SPORTS, WHATS YOUR FAVORITE?!?!

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
UFC, Hockey, Lacrosse, and of course Bodybuilding!

whats your favorite sport???

but believe it or not i HATE watching football.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
football, basketball, soccer....those are what i follow and watch the most

also watch ufc when theres decent fights but it's lost it's luster for me

also like most of the summer x-games besides motocross

hate: baseball (don't consider it a sport) and 90% of olympic sports

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
hells yes to beer pong!!..... its fun, but i am terrible at it

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
This one may be a one and only...

First off its wrestling(Collegiate/highschool/private tourney's)
Then MMA
Then Football
Then softball/baseball
Then Tennis
Then volleyball.

kimmy gibler

kimmy gibler

Awards
badminton is F'n amazing,lacrosse, BMX, hockey,gymnastics

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Baseball is a sport...
Nascar is something that Isn't a sport.

Baseball-Yankees/SF
Hockey-Rangers/Senators
Football-Giants/Gators
Golf-(Can't watch it, but love playing)
UFC-KIMBO

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Moto GP
Football
Hockey
Wrestling

...in that order

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
yeah i am with you. nascar isn't a sport.......... and it is boring as hell to watch!!!!!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Baseball
Hockey
Football

There is nothing better than baseball season to me. Relaxing on at patio bar, sucking down the suds and watching the game. Baseball screams summer!

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Nascar is something that Isn't a sport.
NASCAR is some of the toughest racing in the world. I doubt you or anyone here could understand how draining it is to drive like that for 3 hours. Its definintly a sport.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
NASCAR is some of the toughest racing in the world. I doubt you or anyone here could understand how draining it is to drive like that for 3 hours. Its definintly a sport.
It's a lot like driving to work in the morning with all the women putting on makeup in the rearview mirror or driving home after work with all the alcoholic men racing to the bar.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
It's a lot like driving to work in the morning with all the women putting on makeup in the rearview mirror or driving home after work with all the alcoholic men racing to the bar.
So what youre saying is...

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0905/nascar-http-static-howstuffworks-com-gif-1993-nascar-results-demotivational-poster-1243413082.jpg[IMG][/quote]

Its the toughest form of racing. You wont see anyone stroll into NASCAR from other forms of racing and dominate. The only open wheel transfer I know of who has had measurable success is Tony Stewart. NASCAR is great because its a battle between drivers, not manufacturers.

[QUOTE="bluehealer, post: 2415707, member: 94098"]Not at all, just saying it's hard work and you have to watch your a$$.[/quote]

Yeah ok. Go do your homework child.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Want to know whats tougher?

Driving home drunk from Orlando, 2 1/2 hour ride.

Need for Speed Games.

Driving to New York, 16 hour drive.

Formula 1.

Drag Racing.

Anything that involves taking a right turn.

Bubba J (Jeff Dunham): "Oh Look! They are taking another Left turn!"

Seriously. I live next to Daytona. All Nascar really does is get Red Necks drunk as hell, making them more of an ******* then they already are. It's the only sport they are mentally able to follow as well, because they only make one turn around a big oval track.

Hmm. Make this more interesting, lets compare a Nascar driver to some other REAL SPORT players.

Jeff Gordon Vs. Michael Strahan. Verdict: Strahan

Jeff Gordon Vs. Jason Giambi. Verdict: Giambi

Jeff Gordon Vs. Jaromir Jagr. Verdict: Jagr

Dale Earnhart Vs. Maria Sharapova. Verdict: Sharapova, he's dead! HAHA

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Need for Speed Games.

Formula 1.

Drag Racing.

Seriously. I live next to Daytona. All Nascar really does is get Red Necks drunk as hell, making them more of an ******* then they already are. It's the only sport they are mentally able to follow as well, because they only make one turn around a big oval track.

Hmm. Make this more interesting, lets compare a Nascar driver to some other REAL SPORT players.

Reminds me of Poker being on sport channels.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established

Need for Speed Games.

Formula 1.

Drag Racing.

Hey man, how are all those guys coming from Formula 1 and other open wheel variants doing? Strahan cant do what Jeff Gordon does and Gordon cant do what Strahan does. Thats a pretty big strawman there chief.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Football for me.

nascar isn't sport, I agree. It is tough what they do, yes, but I could care less. It's just bunch of car going on circles. I see it every day driving on the freeway, except flashy advertisements it's a bunch of retarded bumper stickers with f...ing rednecks behind the wheel who watch nascar and think they can drive just as good.
How can anyone who has a little bit of brain find it entertaining?

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, how are all those guys coming from Formula 1 and other open wheel variants doing? Strahan cant do what Jeff Gordon does and Gordon cant do what Strahan does. Thats a pretty big strawman there chief.
Im pretty sure Strahan can drive a car in a complete circle. Im pretty sure anyone here with a lisence or even permit can drive a car in a circle.

I don't watch Formula 1, but its still cooler. Ever watch Pinks? Thats alot more entertaining that watching Nascar.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
:bryce:
Its the toughest form of racing. You wont see anyone stroll into NASCAR from other forms of racing and dominate. The only open wheel transfer I know of who has had measurable success is Tony Stewart. NASCAR is great because its a battle between drivers, not manufacturers.

Yeah ok. Go do your homework child.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
haha i have been able to drive a car in a circle since i was like 6. anyone can not that hard.

"oh look they made another left turn, oh **** they made another left turn!!!!!" not that exciting.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sport, yes, but, are they athletes, absolutely not. I'm not a fan of it and I think it's amongst the least entertaining things to EVER get mainstream attention, but I will say it's a sport.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nascar is not a sport...to be a sport it means it takes athletic ability...nascar doesn't have any of those...i also don't consider baseball or golf as sports either....anyone can do it...any size, shape, atheltic ability......baseball fans may get mad, but i don't know any other sports where a drunk overweight guy can get a reward such as the cy young and i love playing golf, i love watching golf, but again not athletes

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nascar is not a sport...to be a sport it means it takes athletic ability...nascar doesn't have any of those...i also don't consider baseball or golf as sports either....anyone can do it...any size, shape, atheltic ability......baseball fans may get mad, but i don't know any other sports where a drunk overweight guy can get a reward such as the cy young and i love playing golf, i love watching golf, but again not athletes
Why would anyone get mad at someone who is wrong?

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Football for me.

nascar isn't sport, I agree. It is tough what they do, yes, but I could care less. It's just bunch of car going on circles. I see it every day driving on the freeway, except flashy advertisements it's a bunch of retarded bumper stickers with f...ing rednecks behind the wheel who watch nascar and think they can drive just as good.
How can anyone who has a little bit of brain find it entertaining?
Saying its a bunch of cars going in circles is as ignorant as saying that football is just dudes running around in pads. The irony that you claim people with "a brain" cant find it entertaining is awesome.

Im pretty sure Strahan can drive a car in a complete circle. Im pretty sure anyone here with a lisence or even permit can drive a car in a circle.

I don't watch Formula 1, but its still cooler. Ever watch Pinks? Thats alot more entertaining that watching Nascar.
Strahan could never compete at any level of NASCAR. Period. I could put Jeff Gordon in pads and put him on an NFL field and he'd get blown up. But he could still techincally play it. Try again.

haha i have been able to drive a car in a circle since i was like 6. anyone can not that hard.

"oh look they made another left turn, oh **** they made another left turn!!!!!" not that exciting.
Anyone can do it? Is that why former Formula 1 drivers and CART/Indy drivers get **** on in NASCAR? Only one has had any success and that was Tony Stewart. Again, statements like that are as ignorant.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nascar is not a sport...what kind of athletic ability does it take to do it? anyone can sit in a car and drive...millions of ppl do it on a daily basis...it might take talent to be good but a plastic surgery takes talent by someone as well....doesn't make it a sport....same with baseball...anyone can pick daisies in the outfield for 6 hours a day...they are doing as much as i am if i was to watch paint dry

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
nascar is not a sport...what kind of athletic ability does it take to do it? anyone can sit in a car and drive...millions of ppl do it on a daily basis...it might take talent to be good but a plastic surgery takes talent by someone as well....doesn't make it a sport....same with baseball...anyone can pick daisies in the outfield for 6 hours a day...they are doing as much as i am if i was to watch paint dry
Im sorry Gangsterlicious, but you are half retarded. Take that du-rag off your head and listen, Baseball really Is a sport. It's America's past time. Go ahead and try to hit a ball going 100 mph with a 2 inch wide bat. It's not that easy. Golf, Yeah, you don't need to be in any athletic shape really at all, however the sport it really god dam hard. I play with my friends every once in a while, and i suck.

All baseball athletes are in really good shape. It's really not an easy sport. It's been easier for me to be a running back than a dam catcher.

On golf, Its mostly an older folk sport. I got into due to my friend's mom is dating a pro golfer, David Morland IV. I also work at a some what golf resort too which doesn't help. It still is hard.

I'm sure I could sit in a car and take a left turn all day.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im sorry Gangsterlicious, but you are half retarded. Take that du-rag off your head and listen, Baseball really Is a sport. It's America's past time. Go ahead and try to hit a ball going 100 mph with a 2 inch wide bat. It's not that easy. Golf, Yeah, you don't need to be in any athletic shape really at all, however the sport it really god dam hard. I play with my friends every once in a while, and i suck.

All baseball athletes are in really good shape. It's really not an easy sport. It's been easier for me to be a running back than a dam catcher.

On golf, Its mostly an older folk sport. I got into due to my friend's mom is dating a pro golfer, David Morland IV. I also work at a some what golf resort too which doesn't help. It still is hard.

First golf is awesome and i love golfing but it's not a sport but it is an impossible game to master which is why it's so awesome...and all baseball "athletes" are not in really good shape, thats why they rn't atletes...if you consider it a sport then they are the worst shape of any athletes out there...thats why theres so many pulled muscles in baseball...because they go hours without even making an athletic move so when they try they hurt themselves....theres also like what 5 pitchers who throw 100 mph in all of baseball? baseball players and weatherman are the only professions where you can do your job 3 out of 10 times and be considered good at it...comeon man...it's americas past time for a reason because it's for old ppl....sorry but the nfl has taken over america

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First golf is awesome and i love golfing but it's not a sport but it is an impossible game to master which is why it's so awesome...and all baseball "athletes" are not in really good shape, thats why they rn't atletes...if you consider it a sport then they are the worst shape of any athletes out there...thats why theres so many pulled muscles in baseball...because they go hours without even making an athletic move so when they try they hurt themselves....theres also like what 5 pitchers who throw 100 mph in all of baseball? baseball players and weatherman are the only professions where you can do your job 3 out of 10 times and be considered good at it...comeon man...it's americas past time for a reason because it's for old ppl....sorry but the nfl has taken over america
Haha.. this is funny as hell.

Albert Pujols... Not an athlete.

I like your reasoning. I love NFL.. but that is the only sport besides sumo that you can be 350 pds and considered excelling at your craft and only required to play 16 times per year.

Preface: I love football, just your statements are pretty asinine.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha.. this is funny as hell.

Albert Pujols... Not an athlete.

I like your reasoning there thug life. I love NFL.. but that is the only sport besides sumo that you can be 350 pds and considered excelling at your craft and only required to play 16 times per year.

Preface: I love football, just your statements are pretty asinine.
ok well you tell me....what does albert pujols do that makes him an athlete? swings a bat? thats not very athleteic...a diving stop once every 12 games?...theres a reason why they play so many games in baseball because the game is not physically taxing...and what about cecil fielder, mo vaughn, and david wells? they all had to be pushing 300lbs and excelled at their sport and are probably no where near as strong or able to move like an offensive lineman

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok well you tell me....what does albert pujols do that makes him an athlete? swings a bat? thats not very athleteic...a diving stop once every 12 games?...theres a reason why they play so many games in baseball because the game is not physically taxing...and what about cecil fielder, mo vaughn, and david wells? they all had to be pushing 300lbs and excelled at their sport and are probably no where near as strong or able to move like an offensive lineman
Seriously man? You have to condition day in and day out to play 162 games in a year. Pitchers condition the hardest.. Matt Holliday was featured the cover of M&F this month. Baseball players decorate your favorite sports mags day in and day out. For not being a sport, the rest of the world definitely thinks it is.

Seriously... Albert Pujols not an athlete? You have to be smoking something strong

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Seriously man? You have to condition day in and day out to play 162 games in a year. Pitchers condition the hardest.. Matt Holliday was featured the cover of M&F this month. Baseball players decorate your favorite sports mags day in and day out. For not being a sport, the rest of the world definitely thinks it is.

Seriously... Albert Pujols not an athlete? You have to be smoking something strong
They also showed his routine, however I hate the Red Sox. I was going to point it out but afraid of getting flamed for reading MF!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Again you didn't answer my questions...what do they do thats athletic? i workout and i don't consider myself an athlete...not even close....btw they put actors on the cover of those stupid magazines...are they athletes too?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can you hit a ball moving through multiple plains of space...that is traveling in excess of 90 mph?

You're pretty much a guaranteed all star if you can get a hit in 1 out of 3 at bats. What if a basketball player only made 1/3 of his shots, a quarterback only completed 1/3 of his passes, a running back only made yards 1/3 of his carries, a kicker only made 1/3 of his field goal attempts, a receiver dropped 2/3 of his passes, a goalie let in 1 out of 3 shots taken on him, etc, etc

I know a lot of people find baseball boring, but most of those guys are definitely athletes. Come on, baseballs leave the infield at speeds in excess of 125 mph. I would say that it has to take a little athleticism to make a play on an object moving that quickly...not to mention while running full speed or diving...

:D:D:D

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you hit a ball moving through multiple plains of space...that is traveling in excess of 90 mph?

You're pretty much a guaranteed all star if you can get a hit in 1 out of 3 at bats. What if a basketball player only made 1/3 of his shots, a quarterback only completed 1/3 of his passes, a running back only made yards 1/3 of his carries, a kicker only made 1/3 of his field goals, a receiver dropped 2/3 of his passes, a goalie let in 1 out of 3 shots taken on him, etc, etc

:D:D:D
if you did 1/3 of anything in any other sport you'd pretty much be jamarcus russell...shaq on the free throw line....larry johnson...and braylon edwards...in baseball your "good"

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you did 1/3 of anything in any other sport you'd pretty much be jamarcus russell...shaq on the free throw line....larry johnson...and braylon edwards...in baseball your "good"
A lifetime avg of .300 is better than just GOOD.

I guess we will agree to disagree :p

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lifetime avg of .300 is better than just GOOD.

I guess we will agree to disagree :p
i dunno i guess i think ppl should be hitting atleast .500 like it's nothing...hitting a baseball is not very hard when thats your profession...the strike zone is pretty much the size of a shoebox now a days so u know where the balls going to be

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You said you play/like soccer right? That goal is HUGE yet most games have scores of what...???

I'm just busting your balls now ;)

Side note - I played soccer when I was younger and I thought baseball was a lot harder. I was a pitcher though and catching/pitching are the most grueling positions, IMO.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You said you play/like soccer right? That goal is HUGE yet most games have scores of what...???

I'm just busting your balls now ;)

Side note - I played soccer when I was younger and I thought baseball was a lot harder. I was a pitcher though and catching/pitching are the most grueling positions, IMO.
good point, but i played in high school which is a much smaller field or indoor soccer somtimes with walls so the game is much faster than pro soccer...they have to school a lot of times by pretty much throwing a curve ball with their foot

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I played indoor too when I lived up north. I remember walking through the snow before my games, lol. Indoor was definitely a much higher pace!

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
You know what it feels like to take Turn 1 at Indianapolis in an Indy Car? It feels like driving a minivan and taking a 90 degree turn into a driveway from 70mph. You have no idea what goes into any form of racing. Its sad that you try to talk on it.

And baseballs conditioning is...more lax than other sports but to not call it a sport is stupid.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
I rather watch Nascar than Soccer. That is the gayest sport out there. Not IMO its a fact.