PS3 Games - Name Your Top 3

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just bought a PS3, mainly because I wanted a good Blu Ray player and I figured why not spend the extra $100 or whatever and get a gaming system. I'm not a huge gamer. I used to play Counter Strike and Rainbow Six a ton when I was 11-15, but then I got real into fitness and slammed with school, so I never had time.

My internet connection at home sucks (all that is offered near me is DSL), so don't name games based on them being good for multiplayer, even though I'd much rather be playing online with others.

I just bought GTA IV and Metal Gear Solid 4 to screw around with in my spare time.

Please, nothing "racing" based. Those bore me. :eek:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The "Call of Duty" series. The new one "COD modern warfare 2" if definitely worth the buy. You shall not be disappointed. :D

I haven't had time to play as much lately myself, but I get in a few games from time to time.

My gamertag is: Trauma79. Feel free to hit me up to play if I'm on.

-John

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Battlefield Bad Company 2, COD Modern Combat, COD World at War. Im DoctorManhattan7 on there if you want to link up.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
Heavy Rain (good story line, from the makers of Indigo Prophecy)

Red Dead Redemption (coming soon) Red Dead Revolver was good.

Batman Asylum

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
I agree with MW2, also, if you like sports games, you can't go wrong with Madden, and I'm enjoying MLB '09 The Show.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
1. COD Modern Warfare 2
2. Metal Gear Solid 4
3. Assassins Creed II

Honorable Mentions for the NBA 2K series and Devil May Cry 4, Batman Arkham Asylum, also I haven't bought God of War III yet but I'm guessing it may be my new #1. I'm RoySmitlo on the PS3 network.

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
All of the Call of Duty ones, especially Modern Warfare 2. Quite addicted to that game right about now. Also use PS3 just as much for blue ray.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Depends on preferences but if your connection sucks then I don't recommend any online multiplayer games...(Call of duty). Those games rely heavily on their multiplayer style and if it sucks you won't be able to enjoy it. Trust me, I'm in a hotel right now and it sucks.

Good 20 dollar games are Bioshock, Soulcaliber 4 are solid. You can also pick up Dead Space which is pretty tight.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
COD MW2 is homosexual, for losers. Pick up Bad Company 2 for real fun ;)

Also Xbox 360 and the Wii are for real men, :D

But honestly Bad Company 2
Uncharted 2 (real great!)
Heavy Rain

Mick81

Mick81

Awards
COD World at War
Medal of Honour Airborne
Infamous
Battlefield 1&2
Farcry 2

All top games without multiplayer, evn better with it.

Honourable mention for UFC Undisputed

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys. I'll look into all of these and see what the best option is. Bad Company 2, Infamous, and Batman all look sweet. I know COD is awesome, but I would probably get pissy knowing I can't play online.

Do any of you have trouble with your hard drive making a "clicking" noise? Anytime the yellow light blinks my system clicks. Kind of obnoxious if the volume is low. I think I may go back to Best Buy and exchange it for a new system if I can. Fortunately, if I'm stuck with this one, I haven't seen it being an issue when I watch movies.

I have the sound connected to my Bose Wave Radio, so it's pretty nas! :D

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
COD MW2 is homosexual, for losers. Pick up Bad Company 2 for real fun ;)

Also Xbox 360 and the Wii are for real men, :D

But honestly Bad Company 2
Uncharted 2 (real great!)
Heavy Rain
I can't believe I forgot Uncharted 2, that game is fun as **** with an awesome story that is integrated seemlessly into game play. I never played uncharted 1 but apparantly 2 fixes the ammo shortage problem encountered in the first one.

gnetics18

Awards
  1. BattleField Bad Company 2
  2. COD Modern Warefare 2
  3. anything else lol
Ill put up my gamer tag later..I dont know it off the top of my head.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
jayhawkk is my tag

I've been looking for something with a good story line that I wouldn't beat in 4 hours too.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Zelda is awesome.
Indeed it is. There are rumors of another one in the works. Though the best was still Ocarina of Time on the 64.

jayhawkk is my tag

I've been looking for something with a good story line that I wouldn't beat in 4 hours too.
I would recommend Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2(both together will run you about 50-60 hours of enjoyable game time if you go fast, and more considering most people do multiple runs through them). But I dont know if they are on the PS3, I know they are on the 360 and the PC.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
jayhawkk is my tag

Rpgs are good for a long game. The new FF just came out.. its decent. The uncharted games are good storywise..not that long though. You can dl demos from the ps3,wii network etc. and try em all out. There are a lot of good new games out there...I still like my classics though.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Indeed it is. There are rumors of another one in the works. Though the best was still Ocarina of Time on the 64.
yea it was awesome..i have an affinity for a link to the past though heh.

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
Do any of you have trouble with your hard drive making a "clicking" noise? Anytime the yellow light blinks my system clicks. Kind of obnoxious if the volume is low. I think I may go back to Best Buy and exchange it for a new system if I can. Fortunately, if I'm stuck with this one, I haven't seen it being an issue when I watch movies.
I havent noticed any problems with mine, might be best to try to exchange it.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised noone on here mentioned resident evil yet.

That gets my top vote. Co op in story mode too cant beat it.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
The "Call of Duty" series. The new one "COD modern warfare 2" if definitely worth the buy. You shall not be disappointed. :D

I haven't had time to play as much lately myself, but I get in a few games from time to time.

My gamertag is: Trauma79. Feel free to hit me up to play if I'm on.

-John
When I get my PS3 up and running again (It works, but the Blu-Ray drive is dead and I have to buy a new blu-ray drive replacement...good thing I know my sh*t when it comes to electronics...saves me an a$$load money a lot of the time) I'll have to hit you up sometime homie. FYI...my gamertag is smsbozsambear19

Cheers my friend!:cheers:

-Sean-

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Rpgs are good for a long game. The new FF just came out.. its decent. The uncharted games are good storywise..not that long though. You can dl demos from the ps3,wii network etc. and try em all out. There are a lot of good new games out there...I still like my classics though.
The new FF still doesn't match up with FF7 (in my personal opinion I still think that is the greatest game ever...the depth of the story just can't be beat).

As for my personal picks for top PS3 games since I am and always will be a gamer (when I have free time :D)...

In no particular order....

Metal Gear Solid 4
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
God of War 3
GTA IV (GTA: San Andreas was still the best GTA)
Unchartered 2
Assassin's Creed 2
MLB 10: The Show
NFL Head Coach 09
Heavy Rain
Resident Evil 5

Cheers!:cheers:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome! Thanks guys! :grouphug:

I'm going to try to exchange my system today for a quieter one. Hopefully I won't have any MORE issues with the next one. I'm sick of dealing with electronics. This whole thing started because I bought a SONY Blu Ray player that caused problems, so I then returned it and got a PS3, now I'm dealing with this noise crap. - It's the new SLIM.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
I just got a PS3 as well ... mainly for the Blu-Ray ability and streaming Netflix ... so far the games I have are:

Street Fighter IV
God of War 3
Final Fantasy XIII (not opening it until I finish GoW3 on Titan Mode)

tag is jjester1976

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yo guys, got teh interwebzzz running pretty good on my PS3 now. I'll be adding all of you that listed the gamertags.

Last weekend, when I still didn't have the net running, I bought Oblivion (GOYE) and FEAR. Now that I've got this stuff running I'm going to try to pickup Battlefield 2 and Borderlands.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
My user name is dslicckest1

I'll be the guy stabbing jaws.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, God of War 3. I'm surprised more haven't mentioned it. It's a testosterone enraged video game. I'm sure you'll like it :D

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously, God of War 3. I'm surprised more haven't mentioned it. It's a testosterone enraged video game. I'm sure you'll like it :D
I can't wait to pick that up. I told myself I have to beat these others before I get more though. Oblivion has become a Sunday morning thing, but other than that, I don't have too much time to play. I go to church on Saturday night now, so I can now play all day on Sunday. haha

I added all you guys that posted your player names, but last time I checked Trauma was the only one that accepted me. :(

:p

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
The new FF still doesn't match up with FF7 (in my personal opinion I still think that is the greatest game ever...the depth of the story just can't be beat).

Yea personally I like 7,3 and 4(american) the best. The new rpgs don't have that
awesome storyline depth that they should have. DQ games are good too...and chrono of course. Its the new age of showing glitz and such without drawing a player in. Games are too short and easy to beat as well. Ah well it hopefully will get better, ff13 versus is coming out soon( Nobuo Uematsu+muisc-awesome)
and they finally stated this year that a ps3 remake of 7 is a good possibility.

FAMOUSX1

Awards
I thought Darksiders was pretty good and not mentioned.
Other that that CODMW. I just beat assasins creed 2, it was alright. And I have god of war 3 that I haven't touched yet.