Any one else notice this trend lately...

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
half the movies that have come out, a good chunk of books, and general talk all often involve some sort of apocalypse anymore. Everything is about the end of mankind nowadays. Be it zombie apocalypse, war induced apocalypse, faith induced apocalypse, viral/bacterial induced apocalypse its a huge trend.

Fascinating in some aspects, but yet at the same time I am wondering(though some of you may have an equal understanding/idea) about what it is fascinating people with the end of humanity. While I read the Good Book, and I have my reason, I am interested in others ideas on the worldwide fascination with our end.

H8dook

H8dook

Banned
Awards
It's called jumping on the 2012 mayan calendar bandwagon!

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Don't know , but more then likely it's the 2012 date approaching.

I for one, after years of training, am MORE then prepaired for a zombie apocalypse.
:shhh:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its all about 2012. However it is not just the Maya. Countless civilizations predicted the 2012 date, so it makes for good monetary value

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
half the movies that have come out, a good chunk of books, and general talk all often involve some sort of apocalypse anymore. Everything is about the end of mankind nowadays. Be it zombie apocalypse, war induced apocalypse, faith induced apocalypse, viral/bacterial induced apocalypse its a huge trend.

Fascinating in some aspects, but yet at the same time I am wondering(though some of you may have an equal understanding/idea) about what it is fascinating people with the end of humanity. While I read the Good Book, and I have my reason, I am interested in others ideas on the worldwide fascination with our end.
Disaster movies have been hits since the early 80s...zombies since the mid 70s. It's nothing new, its just a different focus. Instead of a small town its the whole world now, same book different cover...
And one main reason for these is that people have always been intrigued by that of which they know little or none at all. This is how we have come across many discoveries, some by accident albeit.
The thought of the unknown drives a man, that is the real question. Why does the thought of the unknown? not knowing when this world will end or what will happen to you today, why does that intrigue us so.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
People will also prey on individual mindset and the closure it gets to 2012, the more movies you will see about world disaster. People are intrigued by that unknown factor so ill make a movie shoipwing how it could all end......I'll tell you how the world ends....in a box with some dirt tossed over you, if you are lucky.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
Im really gettin sick and tired of all this pu**y vampire love shyt going on. Everywhere you look theres either a movie or television show about vampire drama... If I hear one more thing about twilight or vampire diaries im gonna snap lol

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
a zombie outbreak would solve America's obesity epidemic....

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
"no man knows the exact time of the worlds end" - GOD

so always be ready. spiritually, mentally.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
2012 is bull****, world doesnt / wont

zombie apocolypse is also bs. ****ing if for some reason it ever happened, wait on your roof 2 weeks and all teh zombies will starve to death lol.

all these theories are stupid, broadcasting is milking them to get ratings.

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
2012 is bull****, world doesnt / wont

zombie apocolypse is also bs. ****ing if for some reason it ever happened, wait on your roof 2 weeks and all teh zombies will starve to death lol.

all these theories are stupid, broadcasting is milking them to get ratings.
Nah man, if they're like the zombies from Return of the Living Dead that won't happen. Those zombies are pretty much invincible. I don't think they need food to live, and if you chop one up the pieces are still moving around! Bullets alone won't kill them, and if you burn them up, the ash seeds the clouds with the chemical that made them zombies (trioxin) and when it rains, you have even MORE zombies!

If they're more like "infected" though, then yeah, they can and probably will starve... but you'll probably starve first!

Then, if they're magic zombies, you got a whole other deal.

Sorry dude.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man, it goes from Maya prophecy and the Dresden Codex to Zombies? :dunno:

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Show the zombies a pic of charles manson and ozzy osborne, if they don't die laughing then nothing will kill them...

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
Some of them focus on humanity like 2012 or Book of Eli. The Road focuses mostly on the characters rather than the event of apocalypse.

It's all just a current fad like the lame blue moon vampire crap.

However, I thoroughly enjoy zombie movies and the like. You never know how it could happen. Maybe a mutated rabies virus spreads rabidly into the human race making people crazy, deranged cannibals. Or maybe we are visited by aliens that bring some weird disease.

But whatever. It's always good to have a contigency plan. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail so I got a nice stash if you know what I mean.

Bring on the zombies motherfukcer, I'm ready.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
2 Timothy 3:1-17
1 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.
8 Now in the way that Jan´nes and Jam´bres resisted Moses, so these also go on resisting the truth, men completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. 9 Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their madness will be very plain to all, even as the [madness] of those [two men] became. 10 But you have closely followed my teaching, my course of life, my purpose, my faith, my long-suffering, my love, my endurance, 11 my persecutions, my sufferings, the sort of things that happened to me in Antioch, in I·co´ni·um, in Lys´tra, the sort of persecutions I have borne; and yet out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted. 13 But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.
14 You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from what persons you learned them 15 and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through the faith in connection with Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Matthew 24:1-51
1 Departing now, Jesus was on his way from the temple, but his disciples approached to show him the buildings of the temple. 2 In response he said to them: “Do YOU not behold all these things? Truly I say to YOU, By no means will a stone be left here upon a stone and not be thrown down.”
3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.
7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
15 “Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) 16 then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains. 17 Let the man on the housetop not come down to take the goods out of his house; 18 and let the man in the field not return to the house to pick up his outer garment. 19 Woe to the pregnant women and those suckling a baby in those days! 20 Keep praying that YOUR flight may not occur in wintertime, nor on the sabbath day; 21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.
23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it. 27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.
32 “Now learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also YOU, when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.
36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned; 41 two women will be grinding at the hand mill: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned. 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming.
43 “But know one thing, that if the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.
45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.
48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

Luke 21:1-38
1 Now as he looked up he saw the rich dropping their gifts into the treasury chests. 2 Then he saw a certain needy widow drop two small coins of very little value there, 3 and he said: “I tell YOU truthfully, This widow, although poor, dropped in more than they all did. 4 For all these dropped in gifts out of their surplus, but this [woman] out of her want dropped in all the means of living she had.”
5 Later, as certain ones were speaking concerning the temple, how it was adorned with fine stones and dedicated things, 6 he said: “As for these things that YOU are beholding, the days will come in which not a stone upon a stone will be left here and not be thrown down.” 7 Then they questioned him, saying: “Teacher, when will these things actually be, and what will be the sign when these things are destined to occur?” 8 He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them. 9 Furthermore, when YOU hear of wars and disorders, do not be terrified. For these things must occur first, but the end does not [occur] immediately.”
10 Then he went on to say to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; 11 and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.
12 “But before all these things people will lay their hands upon YOU and persecute YOU, delivering YOU up to the synagogues and prisons, YOU being haled before kings and governors for the sake of my name. 13 It will turn out to YOU for a witness. 14 Therefore settle it in YOUR hearts not to rehearse beforehand how to make YOUR defense, 15 for I will give YOU a mouth and wisdom, which all YOUR opposers together will not be able to resist or dispute. 16 Moreover, YOU will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of YOU to death; 17 and YOU will be objects of hatred by all people because of my name. 18 And yet not a hair of YOUR heads will by any means perish. 19 By endurance on YOUR part YOU will acquire YOUR souls.
20 “Furthermore, when YOU see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies, then know that the desolating of her has drawn near. 21 Then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains, and let those in the midst of her withdraw, and let those in the country places not enter into her; 22 because these are days for meting out justice, that all the things written may be fulfilled. 23 Woe to the pregnant women and the ones suckling a baby in those days! For there will be great necessity upon the land and wrath on this people; 24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled.
25 “Also, there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and [its] agitation, 26 while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 But as these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift YOUR heads up, because YOUR deliverance is getting near.”
29 With that he spoke an illustration to them: “Note the fig tree and all the other trees: 30 When they are already in the bud, by observing it YOU know for yourselves that now the summer is near. 31 In this way YOU also, when YOU see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 Truly I say to YOU, This generation will by no means pass away until all things occur. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.
34 “But pay attention to yourselves that YOUR hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon YOU 35 as a snare. For it will come in upon all those dwelling upon the face of all the earth. 36 Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that YOU may succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur, and in standing before the Son of man.”
37 So by day he would be teaching in the temple, but by night he would go out and lodge on the mountain called the Mount of Olives. 38 And all the people would come early in the day to him in the temple to hear him.

People feel something, they know something is getting worse...but they can't put their finger on it.

Psalms 92:7
7 When the wicked ones sprout as the vegetation
And all the practicers of what is hurtful blossom forth,
It is that they may be annihilated forever.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
God is too busy bodybuilding to end the world anytime soon.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Hollywood is conditioning the masses for what is soon to come.

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
Some of them focus on humanity like 2012 or Book of Eli. The Road focuses mostly on the characters rather than the event of apocalypse.

It's all just a current fad like the lame blue moon vampire crap.

However, I thoroughly enjoy zombie movies and the like. You never know how it could happen. Maybe a mutated rabies virus spreads rabidly into the human race making people crazy, deranged cannibals. Or maybe we are visited by aliens that bring some weird disease.

But whatever. It's always good to have a contigency plan. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail so I got a nice stash if you know what I mean.

Bring on the zombies motherfukcer, I'm ready.

Here's the Zombie Survival Guide, written by Max Brooks.

http://fliiby.com/file/12221/zrm7b0ir5i.html

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
2 Timothy 3:1-17
1 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.
8 Now in the way that Jan´nes and Jam´bres resisted Moses, so these also go on resisting the truth, men completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. 9 Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their madness will be very plain to all, even as the [madness] of those [two men] became. 10 But you have closely followed my teaching, my course of life, my purpose, my faith, my long-suffering, my love, my endurance, 11 my persecutions, my sufferings, the sort of things that happened to me in Antioch, in I·co´ni·um, in Lys´tra, the sort of persecutions I have borne; and yet out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted. 13 But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.
14 You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from what persons you learned them 15 and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through the faith in connection with Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Matthew 24:1-51
1 Departing now, Jesus was on his way from the temple, but his disciples approached to show him the buildings of the temple. 2 In response he said to them: “Do YOU not behold all these things? Truly I say to YOU, By no means will a stone be left here upon a stone and not be thrown down.”
3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.
7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
15 “Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) 16 then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains. 17 Let the man on the housetop not come down to take the goods out of his house; 18 and let the man in the field not return to the house to pick up his outer garment. 19 Woe to the pregnant women and those suckling a baby in those days! 20 Keep praying that YOUR flight may not occur in wintertime, nor on the sabbath day; 21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.
23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it. 27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.
32 “Now learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also YOU, when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.
36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned; 41 two women will be grinding at the hand mill: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned. 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming.
43 “But know one thing, that if the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.
45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.
48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

Luke 21:1-38
1 Now as he looked up he saw the rich dropping their gifts into the treasury chests. 2 Then he saw a certain needy widow drop two small coins of very little value there, 3 and he said: “I tell YOU truthfully, This widow, although poor, dropped in more than they all did. 4 For all these dropped in gifts out of their surplus, but this [woman] out of her want dropped in all the means of living she had.”
5 Later, as certain ones were speaking concerning the temple, how it was adorned with fine stones and dedicated things, 6 he said: “As for these things that YOU are beholding, the days will come in which not a stone upon a stone will be left here and not be thrown down.” 7 Then they questioned him, saying: “Teacher, when will these things actually be, and what will be the sign when these things are destined to occur?” 8 He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them. 9 Furthermore, when YOU hear of wars and disorders, do not be terrified. For these things must occur first, but the end does not [occur] immediately.”
10 Then he went on to say to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; 11 and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.
12 “But before all these things people will lay their hands upon YOU and persecute YOU, delivering YOU up to the synagogues and prisons, YOU being haled before kings and governors for the sake of my name. 13 It will turn out to YOU for a witness. 14 Therefore settle it in YOUR hearts not to rehearse beforehand how to make YOUR defense, 15 for I will give YOU a mouth and wisdom, which all YOUR opposers together will not be able to resist or dispute. 16 Moreover, YOU will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of YOU to death; 17 and YOU will be objects of hatred by all people because of my name. 18 And yet not a hair of YOUR heads will by any means perish. 19 By endurance on YOUR part YOU will acquire YOUR souls.
20 “Furthermore, when YOU see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies, then know that the desolating of her has drawn near. 21 Then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains, and let those in the midst of her withdraw, and let those in the country places not enter into her; 22 because these are days for meting out justice, that all the things written may be fulfilled. 23 Woe to the pregnant women and the ones suckling a baby in those days! For there will be great necessity upon the land and wrath on this people; 24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled.
25 “Also, there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and [its] agitation, 26 while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 But as these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift YOUR heads up, because YOUR deliverance is getting near.”
29 With that he spoke an illustration to them: “Note the fig tree and all the other trees: 30 When they are already in the bud, by observing it YOU know for yourselves that now the summer is near. 31 In this way YOU also, when YOU see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 Truly I say to YOU, This generation will by no means pass away until all things occur. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.
34 “But pay attention to yourselves that YOUR hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon YOU 35 as a snare. For it will come in upon all those dwelling upon the face of all the earth. 36 Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that YOU may succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur, and in standing before the Son of man.”
37 So by day he would be teaching in the temple, but by night he would go out and lodge on the mountain called the Mount of Olives. 38 And all the people would come early in the day to him in the temple to hear him.

People feel something, they know something is getting worse...but they can't put their finger on it.

Psalms 92:7
7 When the wicked ones sprout as the vegetation
And all the practicers of what is hurtful blossom forth,
It is that they may be annihilated forever.
^Strange, seeing as I feel this has been happening since existence but i digress...I cannot name one era that did not involve 99% to each of what you quoted...again though...

FNG

FNG

Banned
Awards
Indeed. Everyone thinks that the end of days is near; although, I’ve read that past generations thought the same. They used the same quotes, just with different circumstance attached to it. I wish people would just live their lives and stop throwing a fictional book on the table and call it real. I am sure that I will catch some slack for my view here, but I expect the stones to come from THOSE people's hands anyway.
^Strange, seeing as I feel this has been happening since existence but i digress...I cannot name one era that did not involve 99% to each of what you quoted...again though...

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Who said anything about 2012? I was inferring that other events down the road (how far down, no one knows) are what they are getting the sheep ready for.

There are a lot of ex-military intelligence officers who have come forward, and the claims they have made are mind blowing. A couple of these guys, William Cooper, Phil Schneider, amongst others, have died under suspect circumstances right after disclosing their info.

How deep does the rabbit hole go? Deeper then I would have ever imagined. Be warned though, taking a genuine open minded interest in this stuff, and researching, can be a recipe for disaster. :nono:

Beware of opening doors, as some can be harder to close again than others.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The past has claimed it yes...but the past never had bio-chemical weapons capable of wiping out our entire species, nuclear weapons, a planet beginning its death throes, overpopulation of our species, and a technology based environment....

In the last 50 years we wrote a hell of a good recipe for the end of our species...

All it takes is one perfect bio-engineered virus...and we could be done.

FNG

FNG

Banned
Awards
Bio-Chem weapons were around when the first man walked the planet. It's the greed of self that creates usage for such weapons. I still think that most need to just live and not worry so much about death; we all are going to die regardless. Why not smile and help those who need a hand? No matter what anyone is going through in life, someone else has it worse. We are nothing more than passengers in the end.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who said anything about 2012? I was inferring that other events down the road (how far down, no one knows) are what they are getting the sheep ready for.

There are a lot of ex-military intelligence officers who have come forward, and the claims they have made are mind blowing. A couple of these guys, William Cooper, Phil Schneider, amongst others, have died under suspect circumstances right after disclosing their info.

How deep does the rabbit hole go? Deeper then I would have ever imagined. Be warned though, taking a genuine open minded interest in this stuff, and researching, can be a recipe for disaster. :nono:

using Cooper as an example? Seriously? :lol:

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

There is a reason why people get media coverage, most of them hype stories...some just flat out lie and a small percentage tell the truth...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Les Bell on line 2.

EVERY generation has thought the following generation was going down the wrong path...and you can find plenty of examples of this in literature that predates the Bible by 4,000 to 6,000 years.

I basically think it's human tendency to get tired of what humanity has to offer and secretly..or not so secretly want it all to end so they can say "I told ya so....sinners!".

Claims that the ENTIRE human race will go extinct are pretty indicative of this mindset, Even unleashing a heck of nuclear, chemical, biological and conventional war, our species is hella adaptable and there's a lot of places we can eek out a survival based existence..not to mention a lot of remote landscapes.

Zombie-based fiction really got its start in 1956 when Richard Matheson penned "I Am Legend". Even though it's largely about "vampires" the vampires are mostly mindless and zombie-like, a theme that the movie used.

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
all the worlds problems are reptilian, and hell every president has been one too :rofl:
Those pesky Freemasonic, blood-drinking, Reptilian shape-shifters.

Even Boxcar Willy was a Reptile, ffs.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established

This reminds me of people who think as you do and reinforces my studies of the bible.

Peter 3:1-18
1 Beloved ones, this is now the second letter I am writing YOU, in which, as in my first one,
I am arousing YOUR clear thinking faculties by way of a reminder, 2 that YOU should remember
the sayings previously spoken by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior
through YOUR apostles. 3 For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers
with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised
presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death],
all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”

Continuing where I left off.

Will This World Survive?

No other generation has heard so much talk about the end of the world.
Many fear that the world will end in a nuclear holocaust.
Others think that pollution may destroy the world.
Still others worry that economic chaos will set masses of humanity against one another.

Could this world really end? If it did, what would it mean?
Has a world ever ended before?

A World Ends—Another Replaces It

Yes, a world did end. Consider the world that became very wicked in the days of Noah.
The Bible explains: “The world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water.” The Bible also says: “[God] did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people.”—2*Peter 2:5; 3:6.

When Jesus spoke about the great Flood, he told his disciples about what the people had been doing just before the end came. This is what he said to them: “In those days before the flood, [people were] eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away.” Then Jesus said that people would be acting just like that before this world ends.—Matthew 24:37-39

Note what the end of that world meant and what it did not mean.
It did not mean the end of humankind. Noah and his family survived the global Flood.
So did the planet Earth and the beautiful starry heavens.
It was “a world of ungodly people” that perished, a wicked system of things.

Eventually, as Noah’s offspring increased, another world developed.
That second world, or system of things, has existed down to our day.
Its history has been filled with war, crime, and violence.
What will happen to this world? Will it survive?

The Future of This World

After saying the world in Noah’s day suffered destruction, the Bible account continues:
“By the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire.”
(2*Peter 3:7) Indeed, as another Bible writer explains: “The world [the one existing today]
is passing away.”—1*John 2:17.

The Bible does not mean that the literal earth or the starry heavens will pass away,
even as these did not pass away in Noah’s day. (Psalm 104:5) Rather, this world, with its
“heavens,” or governmental rulers under the influence of Satan, and its “earth,”
or human society, will be destroyed as if by fire. (John 14:30; 2*Corinthians 4:4)
This world, or system of things, will perish just as surely as did the world before the
Flood. Even Jesus Christ spoke about the situation in “the days of Noah” as an example of
what would happen just prior to the end of this world.—Matthew 24:37-39.

Significantly, when Jesus spoke of the days of Noah, it was in answer to his apostles’
question: “What shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?”
(Matthew 24:3, King James Version) Jesus’ followers knew that this world would end.
Did this prospect frighten them?

On the contrary, when Jesus described events that would occur prior to the world’s end,
he encouraged them to rejoice ‘because their deliverance was getting near.’ (Luke 21:28)
Yes, deliverance from Satan and his wicked system of things into a peaceful new world!—2*Peter 3:13.

But when will this world end? What “sign” did Jesus give of his “coming,
and of the end of the world”?

“The Sign”

The Greek word here translated “coming” is pa·rou·si′a, and it means “presence,” that is,
actually being on hand. So when “the sign” is seen,
it would not mean Christ was soon to come but that he had already returned and was present.
It would mean that he had begun ruling invisibly as a heavenly king and that he would soon
bring an end to his enemies.
—Revelation 12:7-12; Psalm 110:1,*2.

Jesus did not give just one event as “the sign.” He described many world events
and situations. All of these would take place during the time that Bible writers
called “the last days.” (2*Timothy 3:1-5; 2*Peter 3:3,*4) Consider some of the
things that Jesus foretold would mark “the last days.”

“Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.” (Matthew 24:7)
War in modern times has been of greater magnitude than ever before. One historian noted:
“The First World War [beginning in 1914] was the first ‘total’ war.”
Yet, the second world war was much more destructive.
And war continues to ravage the earth. Yes, Jesus’ words have undergone
fulfillment in a dramatic way!

“There will be food shortages.” (Matthew 24:7)
Following World War*I came perhaps the greatest famine in all history.
Terrible famine also followed World War*II. A scourge of malnutrition affects up to one fifth
of earth’s population, killing some 14 million children every year. Truly, there have been “food shortages”!

“There will be great earthquakes.” (Luke 21:11)
On the average, about ten times as many have died each year from earthquakes
since 1914 as in previous centuries. Consider only a few major ones: 1920, China, 200,000 killed; 1923, Japan,
some 140,000 died or disappeared; 1939, Turkey, 32,700 fatalities; 1970, Peru, 66,800 killed; and 1976, China,
about 240,000 (or, according to some sources, 800,000) casualties. Surely, “great earthquakes”!

“In one place after another pestilences.” (Luke 21:11)
Right after World War*I, some 21 million people died of the Spanish flu.
Science Digest reported: “In all history there had been no sterner, swifter
visitation of death.” Since then, heart disease, cancer, AIDS, and many other
plagues have killed hundreds of millions.

“Increasing of lawlessness.” (Matthew 24:12) Our world since 1914
has become known as one of crime and violence. In many places no one feels
safe on the streets even during the daytime. At night people stay in their homes
behind locked and barricaded doors, afraid to go outside.

Many other things were foretold to occur during the last days,
and all of these also are being fulfilled. This means the end of the world is near.
But, happily, there will be survivors. After saying “the world is passing away,”
the Bible promises: “He that does the will of God remains forever.”—1*John 2:17.
There are many other prophecies that point to the time we are in as well. Eg; The king of the North/South and The great image from Nebuchadnezzar's dream.
:ninja:

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
"...men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth..." (Luke 21:25-26).

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Being in the Hindu frame of mind I am waiting for the arrival of Kalki(Final avatar of Vishnu) to bring upon the Golden Age. It's interesting to note Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism all have saviors that come. Buddhism has Maitreya, Christianity has Christ and Hinduism has Kalki.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Being in the Hindu frame of mind I am waiting for the arrival of Kalki(Final avatar of Vishnu) to bring upon the Golden Age. It's interesting to note Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism all have saviors that come. Buddhism has Maitreya, Christianity has Christ and Hinduism has Kalki.
And Judaism has Christ as well, as they dont believe Jesus was who he says he was. They believe he was completely insane. Because you see, you either believe he is who he says he is, or he's competely insane. Thinking he was just some great inspired teacher/prophet doesnt fit because he claimed to be God. "I and the Father (God) are one" John 10:30.

The difference between Christianity and Buddhism, Hiduism, and Judaism's saviors are those last three saviors are YET to come. Christ already came and died so that men can be saved. He also warned of another coming so called "savior", the Anti-Christ. This guy will explain himself as the savior spoke of by these three religions and with his sidekick, the false prophet, will be able to fool most of the world. "The coming of the lawless one (the anti-christ) will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,
and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness." 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12. Thats the bad news. The good news is the next verse. "But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth." 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

So believe the TRUTH and as it is written:

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Corinthians 2:9

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It's true, most era's contain a lot of those things but when you examine all the scriptures some things hit you like this.

Matthew 24: [10] And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
[11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
[12] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

We have a post in general chat about friends not calling back and it's hard to find good friends. It is. It seems like you can only trust family, and even that is difficult for many. Many people seem to only trust themselves these days. People are angry these days. Anything can set one off. The hatred between eachother is bad. Whether its prejustice or whatever. It's at a higher level then we'd like to admit. We brush things off to try to act like life isn't so bad so we get through the day. So many people are on meds. Anti-depressants and for anxiety. So many people are medicated! Far more then many know. Where's the love? The love is gone. That goes along with the trust. You talk to your parents or grand parents and tell me things weren't different when they grew up? As a whole things are very bad and we choose to ignore how bad it is sometimes. It's almost like we blind ourselves to deal with the day to day life.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
I was going to say the exact same thing.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
And Judaism has Christ as well, as they dont believe Jesus was who he says he was. They believe he was completely insane. Because you see, you either believe he is who he says he is, or he's competely insane. Thinking he was just some great inspired teacher/prophet doesnt fit because he claimed to be God. "I and the Father (God) are one" John 10:30.

The difference between Christianity and Buddhism, Hiduism, and Judaism's saviors are those last three saviors are YET to come. Christ already came and died so that men can be saved. He also warned of another coming so called "savior", the Anti-Christ. This guy will explain himself as the savior spoke of by these three religions and with his sidekick, the false prophet, will be able to fool most of the world. "The coming of the lawless one (the anti-christ) will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,
and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness." 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12. Thats the bad news. The good news is the next verse. "But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth." 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

So believe the TRUTH and as it is written:

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Corinthians 2:9
The Antichrist Satan is already here. He has been here since 1914 according to the Bible and the mathematical equation contain therein, when he was cast out of heaven. Many antichrists have arisen and still do as an antichrist in general is one in opposition to Christ and his teachings.

On another note;
John 10:30-33 is also a good example of why the Trinity is BS.

27*My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28*And I give them everlasting life, and they will by no means ever be destroyed, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29*What my Father has given me is something greater than all other things, and no one can snatch them out of the hand of the Father. 30*I and the Father are one.”

31*Once more the Jews lifted up stones to stone him. 32*Jesus replied to them: “I displayed to YOU many fine works from the Father. For which of those works are YOU stoning me?” 33*The Jews answered him: “We are stoning you, not for a fine work, but for blasphemy, even because you, although being a man, make yourself a god.” 34*Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “YOU are gods”’? 35*If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, and yet the Scripture cannot be nullified, 36*do YOU say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son? 37*If I am not doing the works of my Father, do not believe me. 38*But if I am doing them, even though YOU do not believe me, believe the works, in order that YOU may come to know and may continue knowing that the Father is in union with me and I am in union with the Father.” 39*Therefore they tried again to seize him; but he got out of their reach.

Verse 30 and 38 are rarely read in context of one another in the case of trinitarians and when they are they are misunderstood because the context of scripture that contains the backing of separate entities is left out or not used in conjunction.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The Antichrist Satan is already here. He has been here since 1914 according to the Bible and the mathematical equation contain therein, when he was cast out of heaven. Many antichrists have arisen and still do as an antichrist in general is one in opposition to Christ and his teachings.

On another note;
John 10:30-33 is also a good example of why the Trinity is BS.

27*My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28*And I give them everlasting life, and they will by no means ever be destroyed, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29*What my Father has given me is something greater than all other things, and no one can snatch them out of the hand of the Father. 30*I and the Father are one.”

31*Once more the Jews lifted up stones to stone him. 32*Jesus replied to them: “I displayed to YOU many fine works from the Father. For which of those works are YOU stoning me?” 33*The Jews answered him: “We are stoning you, not for a fine work, but for blasphemy, even because you, although being a man, make yourself a god.” 34*Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “YOU are gods”’? 35*If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, and yet the Scripture cannot be nullified, 36*do YOU say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son? 37*If I am not doing the works of my Father, do not believe me. 38*But if I am doing them, even though YOU do not believe me, believe the works, in order that YOU may come to know and may continue knowing that the Father is in union with me and I am in union with the Father.” 39*Therefore they tried again to seize him; but he got out of their reach.

Verse 30 and 38 are rarely read in context of one another in the case of trinitarians and when they are they are misunderstood because the context of scripture that contains the backing of separate entities is left out or not used in conjunction.
Indeed. It is understood (to me) that the anti-christ is a spirit, not necessarily a single person. It is where this seemingly large explosions of atheism comes from(IMO). It is what I believe drove Hitler giving him both power, genius, and a desire for blood and hatred.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist...thus giving him free reign.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didnt exist...thus giving him free reign.
Couldn't agree more! If you don't believe in the devil your not aware of his ways and if your not aware of his ways he has complete control over you. He doesn't care how he misleads you, all he cares about is that you are misled. Also people that don't believe in the devil blame god for the pain and suffering when in FACT the devil/satan is the cause for all the pain and suffering in this world because he is the ruler of this world.

1 john 5:19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in the evil one.

1 peter 5:8 Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.

ephesians 6:12 -For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places

The devil even tried to mislead and tempt jesus. Here:
Matt- 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 4:2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he afterward hungered. 4:3 And the tempter came and said unto him, If thou art the Son of God, command that these stones become bread. 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DOnt forget, Jews have a messiah as well who has yet to arrive
edit: after reading over many other posts, the idea that these are the end times because of the bible will make me have no option but to leave this thread, as people are taking the bible completely out of context from the time with which it was written. Most likely 666 (the mark of the beast) was Nero. Just an FYI

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
DOnt forget, Jews have a messiah as well who has yet to arrive
edit: after reading over many other posts, the idea that these are the end times because of the bible will make me have no option but to leave this thread, as people are taking the bible completely out of context from the time with which it was written. Most likely 666 (the mark of the beast) was Nero. Just an FYI
Explain where I have taken it out of context and I will refute any and all claims you have against my words. Now on to the number "666"

Bible names often have special significance, particularly when given by God. For example, because Abram would become the father of nations, God changed the patriarch’s name to Abraham, meaning “Father of a Multitude.” (Genesis 17:5, footnote) God told Joseph and Mary to call Mary’s future child Jesus, which means “Jehovah Is Salvation.” (Matthew 1:21, footnote; Luke 1:31) In harmony with that meaningful name, through Jesus’ ministry and sacrificial death, Jehovah made possible our salvation.—John 3:16.

Accordingly, the God-given number-name 666 must symbolize what God sees as defining attributes of the beast. Naturally, to understand those traits, we need to identify the beast itself and learn about its activities.

The Beast Exposed

The Bible book of Daniel sheds much light on the meaning of symbolic beasts. Chapter*7 contains a vivid tableau of “four huge beasts”—a lion, a bear, a leopard, and a fearsome beast with big teeth of iron. (Daniel 7:2-7) Daniel tells us that these beasts represent “kings,” or political kingdoms, that rule in succession over vast empires.—Daniel 7:17,*23.

Regarding the beast of Revelation 13:1, 2, The Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible points out that it “combines in itself the joint characteristics of the four beasts of Daniel’s vision .*.*. Accordingly, this first beast [of Revelation] represents the combined forces of all political rule opposed to God in the world.” This observation is affirmed by Revelation 13:7, which says of the beast: “Authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation.”

Why does the Bible use beasts as symbols of human rulership? For at least two reasons. First, because of the beastly record of bloodshed that governments have accrued over the centuries. “War is one of the constants of history,” wrote historians Will and Ariel Durant, “and has not diminished with civilization or democracy.” How true that “man has dominated man to his injury”! (Ecclesiastes 8:9) The second reason is that “the dragon [Satan] gave to the beast its power and its throne and great authority.” (Revelation 12:9; 13:2) Accordingly, human rulership is a product of the Devil, thus reflecting his beastly, dragonlike disposition.—John 8:44; Ephesians 6:12.

This does not mean, however, that every human ruler is a direct tool of Satan. Indeed, in one sense, human governments serve as “God’s minister,” giving structure to human society, without which chaos would rule. And some leaders have protected fundamental human rights, including the right to engage in true worship—something that Satan does not want. (Romans 13:3,*4; Ezra 7:11-27; Acts 13:7) Still, because of the Devil’s influence, no human or human institution has ever been able to bring lasting peace and security to the people.—John 12:31.

“A Human Number”

A third clue to the meaning of 666 lies in its being “a man’s number,” or as The Amplified Bible puts it, “a human number.” This expression could not refer to an individual human, for Satan—not any man—has authority over the beast. (Luke 4:5,*6; 1*John 5:19; Revelation 13:2,*18) Rather, the beast’s having “a human number,” or mark, suggests that it is a human entity, not spirit or demon, and that it therefore manifests certain human traits. What might they be? The Bible answers, saying: “All [humans] have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23) The beast’s having “a human number,” therefore, indicates that governments reflect the fallen human condition, the mark of sin and imperfection.

History bears this out. “Every civilization that has ever existed has ultimately collapsed,” said former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. “History is a tale of efforts that failed, of aspirations that weren’t realized .*.*. So, as a historian, one has to live with a sense of the inevitability of tragedy.” Kissinger’s honest appraisal testifies to this fundamental Bible truth: “To earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.”—Jeremiah 10:23.

Now that we have identified the beast and discerned how God views it, we are in a position to examine the final part of our puzzle—the number six and why it is written in triple digits—that is, 666, or 600 plus 60 plus*6.

Six Repeated Three Times—Why?

In the Scriptures, certain numbers have symbolic significance. The number seven, for example, is often used to symbolize that which is complete, or perfect, in God’s eyes. For instance, God’s creative week comprises seven ‘days,’ or extended time periods, during which God completely accomplishes his creative purpose regarding the earth. (Genesis 1:3–2:3) God’s “sayings” are like silver that has been “clarified seven times,” thus perfectly refined. (Psalm 12:6; Proverbs 30:5,*6) The leper Naaman was told to bathe seven times in the Jordan River, after which he was completely healed.—2*Kings 5:10,*14.

Six is one short of seven. Would it not be a fitting symbol of something imperfect, or defective, in God’s eyes? Yes, indeed! (1*Chronicles 20:6,*7) Moreover, six repeated three times, as 666, powerfully stresses that imperfection. That this is the correct view is supported by the fact that 666 is “a human number,” as we have considered. Thus, the beast’s record, its “human number,” and the number 666 itself all point to one unmistakable conclusion—gross shortcoming and failure in the eyes of God.

The portrayal of the beast’s deficiencies calls to mind what was said about King Belshazzar of ancient Babylon. Through Daniel, God said to that ruler: “You have been weighed in the balances and have been found deficient.” That very night Belshazzar was killed, and the mighty Babylonian Empire fell. (Daniel 5:27,*30) Likewise, God’s judgment of the political beast and of those with its mark spells the end of that entity and its supporters. In this instance, however, God will eradicate not just one political system but every vestige of human rule. (Daniel 2:44; Revelation 19:19,*20) How important, therefore, that we avoid having the deadly mark of the beast!

The Mark Identified

Immediately after disclosing the number 666, Revelation mentions 144,000 followers of the Lamb, Jesus Christ, who have his name and the name of his Father, Jehovah, written on their foreheads. These names identify the bearers as belonging to Jehovah and to his Son, about whom they proudly bear witness. Likewise, those having the mark of the beast proclaim their servitude to the beast. Thus, the mark, whether on the right hand or on the forehead, figuratively speaking, is a symbol that identifies its bearer as one who gives worshipful support to the beastlike political systems of the world. Those having the mark give to “Caesar” that which rightly belongs to God. (Luke 20:25; Revelation 13:4,*8; 14:1) How? By giving worshipful honor to the political state, its symbols, and its military might, to which they look for hope and salvation. Any worship that they render the true God is merely lip service.

In contrast, the Bible urges us: “Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.” (Psalm 146:3,*4) Those who heed that wise counsel are not disillusioned when governments fail to deliver on their promises or when charismatic leaders fall from grace.—Proverbs 1:33.

This does not mean that true Christians sit back and do nothing about mankind’s plight. On the contrary, they actively proclaim the one government that will solve mankind’s problems—God’s Kingdom, which they represent.—Matthew 24:14.

God’s Kingdom—Mankind’s Only Hope

When on earth, Jesus made God’s Kingdom the main theme of his preaching. (Luke 4:43) In his model prayer, sometimes called the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus taught his followers to pray for that Kingdom to come and for God’s will to be done here on earth. (Matthew 6:9,*10) The Kingdom is a government that will rule over the entire earth, not from some earthly capital, but from heaven. Hence, Jesus called it “the kingdom of the heavens.”—Matthew 11:12.

Who is better suited to be King of that Kingdom than Jesus Christ, the one who died for his future subjects? (Isaiah 9:6,*7; John 3:16) Soon this perfect Ruler, now a mighty spirit person, will hurl the beast, its kings, and its armies into “the fiery lake that burns with sulphur,” a symbol of complete destruction. But that is not all. Jesus will also get rid of Satan, something that no human could ever do.—Revelation 11:15; 19:16, 19-21; 20:2,*10.

God’s Kingdom will bring peace to all its obedient subjects. (Psalm 37:11,*29; 46:8,*9) Even sorrow, pain, and death will be no more. What a glorious prospect for those who remain free of the mark of the beast!—Revelation 21:3,*4.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2012! stock up on your guns to fight the zombies

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Explain where I have taken it out of context and I will refute any and all claims you have against my words. Now on to the number "666"

Bible names often have special significance, particularly when given by God. For example, because Abram would become the father of nations, God changed the patriarch’s name to Abraham, meaning “Father of a Multitude.” (Genesis 17:5, footnote) God told Joseph and Mary to call Mary’s future child Jesus, which means “Jehovah Is Salvation.” (Matthew 1:21, footnote; Luke 1:31) In harmony with that meaningful name, through Jesus’ ministry and sacrificial death, Jehovah made possible our salvation.—John 3:16.

Accordingly, the God-given number-name 666 must symbolize what God sees as defining attributes of the beast. Naturally, to understand those traits, we need to identify the beast itself and learn about its activities.

The Beast Exposed

The Bible book of Daniel sheds much light on the meaning of symbolic beasts. Chapter*7 contains a vivid tableau of “four huge beasts”—a lion, a bear, a leopard, and a fearsome beast with big teeth of iron. (Daniel 7:2-7) Daniel tells us that these beasts represent “kings,” or political kingdoms, that rule in succession over vast empires.—Daniel 7:17,*23.

Regarding the beast of Revelation 13:1, 2, The Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible points out that it “combines in itself the joint characteristics of the four beasts of Daniel’s vision .*.*. Accordingly, this first beast [of Revelation] represents the combined forces of all political rule opposed to God in the world.” This observation is affirmed by Revelation 13:7, which says of the beast: “Authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation.”

Why does the Bible use beasts as symbols of human rulership? For at least two reasons. First, because of the beastly record of bloodshed that governments have accrued over the centuries. “War is one of the constants of history,” wrote historians Will and Ariel Durant, “and has not diminished with civilization or democracy.” How true that “man has dominated man to his injury”! (Ecclesiastes 8:9) The second reason is that “the dragon [Satan] gave to the beast its power and its throne and great authority.” (Revelation 12:9; 13:2) Accordingly, human rulership is a product of the Devil, thus reflecting his beastly, dragonlike disposition.—John 8:44; Ephesians 6:12.

This does not mean, however, that every human ruler is a direct tool of Satan. Indeed, in one sense, human governments serve as “God’s minister,” giving structure to human society, without which chaos would rule. And some leaders have protected fundamental human rights, including the right to engage in true worship—something that Satan does not want. (Romans 13:3,*4; Ezra 7:11-27; Acts 13:7) Still, because of the Devil’s influence, no human or human institution has ever been able to bring lasting peace and security to the people.—John 12:31.

“A Human Number”

A third clue to the meaning of 666 lies in its being “a man’s number,” or as The Amplified Bible puts it, “a human number.” This expression could not refer to an individual human, for Satan—not any man—has authority over the beast. (Luke 4:5,*6; 1*John 5:19; Revelation 13:2,*18) Rather, the beast’s having “a human number,” or mark, suggests that it is a human entity, not spirit or demon, and that it therefore manifests certain human traits. What might they be? The Bible answers, saying: “All [humans] have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23) The beast’s having “a human number,” therefore, indicates that governments reflect the fallen human condition, the mark of sin and imperfection.

History bears this out. “Every civilization that has ever existed has ultimately collapsed,” said former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. “History is a tale of efforts that failed, of aspirations that weren’t realized .*.*. So, as a historian, one has to live with a sense of the inevitability of tragedy.” Kissinger’s honest appraisal testifies to this fundamental Bible truth: “To earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.”—Jeremiah 10:23.

Now that we have identified the beast and discerned how God views it, we are in a position to examine the final part of our puzzle—the number six and why it is written in triple digits—that is, 666, or 600 plus 60 plus*6.

Six Repeated Three Times—Why?

In the Scriptures, certain numbers have symbolic significance. The number seven, for example, is often used to symbolize that which is complete, or perfect, in God’s eyes. For instance, God’s creative week comprises seven ‘days,’ or extended time periods, during which God completely accomplishes his creative purpose regarding the earth. (Genesis 1:3–2:3) God’s “sayings” are like silver that has been “clarified seven times,” thus perfectly refined. (Psalm 12:6; Proverbs 30:5,*6) The leper Naaman was told to bathe seven times in the Jordan River, after which he was completely healed.—2*Kings 5:10,*14.

Six is one short of seven. Would it not be a fitting symbol of something imperfect, or defective, in God’s eyes? Yes, indeed! (1*Chronicles 20:6,*7) Moreover, six repeated three times, as 666, powerfully stresses that imperfection. That this is the correct view is supported by the fact that 666 is “a human number,” as we have considered. Thus, the beast’s record, its “human number,” and the number 666 itself all point to one unmistakable conclusion—gross shortcoming and failure in the eyes of God.

The portrayal of the beast’s deficiencies calls to mind what was said about King Belshazzar of ancient Babylon. Through Daniel, God said to that ruler: “You have been weighed in the balances and have been found deficient.” That very night Belshazzar was killed, and the mighty Babylonian Empire fell. (Daniel 5:27,*30) Likewise, God’s judgment of the political beast and of those with its mark spells the end of that entity and its supporters. In this instance, however, God will eradicate not just one political system but every vestige of human rule. (Daniel 2:44; Revelation 19:19,*20) How important, therefore, that we avoid having the deadly mark of the beast!

The Mark Identified

Immediately after disclosing the number 666, Revelation mentions 144,000 followers of the Lamb, Jesus Christ, who have his name and the name of his Father, Jehovah, written on their foreheads. These names identify the bearers as belonging to Jehovah and to his Son, about whom they proudly bear witness. Likewise, those having the mark of the beast proclaim their servitude to the beast. Thus, the mark, whether on the right hand or on the forehead, figuratively speaking, is a symbol that identifies its bearer as one who gives worshipful support to the beastlike political systems of the world. Those having the mark give to “Caesar” that which rightly belongs to God. (Luke 20:25; Revelation 13:4,*8; 14:1) How? By giving worshipful honor to the political state, its symbols, and its military might, to which they look for hope and salvation. Any worship that they render the true God is merely lip service.

In contrast, the Bible urges us: “Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.” (Psalm 146:3,*4) Those who heed that wise counsel are not disillusioned when governments fail to deliver on their promises or when charismatic leaders fall from grace.—Proverbs 1:33.

This does not mean that true Christians sit back and do nothing about mankind’s plight. On the contrary, they actively proclaim the one government that will solve mankind’s problems—God’s Kingdom, which they represent.—Matthew 24:14.

God’s Kingdom—Mankind’s Only Hope

When on earth, Jesus made God’s Kingdom the main theme of his preaching. (Luke 4:43) In his model prayer, sometimes called the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus taught his followers to pray for that Kingdom to come and for God’s will to be done here on earth. (Matthew 6:9,*10) The Kingdom is a government that will rule over the entire earth, not from some earthly capital, but from heaven. Hence, Jesus called it “the kingdom of the heavens.”—Matthew 11:12.

Who is better suited to be King of that Kingdom than Jesus Christ, the one who died for his future subjects? (Isaiah 9:6,*7; John 3:16) Soon this perfect Ruler, now a mighty spirit person, will hurl the beast, its kings, and its armies into “the fiery lake that burns with sulphur,” a symbol of complete destruction. But that is not all. Jesus will also get rid of Satan, something that no human could ever do.—Revelation 11:15; 19:16, 19-21; 20:2,*10.

God’s Kingdom will bring peace to all its obedient subjects. (Psalm 37:11,*29; 46:8,*9) Even sorrow, pain, and death will be no more. What a glorious prospect for those who remain free of the mark of the beast!—Revelation 21:3,*4.
Again, you and I are not going to agree, as you are quoting the text to prove the text. That in and of itself is fallacious IMO.

In terms of 666, the reference to Nero was based on the time of the creation of the text and the behavior of the "king" that many were familiar with at the time. I am certain you know your Roman history and understand their treatment of Jews and Christians alike. So the most plausable conclusion is usually the correct one.

Good day

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
.against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Interesting quote that one. Also translated " ruler of the kingdom of the air" (NIV), "prince of the power of the air" (English Standard Version and King James Version) as well as "ruler of the authority of the air" (Young's literal translation).

A lot of bible scholars call this figurative language. I believe it to be literal.
"And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of THE HIGH ONES THAT ARE ON HIGH, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. And they shall be gathered together,as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited." Isaiah 24:21

http://www.mt.net/~watcher/endtimedelusion.html