POLICE STATE 2011: 6 year old girl groped then drug tested by TSA

Page 3 of 18 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Did you not read what I just posted?

I just stated profiling does not work in the native way of thinking. No use in profiling.
    YES. I READ WHAT YOU POSTED. I am NOT arguing the point of whether or not profiling works.

I am saying that both TSA and Homeland Security have been accused of or come under scrutiny for the appearance of profiling. Now, read carefully......

They may or may not be profiling. It may or may not work. I don't give a sh1t. The point is that they both have in fact been accused of it and have adopted tactics or techniques to avoid being accused of it again.
    Training around a jacked up neck.

2. There's nothing wrong with profiling... The Protected class are a bunch of cry babies

•   

3. Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    YES. I READ WHAT YOU POSTED. I am NOT arguing the point of whether or not profiling works.

I am saying that both TSA and Homeland Security have been accused of or come under scrutiny for the appearance of profiling. Now, read carefully......

They may or may not be profiling. It may or may not work. I don't give a sh1t. The point is that they both have in fact been accused of it and have adopted tactics or techniques to avoid being accused of it again.
    Okay, I am done. Your response makes no point at all to the article I posted from bruce schniere and you responded in less than a minute of me posting it so there is no way you could have read it.

So feel free to carry on defending the unnecessary TSA as I believe our debate has officially ended.
    The Historic PES Legend

4. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    There's nothing wrong with profiling... The Protected class are a bunch of cry babies
    Even though it is known to be useless, I could care less about profiling... just keep your 60 year old paws off my baby maker!
    The Historic PES Legend

5. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Even though it is known to be useless, I could care less about profiling... just keep your 60 year old paws off my baby maker!
    I'm 99 and if I wanna give you a reach around you're gonna like it or get tazed

Sorry it seems my sense of humor is out of control again

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    I'm 99 and if I wanna give you a reach around you're gonna like it or get tazed

Sorry it seems my sense of humor is out of control again
    Sorry? I'm not!
    The Historic PES Legend

7. Hahaha.. the top advertisement says it all... in my browser it is advertising SEIU!!!

You cant make that **** up.
    The Historic PES Legend

8. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Sorry? I'm not!
    Oops!!! there I go with the political correctness again...

9. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Hahaha.. the top advertisement says it all... in my browser it is advertising SEIU!!!

You cant make that **** up.
    Haha priceless!!! Yes the SEIU, vote often and vote black

10. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Okay, I am done. Your response makes no point at all to the article I posted from bruce schniere and you responded in less than a minute of me posting it so there is no way you could have read it.

So feel free to carry on defending the unnecessary TSA as I believe our debate has officially ended.
    I think you are confused. I'm not defending the TSA and no, I have not had time to read any articles or books by anyone. I am making a statement based on my own personal knowledge from my law enf career.

Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    Also, TSA and Homeland Security are both scrutinized for profiling. So, for every search of a person fitting "the profile" of a terrorist, they have to search kids, little old ladies, and even men and women in uniform.

All I said was those 2 entities have been forced to change tactics because they were accused of profiling. I don't see how you can conclude that I am defending TSA based on that statement. I have also not said ANYTHING about the effectiveness of profiling or the lack thereof. You either misread or I mistyped something above.

Again, I am not saying profiling works. I am not defending the TSA. They suck at times. I got on a plane last year with another persons boarding pass so yeah, they have holes in their plan.

11. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    On another note...Israel doesnt subject their passengers to offensive pat downs and naked body checks and they get terrorism all the time. Havent seen any issues on their airplanes either..
    And, just so we all are aware, what the Israeli's do is the epitome of profiling. And they are REALLY good at it.

12. Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    And, just so we all are aware, what the Israeli's do is the epitome of profiling. And they are REALLY good at it.
    Ill have to look into that more....but I know they use a system of interviewing. A form of psychology and mind/body reading.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!

13. Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    Depends on how you define profiling. The way it is tossed around today is via race, sex, religion...etc. Which is what you are alluding to in your previous post.

Israel does none of these things. In that article it talks about behavioral awareness training, which is what Israel performs along with a defense in depth tactics. All of which we in the USA do not do. We have one line defense, nothing in depth, and we do not look anyone in the eyes. The only thing in the US we must beat, is a computer, something easily done.
    The Historic PES Legend

14. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Depends on how you define profiling. The way it is tossed around today is via race, sex, religion...etc. Which is what you are alluding to in your previous post.

Israel does none of these things. In that article it talks about behavioral awareness training, which is what Israel performs along with a defense in depth tactics. All of which we in the USA do not do. We have one line defense, nothing in depth, and we do not look anyone in the eyes. The only thing in the US we must beat, is a computer, something easily done.
    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Ill have to look into that more....but I know they use a system of interviewing. A form of psychology and mind/body reading.
    Google hit this instantly: PROFILING

Israel’s approach allows most travelers to pass through airport security with relative ease. But Israeli personnel do single out small numbers of passengers for extensive searches and screening, based on profiling methods that have so far been rejected in the United States, subjecting Arabs and, in some cases, other foreign nationals to an extensive screening that comes with a steep civil liberties price.
    “The profiling system is good,” Merari said. “But it has to be done with more sensitivity.”
    “They began with my hair, even though it is only two centimeters long. They began feeling through it, then examining behind my ears, the neck, the shoulders. They began feeling me under my bra, and then continued on to my tummy. I felt as though I was under a sexual assault,” Hunaida Ghanem, an Israeli Arab resident of Jerusalem who has a PhD from Hebrew University in sociology and a postdoctoral degree from Harvard, said as she recalled an incident at the airport in June 2009.

“I have been through searches in the U.S. But what they did here was very different. It was very humiliating,” she added.

Since then, Ghanem has declined six invitations to attend conferences abroad, saying she finds it emotionally difficult to go to the airport.

15. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    They never even talk to people. I listened to the director of security in Israel doing an interview and they look for human factors, high emotions, quirky behavior, they look into peoples eyes as they walk by. There is no emphasis on the common "Profiling" factors of sex, race, religion...
    The Historic PES Legend

16. Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    Google hit this instantly: PROFILING
    Seriously man... you read that article to refute someone, but you refuse to read one from one of the most respected security professionals in the world.

Good grief.
    The Historic PES Legend

17. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Seriously man... you read that article to refute someone, but you refuse to read one from one of the most respected security professionals in the world.

Good grief.
    Gimme a link, I'll read it.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    They never even talk to people. I listened to the director of security in Israel doing an interview and they look for human factors, high emotions, quirky behavior, they look into peoples eyes as they walk by. There is no emphasis on the common "Profiling" factors of sex, race, religion...
    You can't seriously believe that this security director is going to actually reveal their techniques on public TV can you? Good grief.

It's profiling in the most classic sense. First you say profiling does not work. Now you are saying that it depends on how you define profiling.

18. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

Good grief.
    And I question anything coming from "Ya Libnan"

I think he gave you a link already....it took a while to read but somehow you responded in 60 seconds.

You can't seriously believe that this security director is going to actually reveal their techniques on public TV can you? Good grief.
    Thats actually a potentially a very valid statement.

19. Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post

It's profiling in the most classic sense. First you say profiling does not work. Now you are saying that it depends on how you define profiling.
    I do apologize that I assumed you like everyone one else in this country terms profiling as the media is when they try to vilify it. Let me rephrase since you seem to understand what I am attempting to allude to over text. Profiling in the media terms does not work, such as appearance, race, religion, sex, creed, whatever. Performing "behavioral assessment" profiling does.

Take that as me making an assumption I shouldn't have.
    The Historic PES Legend

20. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Thats actually a potentially a very valid statement.
    The inner 3 depths he did not discuss, as I wouldn't expect them to. But the first line depths he said he would talk about openly, for the sheer fact... you cannot change hinky behavior, you cannot unstress yourself... just like a lie detector, you know how one can beat it, but it just isn't possible. Behavior assessment is a trained skill, not exactly something you can just circumvent.
    The Historic PES Legend

21. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I do apologize that I assumed you like everyone one else in this country terms profiling as the media is when they try to vilify it. Let me rephrase since you seem to understand what I am attempting to allude to over text. Profiling in the media terms does not work, such as appearance, race, religion, sex, creed, whatever. Performing "behavioral assessment" profiling does.

Take that as me making an assumption I shouldn't have.
    I'm passionate about certain subjects. I have been accused of racial profiling in the past. I have had a good bit of training in this general area although very little on terrorism specifically.

It boils down to this. As Americans with close to 500 international airports we have 2 choices. 1 is the current system. The other is to migrate to the Israeli way of doing things but, American's won't accept any form of profiling either.

So, do you want to be scanned by machines and groped under the current system? Or would you prefer to take your chances on being profiled and randomly pulled out of the crowd and interrogated for 3 hours, have your belongings taken, and then physically groped and scanned?

The man power to have skilled profilers at that many airports is staggering. Not just anyone can do that well. It's a lot like drug interdiction and narcotics work.

22. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    The inner 3 depths he did not discuss, as I wouldn't expect them to. But the first line depths he said he would talk about openly, for the sheer fact... you cannot change hinky behavior, you cannot unstress yourself... just like a lie detector, you know how one can beat it, but it just isn't possible. Behavior assessment is a trained skill, not exactly something you can just circumvent.
    And its something I wouldnt be offended if it was going on in the airport. Life can go back to normal. Its effective...proven track record. Is it a guarantee? no...nothing is but to me this is the solution Id like to see in the airports in america, not groping, naked body scanners, public humiliation, etc....

23. Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    I'm passionate about certain subjects. I have been accused of racial profiling in the past. I have had a good bit of training in this general area although very little on terrorism specifically.

It boils down to this. As Americans with close to 500 international airports we have 2 choices. 1 is the current system. The other is to migrate to the Israeli way of doing things but, American's won't accept any form of profiling either.

So, do you want to be scanned by machines and groped under the current system? Or would you prefer to take your chances on being profiled and randomly pulled out of the crowd and interrogated for 3 hours, have your belongings taken, and then physically groped and scanned?

The man power to have skilled profilers at that many airports is staggering. Not just anyone can do that well. It's a lot like drug interdiction and narcotics work.
    Those are the only two options YOU are suggesting, there are plenty more out there than these two.

Second, your little outcome of being profiled then interrogated for 3 hours, belonging taken, groped, scanned... please tell me you are not trying to make a serious generalization here.

If we are attempting to make genralizations, then here we go.

1 Behavioral Assessor can take the place of 2 security lines... so 8 people.

2 Xray watchers
    2 people to watch you walk through the machines
    2 people for pat downs when it wont stop beeping
    2 people to pick up the empty plastic buckets and put them to the front of the line.

There... Man power problem... SOLVED.
    The Historic PES Legend

24. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    And its something I wouldnt be offended if it was going on in the airport. Life can go back to normal. Its effective...proven track record. Is it a guarantee? no...nothing is but to me this is the solution Id like to see in the airports in america, not groping, naked body scanners, public humiliation, etc....
    I agree.. how long before 911 did we got without hijacked planes being flown into buildings?

Was it a tragedy? Yes... was it necessary to completely disrupt America's way of life for? No.
    The Historic PES Legend

25. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Those are the only two options YOU are suggesting, there are plenty more out there than these two.

Second, your little outcome of being profiled then interrogated for 3 hours, belonging taken, groped, scanned... please tell me you are not trying to make a serious generalization here.

If we are attempting to make genralizations, then here we go.

1 Behavioral Assessor can take the place of 2 security lines... so 8 people.

2 Xray watchers
    2 people to watch you walk through the machines
    2 people for pat downs when it wont stop beeping
    2 people to pick up the empty plastic buckets and put them to the front of the line.

There... Man power problem... SOLVED.
    I was making a gross generalization of the only 2 realistic options that have been mentioned in this thread. Just a bit of levity if you will. This thread seems to have gotten a bit tense for some.

And, do some more reading. It's not uncommon AT ALL at Ben Gurion for people to be detained and interrogated. That's why I used an exaggerated example of that.

As far as your behavioral assesor, 1 skilled and qualified person can in fact do that. But, I don't think you realize what it takes to be good at that sort of thing. It's a rare skill and to be great at it takes a measure of natural talent and instinct that cannot be taught. It's one of those things that not just anyone can do. Coming up with enough of them to man close to 500 airports 24 hours a day, 365 days a year might be impossible. Remember, Israel has only 1 international airport and it's not that busy so their example may not be feasible for the USA.

If you know any cops, go find someone who does interstate drug interdiction that is good at it. I used to work with one of the best in the USA (R.I.P. Officer Robby Bishop). It was almost like he was psychic. Other guys that were "good" at it talked about him as if he were a magician. He trained others around the nation. THAT'S the kind of talent you need when you have a person sitting in an airport looking for terrorists.

As for the 8 TSA employees, you could in fact train a chimp to do some of those tasks. In some cases, the chimp may do a better job. But, the skill level is nowhere close to that of a trained and skilled behavioral assessor or trained and skilled profiler.

26. A very appropriate tune for this thread, especially the theme

YouTube - Ill Bill - Society is Brainwashed (DJ Premier prod.)

Enjoy..

27. Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    This is very sad but if a person can stick a weapon up their butt they will use a child in a heart beat to traffic things through security. It's one of those things that is very offensive, yet if a terrorist straped a weapon to their child and got through security everyone would be mad they got through and say security failed. Where's the balance? It's extremely hard to balance.
    We just had a 10 yr old, last week, walk into a classroom and shoot his teacher in the stomach with a 25cali. Syht happens, there are very few ways of balancing it.

28. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    We just had a 10 yr old, last week, walk into a classroom and shoot his teacher in the stomach with a 25cali. Syht happens, there are very few ways of balancing it.
    Yup shiiiit happens plain and simple. No one can save the world from itself.

29. Inside.
    Job.

30. you guys got ballz to talk about politics and the government in an Anabolic website when they can easily track your ass down and bust you for your cycles lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 03:40 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 06:37 PM
  3. 2011 is gonna be good year
    By mikaveli06 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 10:38 AM
  4. Where to have prescription drug tested
    By TobyJ in forum OTC Drug