Is this police brutality?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In before Stakedcop.

:head:

IMO... no. Looks like she swung first. Just like any gentleman's duel, either make the first one count or it's on like donkey kong till the break o' dawn with Rae Dawn Chong.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
i didnt really see her swing first....looks like it to me...but idk...definitely not a good look, especially with all those people watching..

airram479

Awards
  • Established
At first i was like "damn", but after 3 views the girl is obviously wasted--you would have to be to take a swing at cop.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I say NO to Police Brutality, she did swing first, I saw it! Also, after he smacked her away so he could do his job, then she went Nut-So on him! I do wanna hear what STAKDCOP has to say about it though???

n87

Awards
  • Established
...lol, two fat ass cops could not submit a girl without punching her in the face.
BTW, it looked like the cop threw the first punch.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The following is based on the video: I say yeah (even though I'm usually for it :p). Cops need to decide if they're there to uphold the law or if they're back in high school trying to be the coolest. The man should have let that first strike go, but instead he has his ego hurt and feels like striking back ... at a drunk little woman. And it's not even striking back, he's wailing at her. And this is, afterall, after HE first slapped her. Need to scale that back. That's no "heat of the moment" issue - it never should have gone down like that.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO NO, but let me state that i do NOT believe in striking a woman in the face and in the state I am a police officer in hitting a woman in the face with a closed fist would he frowned upon in court. I am 230 pound bodybuilder who is also trained to fight. I should be able to take most people into custody without incident, but that's just me not every cop can be a pimp like me :p however, Some states face strikes are taught in the police academy. But in my state we are trained to aim for large muscle groups area.

Like most police brutality you tube videos it starts off in the middle of the fight. So NONE of us know what caused this "fight".

Regardless if she swung first it is obvious she is a active resistor and the use of force the officers used is fine. I was trained that if a subject is willing to resist arrest the that subject is willing to KILL me. Fight or flight... I'm sure if the officer had a taser he probable would have used it.

Bottom line none of us were there and we can Monday Quarterback the officers all day long but but yourself in there shoes.

I just woke up from a 16 hour shift sorry for the brief reply. Bring on the Hatters! I am about to take a bunch of stims and hit the gym so when I get back I'll be wide awake and ready to deal with the flames I receive. :)

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Like our esteemed friend above me already pointed out....

Doesn't really matter who hit who first. If you don't comply, physical force will be used.

Officer was originally holding on to the suspect that was seated....not sure why. He should of addressed the immediate threat (her) got inbetween the two (her and seated guy) and let his backup take care of the seated suspect.

That's my civilian take on it anyway.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who's to say what all happened before the recording started...?

There's always two sides to every story.

EDIT:
I'm not condoning nor condemning the actions shown on this video. I probably would have handled it differently, but, again, I don't know what happened leading up to this.

In the words of Chris Rock, "I'll never hit a woman, but I'll shake the **** out of her."

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO NO, but let me state that i do NOT believe in striking a woman in the face and in the state I am a police officer in hitting a woman in the face with a closed fist would he frowned upon in court. I am 230 pound bodybuilder who is also trained to fight. I should be able to take most people into custody without incident, but that's just me not every cop can be a pimp like me :p however, Some states face strikes are taught in the police academy. But in my state we are trained to aim for large muscle groups area.

Like most police brutality you tube videos it starts off in the middle of the fight. So NONE of us know what caused this "fight".

Regardless if she swung first it is obvious she is a active resistor and the use of force the officers used is fine. I was trained that if a subject is willing to resist arrest the that subject is willing to KILL me. Fight or flight... I'm sure if the officer had a taser he probable would have used it.

Bottom line none of us were there and we can Monday Quarterback the officers all day long but but yourself in there shoes.

I just woke up from a 16 hour shift sorry for the brief reply. Bring on the Hatters! I am about to take a bunch of stims and hit the gym so when I get back I'll be wide awake and ready to deal with the flames I receive. :)
No hating here Bro, like you said we didn't get to see the whole story, we weren't there and if you are stupid enough to try and strike an officer whether he is wrong or not, you better be willing to pay the price.

I will pull the politically correct card and also agree with the "I don't condone hitting women in the face closed fisted" but I would do it if I truly felt she could do me harm and threaten my well-being or the well-being of others if I didn't do it (Judgement call).

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't post videos from my phone but if you wanna see a textbook case and much better video search - seattle cops punches teen. I would defend this cop to the grave.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Word!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't post videos from my phone but if you wanna see a textbook case and much better video search - seattle cops punches teen. I would defend this cop to the grave.
Just like we discussed on the other thread, seriously, there is good and bad in this world, like you implied.. probably more bad than good! I am sure there are a ton of real police brutality cases filed and un-filed, video taped and not video taped. But, that goes the other way as well, there are just as many misconstrued cases out there that if caught from the wrong angle or wrong prospective, or even just by catching part of it, makes one party look guilty or innocent when the opposite holds true. It is an imperfect world out there, we as people are naturally imperfect, but what we can do is try to be the best we can be, for the sake of ourselves, the ones we love and others. We start by holding ourselves accountable for our own actions, because truly if everyone did that, we would be miles ahead of the curve! :soapbox:

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
IDK what everybody else is looking at, but from what i see is the cop smacked her first, but she shouldnt have had her hands on the officer to begin with. Still say it isnt police brutality.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I'd say no but if a cop punched me in the face I would probably end up dead from punching him back. Now here is a case of brutality. This guy was doing his job, had recently suffered head injury and was compliant.

YouTube - Kelowna RCMP Police Brutality Investigation

Maybe yes, maybe no, listen to the video at 2:50, the cops are talkin about the radio call/report that came in about a disgruntled employee, with a gun, shots fired. Im not sayin thats the way it happened, or that he actually did anything wrong, but maybe the guys lucky he only got kicked.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't we all just get al....

I can't even finish that without laughing right now. :nutkick:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do what you're told, Citizen, and maybe I won't hurt you. That's a good boy.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Translation

Sir stop resisting! Or in some cases ma'm.
Yep...stop resisting my will, whatever that is, because I have the gun and a whole block of buddies that will lie for me to make sure the worst that happens to me is "desk duty" with pay.

Point - from what I read, the cops were OFF duty, which means they should have as much authority as Mall Security (and should not have been in uniform). Second, from what I saw the woman was grabbing as his collar to get his attention to talk more (you know, what cops are SUPPOSED to be trained to do before compliance tools like tazers came around to insure escalation), and he initially hit her.

Yeah, **** him with his own stick, honestly.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep...stop resisting my will, whatever that is, because I have the gun and a whole block of buddies that will lie for me to make sure the worst that happens to me is "desk duty" with pay.

Point - from what I read, the cops were OFF duty, which means they should have as much authority as Mall Security (and should not have been in uniform). Second, from what I saw the woman was grabbing as his collar to get his attention to talk more (you know, what cops are SUPPOSED to be trained to do before compliance tools like tazers came around to insure escalation), and he initially hit her.

Yeah, **** him with his own stick, honestly.
I didn't read anything all I seen was a VERY low quality video and a lady smack a cop. Chances are what you read is complete BULLSHIIT if it was in any type of new paper.

Also when I am off duty I have a LEGAL obligation to get involved. Yes as a police officer I am held to a higher stander then you. Not all cops uphold the the badge with pride.

I'm glad you're not a cop

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't read anything all I seen was a VERY low quality video and a lady smack a cop. Chances are what you read is complete BULLSHIIT if it was in any type of new paper.

Also when I am off duty I have a LEGAL obligation to get involved. Yes as a police officer I am held to a higher stander then you. Not all cops uphold the the badge with pride.

I'm glad you're not a cop
Not to attack you personally, but held to a higher standard doesn't mean they get to skate for something that would net anyone else in the country a several year sentence (assault, lying in court, filing false reports, etc).

Again, just going by what I read, that the cops were working after hours security in Uniform (which I have personally witnessed countless times).

We have a duty as American citizens to make sure nobody is violating someone else's rights - including police officers in the name of "compliance".

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to attack you personally, but held to a higher standard doesn't mean they get to skate for something that would net anyone else in the country a several year sentence (assault, lying in court, filing false reports, etc).

Again, just going by what I read, that the cops were working after hours security in Uniform (which I have personally witnessed countless times).

We have a duty as American citizens to make sure nobody is violating someone else's rights - including police officers in the name of "compliance".
Once again, I did not read what you read so I'm am unaware of the whole off duty thing. So will you either post (edit- i see yiu posted the article but do you honestly think I'm going to believe a damn this the media says) what you've read or please stop using it to defend your feelings on this matter.

I don't think you understand what I meant when I said police officers are held to a higher standard. I did not say we are on a higher level. I will be the first to say when I cop is out of line - check my first post in this thread. I made it very clear I do not agree with their actions.

You think all criminals go to jail for what the officers did in this video? You have a very poor understanding on the justice system in America. I have had someone spit in my face and they walked with no time. I'd rather be punched 20 times then have a crack head spit in my face.

A battery is any unwanted physical contact. As pimp-e as it sounds she committed a battery by touching the officer.

Last but not least I have said it a dozen times on this board. I am a American first and a cop second.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This happened in new York? I'm
Not surprised at all.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Once again, I did not read what you read so I'm am unaware of the whole off duty thing. So will you either post (edit- i see yiu posted the article but do you honestly think I'm going to believe a damn this the media says) what you've read or please stop using it to defend your feelings on this matter.

I don't think you understand what I meant when I said police officers are held to a higher standard. I did not say we are on a higher level. I will be the first to say when I cop is out of line - check my first post in this thread. I made it very clear I do not agree with their actions.

You think all criminals go to jail for what the officers did in this video? You have a very poor understanding on the justice system in America. I have had someone spit in my face and they walked with no time. I'd rather be punched 20 times then have a crack head spit in my face.

A battery is any unwanted physical contact. As pimp-e as it sounds she committed a battery by touching the officer.

Last but not least I have said it a dozen times on this board. I am a American first and a cop second.
we're having a discussion, not a personal brawl. Try to relax.

Regarding one of your points, the officer initiated contact with the other female. If it turns out he was out of line, will he be charged with battery?

Typing on phone, which is a pain, I'll look more when I get home.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Regarding one of your points, the officer initiated contact with the other female. If it turns out he was out of line, will he be charged with battery?

Haha sorry for getting a little worked up but I wish I never got involved in this thread. I'm also on my iPhone :p

People are to fast to judge cops that's all. None of us were there and the video probable started halfway thru. I will be the first to admit when a cop is outa line.

tattoopierced1

Good point, since (if) he touched her first, wouldnt he be charged with battery? The door swings both ways, or at least it should.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good point, since (if) he touched her first, wouldnt he be charged with battery? The door swings both ways, or at least it should.
Chances are no he would not. If he is in the wrong then he could be charged with official misconduct (or whatever they call it in NY).

Edit, the door does swing both ways but when a cops in the wrong the charges are much more serious then a normal citizen.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To all non-cops... have you ever partied with cops? Wow... Buddy of mine is a local K9 & SERT officer. Went to school with him and everything back in the day. Last year, he asked me to go out riding with a few of his buddies. We went about 30 miles and stopped for dinner at a Mexican place. I was drinking water, but the Coronos were FLYING. Left there, rode another 30-40 miles, ended up at a bar. All along the way, I was just about struggling to keep up. Peg scraping, near burn-outs at every light, no turn signals, no helmets for that matter... it was pretty nuts. Had a good time, but learned a valuable lesson that day. That lesson is... I'm gettin' old. :D

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
thats not brutality at all. if ur resisting or not complying with what the officer says, he has every right to use excessive force. like is it that hard to do what he says?!?!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thats not brutality at all. if ur resisting or not complying with what the officer says, he has every right to use excessive force. like is it that hard to do what he says?!?!
So the law says you have to do everything some random cop tells you to do?

:::unzzziiipppp::: - You know what to do with this.

Also, I don't think you know what "excessive" means.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chances are no he would not. If he is in the wrong then he could be charged with official misconduct (or whatever they call it in NY).

Edit, the door does swing both ways but when a cops in the wrong the charges are much more serious then a normal citizen.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with that last part. Most end up with desk duty, with pay, for a few weeks. I don't consider that more serious than jailtime.

Oh and "the official inquiry showed the officer did nothing wrong" is far too common. WE need a civilian oversight organization.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So the law says you have to do everything some random cop tells you to do?

:::unzzziiipppp::: - You know what to do with this.

Also, I don't think you know what "excessive" means.
Please give me an example of when you would not comply with a lawful order given my a uniformed on duty police officer?

As a American citizens we grant police officers a certain amount of authority.

Am I missing something dsade? Lol

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please give me an example of when you would not comply with a lawful order given my a uniformed on duty police officer?

As a American citizens we grant police officers a certain amount of authority.

Am I missing something dsade? Lol
Cops don't only issue lawful orders...such as "stop videotaping me while I beat this perp". :)

There is a story where a woman was witnessing the beating of a suspect in the street. She was on her own porch (private property) and was ordered back in the house, then arrested when she refused to comply.

I really don't have "cop hate", but I have been on the receiving end of some pretty rampant abuse of power trips. I just think we need stronger measures to weed out the bad cops (and in that category I lump supposed "good cops" that have knowledge of bad cops, but refuse to step forward)

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
gettin intense in here. she interfered with what the cop was doing, although he swung first she still swung back so he can do whatever it takes to get her down. dont interfere with police business like that and u wont get ur ass beat

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
gettin intense in here. she interfered with what the cop was doing, although he swung first she still swung back so he can do whatever it takes to get her down. dont interfere with police business like that and u wont get ur ass beat
You'd be a fine citizen in a dictatorship. Also, I bolded the important part of your statement.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cops don't only issue lawful orders...such as "stop videotaping me while I beat this perp". :)

There is a story where a woman was witnessing the beating of a suspect in the street. She was on her own porch (private property) and was ordered back in the house, then arrested when she refused to comply.

I really don't have "cop hate", but I have been on the receiving end of some pretty rampant abuse of power trips. I just think we need stronger measures to weed out the bad cops (and in that category I lump supposed "good cops" that have knowledge of bad cops, but refuse to step forward)
I agree there're cops on power trips and who abuse their power. This world we live in is not perfect and never will be. Unfortunately, the public only hears the bad. The papers don't sell when the cops save the day, but if a cop punches a combative subject in the face... Now that's news!!

There's good the bad and the ugly

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
You'd be a fine citizen in a dictatorship. Also, I bolded the important part of your statement.
lmaooo it is annoyin when cops do go a little crazy on the perp but still, the girl shouldnt hav touched the cop. shoulda just minded her own business. anyone see the other fight in new york i think? 2 black girls beat the **** outa a transgendered guy at mcdonalds that went into the females restroom and they got offended, they got him pretty bad. a little off topic but another nice recent vid

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:( so if you get stopped the the police for speeding what would you do? I would be honored to have to come
On a ride along with me so I could show you some good we as police can do.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lmaooo it is annoyin when cops do go a little crazy on the perp but still, the girl shouldnt hav touched the cop. shoulda just minded her own business. anyone see the other fight in new york i think? 2 black girls beat the **** outa a transgendered guy at mcdonalds that went into the females restroom and they got offended, they got him pretty bad. a little off topic but another nice recent vid
Transgendered implies surgical alteration, which means it was not a "him" or a guy, but legally a women. Those people, and the employees, should be prosecuted.

REgarding this story, there is no evidence that the original woman did anything, so your use of the word "perp" is already slanted.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:( so if you get stopped the the police for speeding what would you do? I would be honored to have to come
On a ride along with me so I could show you some good we as police can do.
Again, not anti-cop...I've known very good cops.

Funny with your example - look at T-AD's example above. ;)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Again, not anti-cop...I've known very good cops.

Funny with your example - look at T-AD's example above. ;)
His example with his drunken cop buddy? I mean on duty :)

You don't consider yourself a Sovereign citizen do you?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree 100% with Dwade. That's not an indictment on law enforcement, nor is it meant to be a blanket criticism of police officers. I have many good friends who happen to work in law enforcement. I've seen many instances where police officers used their place of power to escalate risky situations, rather than to deter them or temper them. Having said that, I also see Stake's point of view, if someone even attempted to spit in my face, it's on like donkey kong III. I'm surprised Stake held himself together if that was indeed the case. Life isn't black and white, and like any other profession, some seek to become police officers solely to enforce their own "social" policy/views, and they take their beliefs with them to work. Many of my police officer friends drop the "N" word like it's nothing, and they've been this way since we were kids. They've taken their conservative upbringing and approach to life, and injected them into a complicated and risky environment. I tell them all the time that they chose the wrong profession, because they don't live up to the highest standards of conduct. Strictly my opinion.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I became a cop to help people. Sounds cheeses but it's true. Also people do NOT know how to drive and I love to write tickets lol :D

airram479

Awards
  • Established
You see the cop hitting her, but who knows what led up to that point. I myself have mixed feelings on Law-enforcement, but i also know that to hit a cop is just asking for it.

Either way with the amount of buzz this has created on the web i think she is going to get a settlement somewhere down the line.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm also the typical case of the bad kid that became a cop lol no big ego here. I'm one of the nicest guys around ask anyone I've arrested ;) they would save I'm a nice guy that was just doing his job

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutz Anabolics 7
Anabolics 49
ral General Chat 4
spatch General Chat 6
General Chat 9