Any one else notice this trend lately...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Elite Member
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7015
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    27.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Any one else notice this trend lately...


    half the movies that have come out, a good chunk of books, and general talk all often involve some sort of apocalypse anymore. Everything is about the end of mankind nowadays. Be it zombie apocalypse, war induced apocalypse, faith induced apocalypse, viral/bacterial induced apocalypse its a huge trend.

    Fascinating in some aspects, but yet at the same time I am wondering(though some of you may have an equal understanding/idea) about what it is fascinating people with the end of humanity. While I read the Good Book, and I have my reason, I am interested in others ideas on the worldwide fascination with our end.

  2. Banned
    H8dook's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    98
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    87.92%

    It's called jumping on the 2012 mayan calendar bandwagon!
  3. Board Supporter
    xtraflossy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    12331
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    21.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Don't know , but more then likely it's the 2012 date approaching.

    I for one, after years of training, am MORE then prepaired for a zombie apocalypse.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2370
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    34.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ^^^^i'm on his team
  5. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,505
    Rep Power
    1097383
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    its all about 2012. However it is not just the Maya. Countless civilizations predicted the 2012 date, so it makes for good monetary value
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  6. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    18675
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    38.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    half the movies that have come out, a good chunk of books, and general talk all often involve some sort of apocalypse anymore. Everything is about the end of mankind nowadays. Be it zombie apocalypse, war induced apocalypse, faith induced apocalypse, viral/bacterial induced apocalypse its a huge trend.

    Fascinating in some aspects, but yet at the same time I am wondering(though some of you may have an equal understanding/idea) about what it is fascinating people with the end of humanity. While I read the Good Book, and I have my reason, I am interested in others ideas on the worldwide fascination with our end.
    ..
    Disaster movies have been hits since the early 80s...zombies since the mid 70s. It's nothing new, its just a different focus. Instead of a small town its the whole world now, same book different cover...
    And one main reason for these is that people have always been intrigued by that of which they know little or none at all. This is how we have come across many discoveries, some by accident albeit.
    The thought of the unknown drives a man, that is the real question. Why does the thought of the unknown? not knowing when this world will end or what will happen to you today, why does that intrigue us so.
  7. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    18675
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    38.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    People will also prey on individual mindset and the closure it gets to 2012, the more movies you will see about world disaster. People are intrigued by that unknown factor so ill make a movie shoipwing how it could all end......I'll tell you how the world ends....in a box with some dirt tossed over you, if you are lucky.
  8. New Member
    wolverines's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    361
    Rep Power
    50022
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    55.63%

    Im really gettin sick and tired of all this pu**y vampire love shyt going on. Everywhere you look theres either a movie or television show about vampire drama... If I hear one more thing about twilight or vampire diaries im gonna snap lol
  9. Elite Member
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17441
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    92.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    a zombie outbreak would solve America's obesity epidemic....
    SFW and GFH
  10. Advanced Member
    Jake Fires's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    27
    Posts
    546
    Rep Power
    340
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    20.84%

    "no man knows the exact time of the worlds end" - GOD

    so always be ready. spiritually, mentally.
  11. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,262
    Rep Power
    234821
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    2012 is bull****, world doesnt / wont

    zombie apocolypse is also bs. ****ing if for some reason it ever happened, wait on your roof 2 weeks and all teh zombies will starve to death lol.

    all these theories are stupid, broadcasting is milking them to get ratings.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  12. New Member
    buuzer0's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    298
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    10.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    2012 is bull****, world doesnt / wont

    zombie apocolypse is also bs. ****ing if for some reason it ever happened, wait on your roof 2 weeks and all teh zombies will starve to death lol.

    all these theories are stupid, broadcasting is milking them to get ratings.
    Nah man, if they're like the zombies from Return of the Living Dead that won't happen. Those zombies are pretty much invincible. I don't think they need food to live, and if you chop one up the pieces are still moving around! Bullets alone won't kill them, and if you burn them up, the ash seeds the clouds with the chemical that made them zombies (trioxin) and when it rains, you have even MORE zombies!

    If they're more like "infected" though, then yeah, they can and probably will starve... but you'll probably starve first!

    Then, if they're magic zombies, you got a whole other deal.

    Sorry dude.
  13. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,505
    Rep Power
    1097383
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    man, it goes from Maya prophecy and the Dresden Codex to Zombies?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  14. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    18675
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    38.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Show the zombies a pic of charles manson and ozzy osborne, if they don't die laughing then nothing will kill them...
  15. New Member
    Lacradocious's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    21.14%

    Some of them focus on humanity like 2012 or Book of Eli. The Road focuses mostly on the characters rather than the event of apocalypse.

    It's all just a current fad like the lame blue moon vampire crap.

    However, I thoroughly enjoy zombie movies and the like. You never know how it could happen. Maybe a mutated rabies virus spreads rabidly into the human race making people crazy, deranged cannibals. Or maybe we are visited by aliens that bring some weird disease.

    But whatever. It's always good to have a contigency plan. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail so I got a nice stash if you know what I mean.

    Bring on the zombies motherfukcer, I'm ready.
  16. Advanced Member
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    594
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    9.56%

    2 Timothy 3:1-17
    1 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.
    8 Now in the way that Jan´nes and Jam´bres resisted Moses, so these also go on resisting the truth, men completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. 9 Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their madness will be very plain to all, even as the [madness] of those [two men] became. 10 But you have closely followed my teaching, my course of life, my purpose, my faith, my long-suffering, my love, my endurance, 11 my persecutions, my sufferings, the sort of things that happened to me in Antioch, in I·co´ni·um, in Lys´tra, the sort of persecutions I have borne; and yet out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted. 13 But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.
    14 You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from what persons you learned them 15 and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through the faith in connection with Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.


    Matthew 24:1-51
    1 Departing now, Jesus was on his way from the temple, but his disciples approached to show him the buildings of the temple. 2 In response he said to them: “Do YOU not behold all these things? Truly I say to YOU, By no means will a stone be left here upon a stone and not be thrown down.”
    3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
    4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.
    7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
    9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
    15 “Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) 16 then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains. 17 Let the man on the housetop not come down to take the goods out of his house; 18 and let the man in the field not return to the house to pick up his outer garment. 19 Woe to the pregnant women and those suckling a baby in those days! 20 Keep praying that YOUR flight may not occur in wintertime, nor on the sabbath day; 21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.
    23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it. 27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
    29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.
    32 “Now learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also YOU, when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.
    36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned; 41 two women will be grinding at the hand mill: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned. 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming.
    43 “But know one thing, that if the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.
    45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.
    48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

    Luke 21:1-38
    1 Now as he looked up he saw the rich dropping their gifts into the treasury chests. 2 Then he saw a certain needy widow drop two small coins of very little value there, 3 and he said: “I tell YOU truthfully, This widow, although poor, dropped in more than they all did. 4 For all these dropped in gifts out of their surplus, but this [woman] out of her want dropped in all the means of living she had.”
    5 Later, as certain ones were speaking concerning the temple, how it was adorned with fine stones and dedicated things, 6 he said: “As for these things that YOU are beholding, the days will come in which not a stone upon a stone will be left here and not be thrown down.” 7 Then they questioned him, saying: “Teacher, when will these things actually be, and what will be the sign when these things are destined to occur?” 8 He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them. 9 Furthermore, when YOU hear of wars and disorders, do not be terrified. For these things must occur first, but the end does not [occur] immediately.”
    10 Then he went on to say to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; 11 and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.
    12 “But before all these things people will lay their hands upon YOU and persecute YOU, delivering YOU up to the synagogues and prisons, YOU being haled before kings and governors for the sake of my name. 13 It will turn out to YOU for a witness. 14 Therefore settle it in YOUR hearts not to rehearse beforehand how to make YOUR defense, 15 for I will give YOU a mouth and wisdom, which all YOUR opposers together will not be able to resist or dispute. 16 Moreover, YOU will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of YOU to death; 17 and YOU will be objects of hatred by all people because of my name. 18 And yet not a hair of YOUR heads will by any means perish. 19 By endurance on YOUR part YOU will acquire YOUR souls.
    20 “Furthermore, when YOU see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies, then know that the desolating of her has drawn near. 21 Then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains, and let those in the midst of her withdraw, and let those in the country places not enter into her; 22 because these are days for meting out justice, that all the things written may be fulfilled. 23 Woe to the pregnant women and the ones suckling a baby in those days! For there will be great necessity upon the land and wrath on this people; 24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled.
    25 “Also, there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and [its] agitation, 26 while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 But as these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift YOUR heads up, because YOUR deliverance is getting near.”
    29 With that he spoke an illustration to them: “Note the fig tree and all the other trees: 30 When they are already in the bud, by observing it YOU know for yourselves that now the summer is near. 31 In this way YOU also, when YOU see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 Truly I say to YOU, This generation will by no means pass away until all things occur. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.
    34 “But pay attention to yourselves that YOUR hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon YOU 35 as a snare. For it will come in upon all those dwelling upon the face of all the earth. 36 Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that YOU may succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur, and in standing before the Son of man.”
    37 So by day he would be teaching in the temple, but by night he would go out and lodge on the mountain called the Mount of Olives. 38 And all the people would come early in the day to him in the temple to hear him.



    People feel something, they know something is getting worse...but they can't put their finger on it.

    Psalms 92:7
    7 When the wicked ones sprout as the vegetation
    And all the practicers of what is hurtful blossom forth,
    It is that they may be annihilated forever.
  17. New Member
    Carcaya's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    302
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    60.42%

    God is too busy bodybuilding to end the world anytime soon.
  18. Cassavus
    Guest
    Cassavus's Avatar

    ^^^I'm not going to quote all that, but well put Ronin!
  19. New Member
    BigNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    235
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    48.96%

    Hollywood is conditioning the masses for what is soon to come.
  20. New Member
    marco wolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    258
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    52.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacradocious View Post
    Some of them focus on humanity like 2012 or Book of Eli. The Road focuses mostly on the characters rather than the event of apocalypse.

    It's all just a current fad like the lame blue moon vampire crap.

    However, I thoroughly enjoy zombie movies and the like. You never know how it could happen. Maybe a mutated rabies virus spreads rabidly into the human race making people crazy, deranged cannibals. Or maybe we are visited by aliens that bring some weird disease.

    But whatever. It's always good to have a contigency plan. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail so I got a nice stash if you know what I mean.

    Bring on the zombies motherfukcer, I'm ready.

    Here's the Zombie Survival Guide, written by Max Brooks.

    http://fliiby.com/file/12221/zrm7b0ir5i.html
  21. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    18675
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    38.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    2 Timothy 3:1-17
    1 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.
    8 Now in the way that Jan´nes and Jam´bres resisted Moses, so these also go on resisting the truth, men completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. 9 Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their madness will be very plain to all, even as the [madness] of those [two men] became. 10 But you have closely followed my teaching, my course of life, my purpose, my faith, my long-suffering, my love, my endurance, 11 my persecutions, my sufferings, the sort of things that happened to me in Antioch, in I·co´ni·um, in Lys´tra, the sort of persecutions I have borne; and yet out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted. 13 But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.
    14 You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from what persons you learned them 15 and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through the faith in connection with Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.


    Matthew 24:1-51
    1 Departing now, Jesus was on his way from the temple, but his disciples approached to show him the buildings of the temple. 2 In response he said to them: “Do YOU not behold all these things? Truly I say to YOU, By no means will a stone be left here upon a stone and not be thrown down.”
    3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
    4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.
    7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
    9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
    15 “Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) 16 then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains. 17 Let the man on the housetop not come down to take the goods out of his house; 18 and let the man in the field not return to the house to pick up his outer garment. 19 Woe to the pregnant women and those suckling a baby in those days! 20 Keep praying that YOUR flight may not occur in wintertime, nor on the sabbath day; 21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.
    23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it. 27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
    29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.
    32 “Now learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also YOU, when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.
    36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned; 41 two women will be grinding at the hand mill: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned. 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming.
    43 “But know one thing, that if the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.
    45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.
    48 “But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

    Luke 21:1-38
    1 Now as he looked up he saw the rich dropping their gifts into the treasury chests. 2 Then he saw a certain needy widow drop two small coins of very little value there, 3 and he said: “I tell YOU truthfully, This widow, although poor, dropped in more than they all did. 4 For all these dropped in gifts out of their surplus, but this [woman] out of her want dropped in all the means of living she had.”
    5 Later, as certain ones were speaking concerning the temple, how it was adorned with fine stones and dedicated things, 6 he said: “As for these things that YOU are beholding, the days will come in which not a stone upon a stone will be left here and not be thrown down.” 7 Then they questioned him, saying: “Teacher, when will these things actually be, and what will be the sign when these things are destined to occur?” 8 He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them. 9 Furthermore, when YOU hear of wars and disorders, do not be terrified. For these things must occur first, but the end does not [occur] immediately.”
    10 Then he went on to say to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; 11 and there will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another pestilences and food shortages; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.
    12 “But before all these things people will lay their hands upon YOU and persecute YOU, delivering YOU up to the synagogues and prisons, YOU being haled before kings and governors for the sake of my name. 13 It will turn out to YOU for a witness. 14 Therefore settle it in YOUR hearts not to rehearse beforehand how to make YOUR defense, 15 for I will give YOU a mouth and wisdom, which all YOUR opposers together will not be able to resist or dispute. 16 Moreover, YOU will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of YOU to death; 17 and YOU will be objects of hatred by all people because of my name. 18 And yet not a hair of YOUR heads will by any means perish. 19 By endurance on YOUR part YOU will acquire YOUR souls.
    20 “Furthermore, when YOU see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies, then know that the desolating of her has drawn near. 21 Then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains, and let those in the midst of her withdraw, and let those in the country places not enter into her; 22 because these are days for meting out justice, that all the things written may be fulfilled. 23 Woe to the pregnant women and the ones suckling a baby in those days! For there will be great necessity upon the land and wrath on this people; 24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled.
    25 “Also, there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and [its] agitation, 26 while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 But as these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift YOUR heads up, because YOUR deliverance is getting near.”
    29 With that he spoke an illustration to them: “Note the fig tree and all the other trees: 30 When they are already in the bud, by observing it YOU know for yourselves that now the summer is near. 31 In this way YOU also, when YOU see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near. 32 Truly I say to YOU, This generation will by no means pass away until all things occur. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.
    34 “But pay attention to yourselves that YOUR hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon YOU 35 as a snare. For it will come in upon all those dwelling upon the face of all the earth. 36 Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that YOU may succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur, and in standing before the Son of man.”
    37 So by day he would be teaching in the temple, but by night he would go out and lodge on the mountain called the Mount of Olives. 38 And all the people would come early in the day to him in the temple to hear him.



    People feel something, they know something is getting worse...but they can't put their finger on it.

    Psalms 92:7
    7 When the wicked ones sprout as the vegetation
    And all the practicers of what is hurtful blossom forth,
    It is that they may be annihilated forever.
    ^Strange, seeing as I feel this has been happening since existence but i digress...I cannot name one era that did not involve 99% to each of what you quoted...again though...
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  22. Banned
    FNG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    43.62%

    Indeed. Everyone thinks that the end of days is near; although, I’ve read that past generations thought the same. They used the same quotes, just with different circumstance attached to it. I wish people would just live their lives and stop throwing a fictional book on the table and call it real. I am sure that I will catch some slack for my view here, but I expect the stones to come from THOSE people's hands anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    ^Strange, seeing as I feel this has been happening since existence but i digress...I cannot name one era that did not involve 99% to each of what you quoted...again though...
  23. Banned
    FNG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    43.62%

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNutz View Post
    Hollywood is conditioning the masses for what is soon to come.
    And what is that, a new conspiracy theory after 2012 comes and goes?
  24. New Member
    BigNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    235
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    48.96%

    Who said anything about 2012? I was inferring that other events down the road (how far down, no one knows) are what they are getting the sheep ready for.

    There are a lot of ex-military intelligence officers who have come forward, and the claims they have made are mind blowing. A couple of these guys, William Cooper, Phil Schneider, amongst others, have died under suspect circumstances right after disclosing their info.

    How deep does the rabbit hole go? Deeper then I would have ever imagined. Be warned though, taking a genuine open minded interest in this stuff, and researching, can be a recipe for disaster.

    Beware of opening doors, as some can be harder to close again than others.
  25. Elite Member
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7015
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    27.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    The past has claimed it yes...but the past never had bio-chemical weapons capable of wiping out our entire species, nuclear weapons, a planet beginning its death throes, overpopulation of our species, and a technology based environment....

    In the last 50 years we wrote a hell of a good recipe for the end of our species...

    All it takes is one perfect bio-engineered virus...and we could be done.
  26. Banned
    FNG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    43.62%

    Bio-Chem weapons were around when the first man walked the planet. It's the greed of self that creates usage for such weapons. I still think that most need to just live and not worry so much about death; we all are going to die regardless. Why not smile and help those who need a hand? No matter what anyone is going through in life, someone else has it worse. We are nothing more than passengers in the end.
  27. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,505
    Rep Power
    1097383
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNutz View Post
    Who said anything about 2012? I was inferring that other events down the road (how far down, no one knows) are what they are getting the sheep ready for.

    There are a lot of ex-military intelligence officers who have come forward, and the claims they have made are mind blowing. A couple of these guys, William Cooper, Phil Schneider, amongst others, have died under suspect circumstances right after disclosing their info.

    How deep does the rabbit hole go? Deeper then I would have ever imagined. Be warned though, taking a genuine open minded interest in this stuff, and researching, can be a recipe for disaster.

    Beware of opening doors, as some can be harder to close again than others.
    using Cooper as an example? Seriously?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  28. New Member
    marco wolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    258
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    52.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    using Cooper as an example? Seriously?
    Next it'll be David Icke.
  29. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    18675
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    38.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNutz View Post
    Who said anything about 2012? I was inferring that other events down the road (how far down, no one knows) are what they are getting the sheep ready for.

    There are a lot of ex-military intelligence officers who have come forward, and the claims they have made are mind blowing. A couple of these guys, William Cooper, Phil Schneider, amongst others, have died under suspect circumstances right after disclosing their info.

    How deep does the rabbit hole go? Deeper then I would have ever imagined. Be warned though, taking a genuine open minded interest in this stuff, and researching, can be a recipe for disaster.

    Beware of opening doors, as some can be harder to close again than others.
    There is a reason why people get media coverage, most of them hype stories...some just flat out lie and a small percentage tell the truth...
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  30. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,714
    Rep Power
    513546
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Les Bell on line 2.

    EVERY generation has thought the following generation was going down the wrong path...and you can find plenty of examples of this in literature that predates the Bible by 4,000 to 6,000 years.

    I basically think it's human tendency to get tired of what humanity has to offer and secretly..or not so secretly want it all to end so they can say "I told ya so....sinners!".

    Claims that the ENTIRE human race will go extinct are pretty indicative of this mindset, Even unleashing a heck of nuclear, chemical, biological and conventional war, our species is hella adaptable and there's a lot of places we can eek out a survival based existence..not to mention a lot of remote landscapes.

    Zombie-based fiction really got its start in 1956 when Richard Matheson penned "I Am Legend". Even though it's largely about "vampires" the vampires are mostly mindless and zombie-like, a theme that the movie used.
  31. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,505
    Rep Power
    1097383
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by marco wolf View Post
    Next it'll be David Icke.
    all the worlds problems are reptilian, and hell every president has been one too
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  32. New Member
    marco wolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    258
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    52.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    all the worlds problems are reptilian, and hell every president has been one too
    Those pesky Freemasonic, blood-drinking, Reptilian shape-shifters.

    Even Boxcar Willy was a Reptile, ffs.
  33. Advanced Member
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    594
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    9.56%

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    ^Strange, seeing as I feel this has been happening since existence but i digress...I cannot name one era that did not involve 99% to each of what you quoted...again though...

    This reminds me of people who think as you do and reinforces my studies of the bible.

    Peter 3:1-18
    1 Beloved ones, this is now the second letter I am writing YOU, in which, as in my first one,
    I am arousing YOUR clear thinking faculties by way of a reminder, 2 that YOU should remember
    the sayings previously spoken by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior
    through YOUR apostles. 3 For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers
    with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4 and saying: “Where is this promised
    presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death],
    all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”


    Continuing where I left off.

    Will This World Survive?

    No other generation has heard so much talk about the end of the world.
    Many fear that the world will end in a nuclear holocaust.
    Others think that pollution may destroy the world.
    Still others worry that economic chaos will set masses of humanity against one another.

    Could this world really end? If it did, what would it mean?
    Has a world ever ended before?

    A World Ends—Another Replaces It

    Yes, a world did end. Consider the world that became very wicked in the days of Noah.
    The Bible explains: “The world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water.” The Bible also says: “[God] did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people.”—2*Peter 2:5; 3:6.

    When Jesus spoke about the great Flood, he told his disciples about what the people had been doing just before the end came. This is what he said to them: “In those days before the flood, [people were] eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away.” Then Jesus said that people would be acting just like that before this world ends.—Matthew 24:37-39

    Note what the end of that world meant and what it did not mean.
    It did not mean the end of humankind. Noah and his family survived the global Flood.
    So did the planet Earth and the beautiful starry heavens.
    It was “a world of ungodly people” that perished, a wicked system of things.

    Eventually, as Noah’s offspring increased, another world developed.
    That second world, or system of things, has existed down to our day.
    Its history has been filled with war, crime, and violence.
    What will happen to this world? Will it survive?

    The Future of This World

    After saying the world in Noah’s day suffered destruction, the Bible account continues:
    “By the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire.”
    (2*Peter 3:7) Indeed, as another Bible writer explains: “The world [the one existing today]
    is passing away.”—1*John 2:17.

    The Bible does not mean that the literal earth or the starry heavens will pass away,
    even as these did not pass away in Noah’s day. (Psalm 104:5) Rather, this world, with its
    “heavens,” or governmental rulers under the influence of Satan, and its “earth,”
    or human society, will be destroyed as if by fire. (John 14:30; 2*Corinthians 4:4)
    This world, or system of things, will perish just as surely as did the world before the
    Flood. Even Jesus Christ spoke about the situation in “the days of Noah” as an example of
    what would happen just prior to the end of this world.—Matthew 24:37-39.

    Significantly, when Jesus spoke of the days of Noah, it was in answer to his apostles’
    question: “What shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?”
    (Matthew 24:3, King James Version) Jesus’ followers knew that this world would end.
    Did this prospect frighten them?

    On the contrary, when Jesus described events that would occur prior to the world’s end,
    he encouraged them to rejoice ‘because their deliverance was getting near.’ (Luke 21:28)
    Yes, deliverance from Satan and his wicked system of things into a peaceful new world!—2*Peter 3:13.

    But when will this world end? What “sign” did Jesus give of his “coming,
    and of the end of the world”?

    “The Sign”

    The Greek word here translated “coming” is pa·rou·si′a, and it means “presence,” that is,
    actually being on hand. So when “the sign” is seen,
    it would not mean Christ was soon to come but that he had already returned and was present.
    It would mean that he had begun ruling invisibly as a heavenly king and that he would soon
    bring an end to his enemies.
    —Revelation 12:7-12; Psalm 110:1,*2.

    Jesus did not give just one event as “the sign.” He described many world events
    and situations. All of these would take place during the time that Bible writers
    called “the last days.” (2*Timothy 3:1-5; 2*Peter 3:3,*4) Consider some of the
    things that Jesus foretold would mark “the last days.”

    “Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.” (Matthew 24:7)
    War in modern times has been of greater magnitude than ever before. One historian noted:
    “The First World War [beginning in 1914] was the first ‘total’ war.”
    Yet, the second world war was much more destructive.
    And war continues to ravage the earth. Yes, Jesus’ words have undergone
    fulfillment in a dramatic way!

    “There will be food shortages.” (Matthew 24:7)
    Following World War*I came perhaps the greatest famine in all history.
    Terrible famine also followed World War*II. A scourge of malnutrition affects up to one fifth
    of earth’s population, killing some 14 million children every year. Truly, there have been “food shortages”!

    “There will be great earthquakes.” (Luke 21:11)
    On the average, about ten times as many have died each year from earthquakes
    since 1914 as in previous centuries. Consider only a few major ones: 1920, China, 200,000 killed; 1923, Japan,
    some 140,000 died or disappeared; 1939, Turkey, 32,700 fatalities; 1970, Peru, 66,800 killed; and 1976, China,
    about 240,000 (or, according to some sources, 800,000) casualties. Surely, “great earthquakes”!

    “In one place after another pestilences.” (Luke 21:11)
    Right after World War*I, some 21 million people died of the Spanish flu.
    Science Digest reported: “In all history there had been no sterner, swifter
    visitation of death.” Since then, heart disease, cancer, AIDS, and many other
    plagues have killed hundreds of millions.

    “Increasing of lawlessness.” (Matthew 24:12) Our world since 1914
    has become known as one of crime and violence. In many places no one feels
    safe on the streets even during the daytime. At night people stay in their homes
    behind locked and barricaded doors, afraid to go outside.

    Many other things were foretold to occur during the last days,
    and all of these also are being fulfilled. This means the end of the world is near.
    But, happily, there will be survivors. After saying “the world is passing away,”
    the Bible promises: “He that does the will of God remains forever.”—1*John 2:17.
    There are many other prophecies that point to the time we are in as well. Eg; The king of the North/South and The great image from Nebuchadnezzar's dream.
  34. Elite Member
    andrew732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,756
    Rep Power
    781740
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    8.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    ^^^ INDEED!
    doing my own thang!
  35. New Member
    BigNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    235
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    48.96%

    "...men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth..." (Luke 21:25-26).
  36. Senior Member
    DerickVonD's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,343
    Rep Power
    34870
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    95.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Being in the Hindu frame of mind I am waiting for the arrival of Kalki(Final avatar of Vishnu) to bring upon the Golden Age. It's interesting to note Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism all have saviors that come. Buddhism has Maitreya, Christianity has Christ and Hinduism has Kalki.
  37. New Member
    BigNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    235
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    48.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Being in the Hindu frame of mind I am waiting for the arrival of Kalki(Final avatar of Vishnu) to bring upon the Golden Age. It's interesting to note Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism all have saviors that come. Buddhism has Maitreya, Christianity has Christ and Hinduism has Kalki.
    And Judaism has Christ as well, as they dont believe Jesus was who he says he was. They believe he was completely insane. Because you see, you either believe he is who he says he is, or he's competely insane. Thinking he was just some great inspired teacher/prophet doesnt fit because he claimed to be God. "I and the Father (God) are one" John 10:30.

    The difference between Christianity and Buddhism, Hiduism, and Judaism's saviors are those last three saviors are YET to come. Christ already came and died so that men can be saved. He also warned of another coming so called "savior", the Anti-Christ. This guy will explain himself as the savior spoke of by these three religions and with his sidekick, the false prophet, will be able to fool most of the world. "The coming of the lawless one (the anti-christ) will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,
    and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness." 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12. Thats the bad news. The good news is the next verse. "But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth." 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

    So believe the TRUTH and as it is written:

    "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Corinthians 2:9
  38. Senior Member
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1404
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    5.93%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    ^Strange, seeing as I feel this has been happening since existence but i digress...I cannot name one era that did not involve 99% to each of what you quoted...again though...
    It's true, most era's contain a lot of those things but when you examine all the scriptures some things hit you like this.

    Matthew 24: [10] And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
    [11] And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
    [12] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

    We have a post in general chat about friends not calling back and it's hard to find good friends. It is. It seems like you can only trust family, and even that is difficult for many. Many people seem to only trust themselves these days. People are angry these days. Anything can set one off. The hatred between eachother is bad. Whether its prejustice or whatever. It's at a higher level then we'd like to admit. We brush things off to try to act like life isn't so bad so we get through the day. So many people are on meds. Anti-depressants and for anxiety. So many people are medicated! Far more then many know. Where's the love? The love is gone. That goes along with the trust. You talk to your parents or grand parents and tell me things weren't different when they grew up? As a whole things are very bad and we choose to ignore how bad it is sometimes. It's almost like we blind ourselves to deal with the day to day life.
    “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  39. Senior Member
    n8te's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,396
    Rep Power
    806
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    61.39%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    ^Strange, seeing as I feel this has been happening since existence but i digress...I cannot name one era that did not involve 99% to each of what you quoted...again though...
    I was going to say the exact same thing.
  40. Advanced Member
    TheLastRonin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    959
    Rep Power
    594
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    9.56%

    Quote Originally Posted by BigNutz View Post
    And Judaism has Christ as well, as they dont believe Jesus was who he says he was. They believe he was completely insane. Because you see, you either believe he is who he says he is, or he's competely insane. Thinking he was just some great inspired teacher/prophet doesnt fit because he claimed to be God. "I and the Father (God) are one" John 10:30.

    The difference between Christianity and Buddhism, Hiduism, and Judaism's saviors are those last three saviors are YET to come. Christ already came and died so that men can be saved. He also warned of another coming so called "savior", the Anti-Christ. This guy will explain himself as the savior spoke of by these three religions and with his sidekick, the false prophet, will be able to fool most of the world. "The coming of the lawless one (the anti-christ) will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,
    and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness." 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12. Thats the bad news. The good news is the next verse. "But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth." 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

    So believe the TRUTH and as it is written:

    "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Corinthians 2:9
    The Antichrist Satan is already here. He has been here since 1914 according to the Bible and the mathematical equation contain therein, when he was cast out of heaven. Many antichrists have arisen and still do as an antichrist in general is one in opposition to Christ and his teachings.

    On another note;
    John 10:30-33 is also a good example of why the Trinity is BS.

    27*My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28*And I give them everlasting life, and they will by no means ever be destroyed, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29*What my Father has given me is something greater than all other things, and no one can snatch them out of the hand of the Father. 30*I and the Father are one.”

    31*Once more the Jews lifted up stones to stone him. 32*Jesus replied to them: “I displayed to YOU many fine works from the Father. For which of those works are YOU stoning me?” 33*The Jews answered him: “We are stoning you, not for a fine work, but for blasphemy, even because you, although being a man, make yourself a god.” 34*Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “YOU are gods”’? 35*If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, and yet the Scripture cannot be nullified, 36*do YOU say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son? 37*If I am not doing the works of my Father, do not believe me. 38*But if I am doing them, even though YOU do not believe me, believe the works, in order that YOU may come to know and may continue knowing that the Father is in union with me and I am in union with the Father.” 39*Therefore they tried again to seize him; but he got out of their reach.


    Verse 30 and 38 are rarely read in context of one another in the case of trinitarians and when they are they are misunderstood because the context of scripture that contains the backing of separate entities is left out or not used in conjunction.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. lol anyone else notice this?
    By soontobbeast in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 02:01 PM
  2. Keep an eye out for this dumb trend
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 08:20 PM
  3. Odd Trend with New PCT Products
    By Terminator LMG in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-14-2005, 02:09 AM
  4. so the trend now is m1t w/ 4ad huh?
    By sushibug in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:32 AM
  5. HI cardio (notice there are not 2 Is)
    By Tete in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in