this jibes with other sources I've read.

    Guess we just have to wait and see what happens.
  27. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    135806
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    40.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Not to attack you personally, but held to a higher standard doesn't mean they get to skate for something that would net anyone else in the country a several year sentence (assault, lying in court, filing false reports, etc).

    Again, just going by what I read, that the cops were working after hours security in Uniform (which I have personally witnessed countless times).

    We have a duty as American citizens to make sure nobody is violating someone else's rights - including police officers in the name of "compliance".
    Once again, I did not read what you read so I'm am unaware of the whole off duty thing. So will you either post (edit- i see yiu posted the article but do you honestly think I'm going to believe a damn this the media says) what you've read or please stop using it to defend your feelings on this matter.

    I don't think you understand what I meant when I said police officers are held to a higher standard. I did not say we are on a higher level. I will be the first to say when I cop is out of line - check my first post in this thread. I made it very clear I do not agree with their actions.

    You think all criminals go to jail for what the officers did in this video? You have a very poor understanding on the justice system in America. I have had someone spit in my face and they walked with no time. I'd rather be punched 20 times then have a crack head spit in my face.

    A battery is any unwanted physical contact. As pimp-e as it sounds she committed a battery by touching the officer.

    Last but not least I have said it a dozen times on this board. I am a American first and a cop second.

  28. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    135806
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    40.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    This happened in new York? I'm
    Not surprised at all.

  29. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,461
    Rep Power
    774671
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    26.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Once again, I did not read what you read so I'm am unaware of the whole off duty thing. So will you either post (edit- i see yiu posted the article but do you honestly think I'm going to believe a damn this the media says) what you've read or please stop using it to defend your feelings on this matter.

    I don't think you understand what I meant when I said police officers are held to a higher standard. I did not say we are on a higher level. I will be the first to say when I cop is out of line - check my first post in this thread. I made it very clear I do not agree with their actions.

    You think all criminals go to jail for what the officers did in this video? You have a very poor understanding on the justice system in America. I have had someone spit in my face and they walked with no time. I'd rather be punched 20 times then have a crack head spit in my face.

    A battery is any unwanted physical contact. As pimp-e as it sounds she committed a battery by touching the officer.

    Last but not least I have said it a dozen times on this board. I am a American first and a cop second.
    we're having a discussion, not a personal brawl. Try to relax.

    Regarding one of your points, the officer initiated contact with the other female. If it turns out he was out of line, will he be charged with battery?

    Typing on phone, which is a pain, I'll look more when I get home.
  30. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    135806
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    40.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    we're having a discussion, not a personal brawl. Try to relax.

    Regarding one of your points, the officer initiated contact with the other female. If it turns out he was out of line, will he be charged with battery?

    Typing on phone, which is a pain, I'll look more when I get home.
    Haha sorry for getting a little worked up but I wish I never got involved in this thread. I'm also on my iPhone

    People are to fast to judge cops that's all. None of us were there and the video probable started halfway thru. I will be the first to admit when a cop is outa line.

  31. Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,227
    Rep Power
    8350
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    we're having a discussion, not a personal brawl. Try to relax.

    Regarding one of your points, the officer initiated contact with the other female. If it turns out he was out of line, will he be charged with battery?

    Typing on phone, which is a pain, I'll look more when I get home.
    Good point, since (if) he touched her first, wouldnt he be charged with battery? The door swings both ways, or at least it should.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  32. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    135806
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    40.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1 View Post
    Good point, since (if) he touched her first, wouldnt he be charged with battery? The door swings both ways, or at least it should.
    Chances are no he would not. If he is in the wrong then he could be charged with official misconduct (or whatever they call it in NY).

    Edit, the door does swing both ways but when a cops in the wrong the charges are much more serious then a normal citizen.

  33. Elite Member
    T-AD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,051
    Rep Power
    484103
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    90.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    To all non-cops... have you ever partied with cops? Wow... Buddy of mine is a local K9 & SERT officer. Went to school with him and everything back in the day. Last year, he asked me to go out riding with a few of his buddies. We went about 30 miles and stopped for dinner at a Mexican place. I was drinking water, but the Coronos were FLYING. Left there, rode another 30-40 miles, ended up at a bar. All along the way, I was just about struggling to keep up. Peg scraping, near burn-outs at every light, no turn signals, no helmets for that matter... it was pretty nuts. Had a good time, but learned a valuable lesson that day. That lesson is... I'm gettin' old.
    -RecoverBro Zombie Specialist and Paracord Wrangler
    -Independent due to lies that hurt my family. Loyal to myself and my Bro's.
  34. Senior Member
    phatmike0704's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,508
    Rep Power
    4621
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    53.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    thats not brutality at all. if ur resisting or not complying with what the officer says, he has every right to use excessive force. like is it that hard to do what he says?!?!
    if blow was characterized as a guy, consider me a homosexual :)
  35. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,461
    Rep Power
    774671
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    26.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by phatmike0704 View Post
    thats not brutality at all. if ur resisting or not complying with what the officer says, he has every right to use excessive force. like is it that hard to do what he says?!?!
    So the law says you have to do everything some random cop tells you to do?

    :::unzzziiipppp::: - You know what to do with this.

    Also, I don't think you know what "excessive" means.
  36. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,461
    Rep Power
    774671
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    26.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Chances are no he would not. If he is in the wrong then he could be charged with official misconduct (or whatever they call it in NY).

    Edit, the door does swing both ways but when a cops in the wrong the charges are much more serious then a normal citizen.
    I'll have to respectfully disagree with that last part. Most end up with desk duty, with pay, for a few weeks. I don't consider that more serious than jailtime.

    Oh and "the official inquiry showed the officer did nothing wrong" is far too common. WE need a civilian oversight organization.
  37. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,721
    Rep Power
    135806
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    40.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    So the law says you have to do everything some random cop tells you to do?

    :::unzzziiipppp::: - You know what to do with this.

    Also, I don't think you know what "excessive" means.
    Please give me an example of when you would not comply with a lawful order given my a uniformed on duty police officer?

    As a American citizens we grant police officers a certain amount of authority.

    Am I missing something dsade? Lol

  38. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,461
    Rep Power
    774671
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    26.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Please give me an example of when you would not comply with a lawful order given my a uniformed on duty police officer?

    As a American citizens we grant police officers a certain amount of authority.

    Am I missing something dsade? Lol
    Cops don't only issue lawful orders...such as "stop videotaping me while I beat this perp".

    There is a story where a woman was witnessing the beating of a suspect in the street. She was on her own porch (private property) and was ordered back in the house, then arrested when she refused to comply.

    I really don't have "cop hate", but I have been on the receiving end of some pretty rampant abuse of power trips. I just think we need stronger measures to weed out the bad cops (and in that category I lump supposed "good cops" that have knowledge of bad cops, but refuse to step forward)
  39. Senior Member
    phatmike0704's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,508
    Rep Power
    4621
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    53.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    gettin intense in here. she interfered with what the cop was doing, although he swung first she still swung back so he can do whatever it takes to get her down. dont interfere with police business like that and u wont get ur ass beat
    if blow was characterized as a guy, consider me a homosexual :)
  40. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,461
    Rep Power
    774671
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    26.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by phatmike0704 View Post
    gettin intense in here. she interfered with what the cop was doing, although he swung first she still swung back so he can do whatever it takes to get her down. dont interfere with police business like that and u wont get ur ass beat
    You'd be a fine citizen in a dictatorship. Also, I bolded the important part of your statement.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Resolve's NATADROL DISASTER: 8wks of Brutality
    By Resolve in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 07:02 PM
  2. Steroids and police!
    By Johnboy1981 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 07:26 AM
  3. police brutality?
    By spatch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-18-2006, 04:53 PM
  4. police brutality in LA
    By jdeity in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 12:25 PM
  5. Taken down by the Las Vegas police
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 03:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in