Need some insight

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Ok, here is the short version of this sad tale.....Karate , 3months ago, broke my foot, had surgery and ( 2 screws later) in the foot, been out going to the gym daily, cardio, walking, biking, trying and I stress trying to be a good girl about this......( I live in the gym like most, even injured)

Now, back to work today, I teach, special ed, I need my feet, and tonight, my foot is swollen and bruised, Any ideas of what to do to make it stronger, quick???!!!! I was actually thinking of getting or wrapping it for the time I teach as I have to run, and chase kids all day ( summer school) any other ideas much needed !!!!

thanks,

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I sprained my ankle pretty bad a few times. What seemed to help me is to fill a bucket with cold water and another one with hot water. I would put my ankle in the cold for a minute and the hot for 30 seconds. This helped allot but it didn't cure it over night. However, your injury is much different but might be worth a try.

skeptical

Awards
Don't act like an ass.. didn't see you voluteering to do that for the guys Matthew D

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Ok, here is the short version of this sad tale.....Karate , 3months ago, broke my foot, had surgery and ( 2 screws later) in the foot, been out going to the gym daily, cardio, walking, biking, trying and I stress trying to be a good girl about this......( I live in the gym like most, even injured)

Now, back to work today, I teach, special ed, I need my feet, and tonight, my foot is swollen and bruised, Any ideas of what to do to make it stronger, quick???!!!! I was actually thinking of getting or wrapping it for the time I teach as I have to run, and chase kids all day ( summer school) any other ideas much needed !!!!

thanks,
Not really. Rushing your recovery is a good way to suffer another injury. If you're hurt, take the time you need and that the doc reccomends to recover.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
i wasnt looking for a cure all, just did not know if someone out there could offer some tips on things to lesson the pain.......My doc says I am healed, Sorry i asked for tips......

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This young lady happens to be Mrs. Fox, so behave! :mad:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
okay this a reach but how is the padding in your shoes? that might help things..

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you could get those gel inserts to put in.....hey matt, you gellin'? LOL...

Or if you go see your podiatrist, you can ask him to get you some of those prescription shoes that kinda look like clown shoes, but they do work and help alleviate some of the pain. I used to have a few teachers where those in my high school.....only problem is that we used to make fun of 'em...hehe...kids can be so cruel can't they?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
LOL actually I just got a new pair of asic nimbus VI and they have the gel built in.. that is one of the things that made me think about it..
at work, I have a good pair of Rockports and I wouldn't be caught dead on concert floors without them..

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
I thought the same thing, so I got a pair of new balance sneakers, for cross training since i lift weights and also run road races I am tough on my feet.....but thanks for the idea matt :)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The matter of HGH is taken care of, fellas.. ;)