"The Pacific" from the creators of Band of Brothers!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. OK Sorry guys, but I am now going to bow out of this thread until I get to watch it. I know someone's gonna come up in here and drop a spoiler for me, hahaha

pz
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

2. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    It's a great book. Better than the movie, and i don't read many books.

There is even mention in the book about how Pvt. Ryan (Saving Private Ryan) was really found and notified about his fallen brother's.

I think I would follow Winters into hell, and I've never even met the man.
    I did not know that Pvt.Ryan form SPR was real either...I never really trust "based on a true story" movies as bieng close to real. example cool runnings haha. That movie was pretty much 100% bs. Thats cool tho that he was really real..I love that movie too. Gonna have to get me these books now.
    •   

3. Damn, I am switching to comcast, might have to add HBO this weekend. I absolutely loved Band of Brothers.

4. So, what did you guys think? I wasnt overly impressed but its watchable. Anything that wears its politics on its face bothers me. I mean the captain who is all gung ho and racist, calling the Japanese yellow bastards, etc. is the guy sucking his thumb in the foxhole when the SHTF. How convenient.

5. FYI... if you have Direct TV, but don't have HBO it is being played each night this week on Channel 101 (heard the same for Dish, but have not confirmed).

I am watching it right now... will tell ya'll my thoughts about it tomorrow.

pz
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    •   

6. Damn, wish I was in the States for this. B.o.B. was the sh*t.

7. Ok... I think for those of us who got to know the characters of Band of Brothers so well it may take a little to warm up to these ones. But all in all, I think this is shaping up to be a damn good series for sure.

To note: John Basilone and Chesty Puller. If you are not familiar with them you should look them up along with 7th Marines. You can look up 1st Battalion 7th Marines in particular if you like, seeing as that was my battalion.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Damn, wish I was in the States for this. B.o.B. was the sh*t.
    Your in China? What be you there for?
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

9. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Ok... I think for those of us who got to know the characters of Band of Brothers so well it may take a little to warm up to these ones. But all in all, I think this is shaping up to be a damn good series for sure.
    Right about that. The second episode was great!

10. Reminder Episode 3 tonight!!

We saw Chesty and his boys getting some in episode 2. To include the heroic acts that won John Basilone the Medal of Honor.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market

11. I'm watching the show for the first time tonight. Band of Brothers what thee ****, this is shaping up to be the same

12. that stella sure is cute. I think I'm hooked on this show now.
  13. purelife1

havent watched #3 yet..will check it out on demand this week..first 2 were very good

14. Band of Brothers was such a good series I'm really excited about The Pacific.
    The first episode was kick ass! Can't wait for the others.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 11:04 PM
  2. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
  3. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 02:11 PM
  4. Band of Brothers on DVD
    By Bean in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2003, 04:27 AM