Help -Cannot find SMOKED + UN-salted Almonds anywhere
- 05-27-2010, 08:26 PM
- 05-28-2010, 10:20 AM
05-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Whole foods, and traders joes both carry them. I was looking for nuts to get last night actually, and i know i say smoked almonds at walmart now I'm trying to remember if they were unsalted.
05-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Wow, I need to find some of these. Gonna try the links posted above.
I bought the smoked salted ones and holy hell were they addictive, but soooo much sodium.
Can't wait to try these.
05-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Fellas. I appreciate the help but these places do not carry SMOKED and UNSALTED.
There is a BIG difference between ROASTED+SMOKED
05-29-2010, 10:26 AM
05-29-2010, 01:13 PM
You are damn picky. LOL. Make it yourself!
1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
2 tsp. water
1 c. almonds
1 tbsp. oil
Mix smoke and water. Then add almonds and mix well. Let stand overnight. Drain almonds and place in shallow pan. Add oil and toss until well coated. Roast in 300 degree oven for 25 minutes, stirring frequently. When golden, remove and sprinkle with salt. Yield: 1 cup.
Recipe from cooks.com
Almonds you can get at the baking aisle of most grocery stores. Liquid smoke should be in the spice aisle. Everything else you should already have.
GET COOKING MARTHA! J/K
05-29-2010, 02:43 PM
05-29-2010, 04:51 PM
05-30-2010, 06:59 AM
05-31-2010, 01:03 AM
05-31-2010, 08:04 AM
Mixed them in a bowl with hickory flavored liquid smoke and scorched them on the grill in an aluminum pan- too easy and too good (and NO SALT!!) Thanks
Similar Forum Threads
- By AtomicFox in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 19Last Post: 02-07-2011, 11:12 PM
- By TheLastRonin in forum RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-27-2009, 11:46 PM
- By Chub in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 12Last Post: 07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
- By yeahright in forum RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-04-2007, 11:22 PM
- By Kitchen Chemist in forum General ChatReplies: 14Last Post: 06-05-2003, 12:52 PM